For Him 2007 Eau de Toilette

For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez
For Him (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for men and was released in 2007. The scent is spicy-floral. It was last marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesLavenderLavender
Pink pepperPink pepper
VioletViolet
Heart Notes Heart NotesMuskMusk
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.01.2022.

Big City Streets Smell On A Gloomy Day
The way the master perfumer treated musk here undeniably brings your mind to a moist, clean and soggy accord. I do not base the damp asphalt accord that everyone describes on the smell of the individual notes, but strictly on how Narciso Rodriguez for Him, in its entirety, creates and revives it as a unique scented experience, genuinely like no other. I have never found another colony comparable to this one. The fragrance is reminiscent of new grass, damp moss, and wet bark, but it is so much more! Imagine walking along the sidewalk of a big city shortly after a short but intense spring or autumn downpour. Smell the wet concrete sidewalks, cobbled streets, ancient buildings, and structures around you that converge with clean sweetness and natural, clear, rain-soaked air. This scent stimulates introspection, like walking down that same busy street, alone with yourself. The composition also evokes the structure reserved for truly successful creations, certainly niche quality and character.

The fragrance is, in fact, as many say, a masterpiece. And so do I. It is a musky and earthy floral scent. I can make out a powerful punch of violet, then the musk, and finally the patchouli in it. Without compromise, it is a sweet, clean, and almost green opening with some floral shadows underneath. This accord makes a good impression from the start, at least to me: the violet leaf is refreshing and smells like young grass. The ozone opening is almost unparalleled. Not the kind of ozone smell you get when the first raindrops touch the burning summer asphalt, rather like the air you breathe when the silver raindrops start watering a wooded area, the undergrowth. Imagine that the rain has just stopped and the sky is still dark; there is a field of violets peeking out from a carpet of moss with raindrops sprinkled on them. The perfume for me is as if I had taken a violet leaf and crushed it between my fingers, bringing out a bittersweet aroma. The violet leaf isn't breaking out here, but the way they mixed it is. If that note releases an oil-like chord when mixed with leather, as in Fahrenheit Eau de Toilette, it reproduces the damp concrete-like chord when combined with musk.

The scent is relatively linear and moves quickly from this outrageous, almost dramatic act of opening to something infinitely more wearable and understated. The combination of musk, amber, and patchouli takes center stage, never really removing the violet leaf from the background. If the powdery and moist note hits immediately, the base comes with more manly notes of musk and patchouli. Thick amber, but not sweet or cloying, and super masculine musk give a soft, soapy accord. Very classic, but there is something extravagant hidden between the lines. As already mentioned for the opening notes, amber, musk, and patchouli are well blended, clear, and soft on the finish. The first two create some buttery heat in this one, making sure it doesn't get so bland that it feels more like a smelly chemical. At this point, the ideal mix of white musk, which smells of clean, and dirty patchouli, which smells of earth, gives the best of itself to this fragrance—the right balance between clean and unclean, savory not too animalistic.

There are few examples left in circulation as they have been discontinued for some time, and it is a real shame. The most recent For Him Bleu Noir Eau de Toilette has nothing to do with it. Kurkdjian has created a unique and challenging to interpret fragrance with only a few ingredients that leave a strange moist, earthy, mineral, ozone, and slightly sweet feeling. More suitable for the cooler months, day and night fit great, although it shines best during rainy days, such as gloomy spring and autumn days. Performance is outstanding, sillage is decent, and longevity is substantial. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to call it an evocative masterpiece. It is simply absurdly sophisticated and unique.

I base the review on a decant I have owned since February 2021.

-Elysium
Unlike the others...
Yes, this perfume I bought relatively quickly decided because the smell quickly appeared interesting to me... Yes it smells in any case not like many "off the shelf "...
At the beginning right quite spicy, so that the pepper may stand out, otherwise dominates the rest of the day the musk, paired with the patchouli and amber in the background.
The bottom line as I said is its own quite spicy tone that you have to like. Presented as a color for me as spicy tart gray as the bottle itself...
What I do not like is the fact that there are mainly only the 100ml and me the bottle itself seems somewhat blöckisch and unwieldy...
The Perfect Shade of Grey
Narciso Rodriguez can be accused of many things.

- That he doesn't have a very wide selection.

- That most of his fragrances (gender inherent) are quite similar in structure.

- That he doesn't give a damn about what the mainstream is doing.

But in sum, it pleases me that there are such designers. Who show a bit of edge, put the collar up, and put their idea of fashion, or aesthetics in the world, without being too influenced by the rest of the (fashion) world.

To the point that the fragrances are quite similar in structure, I would like to say, by that I mean there is a certain design language at NR, the expression of the taste of this house, so to speak.

For my sensation, this tends to be rather tart, floral, never too nice and sweet, always rather on the border of demanding, but not so much that it becomes unpleasant.
And in the drydown, but especially the silage, most fragrances are then I find extremely sexy (even the women's fragrances I have smelled so far so), so that there are also often compliments or attention for it.

This is certainly a lot of the frequently used musk, which can act close smelled harsh, but with the body chemistry in conjunction, floral notes, and some spices and amber, as is the case with "For Him (EdT)", arises in total then but an extremely round, and pleasant fragrance picture.
For Him Eau de Toilette is unique by the note described by some as "wet concrete", which in my view is simply the intense musk. I hear this note more up close and in the opening, than then in silage and drydown.
As I said,- the fragrance becomes increasingly sexy over time, but remains serious enough to look well-dressed with it even in a suit and business, to leave a good impression, and to exude a sense of self-integrity.

In fact, I find that this eau de toilette thus also perfectly embodies Christian Grey from the movie "50 Shades of Grey". Sexy, physical, but almost always with a certain seriousness in the facial expressions, and a serious charisma. ;)

A shame that such a fragrance, a one-of-a-kind, which for me falls into the category of "Olfactory World Heritage", is / was discontinued.

But well, you want to apply, make yourself rare. ;D
Bleauri
Signature scent (if I needed one...)
Frankly, I was kind of hoping that my favorite scent would experience the higher consecrations of a positive review vote from a scent-critiquing celebrity like Luca Turin. It didn't. Until by chance I stumble upon another extravaganza of the fragrance world, however, this remains No. 1 for me. And I now take one of Mr. T's asides more as praise - namely, that this is a fragrance that is intentionally unpleasantly composed. This is one of the few scents that, the first few times I put it on, until my nose got used to it, I had a whole story to tell. Namely, of a gloomy, rainy day on an industrial wasteland, where the desperate protagonist pokes his nose into a gravel path, traipses through cement, or leans his back against a freshly set concrete wall. (Optionally picking his nose with a snake cucumber, haha!) The path then leads him on, behind the industrial area somewhere flora begins, which gradually turns into a damp, still gloomy forest, where our protagonist finally slumps down and finds sleep on a thick bed of moss illuminated by a few rays of sunlight breaking through the leaves.
Like listening to favorite songs all the time, there's not much left of this story after one regular use. What remains is a relatively distinct patchouli and violet scent for me that fits well with my incense past, a bottle whose understatement I find very successful, and generally a scent that I, as an individualist, have yet to smell on any other guy - desolate area here....
After all these years, I don't even know what impulse made me reach for this tester - the understatement and Bauhausiness of the shape? - but I'm glad it did. Kind of old school. Barbershop. But with an interesting twist.
Try it! And do not give up immediately!
Rainy season in South America
For Him was shown to me by a very good friend who is himself an enthusiastic member of this community. He himself had a sample here "ersoukt" and wanted to have my opinion whether I can perceive the rain in the fragrance that many people describe and even if it sounds eccentric it brought me right up a memory from my childhood.

I was born and raised in South America (at least the first 13 years) and lived in the capital with my mother and siblings during school.
The rainy season was always a personal highlight for me.
For many reasons for one it rained so rarely and it was spectacular as the roads and our area were not meant to be faced with large amounts of rain therefore the roads were flooded and nothing ran.
So why exactly highlight now?
Well I didn't like going to school and didn't find my way around downstairs and was lazy too. And when it rained the streets were so flooded that school was officially cancelled.
And now we come to the memory which was not a specific one but a recurring one because after it stopped raining and the clouds moved on the sun came out in South American fashion and helped the already overtaxed streets and drainage systems get rid of the water.
And indeed, right here is the crux of the matter. The smell of wet concrete secreted by houses, streets or sidewalks is exactly what I think I'm finding here.

So I would like to make a recommendation here the problem is only it would not be objective.

Only one thing I can definitely say this fragrance is probably something for a small part of the community but definitely a nice experience
Thanks for reading my monologue
Schallhoerer
Who dances with the rain
For Him is a divider. And it's a textbook case. I became aware of this fragrance through the perfumer (Francis Kurkdjian), whose works I greatly admire.

The fragrance starts off heavy, musty and animalistic. Already here the fragrance splits the opinions into 2 camps. Some people find it unpleasant, can't like it olfactorically and then there are those who are patient, have a tendency to extremes or prefer the unusual. The latter group will be rewarded with an incredible scent experience at the latest in the drydown. Because For Him really needs time. Time to unfold on the skin, to create its warmth and to let go of its reins.

In previous reviews the word "rain" or wetness was often mentioned here. And this association also comes to mind in For Him. I see reflections of houses on a rainy street before my inner eye. Foggy avenues that seem deserted and where the last ray of sunlight flashed through the cloud cover hours ago. There is still life here. But not on this street. The people are in their apartments. Sitting at the window and looking outside. But they do not want to be out in this weather. But every once in a while you meet a person on this rainy street. A like-minded person. He's probably wearing "For Him" by Narciso Rodriguez.
Pushy Smelly-Heiner
I had bought this fragrance at good luck and without any idea what to expect. Already while applying it, it took my breath away and I still had the hope that it would turn to good. Unfortunately this was not the case. After a little more than 10 minutes I washed it off.
This EDT made me feel like it was trying to crush me. I was uncomfortable from the beginning It smelled musty, which didn't change later, but I could still detect some amber, but musk and patchouli were not visible. Maybe it is the composition (probably).
A very unattractive contemporary that one does not necessarily need.

Rquill67
Very unique and niche quality!
Okay, so this is a freakin' awesome-sauce fragrance. Niche quality. I've read multiple reviews and I don't understand the "wet cement" reference given my wearings? Even though there are only four notes listed, this fragrance has a lot of depth and does change from the opening to the dry-down. It's not linear and has decent projection. This fragrance opens fresh and then dries down and you can smell the musk, and then amber (which gives it the sweetness). The patchouli is there but only slightly in the background. You could wear this fragrance for any season, any event, and to work. This fragrance touches all the bases for me personally, and I'm so glad I purchased this fragrance! 10 / 10!
5.5
DN1982
Do you have a little more time?
You should indeed bring time with you, because the prelude to this fragrance is anything but masculine, not even the pepper tears it out. Wrong bottle? Restlessness is spreading. After a certain time, if you have it, Him suddenly shows himself to be versatile: "No, girl, you're going to queue up at the back, now it's the boys' turn! "But I don't want to!" she bucks and bitching while Amber, Musk and Patchouli hold the girl by the shoulder and push her into the corner. Cheeky as she is, she leans forward every now and then, and if she throws just a few grains of pepper on the boys - until her supply slowly melts away.
Or to put it another way: The middle and base are a classic men's scent - amber and musk. Classic in the sense of spicy aftershave; yes, I'm even inclined to use the nasty word in the mouth that starts with B and ends with arbershop.

For wet asphalt and concrete you have to stretch your imagination quite far. If brown sauce tastes like lavender, pepper and violet, then it is brown sauce - of course not, because otherwise chips would also taste like strawberries or lemons. No! It's a classic men's scent, old school. Old reinterpreted but with old basic DNA and, after the floral aberration at the beginning, a relatively straightforward fragrance.

By the way, I also know the version for the ladies. I like it much better than the men's fragrance, maybe I'll write a comment on it...

Spring rain...
A beautiful strange fragrance and even though very typical of aromatic-fougere type.
Eager to try when I received it, I sprayed 3 shots and was hit instantly by a dark cloud of grey amber, violet leaf, patchouli & musk that almost choked my senses. It's like a dirty oily concrete perimeter that surrounds a violet & patchouli garden under a spring rain and I just love it !.
The spray mechanism is very effective so I would say a max. 3-4 sprays in a normal day to get the whole feeling experience. Ambery, fougere, wet, musky, aromatic, dark, long-lasting...it has them all !. My personal rank 8/10. Recommended. Nice job Mr. Francis Kurkdjian !

MatuxMatux 5 months ago
Simply put, odd. Violets, green notes, musks (plural). The result is a trully original, uncomparable, modern blend.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 9 months ago
Dreamy musky succesful business man on its way to the top
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 1 year ago
Raining green violets
BielwenassBielwenass 1 year ago
No concrete or rain for me. Just repulsive musk - I really wanted to like it, but it seems that the feeling is not mutual.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 3 years ago
Musk, a touch of patchouly and amber in the background. Excellent Musky fragrance that screams sophistication.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
Ayrton Senna used this fragrance on all of his Formula 1 wins in the rain. Glorious wet tarmac scent... and a musky drydown!
AclapesAclapes 5 years ago
My go-to for rainy days.
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Violets and lavender in a dusty musky fog, spicy and slightly smoky, result in a modern, urban and striking fragrance.
ElysiumElysium 6 years ago
Oh man! All the times I wear it I feel so wild, naughty and raunchy guy. Maybe, musk and patchouli make that to me... I love it, absolutely!

by Scottie
by Spiff
by 123321
by 123321

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Noir by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez