For Him Bleu Noir 2015Eau de Toilette

For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez
For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesBlue Atlas cedar, Ebony, Vetiver

Submitted by Hermesh, last update on 03.10.2020.

My first "blue" scent
Narciso Rodriguez Bleu Noir. The name of my first "blue" perfume, which I bought years ago. I hadn't quite got the hang of it then. I thought perfumes of that kind had to be so expensive sometimes, without too much in return. What sounds like a joke here should only send me on my real journey a few years later.

The dawning of the night. The street lamps light up, while the sky is not yet completely dark. A slightly cool wind is blowing. One walks in the city centre past the shop windows.
I imagine the concept behind this fragrance to be similar. At that time I found it exciting. Even today the idea itself is not without inspiration.

But.....

But now I am the type of person who likes to go to the shops instead of just looking in the windows. I like going to the candy store instead of just imagining the taste of chocolate. Once again I let a pinball machine tilt instead of falling asleep with the GameBoy in my hand.

This is how the blue twilight in olfactory form affects me. This is how I feel the scent today:
One who could if he wanted to. The (work) stuff for a modern wood, spicy men's fragrance is ready. Only he does not grab it. He applies Nivea cream to his hands and first makes notes describing the safety regulations to be observed when using the tool This young man is not interested in the handling of the tool, but in the ideas how to handle it, if one would take it to hand. The spicy note of nutmeg and also a touch of wood are in the air. But what was the top note again? The scent of Nivea hand cream gets in the way of his memory and hides the memories of something he had in mind a moment ago. He should change my hand cream. No, he doesn't think it was. Hang on. He's just getting out his notepads. It's gotta be written down. Ah, yes. Wood and nutmeg. But it must be written down. It mustn't be offensive. No one should feel too challenged or addressed. You have to play it safe today. Even with perfume. Social correctness. So it says in the slightly untidy sorted notes
I wake up from a dream. I don't feel strange but I also feel slightly fake. And why does it smell like Nivea?

MfG
TheOrange78

Mouth watering....
This fragrance definitely opens a little sharp and within seconds starts rounding out. It’s soft and spicy with cardamom and nutmeg at the top. Soon the cedar, ebony wood and vetiver anchor the fragrance. It’s an elegant fragrance that can be worn all year round. Like this one! When it dries down it becomes "juicy". My mouth actually starts watering... totally weird.

Gentlemen's secret weapon
First spray was instant love. Feels like getting dressed for an ocasion, but not wearing a suit but something very comfortable, like a cashmere sweather. This scent to me is deep and misterious, and I don't find this sort composition being offered often by designer fragrances that address to an urban lifestyle. It has something wild but very well adapted to the big city life. So many people say it resembles Cartier's Declaration and it does. But I never think of it that way. Its so warm, so spicy and alluring, I couldn't ever confound them. Lovely to say the least, one of my favourite scents from a designer house.

A warm and cosy scent
I'm a Narciso fan. This was the first Narciso I bought - I have since purchased the other three. In fact, I would like to have most of the women's releases if not for the price and especially the fact that they are so very feminine.

There are lots of comparisons between this and Terre d'Hermès and/or Cartier Declaration. I won't delve into that; I find that this is very much its own perfume independently of similar notes or accords and disagree with statements that this is a copy of either of those fragrances.

Bleu Noir EdT opens strong and spicy with the cardamom and nutmeg (although my untrained nose cannot distinguish the nutmeg). Wrapping the spices is a warm and cosy musk that makes everything very soft and plush. If you dig your nose into it you can distinguish something else lurking in the background - woods (and vetiver maybe).

As it dries down, the spices start fading away, and after two hours the scent has mostly settled down to a very classy and distinct woodsy and musky fragrance with hints of the spices. At first what I loved the most was the opening, but with repeated wearings I started liking the dry down more and more.

Performance is not too shabby. Strong opening with fairly good projection and sillage in the first couple of hours. It then starts getting closer to the skin but lasts about 6-8h in total with a nice scent bubble and even a while longer as a skin scent.

This and its younger brother Bleu Noir EdP have not gotten much love from the community, but I adore them and am very happy to have them in my collection.

Almost amazing
To me this flanker is the distant cousin of the original For Him and For Him intense, there are some similarities and you can certainly see they share the DNA but Bleu Noir comes with a twist. To me this is a more complex version with a richer note break down that makes it very interesting and a gorgeous scent however the performance is bad, so bad.

Fell in love with this fragrance so it's painful to see the awful performance that cripples the final product otherwise this could've been a great fragrance.
The fresh and spicy Rodrigo
My motto for this fragrance is: Get into the store, spray, buy and get out of the store again. Not many fragrances have been able to go directly to my collection without preliminary information. Even without being able to test the silage, the longevity and further development only approximately subjectively. But with this I was very very very sure and so far not disappointed, because this smell surprises me again and again. Even after more than a year, it always gives new impulses, which even depend on the season or the outside temperature.
I wouldn't say that he had a proper development on his skin after this time. He's on my skin from start to finish with the same main notes. These consist of spices such as nutmeg, freshness of musk and woodiness. Depending on the temperature, however, a further note is added, which then also permanently adheres to the skin. In the winter I have a seaweed-like saltiness, which one doesn't expect and combines well with the other notes. Even if this fragrance is certainly not the typical "all weather Scent", I like to test how my collection changes at different temperatures.

In the end, I would buy the perfume again without hesitation, because it is easy to wear and for me personally it was a discovery that you can simply treat yourself to. Let's go on an adventure.
"A difficult birth..."
... and in two ways: For the second time I have tested FHBN and for the second time it goes back. Somehow with a heavy heart, because it was a hot flirt between me and this fragrance, but - that much is certain now - it will unfortunately not be a love affair.

An EDT that not everyone has, a bottle that is unparalleled, a fragrance experience that truly occupies a niche. And my sympathy for musk, coupled with my rejection of overly gourmand and leathery scents. The conditions seemed ideal for a hot night in a dark, dim club. I'm already a bit "over it", the shirt collar is wide open, the bass is romping, all the guests are sweaty. I lean against the counter and perceive something like a dark freshness that only suits this night, a sultry room climate that carries a hint of "decay" in it.

From there: everything done right, Mr Rodriguez! But I am in such a situation too rarely and already on my way home I sniff at myself again in clear, cool air. Suddenly it doesn't want to fit anymore. I won't have sex anymore, I'm already thinking about the To Do's of the next day, feel a bit "ramshackle" and FHBN seems like a sweaty piece of clothing, which I want to take off immediately.

Now all this may seem a bit excessive, but that's exactly what I associate with FHBN. When I was looking for an EDT for just such occasions, this fragrance was at the top of my favourites' league. For some party night owls of younger birth dates he would probably still not be "horny" and "sexy" enough, but I'm out of age. After a top note that is intrusively sweet for me, after about a quarter of an hour a "heavy freshness" appears, if there is such a thing. I don't know where it comes from... I would have expected a citric fragrance component, which is obviously not present.

Anyway, in a nutshell, FHBN is a seductive bride for me, with whom I like to dare a dance, but which is solely due to the situation. Looking at it by day, I realize that we have little in common except that nocturnal memory that unites us. So it won't work out for us. I will not introduce you to my friends and colleagues... and before I call you twice a year and ask your forgiveness for neglecting you for so long, I'd rather not! ;-)

Tribute to J.C. Ellena
From Narciso Rodriguez house I expect something bold. Unfortunately Bleu Noir is a just another contemporary cross between Cartier Declaration (cardamom) and Terre d'Hermes (vetiver and lots of Iso E Super). Developing to the base Iso E Super becomes more and more pronounced.
Just another standard delivery, nothing's new here. Already smelt.

Cartier Declaration's & Terre D'Hermes little baby
Mix of Terre D'Hermes and Cartier Decleration, Nothing extraordinary here. Period.
You can get one out of the three and I'd recommend Terre D'Hermes EDT.

CatarinaCatarina 1 year ago
One of the manliest fragrances I have ever smelled!
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
Lovely scent, a new direction in the For Him family but still has the DNA, like a cousin. Such a shame the performance is so poor
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
An MMM - Musky Manly Masterpiece! It seemed to be a fragrance that only I would like. Instead it's a powerful ladies compliment getter.
GuapoGuapo 4 years ago
An unabashed clone of Terre d'Hermes Edt.

by TomDuft
by TomDuft
...blue so dark it appears black.
by Spiff
...blue so dark it appears black.
by OvidiuH
by OvidiuH
by DarkWinterCS
by DarkWinterCS

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Him (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez