Dubai - Majalis 2016

Dubai - Majalis by Nabeel
Dubai - Majalis is a popular perfume by Nabeel for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Asghar Adam Ali (Brand Owner, Perfumemaker)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
MyrrhMyrrh
MuskMusk
HoneyHoney
Arabian coffeeArabian coffee

Submitted by Michael, last update on 04.11.2021.

The scent is part of the collection "The Spirit of Dubai".

Spices and smells of the Thousand and One Nights
Majalis was a very daring purchase from me. I have the fragrance before the purchase already 1x tested, but the high price made the decision not exactly easy. Today arrived my bottle of Majalis. The OVP is already a dream, I especially like this case for the bottle, which I find a good idea especially for travel. Also the bottle itself shows an insane love for the part, the walls of the room which is on the bottle have been made with incredible attention to detail, as well as the use of REAL fabric for the carpet. The sense behind such a flacon can and may of course be critically questioned: For me, primarily the fragrance is important. Nabeel shows here but in any case as perfume 300 € should look. Here Nabeel overtakes Roja quite clearly from the presentation. I think this can confirm everyone who has already had a Nabeel Dubai flacon in the hand.

The fragrance itself teleports me directly to distant lands. The unknown and foreign are for me the associations that pull me with Majalis in the spell. The dominant notes are for me: rose (perfectly interwoven and never intrusive), fruity notes such as apple, pear peach, etc.. There are also spicy notes oud, the typical Arabian mocha, woods, date and a beautiful smoky frame with myrrh and frankincense. After a few hours, the spicy and smoky notes come through more. It's really very hard to describe Majalis more accurately though. The flood of perfectly interwoven notes are overwhelming to me. I have rarely smelled a perfume that has such a fine balance of individual notes as Majalis. It is really something special, when a perfume manages to create an allegory in me the perfume deserves a very good rating. I would describe the fragrance as follows: It is late evening in a country in the far east in the air is the smell of foreign spices, incense sticks that give off their scent, the smell of the market is still in the air. In the side streets people sit drinking Masala, Ceylon, Thé à la menthe and other specialties of the Far East. Majalis has this aura, which manages to fascinate me every time.

The shelf life is Nabeel typical perfect. I can smell Majalis over 12 hours and the silage remains a little over 8 hours at over an arm's length and then starts to become increasingly skin tight.

I can recommend you all to try the Nabeel brand. The brand unfortunately leads a shadowy existence in Europe. The brand is also a great alternative to the typical brands such as Amouage, Xerjoff, Roja, Kemi, etc..
"Dazzling."
There I would be when spraying really almost tilted from the mountain pines.
He's really "amazing" in the beginning.
I have to think about advertising: "If it's too strong, you're too weak".
But what happens then? He's taking a very strong stance.
I mainly smell incense, a very nice one.
I can still spot myrrh and again and again something orange flashes up, probably the grapefruit which gives the fragrance a light freshness.
The rest is so interwoven that nothing smells, always different nuances appear.
What I find most fascinating is that there are so many notes here that I don't like, that usually stick into my nose immediately. But here, I don't smell them. It's art.
Also the Oud, one smells probably a little, that it is contained, but at all no Muff or cow stable.
If you inhale very firmly directly on the skin, it even smells soft.
In any case fascinating and worth testing.
And the bottle is so beautiful.
What if I wanted to wear it? Does anyone have any idea where I'm going to spray?

Gourmand spicy delight
I love Majalis, out of all the first generation perfumes from TSOD. I keep on going back for more and more. It's a spicy, warm, sweet incense concoction. The sillage is huge and lasted on my skin for a good 24 hours. It stays on clothes and any material that you spray on for weeks on end. I had sprayed my wrist and one week later I could still smell the scent but it was from my wrist watch which I had sprayed in the process. I think this is the best from G1 and I got 2 of these perfumes and generous samples from the boutique with the purchase. I have been told TSOD will be launching an exclusive perfume which will be available at the boutique this year, I will be waiting in anticipation. Until then I am going back to my beloved Majalis and drown myself in it's glorious aroma.
The scent of Dubai...
.... . . .this is the best way to visualize the extraordinary scent. Close your eyes and imagine a walk through Old Dubai along the Dubai Creek, watching the hustle and bustle of the merchants on and around the ships/boats, and ending at the Dubai Spice Souk in Al Ras. During this walk you will absorb so many olfactory delights, which are reflected by this great scent. The heat favors the impression.

Majalis is a fragrance that one would classify somewhat differently due to the many different scents a la Couleur. The first spray, "Boom" full of spices, which have completely taken over the first time. I personally like this phase very much, because nothing seems overloaded and leaves no itching in the nose, as it can be the case with some spices. In the course of time, different scents appear again and again, which are difficult to determine, as they virtually only stop over for a short time and then move on again.

I have been able to test some spicy oriental scents so far and I like this impact, but such an outstanding and extraordinary scent has never been under my nose before.

As far as durability and sillage are concerned, this should be in the upper range. I personally find the bottle very beautiful, which is not the case with the price; € 535 for 50ml and € 705 for 100ml.

It remains to be said that the First Generation with its 7 fragrances offers a wonderful journey through the Arab Emirates. The available Discovery Set is particularly suitable for testing purposes.

The Spirit of Dubai Majalis
Majalis is complex, stunningly addictive, opulent and very much wearable. Upon initial spray, you are overwhelmed with a wide array of accords....each pulling for your attention. What do I notice? The overall feeling is warm, smoky, spicy, and sweet....and the main accords that stand out: rich pipe tobacco, smoky incense, thick/sticky/sweetness (vanilla & dates?) hints of citrusy sweet fruit, espresso beans, woody notes, and florals. I can't get enough of this house lately...and they spared no expense on the presentation. Performance is stellar! No complaints here

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
Initially smoky and earthy spicy-floral, a thick and fruity/sweet, oriental spicy-floral fragrance, balanced by a warm leathery-woody base.
PerfumemaniaPerfumemania 4 years ago
Gourmand, incense, spicy opulent divine scent!

by Taamii
by Taamii
by Taskphorce
by Taskphorce

Popular Nabeel

Dubai - Rimal by Nabeel Dubai - Meydan by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Baz by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Narjesi by Nabeel Arab Tradition by Nabeel Dubai - Abraj by Nabeel Dubai - Turath by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Abjar by Nabeel Dubai - Oud by Nabeel Al Hajes by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Diwan by Nabeel Dubai - Fakhama by Nabeel Nabeel by Nabeel Dubai - Bahar by Nabeel Nasaem by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Haibah by Nabeel The Spirit of Dubai - Aamal by Nabeel Shu Hadha by Nabeel Dahn Al Oud Amiri by Nabeel Macho Man by Nabeel