Naomi Campbell 1999

Naomi Campbell by Naomi Campbell
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Naomi Campbell is a perfume by Naomi Campbell for women and was released in 1999. The scent is sweet-powdery. It is being marketed by Designer Parfums.

Ursula Wandel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Coconut, Magnolia, Mandarin orange, Orange blossom, Peach, Pink pepper, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Jasmine, Queen-of-the-night, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Benzoin, Caramel, Musk, Opoponax, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.09.2020.

Late love...
This fragrance was a gift and did not meet my taste at all in the beginning. After years in the bathroom cabinet I was looking for a fragrance suitable for everyday use and applied it. I've liked him for the office ever since. It is not intrusive, gently floral with a pleasant warm spicy base note. I like it :)
Attention spoiler
If you like the scent and don't want to take the risk of suddenly smelling the scent I'm about to describe, you should stop reading now. For all others: read at your own risk.

How I'd love to turn back time sometimes before I've noticed the one note that's now spoiling my entire fragrance. Then I could write a normal rating and probably give the fragrance 6.5-7.5 points.
In my memory it smelled sweet (too sweet for me today), spicy, somehow like dried fruits (dried figs, apricots and dates?), and a powdery wooden chord like Naomagic and Armani "She" - but in a weakened form - was also there.
It was one of my first perfumes, and I always associated it with Christmas.
It also smells much more expensive than it is, and is probably one of the drugstore fragrances with the best value for money.
For many years I hoarded my big bottle, used it occasionally and even bought it once.
And then it suddenly "clicked" in my nose, and I smell: The brine of feta cheese.
Do you know this when you cut the cheese into small pieces and then put it back into the brine to gradually use it up, and when you arrive at the last piece, the liquid is already slightly yellowish and no longer smells as good as on the first day? Fortunately it's not that bad, but the cheese sheet note is not really fresh either. It's more in the middle between freshly opened and "I'd roast it just in case".
I even bought myself a new bottle, because I thought mine would have fallen over. And the deodorant, too. Unfortunately both had to move on, because I smell almost only cheese. I don't even find the smell really bad, but I just don't want to smell like that, even though I'm the only one who perceives it that way, it still bothers me.
I told my mother and she still doesn't smell the note, but a friend I told her only said: "That's right! Shit."
My teen scent :)
For my 16th birthday I got this fragrance for the first time as a present. A gift set with a small bottle with golden glitter particles inside and a small shower gel :)
I was very happy, unpacked it right away and sprayed it... A warm, vanilla, exotic coconut scent blew around me. Sexy, creamy and cuddly, it was love at first sight.
Immediately I felt really grown up, sexy and ready for the party :) Also with my girlfriends he arrived really well and not only one ran to the Schlecker the next day to treat himself to a bottle.
I still really like the fragrance today, it was a real highlight in the drugstore at that time and today it fits exactly to the current trend, a whole 20 years later... So respect, you have to imitate that first
Ahead of its time...?
Perfume blind tests, that would be something! A fragrance is sprayed onto a neutral strip and test persons who have not seen the vial before can sniff it. Now they have to guess whether it is an expensive or a cheap fragrance. I weather, with Naomi almost everyone would bet on a high-end delicacy! If Rabanne or Lancôme or Saab or whatever their names are on the label, it would probably be a box-office hit like the LVEBs of the world. Because he doesn't have to hide! But he is standing somewhere on the side of the drugstore shelves and gets far too little attention in my eyes.

Okay, I think the bottle is ugly and full of nineties, but the fragrance is more contemporary than ever. Sweet gourmands are currently very popular to wear and see Shirin David (the community fragrance, you know about it....) a wild mixture of different ingredients is also very popular. So Naomi did everything right in the 90s!

The perfume contains many fragrances that I totally love: jasmine, orange blossom, star anise, vanilla, caramel, tonka bean... And they form a truly magnificent symbiosis. Naomi accompanies you best on cooler days - so now in autumn it's his time! In summer, which we had a lot this year, he could just get a bit too sweet.

Otherwise the scent on my skin comes across very soft and powdery, not obtrusive, but well perceptible. He also stays on the spot for several hours, so the incognito testers have nothing to criticize. I think it is an adult fragrance, and although it is so sweet and powdery, it has something clean, pure about it. That's exactly what fascinates me about him: It's like taking a fresh shower with a fragrant sun cream on a hot summer day and the scent wafts up your nose all day long

essence of vagueness
The listing of notes for this one sounds simply gorgeous. But I find this to be a somewhat hairspray-ish mild vanilla/caramel scent. Where's the pimento? The benzoin? The heliotrope? I'm suspecting that either all those lovely notes cancel each other out, or I'm anosmic to something used in this one. Time to pass this along and see whether someone else gets something better out of it.

by Saluka
by Hermessenz
by UnterZwang
by UnterZwang

Popular Naomi Campbell

Naomagic by Naomi Campbell Mystery by Naomi Campbell Sunset by Naomi Campbell Winter Kiss by Naomi Campbell Cat Deluxe by Naomi Campbell Cat Deluxe At Night by Naomi Campbell Private by Naomi Campbell At Night by Naomi Campbell Paradise Passion by Naomi Campbell Exult by Naomi Campbell Naomi by Naomi Campbell Seductive Elixir by Naomi Campbell Prêt à Porter by Naomi Campbell Wild Pearl by Naomi Campbell Prêt à Porter Silk Collection by Naomi Campbell Cat Deluxe With Kisses by Naomi Campbell Bohemian Garden by Naomi Campbell Queen of Gold by Naomi Campbell Glam Rouge by Naomi Campbell Here To Stay by Naomi Campbell