For Her (2003) Eau de Toilette

For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez

For Her (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for women and was released in 2003. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange blossom, Osmanthus
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Vetiver, Patchouli

Submitted by Sahmara, last update on 09.08.2019

A Limited Edition was released in 2013 on occasion of the 10th anniversary of this perfume.

9.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Seductive Osmanthus
The first 5-7 minutes on my skin are projecting sharper musky-osmanthus combination, which I personally like a lot. What follows is the floral orange blossom, osmanthus heart, although I personally detect some jasmine thrown in for good measure. The florals dominate for about an hour giving way to the leftover osmanthus and amber with warm vanilla, which is basically what sells it to me. It is a seriously seductive perfume which has no close competition composition-wise. Quite divine, this one!

The thing about roses
When it comes to perfumes that smell like rose, it's a difficult thing for me. I absolutely don't like the scent of the Bulgarian rose (i.e. the scent of Chloé?), but when I sniff a real rose in the nursery or on a farm, I find the scent incredibly beautiful, but it's hard to find it again in the perfumery Unfortunately, many perfumes go in this Chloé direction, which I actually strongly reject. And I have to say, Narciso smells very much like it in my opinion, although the rose does not appear in the scents.
However, Narciso is slightly different in some points and therefore it is a perfume that I like to wear. It is more woody, powdery and smells very mature and sophisticated.
I also notice an enormous similarity to Modern Muse by Estée Lauder.
The durability is unbelievable. I have allowed myself half a sprayer on the back of my hand for a while and it is really very present. I think this is the strongest perfume I own and the Sillage is enormous. If I don't smell it, I can rely on other people in the room still having it in their noses.
And to sum it up, who loves roses is well served here.
10.0 10.0 10.0 6.0/10

Kaliha
I did do it after all...
I tested it, but I can't remember what I was thinking. He arrived five minutes ago and was sprayed right onto my skin. The first thought: lilac! Wait. There's no one in it. Could it be the Osmanthus? I'd really rather have bergamot. I'm beginning to notice it get flowery and powdery. I'm hopefully waiting for the base. Whether he manages to convince my Chanel skin chemistry of himself - I wait and report!
7.0 9.0 10.0 7.5/10

Paris91
A long day with For Her...
I tested For Her EDT a long time ago. He didn't think it was bad, but not really wearable for me.
Well, first of all, ticked off.
Until today...

At the moment I am looking for a fragrance that goes in a different direction. Maybe a little bit more special, not as sweet and flowery as my other friends.
So off to the nice department stores and off we went.

Well, I have to say that the scents that are coming out right now are just lame and unimaginative. Sorry, but most of them smell the same, even if we subconsciously tell ourselves that it's not so.
Sweet, sweetest sweetest. That's how it is!
Some of them I think are pretty good, but I just can't smell it anymore. Always the same.

And so I came to For Her EdT again.
A very musky fragrance that goes slightly in a masculine direction. That's exactly what scared me off then and what attracted me today..

For Her is really special. Freshly sprayed I don't notice anything of orange blossom and bergamot. Osmanthus is directly there and she also sprays her flowery scent.
Nothing's easy here. It goes right in! And that's how it stays.
The heart note only appears after 2-3 hours. If anything. Find the scent smells identical from the first minute to the end!
He doesn't really go through a development with me, except that he sometimes gets a slightly masculine touch. I find it quite exciting, but somehow frightens me. I don't want to smell like a man or unisex scent. This doesn't suit me.

And there is also the problem...
For Her is so present that I get headaches when he blows into my nose all the time (H&S is insane for an EDT. About 10-12 hours)
The scent is so special but also great that I just have to have it ;D

I think he's definitely moving in with me. For Her and me? That's gonna be a love-hate thing.
10.0 8.0 10.0 8.0/10

Development talks
2016 I started looking for a new fragrance for myself (I was faithful to one for over ten years:)) and how it is: slipped into the fragrance universe and got stuck.

Through the wonderful new inspirations I began to "eat" myself through sweet scents like a caterpillar. Mountains full of cotton candy, tonka beans, vanilla beans, cream toppings, chocolate truffles and much more landed on my wrists, arms, legs and hair. Always looking for the ultimate soul scent. In between there was also a liqueur to digest or some fruit and vegetables.
The metamorphosis into a flower-like butterfly did not take place. Apparently I'm not, and flowers don't look too good on me. It is already the heavy, full element that catches up with me again and again.

Rodriguez is dark, earthy and sweet too. But not in the gourmand sense. Lush flowers and delicate musk conjure up an unagitated, easily perceptible scenttaura. Everything well balanced and very sensual. The sweetness is clear and mature. "For her" is warming and comforting. I think it's a perfect fit for autumn.

The fragrance allows me to look in a new direction and to further develop my fragrance technique. Development is one of the essential experiences I experience here. Every phase is great and enriching. Our scents are apparently an expression of our present self.
I still love the sweets, but now I also like to surrender to adulthood.
I can enjoy this very well with the scent.

Love You Baby
I was prompted to write a review of 'For Her' after smelling 'For Women' (white bottle) a few days ago.
This is the one (FH) with good sillage and elusive musks, the EDP is peachier with definite stickability.
The EDT is the equivalent of a Toyota Corolla, ubiquitous, rust free, user friendly with good economy. It lacks imagination but statistics show it benefits from repeat purchasers, and you can soup it up with the 'In colour' or 'Musc Intense' add-ons that men love, like a leather bound steering wheel or Recaro seats. That men love this is not in question, my husband loves the sillage hours after I have put it on.
Let's face it, it's a must have, it's your favourite pair of jeans or possibly your favourite pair of knickers; you, but better, with Narciso at the leather bound steering wheel, cruising the Napa valley, tasting astringent wines that mellow with age, For Her in a Toyota Corolla.

~ NR For Her Only ~
~ I have wanted to get my nose on this popular designer 'fume for a long time but until just recently thanks to a perfumista friend couldn't, thank-you! My primary interest was as I had read that this might be wearable and venture into the unisex realm? Trust me other than "maybe" the final end with a hint of woody notes, no! This is "extremely sexy and for her" sorry for the lack of tact but there is no other word! I knew from the initial sample spray it was an intoxicating opening of musk and orange blossom. Shortly later I could almost taste the amber and vanilla sweet elixir! This would make me be so bold as to ask a strange woman respectfully what she was wearing and give her an enthusiastic compliment. It held on tight to my masculine skin on the wrist so I assume it is a close skin scent which can be both very discreet and also perfect for an enchanting night with a significant. If it's any indication of the effect on a woman's neck I could not keep my nose from dipping to my wrist for most of the day, very sensual and magnetic! I now see why it is consistently listed with Dior Poison, TFBO and Coco Noir etc. when a "certain" forum topic comes up looking for bottle suggestions....it deserves it!
Scent - 4/5

Kind Regards, Plat ~
10.0/10

Walking Sex
I first encountered Narciso Rodriquez For Her while visiting a girlfriend in Chicago. Trailing this perfume, she walked by me after we'd gotten dressed for an evening out. The scent riveted my attention. I asked what it was, wrote down the name, came home and promptly bought it. Later I learned it's a favorite of Michelle Obama, which helps explain why a love affair's been underway for so long at the White House. Last night hubby sniffed it for the first time in a while. It must have riveted his attention, too, because he informed me that instead of wasting time studying and buying different perfumes, I could just wear this. It was better than everything I had.

He's biased, being male. Narciso Rodriquez is a blatantly sexy fragrance. Its rich indolic top notes combine with the luxuriously musky heart to create a classy come-hither perfume. Nice to have it in our arsenals because there are times when all a female of our species really wants to say is, "Hey, you handsome rascal over there. Stop gawking, come here, and unzip me."
7.5 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Who's That Lady?
(Yes I was singing the song when I typed in the title haha)

NR for Her
She is dark and sexy. A little mysterious and a bit dirty. Once you get a whiff of her she's stuck in your head and can't get her out. You want to be near her, touch her, please her, be totally consumed by her. She sets off an aura of self confidence and class. When NR for Her is present all eyes are on her.

Longevity 6-8 hours on skin
Sillage is moderate, but I have noticed people want to get as close to you as possible when wearing this.
7.5 7.5 5.0/10

The archetypal musky woody floral
Not being a big fan of heavy musk perfumes, I was never really the target for Narciso Rodriguez FOR HER, whether the eau de parfum or the eau de toilette. Both are extremely heavy on the musk. The last time I tried the pink version (eau de parfum), I was overwhelmed by the musk and had to go take a bath before I had the chance to write a review.

This evening, with a hot bath already drawn and patiently waiting for me on the horizon, I decided to give FOR HER eau de toilette a sniff. Unfortunately this house uses the annoying opaque plastic sample spray vials which always seem to contain an unexpectedly small amount of juice inside--whether by chance or design. There was enough in mine to give both wrists a good spritz, and I find myself thinking of Tocca CLEOPATRA all over again. FOR HER is definitely closer to the sweet musky patchouli of CLEOPATRA than it is to the lavender woody musk of Sarah Jessica Parker LOVELY, to which NR FOR HER is often compared.

I believe that I could wear NR FOR HER eau de toilette, despite its extreme muskiness, because it is not really that gross sweaty spitty body fluid musk which makes me feel a bit queasy. Instead, it's a smooth, more chemical (clinical?) than animalic musk.

Like a favorite sweater
This is a comfy fragrance, my impression upon smelling it for the first time was that it felt familiar, like a favorite sweater, soft and laundered countless times... Surely you have grabbed such a garment, brought it up to your face and smelled the familiar traces of your life there, even though the sweater is clean.

For Her is a bit like that: It smells warm, soft, comfortable, familiar, and while it is a light scent, it stays with you easily throughout the day.
Not an grand entrance maker or a sillage monster, this one won't get noticed unless someone comes close, which is exactly how I tend to prefer my scents to behave.

nice, but not for me
EDT: Long lasting for an EDT a more creamy soft version of EDP with a more soft barely there musk. unfortunately it will not be added to my collection, but people seem to love it at Sephora

Diaz89 24 days ago
Sublime ambery osmanthus - vanilla rendition, with orange blossom making it lighter and more wearable than it otherwise would be.
Jazzy76 12 months ago
the minimal black bottle hides an enveloping musky-powdery fragrance, very sexy but without excess. Good longevity and average sillage
Lexa 3 years ago
More beautiful than Edp in my opinion,NR for Her is just sexy.The musk is not animalic,is really well blended with roses and orange blossom.+3
10.0
ScentFan 3 years ago
Per hubby, "You could just throw out all the rest and keep this!"+6
10.0

Vielen Dank für die anerkennenden und lieben Worte!:-)) Ich wünsche Euch eine schöne Sommerwoche!!
by LaVioletta
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
Geschenke: linker von Pont Neuf, rechter von Antoine - VOLL!
by Meinhardis