For HimFor Him Musc Collection 2009 Eau de Parfum

For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez
For Him (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-animal. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Iris, Musk, Pink pepper

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.03.2021.

Farneon
Love-hate ... otherwise: let it work!
My goodness, I had made a bad mistake and packed my review of the EDP under the EDT! ;-) And I had already wondered whether all the asphalt associations ... although I can not say whether these are also justified in the EDT.

Yes, I am a musk fan, which is mainly due to the memory of two ex-girlfriends who almost never wore anything else, without paying attention to any brand 15-20 years ago. I didn't find their scent to be either sweaty-animalic or bowtie-fine-powdery, which are the common musk associations. Maybe it was something in between, but probably due to another ingredient that is rarely used in men's fragrances. Not for nothing, musk is also used as mainly as a fixative and base note.

The perfect for me men's musk I have not yet found. The much more expensive Etro Musk comes fresher, but less sensual and too close to the skin. The much cheaper Jovan Black Musk has, after the bad top note has flown by, but clearly more spice.

"Narciso Rodriguez for him" (NRFH) falls of course therefore already in the eye, because the brand has dedicated itself to the theme of musk completely. And then Francis Kurkdjian comes as one of the probably world's most famous perfumers. And then this fragrance also consists of only three notes, which has made me additionally curious.

But even with "Bleu Noir" connected me after two extensive tests something like a love-hate relationship. Maybe I should try the still a third time!? ;-) But now I have NRFH as EDP (got it) in this wonderful bottle and it's kind of the same again. After spraying on, I have to wait a (un)neat half hour until the power of this fragrance reveals itself to me.

I find it difficult to describe what actually makes animal scents, but presumably these "smell" a bit of sweat, a bit of sex, a bit of worn underwear!? So I have to get used to NRFH anew every time (or I might as well not), but after said initial period has passed, I'm only too happy to sniff around! ;-)

Sprayed on in the evening, this fragrance is even the next morning still clearly noticeable, as if he had melted into me in the meantime. The initial severity has then given way to a balsamic sense of well-being. A hint of powder of iris has joined in, but even the gentle pink pepper is still there. The rest is ... probably musk, in whatever manifestation (is, fortunately, long since a synthetically produced fragrance)!

All in all: Love it, change it or leave it! ;-)
MickeyRourke
My discovery of the Narciso Rodriguez...
It was quite a few years ago when the employee of the local perfumery sprayed Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc Collection on the paper strip. What reminded me in the first seconds of an almost pungent overdosed scent of father, uncle and from my point of view such aged gentlemen, changed after a spray on my wrist quickly into the wonderful combination of musk, iris, pepper and who knows what else for nuances that immediately drew me under their spell. Fresh, spicy, lightly floral, a slight sweetness and then that musk, an unmistakable Narciso trademark, as I would note at some point later. I don't even remember exactly why this of all fragrances was recommended to me, as I don't recall asking for a masculine-animalic scent. Or maybe it was just luck, because the scent was just new on the shelves and recommending it was part of the lady's usual trade. Or maybe she was just really good at her craft and looked at what I needed ;-) Anyway, I felt like a great explorer who has just discovered a new continent and is looking forward to getting to know all the unknown that is waiting for him. For days, maybe even weeks, I looked forward to wearing it in the morning or again in the evening. Always finding a reason to go back to the bottle and take a spray. Was I addicted? Maybe, thank goodness but no reason to go to the anonymous spray addicts.
Of course, such behavior also applies to other fragrances that just blow you away in a positive sense. But are we now times, we are discoverers.

A Fantabulous Floral Dusty Musk
We cannot forget the scent of musk. It is a damp, earthy, and good smell that permeates the nostrils and the memory, the aroma of mystery. With strong persistence, raw material with an unusual odor, with hints of undergrowth, evoke the earth, wood, damp leaves, and autumn walks. Even though all of humanity knows the name of musk, nowadays, few people have had the privilege of smelling it. It was the scent of kings and emperors, and the mere mortal could only smell it in the wake of the mighty of the earth. Its reputation as a powerful aphrodisiac is because of the very animal and almost corporal smell that gives the wearer an enormous charge of physical attraction. Better than fantastic and better than fabulous, it creates an orgasmic aura of happiness. There are two types of musk in perfumery: the animal one and the vegetable one. If you are like me, you cannot avoid associating the smell of animal musk with the bush's scent, the natural smell of the human pubis. That sensual smell is close to the mushroom's earthiness. It has nothing to do with the synthetic white musk created in the laboratory that is reminiscent of clean, blackberry, and fresh laundry.

I accidentally ordered this by mistake. I thought I ordered the EDT version. Damnation. I went ahead, opened it, and sprayed it off. It was an instant attraction; I like heavy floral scents. I like Iris, and this is an Iris bomb at the start of the explosions. Clean, soapy, musky. Pure elegance. It's so good. Musk plays a fundamental role in Narciso Rodriguez for Him and evokes the idea of wool in grey and earth tones. It's a fragrance built on musk and iris root, creating a soft greyness that is intimate, and unlike many masculine fragrances, it isn't afraid to embrace femininity. It's an earthy, grainy musk with hints of spicy pink peppercorn and mushrooms. There is a hint of the original about the fragrance on my skin, so I assume the pyramid of notes is misleading and reductive. It opens with a honeyed floral accord. The first spray is a smooth, healthy musky green iris with a noticeable dash of pepper. The pink spice adds a sweet aroma to the concoction. It is very thin and well done. It's such a distinctive smell that it cannot be confused with other peppers, namely white, green and black. The initial phase lasts quite a few minutes, and it is not like the citrus Hesperides that vanish in a while.

Its heart comes with the gentle, musky, and powdery accord. Soothing musk blended with orris wrap my body as a tender puff of talcum after a relaxing bath. The way the perfumer uses the iris here is dramatic and sensual. I do not find a lipstick vibe, as in Dior Homme, instead of something wetter and leafy, as if violet leaves were there, either, but not the combatants of perfumes like Grey Flannel, rather full of a sappy vibrancy and sweet. I'm not sure why violet leaves aren't listed in the pyramid of notes, because for me, this is an incredibly smooth and straightforward fragrance that showcases a greyish floral violet note mixed with and backed by powerful animal musk. The middle stage is very flowery and may cause some to reject it too soon. Wait for the tour because once it melts around half an hour later, it becomes a musk demon.

The dry down results in a tactile, woody, and earthy accord. Oh, what a joyful and elegant musky thing this is. That sweet and perfectly matching musk blends perfectly with a soft woody powder that sings the choir's voices. It softens a lot as it dries and gets a little warmer and more floral and not as edgy, but keeps the base green and earthy. The longer it dries, the better it gets. The green and super dry earthiness fades more and more and leaves mostly the slightly powdery floral notes. It is still greenish but not as dry as a bone, not as earthy, and much softer than in the opening.
Intense is the more formal version of the classic For Him, and it has a very seductive scent on my nose. It's warm, hugs the wearer, encourages terrible thoughts, isn't overbearing at all, and is incredibly polished—a manly smelling EDP. The smell starts relatively healthy, as YSL Kouros does, but then settles into a pleasantly fresh and clean fragrance. It could be the perfect suit and tie for the well-dressed metrosexual. The perfume is a beautiful cologne of class next to the skin. People will smell you, but you won't shock them. The original, which smells like wet asphalt, is much more impressive in terms of performance. However, this fragrance smells very good and is more bitter than sweet, in my opinion.

To sum up, what a musky bomb indeed, I think this perfume by Narciso Rodriguez is an excellent EDP. It is brighter, more transparent, smoother, and more lively than the EDT, which I am very fond of. An intense essence, very seductive, which incites, but does not provoke, with a very virile tone. Very dry, almost to the point of being a bit sharp. It looks quite green and almost earthy, and even a bit moldy. Its scent envelops you like a warm blanket. It's often heard when spreading from the chest to the nose, but it also has a subtle quality that doesn't offend from a distance. It suits the cold days and nights of winter. However, on a foggy spring morning, you feel encouraging without using Hesperides.

-Elysium

Sweet Musk
I have the EDT which is beautiful all by itself. Smells so unique. The EDP is like wearing a completely different fragrance. I mean both definitely have the Narciso Rodriguez DNA, but very different. I like both of them, and they are on my top 20 fragrance list. The EDP is more cloying (but not in a bad way), and smells more luxurious. Both of them (because of the musk), dry-down sweet. Love it!
The Arabian Nights
Hello dear friends,

now that I have worn this fragrance for a while and have only written a statement, I want to make a comment after all.

For me personally, fragrances generally have a lot to do with memories. It's no different with the Narciso Rodriguez For Him EdP, because when I ordered it blind and held my nose to the spray head for the first time after spraying, I immediately had certain associations... You want to know them? Well then read them yourself...

During my childhood and youth I regularly spent the summer holidays in the home country of my parents (Middle East). We were always away for a full 5 weeks, enjoying the warm weather and delicious food... :)
Beside the usual beach holiday, the obligatory family visit was also on the agenda :/
(Oh God, but that was mostly boring...).
But if both parents have 8 siblings each and all of them have several children, then there will be some relatives who have to be visited and also want to be visited, as you can surely imagine... ;)

So when I held the bottle in my hand and smelled it, my brain immediately signaled, "Stop! Stop! Fuck!" [...] I closed my eyes, put my nose to the spray head again and spoke to myself: "Boy, that smell... You know it!" [...] I knew right away how and why I found it so beautiful and I love it now...

Whenever my relatives visited me at that time, I was greeted by warm hugs, kisses on the cheeks etc. [...]
I remembered how the female relatives of mine, in this case my aunts, always dressed up and made up, left a cloud of scent in the rooms, which, for whatever reason and even today, always reminded me of 1001 nights...

It was then once again one of those evenings. As usual, we sat at the table with several people, ate, drank, laughed and just had a good time (at least the adults... as a child I often found it boring...). But this time an aunt was late and I held the door open for her. Already in the hallway you could see her Sillage... She came towards me, I closed my eyes for a moment... "Mmm..." [...]. When she squeezed me, I didn't want to let go of her.. I sat down with my mother again and whispered softly in her ear: "Mom, why do my aunts always smell so beautiful?" Her casual reply, "Yes, my son, they are my sisters too." XD And the following wink I still have in mind today after almost 25 years (!)...
I have no idea what scent she was wearing at the time, but this NR For Him EdP always brings back memories of the summer holidays and reminds me of my aunts...

This fragrance here apparently consists of only 3 notes, but it must be this musk, which my aunts liked to wear so much back then... ...and I really liked it When I was little, I said to my aunt, who came out later, "When I grow up, I want to smell like you!" I had never heard her laugh so loud before and I never heard her laugh again afterwards...

Back to the fragrance itself: The iris and the pink pepper are rather discreet in this brilliant fragrance, the pepper is strongly present at the opening, later it fades into the background and the musk plays the leading role with the fine iris and makes the whole character.

I haven't been around long and still have a lot of scents to try, but I already know that I like the notes musk, iris and pepper in particular and that they are one of my favourites... You could almost think that Francis Kurkdjian made this one just for me... :D (LOL... I wish...).

Conclusion:
Especially at this time of the year (spring/summer) it is excellent to use, both during the day and in the evening. Also in autumn you can wear the super.
I also think that it can be called unisex (Yes, I like unisex scents, I'm noticing more and more...) But from especially women I have already received many compliments for the... :)
And there may be some who find it perhaps too boring because of the straightforwardness and the few developments in the fragrance process, but mMn is just this restraint in the composition of the fragrances the special thing here. Sometimes less is more... And thank god, as we all know, tastes are different... ;)
I'm so glad I bumped into him, though. And if I had to choose a total of only 5 fragrances for the rest of my life...
Oh you beauty, you are definitely in!
[...]
So people, I hope you enjoyed reading this post. As always I would like to thank everyone for reading it and wish you all something!

See you soon...

Your Salva
Telenik
... ...and in your head it goes "click."
Musk. Musk does to me exactly what it's supposed to do. It brings out the tiger in me. The ladies pendant was worn by a friend for a long time, which often made me doubt my good upbringing. When she came into the room and wore this scent, my animal side was awakened each time and I literally wanted to bite her neck. Don't worry - I could control myself until today.
So taken with the scent, I tried "for him" and was not disappointed. It is not wearable for everyone - not by a long shot. You need that animal side to it. Biker boots and beard fit much better than sailing shoes or office outfit.

You get noticed and the ladies notice it.
Some people certainly dislike this fragrance all along the line, but in drydown it becomes so unobtrusive and charming that it can certainly lead to some nice evenings...
Beauty and the Beast - not for everyone
Narcisos "For Him" from the Musk-Edition was a blind buy for me, who added a musk fragrance to my collection. For years - and long before the discovery of perfume - my only fragrance was "White Musk" from Body Shop. The clean, feel-good aura that the musk weaves around its wearer has made me a faithful wearer of this simple but well-composed fragrance. When I went deeper into the matter of fragrances, "White Musk" wandered all the way back into my fragrance shelf, it was too flat for me now, too little complex in its course and most of all I was disturbed by the volatility of this fragrance. More body spray than eau de toilette, the durability of my former signature scent seemed ridiculous to me in the meantime. If I had to personify "White Musk", he would be a white dressed beauty, without corners and edges. A rather fleeting acquaintance, for a longer intensive acquaintance he is simply too little down-to-earth.
As the collection continued to grow and fresh, sweet, oriental and spicy fragrances were added, the purple bottle remained in the back corner of the display case. Only from time to time after a shower was he allowed to unfold his feel-good aura for the duration of 20 minutes. One evening, when the fragrance had disappeared all too quickly, I set out to look for a musk fragrance that proved to be more persistent.
I quickly ended up with Narciso Rodriguez, whose unmistakable handwriting shows that the men's and women's fragrance collections use musk as the basic substance. So far I had only been able to try the "For Him Bleu Noir" edition and some of the women's fragrances, I had probably overlooked the "For Him Musk Collection" so far. The forum here didn't reflect too many and also rather split opinions yet.
After I discovered Francis Kurkdjian as the perfumer behind the fragrance, my interest was fully aroused. Unlike his early creations (Le Male), he often uses only a few, but very exquisite flavours in his own brand's fragrances. True to the motto "less is more", in my opinion absolute masterpieces are created in this way. The reduced number of ingredients does not result in less complex fragrances, but rather in a particularly harmonious development of the fragrance process - from spraying on and initial contact with the top note throughout the entire drydown. Kurkdjian knows like no other how to hide the alcoholic basis of every perfume.

In the case of "For Him" the first contact with my blind buy was frightening. While I had only been used to a sparkling clean, warm-sweet musk note so far, the new bottle confronted me with an impetuous, stirring and at first truly irritating fragrance experience. I lacked the words to even describe what I had just smelt. I read the three ingredients again: Musk, red berries, iris. Iris I had learned to love in all variations with Dior Homme at the latest. Until today I can't even guess the iris in "For Him".
Musk, originally a sexual attractant of the musk animal, which is now exclusively synthesized, exudes an either sweet or animal note. And that is exactly what distinguishes "For Him" - it makes the man an animal, so to speak. The fragrance starts already in the top note with a fragrance nuance that I had never smelled before and that irritated and deterred me massively during the first times. I wanted to set the scent in the souk as a bad buy, so the fascination of this masterpiece opened up for me.
"For Him" gives its wearer a scenttaura that makes him a beast. He awakens the animal in the man - not in an obscene, barbaric or even coarse way, but in a noble way. "For Him" smells like Kurkdjian usual very high-quality, has a reasonable shelf life of six to eight hours, in the first two also with acceptable Sillage.
The title already expresses the warning that comes from my first impressions. I would always try this fragrance several times in advance, because I can imagine that it hits many people in the head. The animal note, which can hardly be described with scents and yet seems so inconceivably attractive to me, could also cause repulsion. I would most likely compare "For Him" with the smell when you come from sport satisfied and sweaty without the lactic acid bacteria doing their thankless job. In addition, there are overripe red forest berries, which give the fragrance a dark, warm depth and make it sensual. They also take the sweat note (not meant to be negative) of the sharpness, round it off and turn the wearer into a tameable beast.
If I were to personify "For Him Musk", I would see a muscular, bison-headed Minotaur in front of me, who is preparing to perform courtship display in a clearing in the woods. A being as crazy, fascinating and at the same time mystical as Krukdjian's composition.
This fragrance is still both a fascination and a mystery for me. The difficulty of putting the fragrance into words is made clear by the long prologue. My final conclusion is: absolutely test - frighten violently - be enchanted. If after ten attempts the spark has not ignited - hands off.
Let him wake the "cattle" in you! Become a beast!

Golcher
For Him, for me, for you
This was an unexpected surprise. My first contact with For Him was at a Department store where while browsing through fragrances the girl helping me suggested Narciso Rodriguez, she sprayed the EDT version and I fell in love with the scent. I couldn't get it out of my head for a couple of weeks so whike xmas shopping I found the EDP and bought it blindly and have no regrets.

Narciso's For Him is nice change of pace from all those vanilla and tonka bean heavy fragrances flooding the industry so having it in your collection is a welcome contrast. 10 in Uniquenes

Btw, can someone tell me how different is the EDT to the EDP?
Antibrumm. Floral Edition.
After the fabulous Bleu Noir, I thought I'd treat myself to another Rodriguez and because of the good reviews I ordered it blind. Just because I can. And because Francis Kurkdjian is not the worst of all perfumers now. And because I'm into musk scents.

So I unpack, enjoy the beautiful bottle and spray first into the crook of my arm. The first WTF moment. But not positive. What's that? What's that? Antibrumm? If I were a mosquito, I'd have fallen dead from the sky.

So for now I fall back on the facts. But I don't throw the shotgun into the grain or the lily into the compost yet.

And indeed - the scent changes after the obligatory hour. Becomes massively softer, more powdery, the musk fights its way past the lilies/iris offensive and lends the perfume the longed-for masculinity.

The Narciso scent starts to please me - the flowery note remains quite dominant - but maybe this gives the musk the balance it needs to not drift into the musk standard mush.

Let's see if he can give me back the confidence that I've gained - so far I'm not quite sure yet.

Carlitos01
Narciso's Eau de Parfum For Him - you "musc" try it!
This perfume is a sculpture carved in a rock named musc (Musk ). You must try this scent at least once. Narciso Rodriguez loves musc scents and preaferably with a good dose of sensuality. Master Chef François Kurkdjian cooked it almost to perfection for us to enjoy.
I must reconize that this fragrance is quite simple, very linear and kind of let me identify only the notes of musc and iris. I do detect a faint sweetness probably due to the listed red berries third note.
"For Him" is sexy and manly, a real head turner due to its scent (a good intense musc does wonders) and uniqueness. I don't have a clue why some reviewers claim it to be rather feminin. A feeling of "what's that" lingers in the air around any For Him wearer. Strange enough is the fact that this scent does remind me a lot of another gem but a complex one, with more than two douzains of different notes. I am speaking about Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme helas also a not so well known fragrance but an absolute manly fragrance and an icon of the perfume industry. VCA Pour Homme has a faint note of musc, no iris, no red berries and lots od wood, leather, patchouli and different types of grass.
I suspect that probably For Him uses more notes than those listed for this fragrance. There is a pleasant fougére background and in my opinion it doesn't seem possible to be originated by the minimalistic unveiled three notes. Narciso Rodriguez claims this fragrance to be a "fougére musquée boisé". It is really a musc landmark, but other notes are needed for it to be so woody and grassy as it seems to be.
It also give us an above average performance as a bonus. Longevity and sillage are a bit inferior than the "For Him" EDT performance, but it is a lot bigger than in other sexy scents like "La Nuit" or "Dylan".

We must look at this fragrance math to better understand it:
____________________________________
Scent Opening: 8.5 (my judgement)
Scent Dry Down: 8.5 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.5 (8 hours+ with two sprays)
Sillage: 7.5 (more than 6 feet at its peak with 2 sprays)
Uniqueness: 10.0 (the similarity I claim it to have with VCA Pour Homme, does not count :-)
Compliments: 7.0 (not a serious compliment grabber although it's a head turner because it arouses curiosity)
Wearability: 9.5 (Use it day or night during all seasons except in hot summer days)
Versatility: 8.0 (You may use it in almost any event, although some perfumes are more adequate for specific situations. Avoid using it in the beach, in sunny events and workout.)
Quality: 9.5 (my judgement)
Presentation: 9.0 (elegant, classy, efective and simple)
Price: 7.0 (100 ml non tester for 44 Euros + shipping)
____________________________________
Overall rating: 8.45/10.00
- between 7 and 8 =above average;
- between 8 and 9 = recomended;
- bigger than 9 = don't miss it;

I recommend this fragrance; "Musc" I say more?

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 7 months ago
A rather linear, clean and soapy, yet gently warm animalic spicy-floral Mid season fragrance, balanced by a bright spicy opening. Unisex!
AspvlAspvl 9 months ago
Plesantly clean. I detect quite a bit of jasmine-like white florals, which blend extremely nicely with the musk. Very elegant!
GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
A welcome change of pace from all those vanilla and tonka bean heavy fragrances, having it provides a nice contrast in your collection
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Narciso Rodriguez For Him is sexy and manly, a real head turner due to its scent and uniqueness; a good intense musc does wonders.

by Fedaie
by Spiff
by Alinamaria
by Alinamaria

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Toilette Florale) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez