Uomo? 1997 Eau de Toilette

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino
Bottle Design Henry de Monclin
7.7 / 10 294 Ratings
Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Moschino for men and was released in 1997. The scent is woody-fresh. It was last marketed by EuroItalia. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes HedioneHedione CorianderCoriander KumquatKumquat Brazilian rosewoodBrazilian rosewood
Heart Notes Heart Notes CyclamenCyclamen Clary sageClary sage Cinnamon leafCinnamon leaf
Base Notes Base Notes AmberwoodAmberwood ArtemisiaArtemisia Solar noteSolar note CedarCedar MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.12.2022.

13 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 17
Low budget recommendation
Another favorable recommendation from me. I like to recommend and buy fragrances that are sold strongly under value. Many fragrances prove that a good perfume does not have to cost upwards from 50 euros or soagr 100 euros. With many low budget fragrances you have to make compromises (quality, performance etc.), but there are also fragrances where you have to ask yourself why it is sold so cheaply. You should test also in the bargain corner without prejudices and you will be surprised.
The Moschino fragrances are all relatively cheap and many are already quite high quality with good performance. Marketed by EuroItalia, where you can also find brands like Versace, Missoni and Dsquared2. Similar to Versace you get many for a small price. Some already about 20 euros. I bought this Uomo for about 30 Euro a 125ml. Top, if you know and appreciate the fragrance.

This fragrance is very inconspicuous, but is recommended by some as a secret tip. Especially for fragrances in the low price range.
The bottle is typical of the 90s. Simple with a simple oldschool touch. Plus the question mark, whatever that may stand for.
I'm having a hard time describing the scent. It is not that easy to describe, let alone to perceive individual fragrances. This is mainly a fresh woody fragrance with a few soft floral beginnings. It starts really extremely stinging, which fortunately quickly subsides. The opening is fresh citric, probably by Kumquat. A woody-floral freshness is also added. Great station wagon. The fragrance is long without great development until it ends after a long time with a gentle wood-musk mix.
For me a great mixture of understatement everyday scent and aromatic seducer. This makes it versatile, not just for everyday use. Even if I would choose another one for special occasions, it would not be too unattractive. Still: For me a super everyday fragrance, quite male and well suited for 30+. Woody-floral freshness with elegance.
From the Sillage it is well perceptible over long time and also the Hlatbarkeit should survive a working day with approx. 8 hours. Very satisfactory.

Clear test and purchase recommendation for this price.
Top Review 17
In search of the solar chord
Today I wore the beautiful Moschino Uomo? again. It fits very well to the still persistent mild weather. I would like to put him in the rather milder season, for cold days he may seem too quiet and discreet.
But at temperatures over 18 degrees it does really well.
What's in there? What does the fragrance pyramid tell us? Can you trust?
Yeah, I'm of the opinion, by and large, it is. At the beginning there is a nice fresh citrus note with floral hints. Kumquat, I know them. The little oval orange ones you can eat whole. Okay, there's nothing left over from peeling. They are sour, but very aromatic.
I've cooked jam from that too.
Not very often used in fragrances, but makes a good impression. Citrus fragrances always create a cheerful atmosphere. I can confirm that here, Uomo? is a cheerful scent. Hedion is also known to me, gives scents a jasmine note. Yes, it gets a little flowery too, also with a cheerful, friendly basic tone.
Within a short time it becomes a little spicier with woody hints, whereby it becomes already difficult to sniff out individual notes, all this is very fine and used sparingly. But this is absolutely no problem for me, as the fragrance should retain its fresh, cheerful character. A little musk can still be seen.

And now we have arrived at the title of my comment. In the base note, a "solar chord" is said to have been incorporated. There's an oversized question mark over my head now. What do you want me to think? Where is he? How's that supposed to smell?
Does the bottle have a solar drive and sprays automatically when opened when sunlight falls on it?
Has the test tube been treated with the raw materials under UV light so that the scent changes in a certain direction?
Does the fragrance glow in the dark after being stored in daylight?
Or do you glow even in the dark after use?
Should it not be used in direct sunlight, because it might smell burnt?
Or do you get sunburn from spraying on? Or does it protect against?
Does sunlight have any odour of its own?
Can the bottle be used to generate electricity? Or the scent?
Hmmmm, I don't know.... Maybe the perfumer didn't know for sure himself.
Maybe that's the meaning of the question mark behind Uomo.

But that doesn't change the fact that I like the fragrance very much and I can recommend it without further ado. Uomo? is suitable for the office, because it doesn't pull an overhanging veil of scent behind it, as an uncomplicated leisure scent it is also wonderful. In the evening he may sink a little, there he could give away too little.
As far as durability is concerned, unfortunately he does not have such good stamina. After about 4 hours the solar chord (and everything else) is gone. And it also becomes quite body-hugging within half an hour.
I took the bottle with me to work for spraying, which I didn't find too tragic, as the flow is quite linear and the fragrance is extremely inexpensive. 125 ml is often available for less than 20 Euro.
I had it in the 90s already once, then it seemed to me stronger and longer lasting. But what has not been revised and improved recently?
Nevertheless I am happy that I have Uomo? in my collection again and on warmer days he can be used with pleasure. Even if it doesn't glow in the dark ;-)
I also make a recommendation for ladies, because the fruity floral with light woody echoes is something for you without further ado and I can imagine that Uomo? also smells very nice in ladies.

So and now I will continue to rack my brains over the solar chord... I'm still looking at the bottle in the dark....
Very helpful Review 7
A touch of Corfu

Anyone who has ever stayed on the Greek island of Corfu will not have escaped two things: Empress Sissi and the Kumquat. This fruit, also known as dwarf orange, is not a citrus fruit, but it has the same fragrance.
I personally fell in love with this fragrance (and taste) on that very island, and when I later realized that a perfume actually existed in this scent, the joy was great.
And I was not disappointed. Uomo? smells like a walk through a Corfiot kumquat grove. I must confess, I can hardly get enough of that smell, it's so delicious. I also don't understand why, with all the bergamot, orange, madarine and lime, the perfume industry pays little attention to this scent. For me personally, the fragrance of this fruit is unbeatable.
This would then also describe Moschino's Uomo? as far as possible, because much more than kumquat does not really stand out in this - unfortunately not too long-lasting - fragrance. Maybe a little cinnamon here, a little sage there; in the drydown then an amber-musk mix. But in the main thing: Kumquat - and that is a good thing!
very unexpected
This fragrance was a strong surprise. I bought it based on Jeremy's recommendation and am positively surprised.

Fragrance is difficult to describe. The kumquat (dwarf oranges) is most clearly scented, otherwise any floral and woody notes. I'm no other fan of citrus scents at all but this one is very special.

The first time Uomo? wore it, he would have knocked me out of my hair. The fragrance had somehow a very interesting development and suddenly smelled very pleasant and special.

I cannot agree with the opinions that the fragrance is rather for adults. I find it suitable for all age groups except the very young.

It is also very versatile in terms of the seasons. For me the best situation: spring and autumn indoor, casual.

In any case is worth a blindbuy, because it is very cheap and does not offend.
Farneon
Fresh everyday fragrance with its own character
This extremely affordable fragrance reminds a little (!) of the no longer produced classic "D&G By Man", although "Uomo?" already saw the light of day a year earlier. This may have to do with the synthetic fragrance called Hedion, which is supposed to smell jasmine-like, but certainly comes across as particularly peculiar (I would say aquatic-floral).

The question mark by the name "Uomo?" makes sense in this case, because the EDT could also pass as unisex, but this is not detrimental to him at all. Of course, there will be other synthetic substances in play here just because of the price (what please is a solar note?), but I do not do hard with it, especially since we have to do with almost all fragrances that we are talking about here, with at least 80% synthetically produced alcohol! ;-)

In my nose, "Uomo?" comes in any case very harmonious, perhaps because from the top to the base notes spicy, floral and woody notes are integrated. Durability and sillage are not outstanding, but for the price of about 20 euros for 75 ml more than okay. For me, it is a very independent office-suitable everyday fragrance, which draws its freshness times not from citrus fruits and ends at the back not as woody as many of his colleagues.
More reviews

10 short views on the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 5 years ago
An easy to like fragrance with top fruity fresh hints and a musk base. Very consensual and a very good everyday option. Girlfriends like it!
Lmr4j3ireLmr4j3ire 2 years ago
Citrusy&musky soap. Very clean scent. Perfect for daily usage when you just simply want to smell good. or for any occasion really.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 12 months ago
Fresh citrus in the opening, and a woody-floral musk drydown. Not great but kinda unique and super cheap. Italian coast breeze feel. 3/5
Jazzy76Jazzy76 5 years ago
Man? with the question mark, exactly! Because it's a fragrance so aromatic and spicy, so gentle to be used by a woman too. I like it!
RobbieXRobbieX 2 years ago
A fresh, creamy and musky citrus longevity good.
More statements

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Moschino

Moschino by Moschino Toy Boy by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Toy 2 Bubble Gum (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Cheap and Chic - So Real by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino