For Him (2007)Eau de Toilette

For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez

For Him (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Pink pepper, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.12.2019.

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Delicate Violence
This must be one of the most original scents I ever encountered. Little do I know about notes, but boy this one is intriguing to say the least. It makes me feel and think about cold and warmth at the same time. Probably the violets give it that cold breeze and the musk fights back to cut the chills out of it. The violet musk combo must be the author of this strange metallic accord that somehow reminds me of a brutal accident and almost tasting the blood after fallin into your face. I know it sounds weird but it portraits a violent picture in my mind I cannot easily escape of. I still think it's original and I love it's smells but at times makes me feel depressed, lonely and unapprochable. It has such a paradoxal beauty, I cannot completely understand this scent yet. Hope in the future to be wearing it often so it can change my perspective on it.
8.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

For musk lovers....
Narciso Rodriguez For Him ... is an unmistakable musk fragrance for men, a good companion at this time of year. If you like Dior "Fahrenheit" or YSL "L'Homme Libre" or are looking for a timeless, pure musk scent then this could be for you too.
Its bottle is contemporary and simple, simply beautiful.
As for the fragrance, I can say that it is a bit intense at first, but then it becomes a very pure, fine, seductive fragrance. Top note is floral, but not too feminine, but also not masculine. Tap on lavender or violet. Pleasant and unisex. I couldn't identify the heart note at first until I noticed it: musk! But a very fine and unobtrusive, but also very sensual variation. Wonderful, and here again a very strong unisex touch is noticeable. Could wear women. The base note is still the most complex. Somewhat mossy, a little patchouli, as well as subtle woody notes. I could only imagine herbaceous things. Discreet floral notes are also present here again. A modern men's perfume with Unisextouch.
For Him gives you a focus and it is definitely a versatile fragrance that I have come to love.
According to the statements, this fragrance smells a bit like wet concrete, so it is often recommended to wear it when it rains. Just give it a try. It really does...
8.0 9.0 9.0 8.5/10

so urban
i can't find him right now. For me it's a mixture of Grey Flannell + Jaguar for men + Calone (or cucumber) + even more cold violets and even more musk. Previous fragrances are in my opinion rather associated with nature/herbaceousness. I think it's just the grey, minimalist bottle, but it's good. If you had put it in a Creed-like container and painted a castle on it, you would have associated it with Scotland and cold castles or something. But the eye smells with and to smells belongs also so incredibly much subjective imagination and that is also good so. But he has something and he attracts women - I think it's the cucumber factor .. does that sound vulgar now ? I once read somewhere that this Calone (melon or cucumber) or the smell of green cucumbers should turn on women, well then nothing like applied. Nah, I still don't, because I'm too tired of this stuff. I think he wears himself like an additional leather jacket or at least sweater, not so heavy but so thick and that's why he was out with me personally. But I must admit without envy, he has style, charisma and also something special and in a good-looking young man he certainly does very well. I guess I can do the first one with good lighting, the second one... let's leave it. Let younger ones carry it in
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Concrete Rain
Similarly to Chanel Egoiste it was hard for me to wear this fragrance, now I got it under my skin. A beautiful, virile fragrance in masculine dark grey concrete-like bottle. There is no ambiguity here. Like dad's shoe box with polishing creams. Sharp and green opening of patchouli and violet leaf with some flowery shadow underneath. Dense amber and super masculine musk give some sweet and soapy accord. Very classic, rainy and moist, but there is something kinky hidden between the lines.

Rating: 8/10
9.0 8.0 8.0 8.5/10

Carlitos01
Burned rubber and wet tarmac scent (not only) for motor racing fans
This is a strange and unique fragrance.
The opening is odd ... smells like a motor racing track under shallow rain with a vibe of burned tire rubber on the wet tarmac. It's deep, mysterious, a bit smoky, a bit dark and very sexy. It attracts a lot of the opposite sex attention due to its uniqueness.
The dry down is one of the best musky dry downs I have ever experienced.
Very manly perfume.
Lumberjacks and fire fighters must use this fragrance all the time.

Let us see what the maths tell us about this intense EDT:
Scent opening: 7.5 (my judgement)
Scent dry down: 10.0 (my judgement)
Longevity: 8.5 (above average for the existing notes but not beasty)
Sillage: 8.5 (same as longevity)
Uniqueness: 10.0 (due to the burned rubber scent, it remembers me of Encre Noir but without being similar to it)
Wearability: 7.5 (Winter, Autumn, Night)
Versatility: 7.5 (yes to socializing, events, formal encounters, night out, restaurants...)
Quality: 10.0 (my judgement)
Presentation: 9.0 (simple but elegant and effective; very good sprayer)
Price: 7.5 (100 ml tester for 36 Euros + VAT)

Overall rating for this fragrance: 8.60/10.00
I do recommend it.
10.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Mysterious Masterpiece
A mysterious perfume with an strange scent which is seducing. First of all it opens with flowery scent. I suppose it is violet mixed with lavender and patchouli.That's why the opening seems to be a bit peppery. Then it dries down to musk scent which is combined meticulously with violet and patchouli in the middle note.It just takes less than 1 hour to get to the middle note and then it lasts more than 6 hours and after that the projection decreases significantly within 3 hours when the base note appears. Whit no debt the base note is Musk.
The Longevity is great. About the silage I suppose it is heavy (It radiates more than arm length) for the first 3 hours and then it diminish to arm length.
It as absolutely a masculine fragrance for both young and old folks. I like to wear it in cold weather, especially in the evening and at night. It is a perfume for all occasion except doing sport.
Well, I think It's really worth to buy. I have one and I really like it. Thumbs up:)

Suburban freak
Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a mainstream gem, and an unnecessary evidence of how Francis Kurkdjian works so better on commission (who’s the least fan of his own “cheap-luxury” brand? Me). Anyway: the opening is fantastic and unmistakable, a leafy, dark, astringent “greenish wet concrete” which smells of pungent humid darkness – a moldy, harsh, filthy kind of urban darkness, with a genius hint of dry lipstick. Despite it is a designer scent aimed (one may guess) at a broad audience, it delivers an incredibly gloomy and funereal mood, really fascinating and terribly well executed: a gothic, crunchy, really bitter violet leaves note on dark, dry patchouli and an aloof, musky “grey concrete” note. Pure poison for a quite simple composition which however is iconic and really unique, smelling like lipstick, dead leaves, vitriol, wet streets. A “post-modern” world which makes you think of those alienating metropolitan areas just at the very borders of the suburbs, where abandoned warehouses meet abandoned woods – you’re not yet into “pure nature”, but out of civilization already. Narciso smells of all of that. Which makes it surprisingly “niche” (I said that in a positive meaning for once), far more than all the dozens of depressing, uninspired overpriced bullshit which make their way to niche price tags. Not a crowpleaser for sure, but safe enough somehow; it is dark but terribly refined and sophisticated. It makes a “statement” so it’s definitely one to try before buying; but I wouldn’t really consider this daring or weird. It’s perfectly compelling, just a bit dark with a sprinkle of freakness. The only flaw I would mention would be maybe its objective quality, meaning that in my opinion the materials here aren’t exactly top notch – especially on the drydown, which is quite linear, a bit cheap, and maybe boring after some hours. But who cares for once – this is evocative, even its “cheapness” may have a creative role here, as in fact we’re talking about concrete and dead leaves – nothing fancy and nothing luxurious. A real gem, if it was discontinued it would be praised like a holy grail.

8/10

Dreamy stuff...
This is such a dark, complex smell yet so pleasing! There's something about it which is quite intriguing on an olfactory level. I like it a lot!

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a primarily a violet leaf and musk fragrance. It's not an unusual combination, and the aim of this fragrance was to pay truibute to the fougère masculine fragrances of the 1980's (for me this one reminds me of Dior Fahrenheit, especially the use of violet leaf).

However, this is not one that smells old or "dated" in any way, it smells very modern, and almost contemplative and serious. You can tell that this is a fragrance for a "serious" person, maybe even a "thinking", quietly reflective or confidant person. It has that impression for me.

Imagine the smell of cold rain near the forest... there is damp patchouli representing the undergrowth, wet violet (also little sweet from the amber), and clean, cold air from the white musk. It's also totally wearable, I think I would describe this most as a "contemplative" fragrance. A "thinking" one. But again it's still totally wearable. One to try for sure...
5.0 5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Sombre and Elegant
Very much like an up to date, more refined version of One Man Show. Like the Jacques Bogart creation it's a very cold, very industrial fragrance and the grey box and bottle suit it perfectly. Not a scent that I'd imagine would be a big complement getter, but it does have a certain distant and aloof charm to it. Doesn't quite do enough for me to give it a thumbs up, but if you're looking for a fragrance that's a bit different and slightly out of the ordinary then you can definitely do worse.

For Him Narciso Rodriguez
I should hate this. I really should. At first sniff I actually did hate it. I thought.....ewwwwww.....this smells stale! However, I should never judge a fragrance from only one wearing. A funny thing happened after I tried it for the first time. Even though I thought I hated it, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I decided to give it another try and "voila," I fell in love with it. It's so different and unique. I wear it when I'm feeling moody as this scent is anything but "cheerful." What I love about it is it doesn't try to be something it's not. It knows its place is in the darkest of dwellings and it delights in its brooding self being there. Not every scent can or wants to be rainbows, sunshine and kittens. Some want to be dark, cloudy and disturbed like this fragrance manages to be. Like the loner in high school that nobody can get close to, but once you do, you realize how brilliant he is and you wonder why you didn't try to be friends sooner. It pulls you closer while pushing you away at the same time. This scent won't be for everyone but for those of you with a dark and mysterious side, you may want to give this one a try. Earthy and wonderful!
5.0 5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Good musk based scent
I smell dry patchouli and violet on a light amber and musk base.

Maybe not please everyone but for me it's smells good and very different.

Most suitable for colder months.

Updated January 2014
7.5 5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Weird Wet Cement...
Wow, Narciso Rodriguez for Him is a weird scent to be sure. I definitely get the wet concrete accord others have frequently mentioned. It is fresh, but dry and completely cold at the same time. I really have never smelled a scent really like this, with the closest being White Sea by Micallef, and that is really more like wet clay, not concrete. NR for Him is unique, but not really my kind of scent. I give NR for Him a weak thumbs up for originality, but I think I will stick with the far superior White Sea that is much more wearable, IMO. 3 stars out of 5.
7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Dirty musk for naughty men
I really adore the scent of musk. It's such an interesting aroma, both clean and animalistic. Unfortunately I am asnomic, meaning that I often find it difficult to smell certain moments in a fragrance's development, particularly when the musk note is dominant.

Narciso Rodriguez for Him is all about musk, at least in the early stages of the composition. I expected something masculine, fresh and clean, however the musk in this fragrance is surprisingly dirty and vegetal, in a good way.

When I first smelt this fragrance I took a step back, it was very new to me and so raw. I quite like its odd, dirty greeness and heavy musk accords. I think it would lack something if the perfumer, Francis Kurkdjian, had gone for a more pleasant approach.

It's a love it or hate it fragrance, something that men will either adore or feel dirty wearing, (in terms of them assuming that it encourages bad body odour). To my nose, Narciso Rodriguez for Him is animalistic, dry and dirty in a totally positive way. To be honest it's not something I'd probably buy for a loved one, but I wouldn't mind smelling this on a passer-by.

Unfortunately I was unable to smell the cucumber accord, so I won't be labelling this fragrance as anything even remotely refreshing. I did however enjoy the diverse drydown of smoky and smooth amber. It was unfortunate that this fragrance didn't last long enough for me to truly revel in this sudden twist in the composition.

For all musk cravings I still turn to Kiehl's Original Musk with its sexy, animalistic and unisex qualities, but I haven't dismissed Narciso Rodriguez for Him entirely.

HugoMontez 9 months ago
Musk, a touch of patchouly and amber in the background. Excellent Musky fragrance that screams sophistication.+2
Carlitos01 21 months ago
Ayrton Senna used this fragrance on all of his Formula 1 wins in the rain. Glorious wet tarmac scent!+4
Lexa 3 years ago
This is FK's mainstream masterpiece.Smells like fresh spring rain falling on the hot concrete.I love this scent,one of the sexiest I know.
Aclapes 3 years ago
My go-to for rainy days.
Hermesh 3 years ago
Violets and lavender in a dusty musky fog, spicy and slightly smoky, result in a modern, urban and striking fragrance.+3
6.0
Elysium 4 years ago
Oh man! All the times I wear it I feel so wild, naughty and raunchy guy. Maybe, musk and patchouli make that to me... I love it, absolutely!+1

by Scottie
by Spiff
by 123321
by 123321

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Eau by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Rose Musc by Narciso Rodriguez