Maderas de Oriente 1918 Extracto

Maderas de Oriente (Extracto) by Myrurgia
Maderas de Oriente (Extracto) is a popular perfume by Myrurgia for women and was released in 1918. The scent is woody-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

AmbergrisAmbergris
Woody notesWoody notes

Submitted by Florblanca, last update on 02.01.2022.

Definitive, dirty sandalwood
I happily found this fragrance of my youth on eBay in an unfamiliar formulation: "locion". It starts out with a bit of a dirty, sweaty note,possibly ambergris, then fades to reveal a true sandalwood that is creamy and lasting. Not a complex fragrance at all, but earthy, sensual, and easy to wear. I sometimes wear 3 or 4 parts MdO to 1 part Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

This is not a review.
I can't review this perfume, not really. It's been more than 30 years since last time I had a bottle. All I can say is that I could just sit and sniff my Maderas de Oriente for hours and hours, deeply inhaling it like a drug.
The sandalwood sticks floating around in the bottle gave it a certain magic.
I went through several bottles in my early youth and never grew tired of it.

Back then I used to go to Spain on holiday and I always bought it there. I remember they sold it everywhere, in every single tourist shop they had bottle after bottle lined up. It cost next to nothing. I mean, literally. It was SO dirt cheap.

I actually found it on ebay recently. At $325 for a bottle. It looks like I will keep living on memories. Maybe that's only for the better. Who knows, I might be disappointed with it. It has probably grown in my memory to these epic dimensions. Nevertheless, it is the only perfume in the world that is truly special to me. There are many I love, like, enjoy, but this was just The One.

CumulnimbusCumulnimbus 27 days ago
Dry dusty oldstyle unisex sandalwood. The woody perfume here in Spain for decades. I find It a bit decadent, too austere,rough. Time travel.

by Bassavina
by Bassavina
by Viola8
by Viola8
by EvaK
by EvaK

Popular Myrurgia

Agua de Coimbra by Myrurgia Embrujo de Sevilla by Myrurgia Maja (Colonia) by Myrurgia Maja (Eau de Parfum) by Myrurgia Joya (Colonia) by Myrurgia Nueva Maja by Myrurgia Orgía (1970) (Colonia) by Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente (Perfume de Tocador) by Myrurgia Jungla (Extracto) by Myrurgia Maja (Eau de Toilette) by Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente (Loción) by Myrurgia Lavanda by Myrurgia Promesa (Perfume) by Myrurgia Clavel de España by Myrurgia Agua de Colonia 1916 - Hierba Fresca by Myrurgia Hidalgo (Cologne) by Myrurgia Myrurgia by Myrurgia Flor de Blasón by Myrurgia Triangle by Myrurgia Oasis by Myrurgia