Narciso 2014 Eau de Parfum

Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez
Narciso (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.
Scent goes well with Happy (Perfume)

Top Notes Top NotesGardeniaGardenia
RoseRose
Heart Notes Heart NotesMuskMusk
AmberAmber
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
White cedarWhite cedar
Black cedarBlack cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.07.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Raquel Zimmermann.

Goes almost always
Previously owned (long before my "Parfumo passion") and now rediscovered. Despite all the great niche fragrances, which I gradually learn to appreciate, almost all Narciso fragrances exert a great attraction on me. This Narciso is not one of the loudest, on me it doesn't last very long, after about 3-4 hours I can barely detect it on my wrist. I also don't think it has a mind blowing sillage, at least haven't been approached about it yet. I don't mind it so much, in fact I often find it an advantage when a fragrance is more restrained. Despite this rather average performance, this Narciso has now found its way back to me. I find it warm and very feminine. The musk that envelops me, this always named Narciso DNA, I experience in this case as very soft and unobtrusive. There stings nothing, even the floral prelude passes quickly into the creamy.
I am very sensitive to some fragrances, for example, can not have hyacinths or lilies in the room, because my skin begins to tingle and eyes burn. I feel the same way with some fragrances (for example the pink ForHer EdP by Narciso, wonderful scent, unfortunately I can't stand it, the black EdT on the other hand works). Not so with this Narciso, it is not repulsed by skin and eyes, but perceived as flattering. Admittedly, I have tried some more interesting fragrances in higher price segments, the little white one can't keep up. But it doesn't have to, and for the pleasure it can give in everyday life, the price-performance ratio is not the worst. And many a "niche" is unfortunately not suitable for the office in my case, at least my job means that I have to hold back a little. And so this Narciso finds its justification in my perfume collection.
Sulaja
Cream jar on wooden commode
I got to know him in 2014, because the collected samples came with me on vacation in Lanzarote. In the evening then 2, 3 sprays on the warm skin and off it went. In September, the evenings are no longer quite so hot and it blows actually always a cooler breeze.

I found him then quite woody, almost masculine. Interesting yes, but he has not torn me from the stool. Pröbchen used up, no further thought à la out of sight, out of mind.

Well, I unfortunately no longer know how it came to this, but since recently I own a small bottle. The dominant woodiness that I remembered, I no longer smell. This Narciso smells so fluffy creamy, clean and pure after application. Simply heavenly! For me, it's a soft feel-good scent, like a second skin. I also wear it very much to sleep, feel then somehow snuggled and secure.

Narciso is quite all year round, except perhaps in midsummer, to wear and he holds mega. If I wear him, for example, to sleep, I perceive him the next morning still good.

The color of the bottle is perfectly chosen for this fragrance.
A clean scent with creamy florals, delicate, slightly woody and special.

Really beautiful!
Laralina
When you're walking in the snowy woods with a cozy, warm knit sweater on
Today I finally had the opportunity to try this fragrance. The first thing I noticed was the woody scent, which I think is relatively rare. At least I can't think of a comparable one. From the first impression was yes for me not very feminine, but soft.
After a short time, it becomes a little less woody, but softer and minimally more floral. I find that it would stand a man also very well.
In general, I find that it fits better with colder weather. Especially in transitional periods from autumn to winter and winter to spring.
The flacon is minimalist, looks very elegant and very pretty.
Cuddly & warm
I find it interesting that a floral scent can fit so well to winter. Normally I always associate flowers with a relatively warm weather..or at least the fresh breeze in spring (spring flowers are my absolute favorite anyway)
And here it is, finally a fragrance that goes well with the cold weather yaay.

But I must also point out that the floral notes are rather a small part of this fragrance. I'd rather perceive it as powdery, even with a vanilla undertone. This is the scent that I want to wear in winter..and that I want to perceive on the collar of my cuddly woollen sweater. The Sillage is already room-filling with two splashes.

Powder, rose and vanilla..what more could you ask for, an absolute feel-good scent :)

Gardenia Blossoms Beside The Local Chippy
I love(d) this and got it at the moment of its release, however, and please do give me some credence, this has a tendency to smell of chips in newspaper.
It's beautiful. It's not "masculine" to my nose, though others seem able to sense a strong masculinity in it - according to the reviews posted here, but I think you're all mad.
Well, it's your turn to think that I'm the mad one.
Smells of chips in newspaper wrap in the eighties.
Let it develop and smell the air. Picture yourself at Brighton pier with a paper bag full of chips. Fish optional. This is what it smells like. This realization has killed this scent for me many times. I still love it, but the moment I smell those chips I just think to myself that I don't want to potentially be seen as the one who just ate chips.
Today I am lucky and I don't smell the chips. Yet.
But I know they're there. Lurking.

Artificial Nebula of Woody Amber Floral Musk
Narciso Eau de Parfum continues the tradition of Narciso Rodriguez's beloved white musk, but this time, contrary to the For Her and Essence lines, the musk in Narciso takes the back seat.

The notes in Narciso seem to be consciously kept undefined and non-realistic. The opening is a dewy, refreshing, even sharp floral that reads more like watery magnolia than gardenia to me, but as a milky, even nutty undertone develops over time, the abstract floral accord gradually shifts towards the direction of gardenia.

Because of its overall nebulous nature, Narciso evolves in an incremental way: the floral sweetness is little by little taken over by an opaque woody amber, further underlined by the prune-like tart-sweetness of rose. While I can understand the aesthetic of deliberately maintaining an artificial, non-natural feeling in a composition and appreciate it in a few innovative fragrances, unfortunately in Narciso, the sharp synthetic cedar, the densely opaque amber, the creamy white musk, and the nebulous sweet floral, all together create an combined effect of plastic doll out of laundry, a smell and an image that I don't particularly enjoy.

The late dry down sees the woody amber fading away, allowing the signature clean patchouli and white musk combination of the For Her series to surface and to stay until it completely disappears after about 10 hours. The sillage is mostly moderate throughout.

Being a fan of the previous For Her and Essence lines, I had high hope for Narciso. But in the end, the Egyptian musk that I find utterly memorable in For Her plays only a minimal role, and the amorphous and intentional artificial interpretation of floral and woody amber, while interesting on paper, eventually rub me the wrong way in execution. Suffice to say that Narciso is not my cup of tea. But I can understand how its opaque, nebulous nature can be seen as a mysterious, enveloping aura. If you enjoy modern clean abstract fragrances in general and are looking for a warm floral ambery musk, you may want to give Narciso a try.

Musk worthy of a Goddess
Narciso EDP is both weird and wondrous. Once again Narciso Rodriguez has continued with their unparalleled musk dominance with this versatile and oddly sensual scent.

Narciso EDP is both creamy, herbaceous and musky. This composition features gardenia as you've never seen her before. Gone are the buttery, lush aspects of this popular white floral accord. In its place stands an odd yet captivating animalic gardenia further heightened by notes dry vetiver, crisp white musk and rich, smoky cedar.

Narciso EDP was on my list of potential wedding day scents, but I find this better suited to the wedding night, (if you catch my drift). With that being said Narciso EDP does rely on skin chemistry, so it's best to try before you buy.

I personally find this fragrance oddly comforting, like a well-worn sweater or a fluffy dressing gown. The overall blend is multifaceted, changing direction multiple times throughout its drydown. It does take a few wearings to feel that you've grasped all that this fragrance offers.

I am pleased to admit that this is one of the more exciting releases I have smelt in the last five years. Narciso Rodriguez never fails to impress me.

Narciso edp
Notes are a fairy tale in perfumery. Believe them as you would believe in the Sugar Plum Fairy or Tom Cruise. They’re ‘real’ but not actual. Aurélien Guichard doesn’t refute the notion of notes but he rephrases them. He separates aromas (floral, green, fruity, musky) from the other tones that the nose perceives (roundness, velvet, opacity.)

Slicing and dicing notes is nothing new in contemporary perfumery. Notes and materials have long been picked apart and shuffled around. Deconstruction and recontextualization are the classic two-step of post-modern art, a relic that perfumery has taken and run with. The next step, the rebuilding, the creation of a new picture is harder to achieve and is largely missing in contemporary perfumery.

Narciso is abstraction in its fullest. The separation and identification of the parts is thoughtful, but Narciso reconceptualizes perfume more credibly than you’d expect find in a designer fragrance. Guichard manipulates his materials so that the broad qualities, not the notes themselves predominate. There is not so much a clear magnolia note as there is a sultry luster. It is less specifically woody than it has the feel of an iron fist in a velvet glove.

Materials and notes aside, Narciso smells balanced and synthetic in the artistic sense. It doesn’t attempt to recreate aspects of “nature” as in the solifor and it has none of the smugness that can accompany avant-nichery. It’s a perfume made with an eye on aesthetics and ideals. Its indelible trait is an ambience, a spherical quality that feels like an additional dimension has been added to musk. The tone is both pervasive and subliminal. It surrounds you but it subverts the whistly, woody-amber persistence of many contemporary woody-musky perfumes. It is less radiant than evenly distributed. There are no seams showing, no bumps in the ride. If I could read a perfume formula, I suspect this one would have some sort of dimensional trickery like an Escher drawing. Impossibility made probable by screwing carefully with perspective.

Narciso’s commitment to aesthetics feels almost Greco-Roman in its classicism. Like many classical works, Narciso has a designed imperfection, a distraction that keeps you from falling into a beauty-trance. Narciso’s blemish is its whiff of paint. Sniffed from the right angle, Narciso has the wonderful smell of a fresh can of exterior paint. It might seem odd at a cursory sniff, but it is perfectly placed and enhances the overall purr of the musk.

from scenthurdle.com

JMK
Creamy florals, woods and musk
One of the things I loved about the original Narciso Rodriguez for Her was the dissonance it created between being a pretty floral and a sensual, almost delinquent musk. Narciso (2014) continues that theme; the pastel shades implied by the soapy gardenia and smooth vanilla are offset by the signature musk and the addition of cedar (two kinds!).

The result is modern and chic, but it manages to eschew many of the tired clichés that many other modern fragrances fall into by playing them off against one another. There's a hint of vanilla sweetness, a soapy floral note, and a woods-and-musk drydown - on their own, they equate to department store-friendly unit shifters, but when put together in Narciso, the result is a gorgeous, creamy scent, presented in a your-skin-but-better manner. The reassuringly-heavy cubic bottle is very fitting in that regard, with a milky-white opaque filling akin to that of past Narciso Rodriguez releases, and a gorgeous nude-coloured square cap that stands out on any perfume shelf. Appropriately, the fragrance stays close to the skin, and never outstays its welcome, reaching the base after around 4 hours and gently clinging to the skin for some time after that.

All in all, a timeless modern classic, unspoilt by tired ideas seen elsewhere in perfumery. The closest thing I've met to a signature fragrance, and one that I hope stays with me for a long time.

by Zelena
by Zelena
Die demütige Haltung einer Narzistin (Fresh)  - diese Interpretation gefällt mir .....
by Smitty
by Alfazema
by Alfazema
Herbstblüten im Wald
by Neroline
Cremig, sanft, feminin, schlicht, ... u. doch präsent. Mein Stil.
by JulieFä91
by Thizhy
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Noir by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez