Uomo? 1997Eau de Toilette

Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino
Bottle Design Henry de Monclin
Uomo? (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Moschino for men and was released in 1997. The scent is woody-floral. It is being marketed by EuroItalia. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesHedione, Coriander, Kumquat, Brazilian rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesCyclamen, Clary sage, Cinnamon leaf
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Artemisia, Solar note, Cedar, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.11.2020.

MikeMike
Can you be more Italian than that?
Very nice summer scent, just close your eyes, and you are in Italy. More in the warm city than on the cost. While notes can also be part of winter/autumn scent, surprisingly this is quite fresh but elegant at the same time. This is one of the summer scents without citrus fruitiness, it a great all-rounder. If only performance would be better.
A touch of Corfu

Anyone who has ever stayed on the Greek island of Corfu will not have escaped two things: Empress Sissi and the Kumquat. This fruit, also known as dwarf orange, is not a citrus fruit, but it has the same fragrance.
I personally fell in love with this fragrance (and taste) on that very island, and when I later realized that a perfume actually existed in this scent, the joy was great.
And I was not disappointed. Uomo? smells like a walk through a Corfiot kumquat grove. I must confess, I can hardly get enough of that smell, it's so delicious. I also don't understand why, with all the bergamot, orange, madarine and lime, the perfume industry pays little attention to this scent. For me personally, the fragrance of this fruit is unbeatable.
This would then also describe Moschino's Uomo? as far as possible, because much more than kumquat does not really stand out in this - unfortunately not too long-lasting - fragrance. Maybe a little cinnamon here, a little sage there; in the drydown then an amber-musk mix. But in the main thing: Kumquat - and that is a good thing!
Vrabec
Brilliant only near the skin
Uomo Moschino was never known to me - I'm probably too young for that. I just happened to run into him and couldn't get around a test.
A fragrance development does not really take place, which is a pity. The fragrance also smells quite simple, woody and fresh. A stable everyday fragrance that mercilessly goes down in the masses. Also, since the Sillage is in a good mediocrity. Only close to the skin does it unfold its potential, smelling sharp, dry, of a multitude of spices and woods. A touch of floridity is added. An erotic prick in the nose. Here he stands out, in intimacy he shines.
Well, you can stand by that any way you want. I'm sure there are men who want exactly that.
He's too inconspicuous for me
You lost
Uomo? was an early concept to me, one knows him from the 90s, he simply belonged to it at that time. With the smell I was always disturbed in principle something, whether it is especially the solar chord I do not know, however, it seems to me already in such a way... I don't know any other fragrance with such a note than Uomo?.

Am I the only one who perceives nutmeg in this bizarre mixture, or is my nose deceiving me? In addition, it is not a freshly grated nutmeg, but a spice tin like from grandma's kitchen cupboard, which has been around there for 15 years. It has to be mentioned that I still think the fresh citric prelude is the best, the mentioned nut abrasion comes only from behind, in between unfortunately too little for me. Lightly flowery by cyclamen, somewhat bulky by the cinnamon leaf and afterwards for my nose a mixed up networked with solar or UV irradiation.

However, what this solar chord is exactly, nobody knows probably so exactly, whether it is the ingredient to me the smell spoils I also do not know, but it is certain that Marbert Man Pure goes in a similar direction, the musty Muskat Moschino, however, in the shade leaves, at least for me!

For a long time I was wondering if I could provide Uomo? to an enthusiastic fan and now I am sure since I know Marbert pure. As it seems there are enough people who like it, for me it is nothing, or if you spray it on and perceive it easily I can bear it, but not if I smell directly at the sprayed place.
I think it's a pity, because I'm used to other things from the 90s. But my search for the really good oldschoolers goes on, Uomo? doesn't stop me :-)
SchatzSucher
In search of the solar chord
Today I wore the beautiful Moschino Uomo? again. It fits very well to the still persistent mild weather. I would like to put him in the rather milder season, for cold days he may seem too quiet and discreet.
But at temperatures over 18 degrees it does really well.
What's in there? What does the fragrance pyramid tell us? Can you trust?
Yeah, I'm of the opinion, by and large, it is. At the beginning there is a nice fresh citrus note with floral hints. Kumquat, I know them. The little oval orange ones you can eat whole. Okay, there's nothing left over from peeling. They are sour, but very aromatic.
I've cooked jam from that too.
Not very often used in fragrances, but makes a good impression. Citrus fragrances always create a cheerful atmosphere. I can confirm that here, Uomo? is a cheerful scent. Hedion is also known to me, gives scents a jasmine note. Yes, it gets a little flowery too, also with a cheerful, friendly basic tone.
Within a short time it becomes a little spicier with woody hints, whereby it becomes already difficult to sniff out individual notes, all this is very fine and used sparingly. But this is absolutely no problem for me, as the fragrance should retain its fresh, cheerful character. A little musk can still be seen.

And now we have arrived at the title of my comment. In the base note, a "solar chord" is said to have been incorporated. There's an oversized question mark over my head now. What do you want me to think? Where is he? How's that supposed to smell?
Does the bottle have a solar drive and sprays automatically when opened when sunlight falls on it?
Has the test tube been treated with the raw materials under UV light so that the scent changes in a certain direction?
Does the fragrance glow in the dark after being stored in daylight?
Or do you glow even in the dark after use?
Should it not be used in direct sunlight, because it might smell burnt?
Or do you get sunburn from spraying on? Or does it protect against?
Does sunlight have any odour of its own?
Can the bottle be used to generate electricity? Or the scent?
Hmmmm, I don't know.... Maybe the perfumer didn't know for sure himself.
Maybe that's the meaning of the question mark behind Uomo.

But that doesn't change the fact that I like the fragrance very much and I can recommend it without further ado. Uomo? is suitable for the office, because it doesn't pull an overhanging veil of scent behind it, as an uncomplicated leisure scent it is also wonderful. In the evening he may sink a little, there he could give away too little.
As far as durability is concerned, unfortunately he does not have such good stamina. After about 4 hours the solar chord (and everything else) is gone. And it also becomes quite body-hugging within half an hour.
I took the bottle with me to work for spraying, which I didn't find too tragic, as the flow is quite linear and the fragrance is extremely inexpensive. 125 ml is often available for less than 20 Euro.
I had it in the 90s already once, then it seemed to me stronger and longer lasting. But what has not been revised and improved recently?
Nevertheless I am happy that I have Uomo? in my collection again and on warmer days he can be used with pleasure. Even if it doesn't glow in the dark ;-)
I also make a recommendation for ladies, because the fruity floral with light woody echoes is something for you without further ado and I can imagine that Uomo? also smells very nice in ladies.

So and now I will continue to rack my brains over the solar chord... I'm still looking at the bottle in the dark....
Low budget recommendation
Another favorable recommendation from me. I like to recommend and buy fragrances that are sold strongly under value. Many fragrances prove that a good perfume does not have to cost upwards from 50 euros or soagr 100 euros. With many low budget fragrances you have to make compromises (quality, performance etc.), but there are also fragrances where you have to ask yourself why it is sold so cheaply. You should test also in the bargain corner without prejudices and you will be surprised.
The Moschino fragrances are all relatively cheap and many are already quite high quality with good performance. Marketed by EuroItalia, where you can also find brands like Versace, Missoni and Dsquared2. Similar to Versace you get many for a small price. Some already about 20 euros. I bought this Uomo for about 30 Euro a 125ml. Top, if you know and appreciate the fragrance.

This fragrance is very inconspicuous, but is recommended by some as a secret tip. Especially for fragrances in the low price range.
The bottle is typical of the 90s. Simple with a simple oldschool touch. Plus the question mark, whatever that may stand for.
I'm having a hard time describing the scent. It is not that easy to describe, let alone to perceive individual fragrances. This is mainly a fresh woody fragrance with a few soft floral beginnings. It starts really extremely stinging, which fortunately quickly subsides. The opening is fresh citric, probably by Kumquat. A woody-floral freshness is also added. Great station wagon. The fragrance is long without great development until it ends after a long time with a gentle wood-musk mix.
For me a great mixture of understatement everyday scent and aromatic seducer. This makes it versatile, not just for everyday use. Even if I would choose another one for special occasions, it would not be too unattractive. Still: For me a super everyday fragrance, quite male and well suited for 30+. Woody-floral freshness with elegance.
From the Sillage it is well perceptible over long time and also the Hlatbarkeit should survive a working day with approx. 8 hours. Very satisfactory.

Clear test and purchase recommendation for this price.
very unexpected
This fragrance was a strong surprise. I bought it based on Jeremy's recommendation and am positively surprised.

Fragrance is difficult to describe. The kumquat (dwarf oranges) is most clearly scented, otherwise any floral and woody notes. I'm no other fan of citrus scents at all but this one is very special.

The first time Uomo? wore it, he would have knocked me out of my hair. The fragrance had somehow a very interesting development and suddenly smelled very pleasant and special.

I cannot agree with the opinions that the fragrance is rather for adults. I find it suitable for all age groups except the very young.

It is also very versatile in terms of the seasons. For me the best situation: spring and autumn indoor, casual.

In any case is worth a blindbuy, because it is very cheap and does not offend.

Playful
Scentrack: Jovanotti - Serenata Rap

Like everything from Moschino Uomo is playful, charming and relaxed. Similarly to Moschino Forever it starts with exotic citrus fruit, followed by rosewood reminding me of the classic guitar smell and some aldehydes. In the heart cinnamon rides on the wave of flowery notes and gradually morphing to base of ambergris and musk.
Easy to wear, typical Italian charmer. Like a watery aquarel of notes. Spring is a perfect season to wear this Italian good guy made by Olivier Cresp.

Rating: 6.5/10

Rising Intonation?
One doesn't have to pronounce the name of this with rising intonation @ the end does one? I'm not doing anyway!

This is astounding - one of those outliers, value-for-minlet-wise. According to certain reports of its composition, it has real ambergris in it; & to my mind it does have the aroma as of one having it in. It would be remarkable to extreme if a 'fume of this price-brackett were to have real ambergris in it; if it's a facsimile of ambergris, then it's also remarkable to extreme degree, but in different direction. I know there are synthetic compounds such as ~ambroxan~ & ~hydroxyambran~ & others; but 'fumes replete with those don't smell particularly like they have ambergris in: but this one does!

Elegant Lemon Gem
Moschino Uomo? is a fresh aromatic woody scent released by the house of Moschino. This is a very classy underated masculine citrus Italian scent. Although released in 1997 it does not smell too dated. I get the velvety lemon notes from the Kumquat and also some sage on the opening and then the woods and cinnamon come more into play on the dry down. There is a little sweetness perhaps coming from the cinnamon leaf and wood accords

I think Uomo? is a very versatile scent which could suit any occasion but personally I think it works best for an office or work environment. Also I think this fragrance could be a compliment getter so it would work as an evening scent as well. I find the scent to have quite good longevity, around 7-8 hours . It is not a heavy fragrance so it has average projection and silage. I like the bottle design and although it has a plastic cap it fits very well with a secure click.

This fragrance is also very inexpensive and because of the versatility and its uniqueness of notes I think this would be a great purchase.

Overall 8.5

ScentDaneScentDane 8 months ago
A cheaper alternative to Amouage Reflection Man. Here you get a nice citrusy and creamy opening. Dies down to a nice floral musk.
ElysiumElysium 8 months ago
Soap on a rope. An amazing cheap mossy fragrance that consists of citrus, musk flowery, rosewood, and spice notes. A great frugal scent.
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
I'm reminded of a woman's cosmetics with sour tone from it, but it's clear that Moschino Uomo is still out of date in 2020.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Man? with the question mark, exactly! Because it's a fragrance so aromatic and spicy, so gentle to be used by a woman too. I like it!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
It smells classy and appealing.
Fantastic kumquat opening, alluring fresh scent and musky dry down.
An underrated gem from Moschino.

by Achilles
by Chnokfir
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Moschino

Moschino by Moschino Cheap and Chic - I Love Love by Moschino Moschino pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Toy Boy by Moschino Forever (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Couture! by Moschino Funny! by Moschino Gold Fresh Couture by Moschino Friends Men (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Toy 2 by Moschino Cheap and Chic by Moschino Glamour by Moschino Forever Sailing (Eau de Toilette) by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Light Clouds by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Hippy Fizz by Moschino Cheap and Chic - Chic Petals by Moschino Fresh Couture by Moschino Toujours Glamour by Moschino Cheap and Chic - So Real by Moschino Oh! de Moschino by Moschino