For Him 2007 Eau de Toilette

For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez
For Him (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Pink pepper, Violet
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.04.2021.

Rainy season in South America
For Him was shown to me by a very good friend who is himself an enthusiastic member of this community. He himself had a sample here "ersoukt" and wanted to have my opinion whether I can perceive the rain in the fragrance that many people describe and even if it sounds eccentric it brought me right up a memory from my childhood.

I was born and raised in South America (at least the first 13 years) and lived in the capital with my mother and siblings during school.
The rainy season was always a personal highlight for me.
For many reasons for one it rained so rarely and it was spectacular as the roads and our area were not meant to be faced with large amounts of rain therefore the roads were flooded and nothing ran.
So why exactly highlight now?
Well I didn't like going to school and didn't find my way around downstairs and was lazy too. And when it rained the streets were so flooded that school was officially cancelled.
And now we come to the memory which was not a specific one but a recurring one because after it stopped raining and the clouds moved on the sun came out in South American fashion and helped the already overtaxed streets and drainage systems get rid of the water.
And indeed, right here is the crux of the matter. The smell of wet concrete secreted by houses, streets or sidewalks is exactly what I think I'm finding here.

So I would like to make a recommendation here the problem is only it would not be objective.

Only one thing I can definitely say this fragrance is probably something for a small part of the community but definitely a nice experience
Thanks for reading my monologue
Schallhoerer
Who dances with the rain
For Him is a divider. And it's a textbook case. I became aware of this fragrance through the perfumer (Francis Kurkdjian), whose works I greatly admire.

The fragrance starts off heavy, musty and animalistic. Already here the fragrance splits the opinions into 2 camps. Some people find it unpleasant, can't like it olfactorically and then there are those who are patient, have a tendency to extremes or prefer the unusual. The latter group will be rewarded with an incredible scent experience at the latest in the drydown. Because For Him really needs time. Time to unfold on the skin, to create its warmth and to let go of its reins.

In previous reviews the word "rain" or wetness was often mentioned here. And this association also comes to mind in For Him. I see reflections of houses on a rainy street before my inner eye. Foggy avenues that seem deserted and where the last ray of sunlight flashed through the cloud cover hours ago. There is still life here. But not on this street. The people are in their apartments. Sitting at the window and looking outside. But they do not want to be out in this weather. But every once in a while you meet a person on this rainy street. A like-minded person. He's probably wearing "For Him" by Narciso Rodriguez.
Pushy Smelly-Heiner
I had bought this fragrance at good luck and without any idea what to expect. Already while applying it, it took my breath away and I still had the hope that it would turn to good. Unfortunately this was not the case. After a little more than 10 minutes I washed it off.
This EDT made me feel like it was trying to crush me. I was uncomfortable from the beginning It smelled musty, which didn't change later, but I could still detect some amber, but musk and patchouli were not visible. Maybe it is the composition (probably).
A very unattractive contemporary that one does not necessarily need.

Rquill67
Very unique and niche quality!
Okay, so this is a freakin' awesome-sauce fragrance. Niche quality. I've read multiple reviews and I don't understand the "wet cement" reference given my wearings? Even though there are only four notes listed, this fragrance has a lot of depth and does change from the opening to the dry-down. It's not linear and has decent projection. This fragrance opens fresh and then dries down and you can smell the musk, and then amber (which gives it the sweetness). The patchouli is there but only slightly in the background. You could wear this fragrance for any season, any event, and to work. This fragrance touches all the bases for me personally, and I'm so glad I purchased this fragrance! 10 / 10!
5.5
DN1982
Do you have a little more time?
You should indeed bring time with you, because the prelude to this fragrance is anything but masculine, not even the pepper tears it out. Wrong bottle? Restlessness is spreading. After a certain time, if you have it, Him suddenly shows himself to be versatile: "No, girl, you're going to queue up at the back, now it's the boys' turn! "But I don't want to!" she bucks and bitching while Amber, Musk and Patchouli hold the girl by the shoulder and push her into the corner. Cheeky as she is, she leans forward every now and then, and if she throws just a few grains of pepper on the boys - until her supply slowly melts away.
Or to put it another way: The middle and base are a classic men's scent - amber and musk. Classic in the sense of spicy aftershave; yes, I'm even inclined to use the nasty word in the mouth that starts with B and ends with arbershop.

For wet asphalt and concrete you have to stretch your imagination quite far. If brown sauce tastes like lavender, pepper and violet, then it is brown sauce - of course not, because otherwise chips would also taste like strawberries or lemons. No! It's a classic men's scent, old school. Old reinterpreted but with old basic DNA and, after the floral aberration at the beginning, a relatively straightforward fragrance.

By the way, I also know the version for the ladies. I like it much better than the men's fragrance, maybe I'll write a comment on it...

Spring rain...
A beautiful strange fragrance and even though very typical of aromatic-fougere type.
Eager to try when I received it, I sprayed 3 shots and was hit instantly by a dark cloud of grey amber, violet leaf, patchouli & musk that almost choked my senses. It's like a dirty oily concrete perimeter that surrounds a violet & patchouli garden under a spring rain and I just love it !.
The spray mechanism is very effective so I would say a max. 3-4 sprays in a normal day to get the whole feeling experience. Ambery, fougere, wet, musky, aromatic, dark, long-lasting...it has them all !. My personal rank 8/10. Recommended. Nice job Mr. Francis Kurkdjian !
Boing, boom, zack, bang!
The fragrance will put "a dent in your clove" at the first spray, to quote Bud Spencer. In the beginning the lavender-pepper mix almost kills you, it really gets you on the 12, almost too hard to bear. Minutes later the peppery fragrance has clearly faded away to the advantage of masculine musk notes. And that's exactly the blend I like! Don't be frightened by the first minutes, after that the thing is the bang: Absolute recommendation to buy!
Chrisis79
Flowery Tiger from the bottle..
Wow...two sprayers...and lavender and violet, accelerated by the pink pepper, literally explode on the skin and unfold your bouquet. A strong floral note, which fades into the background after a few minutes. The pepper also becomes milder. Time for the tiger... the musk unfolds, but really! I think it's great. I can't stop sniffing, it sharpens my senses and I would love to go hunting... somehow this Narciso awakens something animalistic in me :)
I find this creation extremely successful. The musk is present, but is also presented in a correspondingly beautiful way.

Delicate Violence
This must be one of the most original scents I ever encountered. Little do I know about notes, but boy this one is intriguing to say the least. It makes me feel and think about cold and warmth at the same time. Probably the violets give it that cold breeze and the musk fights back to cut the chills out of it. The violet musk combo must be the author of this strange metallic accord that somehow reminds me of a brutal accident and almost tasting the blood after fallin into your face. I know it sounds weird but it portraits a violent picture in my mind I cannot easily escape of. I still think it's original and I love it's smells but at times makes me feel depressed, lonely and unapprochable. It has such a paradoxal beauty, I cannot completely understand this scent yet. Hope in the future to be wearing it often so it can change my perspective on it.
For musk lovers....
Narciso Rodriguez For Him ... is an unmistakable musk fragrance for men, a good companion at this time of year. If you like Dior "Fahrenheit" or YSL "L'Homme Libre" or are looking for a timeless, pure musk scent then this could be for you too.
Its bottle is contemporary and simple, simply beautiful.
As for the fragrance, I can say that it is a bit intense at first, but then it becomes a very pure, fine, seductive fragrance. Top note is floral, but not too feminine, but also not masculine. Tap on lavender or violet. Pleasant and unisex. I couldn't identify the heart note at first until I noticed it: musk! But a very fine and unobtrusive, but also very sensual variation. Wonderful, and here again a very strong unisex touch is noticeable. Could wear women. The base note is still the most complex. Somewhat mossy, a little patchouli, as well as subtle woody notes. I could only imagine herbaceous things. Discreet floral notes are also present here again. A modern men's perfume with Unisextouch.
For Him gives you a focus and it is definitely a versatile fragrance that I have come to love.
According to the statements, this fragrance smells a bit like wet concrete, so it is often recommended to wear it when it rains. Just give it a try. It really does...

CaspikaarCaspikaar 8 days ago
Dreamy musky succesful business man on its way to the top
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 4 months ago
Raining green violets
BielwenassBielwenass 7 months ago
No concrete or rain for me. Just repulsive musk - I really wanted to like it, but it seems that the feeling is not mutual.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 2 years ago
Musk, a touch of patchouly and amber in the background. Excellent Musky fragrance that screams sophistication.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Ayrton Senna used this fragrance on all of his Formula 1 wins in the rain. Glorious wet tarmac scent... and a musky drydown!
LexaLexa 4 years ago
This is FK's mainstream masterpiece.Smells like fresh spring rain falling on the hot concrete.I love this scent,one of the sexiest I know.
AclapesAclapes 4 years ago
My go-to for rainy days.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Violets and lavender in a dusty musky fog, spicy and slightly smoky, result in a modern, urban and striking fragrance.
ElysiumElysium 5 years ago
Oh man! All the times I wear it I feel so wild, naughty and raunchy guy. Maybe, musk and patchouli make that to me... I love it, absolutely!

by Scottie
by Spiff
by 123321
by 123321

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Toilette Florale) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez