Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) (2018)

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) is a new perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for women and was released in 2018. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesBulgarian rose, Iris
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Vetiver, White cedar, Black cedar

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 09.08.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Raquel Zimmermann.

Doris Day
Musk scents, animalistic, sexy, even dirty, loved by many. Not only do they seem inappropriate to me, but I usually find them really unpleasant. Is it the legendary skin chemistry that tells me that I urgently need to take a shower and use something fresh to make the dull powder musk cloud disappear? Can anyone understand me? Am I alone?

The bottles of N R are all successful, so straight-lined and heavy, scandi design almost. I wanted to own one of them, but: see above...

And then a final test, Rouge, who almost dances out of line in a fiery red tutu and has conquered my heart by storm.

When spraying on a clean looking iris, soft and sweet, a treat, even the fine spray mist. Rose only quite tenderly in the background to happiness. The main actor is, of course, my previous boss, the musk. But here he has his beautiful appearance, present, but not overwhelming like a forced embrace of older ladies that I sometimes had to endure as a child. Instead a light musk scent, creamy, clean, warm. Pretty soon very close, that makes the fragrance attractive and sensual in a subtle way, without wanting to call it sexy. Rather tender, cuddly, instead of hot and demanding. Seductive AND clean, that's what a fragrance has to create first! Rouge can do that and is for me the Doris Day among the fragrances overdoing it should not overdo it with the dosage, otherwise this effect is gone. The fluffy-sweet mosquito breeze attracts for hours. Love it!
10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Narciso in seductive red
December is a month in which I test, buy and also give away an extremely large amount of bulk. Since, unfortunately, there are many birthdays in addition to Christmas, the cost of gifts can quickly go into the four-figure range. But that's what you work for.
The Narciso series is also no longer the clearest. A line Narciso has already earned a golden nose for. Most do not know much about the brand and only know this black EDT. I don't know much about this brand either, but I have already tested some flankers and I also own the men's version. Pretty much every year a minimal Flanker comes out, which are all qualitatively good in my opinion. However, many swear by the black EDT. Is also a timeless work of art, which fits elegantly and stylishly to many occasions.

Since I don't give the same thing every year and generally just buy the most convenient one, I chose this version from 2018. Narciso Rouge. In 30ml the bottle is so sweet. Beautiful bright red tone, beautiful lid in cute bottle. You get about 40 euros. Fair for a high-quality ladies' EdP. Also the big flacons are worth their price, no matter if the EDT, EDP or this one. Great series, which rightly has many fans.
That Rouge comes from the Narciso family is clear to smell. In the first few minutes. But at the start you can already smell where the journey is going: Sweet, powdery and a concentrated Rose-Moschus-Mix. Similar to the original, a lot of musk is used here. The opening begins with Iris. Powdery iris in combination with a beautiful rose note. Tonka stands in the base, but in my opinion is present throughout the whole process. This note turns this fragrance into a sweet fragrance, with which you can also plunge into the nightlife super.
In the base or towards the end he calms down with a soft-woody base without losing his basic DNA.
Also in the base the iris provides a beautiful powdery underground.
For me a sensual fragrance that suits many occasions. Although the black original is much more suitable for everyday use, women can also wear it well. He has sex appeal, but also provides a cultivated fragrant impression. Also the sweetness does not appear too offensive and playful. Thus it is not only something for the young girls, but also for experienced women. But it has a very modern design and therefore young ladies can wear it well.
The performance is good. You don't scent the environment with it if you don't overspray. Normally a fragrance with a good sillage doses, which does not turn into penetrance.

As a man, I can say we want to smell that. I'll speak for everybody. Definitely a scent that a man can use to make a woman. This mix of Rose-Iris-Tonka-Moschus is simply stylish.

I use this fragrance (which would also be good for today) to wish all perfumers a good slide, a good start and all the best for 2019
7.0 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Discreet rouge scent
I waited a long time for Narciso EdP Rouge after the two predecessors had already convinced me of some time with their simple but typical scent character. I would describe the fragrance in this way, especially for those who already know the other versions: Narciso x Narciso EdP Poudree x Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge Gloss = Narciso EdP Rouge. Gentle rose and iris notes melt into a sweet, powdery and well wearable autumn/winter scent with the familiar notes of both predecessors.

I have to admit that when I first tested Narciso EdP Rouge a few weeks ago I wasn't very enthusiastic, but it was probably due to the nature of the sample (a gel perfume that can be removed from an ad - not a good marketing idea in my opinion as it often falsifies the scent). And even when I tested it for the second time, this time as a spray, I wasn't so enthusiastic at first - probably because I had expected or hoped for a very intense, penetrating rouge scent due to the flashy bottle.

But in the course of time Narciso EdP Rouge taught me to appreciate exactly what made me choose the other two Narcisos, a very discreet, inconspicuous and therefore everywhere well wearable fragrance for every day, now supplemented or extended by some floral notes. However, and this is unfortunately a clear minus point for me, the fragrance is not very durable, no matter how much you spray, and also the Sillage is not very high which makes it a bit difficult for me to believe that this is an EdP and not only an EdT.
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Red like roses, red like hearts, red like the lightsaber of Darth Vader :D
Aaah, rouge!
For some reason, I stand totally up (not exaggerated) rouge. Um... I hope it's clear that I mean rouge to ladies and not myself? Well, I just wanted to make sure.

So, and either rouge in the name of the latest Narciso fragrance means make-up, or the colour red, which would also explain the red bottle. Normally most people would think about love, hearts, roses,... well, and all the usual stuff :D

A freak like me, who doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment and therefore doesn't have the slightest idea about such women's things (for me, eyelash formers still look like eye torture instruments to tear out your eyes!!! That's terrible! It would be totally scared to put such a thing on my eye, you women are seriously crazy!!!!), thinks of course of completely different things... like for example the red lightsaber of Darth Vader... *sigh* Maybe it is also exactly because I have no girlfriend? Hmm... well, as of today I will never watch Star Wars again or have anything else to do with it... *sigh*... I can't do that anyway *buhuuuu*

Well then I'll just stay with Star Wars and frighten away all the ladies (... Hello? But are you still here? :DD). And I bet, this fragrance smells so great that I will rave about it again, how great it will smell with you ladies ... and then will sigh even more *sigh* :DD

The fragrance:
I knew it, I knew it. Even if the scent smells like you might have sniffed it a thousand times before, the scent smells damn good! I smell lipstick-like make-up, combined with powdery iris, roses and sweet musk. And if I'm not mistaken, I can also smell neroli or orange blossoms! Be that as it may, I find the beginning very successful.
Hmm... I don't think I'm wrong about the orange blossoms, because I have the feeling that they soon smell even stronger and are therefore clearly recognizable. Otherwise it remains powdery-sweetish, with the sweet scents slightly overlaying the roses.
A little later you smell more tonka bean and vanilla. For a while, the tonka bean becomes really intense, but becomes weaker again in the later base, so that it and the vanilla smell equally intense. But I don't recognize the vetiver as a vetiver. For me it smells somehow slightly sultry-flowery (like flowery scents of ylang-ylang, tuberose etc...) instead of earthy. And to be honest, I could have done without this note, but I think you ladies will like this fragrance here, because it appears in so many women's fragrances, but you know it from me, that I don't like such a sultry fragrance too much. But fortunately this is not so strongly pronounced here, so that the smell pleased me for the most part very well.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is good, the smell is therefore also at a greater distance at a smellable. Depending on the dosage, it could even fill the room for a short while.
This of course also makes it very durable, so that it lasts from morning to evening, or from evening to the next morning, since this fragrance is quite suitable as a night scent.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular and has red coloured inner walls. The lid is T-shaped and also bright red. The brand name is printed on the bottle, there is no label. So the bottle fits into almost all Narciso bottles and looks pretty good.

Ah, you know, no matter if this is a mainstream scent again, which smells like 1000 other scents, it just turned out to be a great made and fragrant scent, which I liked very much (except for the light sultry note, but you shouldn't mind that, because it doesn't bother me that much now). And yes, that's why I can imagine you ladies very well, especially if you want to go somewhere in the evening and put on a fragrance that looks sweet and delicious, but maybe even a little bit elegant, because it comes across so beautifully soft and feminine.
Seasonally he is almost an all-rounder. Maybe not recommended for temperatures of 30 degrees and more, but in my opinion it can always be used.

And yes, I know I shouldn't do things like "To help! I'm single," but that was once again an opportunity to mention something about Star Wars that I really hadn't done before, wasn't it? Even if I've once again driven away some readers, especially possible new ones, who don't know me here and now think I'm an uncouth freak, aaaaaargh!!!!! Nooo!!!
...
Yeah yeah... just laughs... *sob* Leave me alone, you creeps and go try the great scent... *sigh*

Red ..
What do you associate with this color?
Roses. Lips. Sensual things.
But also signal: Attention. And now the nocturnal play of colours of the relevant fabric.
My first encounter with him
was on one of the hottest days of the year. A weekend city tour with my husband.
Practically, to get out of the car park, you have to go through a perfumery. (someone came up with a clever idea)
I already heard his: "oh no...please don't, we have a lot to do today"
"Just for a second" is my answer. In his eyes despair.
An extra stand with Narciso Rouge. The scent was sprayed on ribbons.
What I smelled was wonderful. Rose, soft yet pulsating. Powdery through the iris.
And then came the typical Narciso, musk in its noblest interpretation. But he came quieter than the original or poudree, he came
on tiptoe. So beautiful!
I'm being sprayed from head to toe.
My husband: "Are you crazy in this heat with such a red light milieu smell"
Yeah, that's what he said, and I asked him how he knew what it smelled like. I'm still waiting for the answer today ;-)

In the bank at the ATM a strange man spoke to me and I would smell so great.
In the restaurant the next man asked me what a beautiful perfume I would wear.
The female waitress also asked me.
"Seems to smell good in the red light milieu" I said to my husband.
"Hmm now the scent is really good on you, was only so strong in the beginning" he said meekly.
In the late evening and at night it was only very close to the body to smell..
A powdery vanilla musk cream blend...
A few days later I got a bottle for free. Who do you think?
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

flattering companion
I must confess that my acquaintance with the Narciso fragrances began a little bumpy. The "for her EDT" in the black bottle caused severe nausea in me during the first application after half an hour. I didn't want to test everyone else anymore.

Well, I got to know the other Narcisos in the meantime and had to revise my opinion.
Narciso Rodrigez is one of the best perfume houses that exist today. The perfumes are simple but extremely well made and of excellent quality. The fragrances correspond with the style of the house that presents very straightforward and straightforward fashion for modern women who are in the middle of life and yet feminine and seductive.

I had the bottling of the Sharing in my summer vacation and was so enthusiastic about it that I bought a bottle now. My laundry and the bathroom in which I used the scent smelled wonderfully soft and feminine after all kinds of good things: After very good body powder as it used to be with my grandmother, after vanilla pudding and after beautiful old wood and leather-bound books. This heavenly base lasts many hours and has an incredibly calming effect on me.

But I want to start at the beginning: Narciso Rouge begins with an exciting yet violent whirl of Bulgarian dark rose and iris. At the beginning the scent is quite impetuous and has a remarkable sillage. However, the flowers quickly become milder and the musk heart, the unmistakable Narciso DNA, appears. Very passionate and yet sovereign and in a reserved very elegant way sexy without being pushy to be then the fine powdery and woody base comes to light-Himmlisch!

All main ingredients have been deliberately selected to give a very sensual, feminine yet confident and strong impression.

-The rose as a symbol of femininity
-Iris as a warmth donor and a feeling of security.
-The soft cedar that always radiates strength and safety
-Tonka bean and vanilla are both very sensually spicy and earthy and radiate a certain sweetness.

Despite all these passionate ingredients, Narcisso Rouge does not leave a bombastic sillage behind but is present but elegantly reserved. In the three weeks that I have been using it I have already been positively addressed by several fellow men.

Conclusion:
A very modern fragrance that goes its own way and has what it takes to become a classic, just like "for her EDT" and "for her EDP". Since it is not a gourmand, a woman only has to adjust to this fragrance if she is used to very sweet things otherwise - but it is worth it. A straightforward, sensual and very feminine yet strong fragrance. Despite the flowers it is not playful and capricious and despite the musk heart it is not superficially seductive. From me a smooth 10!
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

The name says it all!
The colour red is lively, full of energy, radiates power.
She's cheeky, brave, provocative.
It attracts attention, attracts looks, fascinates.
It warms, awakens, activates.
It's extroverted and bold.
It can lift the mood and eroticize.

All that does also "Eau de Parfum Rouge".
With exactly the right intensity to be conspicuous but not intrusive.
With a very harmonious mixture of flowers, powderiness, very warm and soft musk and wood.

I'm thrilled!

The very beautiful musk stands like with the other Narcisos in the center. It looks very woody and warm and not synthetic or too clean like many other musk scents.
The cedar and violet notes support and reinforce the soft woodiness.
The flowers give the fragrance a fresh, cheeky and elegant side without being in the foreground.
A delicate sweetness pervades the whole, well dosed and never too much.

In the course of time the fragrance changes only slightly, the powdery woodiness becomes even stronger and the floraliness steps even more into the background.
Associations with make-up utensils arise. In a positive way, as if one (woman) was just freshly and beautifully made up.

When I wear the scent, I feel very feminine, chic and somehow "fancy".

It is used in the evening when going out. For warm or also cool summer evenings I find it super suitable. It remains to be seen whether it will also prove its worth in winter!

The durability is very good, on me "Eau de Parfum Rouge" is about 8 - 10 hours long well perceptible and the charisma becomes weaker only very late.
I think the bottle is very beautiful, minimalistic-elegant and harmonious. The thick glass looks high-quality and it is pleasant to use.
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Rouge? Oui!
Rouge has been on the market for a while now. I didn't have the need to test it until now, because For Her EDT and EDP were too musky and got on my nerves after a while.

Today was different. The flacon laughs at you somehow. Here in a red-orange, yes! I wanted to test it now. And I have to say, jackpot, good decision!

Rouge doesn't start the way I imagined it to. I honestly don't know how I imagined him, but at least not like that ;D

First I get a fruity note (no idea but iris and rose are not, hmm) paired with a mild, sweet rose and powdery iris. The typical For Her Note doesn't come out that strong here (luckily).

I also smell jasmine in the heart note, although this is not listed here. Strange...
Anyway, rouge smells beautiful to me! Now nothing you haven't smelt before, but I think it's great.

It's sexy, feminine, fruity and flowery. Fits in spring/summer without being intrusive. But I can also imagine him great in winter.

The durability is also great. Only a few sprayers have an enormous sillage and I can't stop smelling on my arm.

Even though I have decided to use up scents again before I buy new ones, this red treasure will have to be added to my other perfumes!
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

pudelbonzo
i'd be a book in a lifetime...
...would you be my reader? - sang Dahlia Lavi in the '70s.

Beside my perfume " hobby " I am still a bookworm .

So I went to Kstadt, with the firm intention of buying a book from Städtler for my friends, which I liked very much.

But pain and oh, the Remittenden table was cleared and I was "forced" to trot into the perfumery department.

There Rouge waited for me - and the Narcisos I accommodate anyway in all colors.
In the absence of the reading material I read in the fragrance.

Rouge appeals to me softly and homey - with a hint of rose nostalgia.
The iris overpowders and makes the fragrance even softer.
Musk, on the other hand, provides a silky shine and gives an elegant note.

This could be a historical love story - stylish, but with a romantic touch.
Noble ladies in rustling silk dresses play the leading role here, courted by knightly galans who skillfully court them.
Love is also the theme here - as in the love-red scent that allows for closeness and feeling.
I can get deep into the eloquent story.

I was happy to "leaf through" Rouge - and I think the story will end well.

9.0 8.0 8.5/10

The red slut
Even the youngest offspring from Rodriguez cannot deny its origin, because the typical DNA rises into your nose when you spray for the first time.

Narciso EdP Rouge starts flowery with a lovely rose and powdery iris. As soon as the flowers are perceived correctly, the musk appears and pushes the flowers into the second row. They also stay there and exude powdery, flowery sweetness from the back ranks, so to speak.

Even the tonka bean is not long in coming and contributes vanilla nuances. The cedar provides stability and depth and the ubiquitous musk provides the animal "dirty touch". I have not noticed Rose and Iris for a long time, at most they still act as "backbenchers", but very, very discreetly. What remains is vanilla, powdery, woody musk, at least with me.

During a sharing I got a bottle of NR. Dear Parfuma packed me another sample of L'Instant Magic by Guerlain and I can't deny a certain similarity between these two fragrances after testing them in parallel.

However, L'Instant Magic turns out to be a real lady. Refined, fine, elegant, almost noble, yet with seductive subtle eroticism and never losing sight of composure. Completely differently NR, there is nothing hidden or indicated by the flower, here is from the outset clear what thing is. NR doesn't just want to play ... Eroticism and seduction are, so to speak, the program, but without ever being vulgar.

Rouge is modern, sexy, seductive and not too sweet. So scented everything is possible. NR can be taken out in the evening, but also during the day, in the appropriate dosage, it is not out of place. A shelf life of approx. 8 hours is quite respectable, there is nothing to complain about. I don't like to evaluate silage, because, as with most perfumes, the scent can only be perceived close to the body. This is not only my personal impression, my husband was able to confirm this as well.

Jazzy76 11 months ago
Musky and vibrant, brighter than the other ones in the line. It well represents the passionate red of the bottle. quite good sillage.
Alex1984 15 months ago
Different from the others in the line. Still gorgeous though. A revamped sensuality, similar to the lost and glorious AromaCalm by Lancôme.+4
9.0