For Him Bleu Noir (2015) Eau de Toilette

For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez

For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesBlue cedar, Ebony, Vetiver

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 02.12.2019.

10.0 7.0 6.0 9.0/10

Gentlemen's secret weapon
First spray was instant love. Feels like getting dressed for an ocasion, but not wearing a suit but something very comfortable, like a cashmere sweather. This scent to me is deep and misterious, and I don't find this sort composition being offered often by designer fragrances that address to an urban lifestyle. It has something wild but very well adapted to the big city life. So many people say it resembles Cartier's Declaration and it does. But I never think of it that way. Its so warm, so spicy and alluring, I couldn't ever confound them. Lovely to say the least, one of my favourite scents from a designer house.
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

A warm and cosy scent
I'm a Narciso fan. This was the first Narciso I bought - I have since purchased the other three. In fact, I would like to have most of the women's releases if not for the price and especially the fact that they are so very feminine.

There are lots of comparisons between this and Terre d'Hermès and/or Cartier Declaration. I won't delve into that; I find that this is very much its own perfume independently of similar notes or accords and disagree with statements that this is a copy of either of those fragrances.

Bleu Noir EdT opens strong and spicy with the cardamom and nutmeg (although my untrained nose cannot distinguish the nutmeg). Wrapping the spices is a warm and cosy musk that makes everything very soft and plush. If you dig your nose into it you can distinguish something else lurking in the background - woods (and vetiver maybe).

As it dries down, the spices start fading away, and after two hours the scent has mostly settled down to a very classy and distinct woodsy and musky fragrance with hints of the spices. At first what I loved the most was the opening, but with repeated wearings I started liking the dry down more and more.

Performance is not too shabby. Strong opening with fairly good projection and sillage in the first couple of hours. It then starts getting closer to the skin but lasts about 6-8h in total with a nice scent bubble and even a while longer as a skin scent.

This and its younger brother Bleu Noir EdP have not gotten much love from the community, but I adore them and am very happy to have them in my collection.
9.0 6.0 6.0 7.0/10

BeauDeJour
In the depths of the ocean
While looking in the turquoise for a fresh scent, I was bored and sniffed some bottles until I spotted the shelf with the Narciso scents shortly before the checkout. You know what it's like - if you haven't collected any information about certain fragrances before going to the perfumery and go from shelf to shelf relatively unbiased, the bottle is usually the most important trigger for the next step: spraying the test strip or your own skin
In the case of this candidate, I was attracted both by the high-quality, deep blue bottle and by the name "Bleu Noir", which later became 100% suitable. That looks clear - I can already sense the depth of the seemingly infinite, threatening ocean! Since I can't even smell a fragrance on most perfumes (I rather smell the big picture, I leave the fragrance description to the experts), I describe my fragrance experience as follows.

The EDP and the EDT evaluated here were available for selection. Both were sprayed on, the EDT agreed with me more in the end. It seemed a little fresher, more lively and was more clearly perceptible for my nose. All in all my premonition of the smell was confirmed, which happens quite rarely.

While in my opinion the EDP could almost represent the bottom of the ocean - that's how deep it smelled for me - the EDT was just there for the last thousand meters - and yet it was already in the deep dark area of the seemingly endless waters. On the mental way there, my nose on my wrist, I was suddenly an invisible, immortal being on my way through the oceans of this world. In the impenetrable, icy cold darkness I observed giant squids, shining fish and creatures that could have come from a fantasy novel - and yet still live here on our earth. From light (except for a few shining fish) no trace, constantly surrounded by "Bleu Noir", I could follow these strange creatures into indescribable depths. The actually deadly pressure so far below sea level could not harm me - I was a lonely soul, not perceived by the whole organisms, which she could observe in peace and quiet and swam along with. Partly the seabed was almost tangible, the sand whirled up let me guess it.
Unfortunately the excursion into the depths was already over after about 5 hours - the scent can only be perceived very close. I slowly ascended again or awoke from my daydream, could slowly guess the light of the scorching sun, perceive single algae and the phenomena of the sea animals became more familiar again - see you strange creatures down there soon!

As you can see, it wasn't a really fresh scent (except for the first few minutes after spraying on) - but one that really takes you to places where few scents usually take you.
It is really not a fragrance that brings compliments - it is (on me) much too inconspicuous or "dark" for that. I wouldn't call it a winter scent, because I don't think it is suitable as a contrast for the cold. From warm spring to warm autumn it somehow works best. Also the Sillage should be perceptible only in the beginning - but you wrap yourself in this oceanic scent environment, which you can also smell longer.

I find the different descriptions of the fragrance interesting, which hardly coincide with my version - noses are so different.
8.0 6.0 6.0 7.5/10

Almost amazing
To me this flanker is the distant cousin of the original For Him and For Him intense, there are some similarities and you can certainly see they share the DNA but Bleu Noir comes with a twist. To me this is a more complex version with a richer note break down that makes it very interesting and a gorgeous scent however the performance is bad, so bad.

Fell in love with this fragrance so it's painful to see the awful performance that cripples the final product otherwise this could've been a great fragrance.
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

The fresh and spicy Rodrigo
My motto for this fragrance is: Get into the store, spray, buy and get out of the store again. Not many fragrances have been able to go directly to my collection without preliminary information. Even without being able to test the silage, the longevity and further development only approximately subjectively. But with this I was very very very sure and so far not disappointed, because this smell surprises me again and again. Even after more than a year, it always gives new impulses, which even depend on the season or the outside temperature.
I wouldn't say that he had a proper development on his skin after this time. He's on my skin from start to finish with the same main notes. These consist of spices such as nutmeg, freshness of musk and woodiness. Depending on the temperature, however, a further note is added, which then also permanently adheres to the skin. In the winter I have a seaweed-like saltiness, which one doesn't expect and combines well with the other notes. Even if this fragrance is certainly not the typical "all weather Scent", I like to test how my collection changes at different temperatures.

In the end, I would buy the perfume again without hesitation, because it is easy to wear and for me personally it was a discovery that you can simply treat yourself to. Let's go on an adventure.
10.0 8.0 8.0 6.0/10

"A difficult birth..."
... and in two ways: For the second time I have tested FHBN and for the second time it goes back. Somehow with a heavy heart, because it was a hot flirt between me and this fragrance, but - that much is certain now - it will unfortunately not be a love affair.

An EDT that not everyone has, a bottle that is unparalleled, a fragrance experience that truly occupies a niche. And my sympathy for musk, coupled with my rejection of overly gourmand and leathery scents. The conditions seemed ideal for a hot night in a dark, dim club. I'm already a bit "over it", the shirt collar is wide open, the bass is romping, all the guests are sweaty. I lean against the counter and perceive something like a dark freshness that only suits this night, a sultry room climate that carries a hint of "decay" in it.

From there: everything done right, Mr Rodriguez! But I am in such a situation too rarely and already on my way home I sniff at myself again in clear, cool air. Suddenly it doesn't want to fit anymore. I won't have sex anymore, I'm already thinking about the To Do's of the next day, feel a bit "ramshackle" and FHBN seems like a sweaty piece of clothing, which I want to take off immediately.

Now all this may seem a bit excessive, but that's exactly what I associate with FHBN. When I was looking for an EDT for just such occasions, this fragrance was at the top of my favourites' league. For some party night owls of younger birth dates he would probably still not be "horny" and "sexy" enough, but I'm out of age. After a top note that is intrusively sweet for me, after about a quarter of an hour a "heavy freshness" appears, if there is such a thing. I don't know where it comes from... I would have expected a citric fragrance component, which is obviously not present.

Anyway, in a nutshell, FHBN is a seductive bride for me, with whom I like to dare a dance, but which is solely due to the situation. Looking at it by day, I realize that we have little in common except that nocturnal memory that unites us. So it won't work out for us. I will not introduce you to my friends and colleagues... and before I call you twice a year and ask your forgiveness for neglecting you for so long, I'd rather not! ;-)
9.0 7.0 7.0 6.5/10

Tribute to J.C. Ellena
From Narciso Rodriguez house I expect something bold. Unfortunately Bleu Noir is a just another contemporary cross between Cartier Declaration (cardamom) and Terre d'Hermes (vetiver and lots of Iso E Super). Developing to the base Iso E Super becomes more and more pronounced.
Just another standard delivery, nothing's new here. Already smelt.

Cartier Declaration's & Terre D'Hermes little baby
Mix of Terre D'Hermes and Cartier Decleration, Nothing extraordinary here. Period.
You can get one out of the three and I'd recommend Terre D'Hermes EDT.

Catarina 4 days ago
One of the manliest fragrances I have ever smelled!+3
Golcher 7 months ago
Lovely scent, a new direction in the For Him family but still has the DNA, like a cousin. Such a shame the performance is so poor
Carlitos01 20 months ago
An MMM - Musky Manly Masterpiece! It seemed to be a fragrance that only I would like. Instead it's a powerful ladies compliment getter.+5
Guapo 3 years ago
An unabashed clone of Terre d'Hermes Edt.+1

by TomDuft
by TomDuft
by Golcher
...blue so dark it appears black.
by DarkWinterCS
by DarkWinterCS

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Eau by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez