Narciso 2020 Eau de Parfum Ambrée

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez
Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) is a perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesFrangipaniFrangipani Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesMuskMusk
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber CedarwoodCedarwood VanillaVanilla CashmeranCashmeran

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 24.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is Dutch model Laurijn Bijnen, photographed by Viviane Sassen.

Exotic musky narciso
Imho, this is the go-to perfume for Narciso Rodriguez aficionados for the summer time. The frangipani and ylang-ylang really make it smell tropical and the sweetness of the amber and the vanilla goes hand in hand with the signature Narciso musk. If you are interested into hearing more about this perfume please watch my Youtube video here below.

Aukai
A sensual and light late summer flirt - a good fragrance for beginners in the creamy-animalic world
After I had an intense encounter with the daredevil Narciso Rouge yesterday, I met his brother directly today. At this point I send again a big thank you to PetiteMadame, which has sent me a bottling.

To you, Ambree - unlike your brother, you didn't come in a bottle. Looking at the photo I see directly lightly tanned summer skin in front of me.
I spray a tiny touch on the forearm, after your brother has almost scared me yesterday at the first meeting with his fulminant appearance, I approach my nose very carefully. But you come along completely different, more reserved.

The top note: frangipani and ylang-ylang are beautifully interwoven and determine the first impression. I'm not a fan of overly cluttered floral bouquets. Your fragrance is fine, the musk comes through minimally and courted the flowers, for my nose it is not intrusive.

Top notes fade, the florals make way for musk, amber and vanilla. All just detectable in hints and none of it overdosed or prominent, I like that. Frangipani and ylang ylang are also still sniffable on my skin. Overall, a pleasant, warm composition that lasts for about three and a half hours on my skin.

The base is then cozy powdery-sweet, the flowers can still be guessed from afar. I personally find that no component stands out too much. The fragrance is very close to the body, never imposes itself, yet even now in the evening on my skin and also on the sweater still perceptible.

Conclusion: for someone who wants the "BÄÄÄMMMM! Here I am and I want everyone to notice" appearance Narciso Rouge is the candidate of choice. Ambree comes off more subtle, but it's not boring or even uninteresting. I definitely find it sensual, however, it exudes more of a sensual lightness, not a heavy sensuality. He doesn't fall flat on his face, and that's what makes him interesting from my point of view. The fact that he does not give me the feeling that I would float in a cloud of fragrance through the area, which already gets on the nerves of others from afar, makes him very likeable for me.

Personally, I find the combination of floral-cheerful top note (makes me immediately in a good mood) and cuddly powdery heart and base notes very successful. A day like today - late October, bright sunshine - is perfect for the fragrance. I think you can wear it well in spring, autumn and on summer days below 25 degrees, then it is a faithful companion. For the winter he would be too light for me - who likes it also (body) earthy.

By the melange he is from my point of view also an ideal beginner fragrance for women who have preferred so far rather light floral-sweet fragrances and who want to stalk to something powdery-creamy-animalic ranpirschen.
4.5
Mere matter of taste
This review, unfortunately, will not be a puff piece on
NR Ambree. After testing several times, I must unfortunately conclude: This fragrance is not mine. The composition makes him strangely almondy on my skin, which is followed by a slight boring turgidity. Some ingredient is too much and distracting. I suspect it's the frangipani. Just like a delicious meal/menu. One extra spice can spoil everything. I admit, I struggle to describe the scent perfectly on my skin. Certainly, I've smelled less beautiful things. And this scent will definitely find its lovers. Of that I am sure. But a bottle will not move in with me. It will remain with a sample. The fragrance is not bad, but my nose doesn't like it much. The longevity is so-so. There is no nice fragrance development on me. Ambree remains pretty linear. He would rather fit on cold days.

Would I now only have this one fragrance available: I would now and then still dare to try, in the hope that we might still be friends one day
Mayflower96
Concentrated power of white flowers
I had seen this perfume on Lenis Scents (Youtube) and had to try it at the drugstore. The frangipani immediately drew me under its spell and transported back to the holiday to Tenerife and Bali. The scent instantly puts you in a good mood in the form of the concentrated power of white flowers. I love wearing it in the springtime, as it is just pleasantly gentle on the skin, but unfortunately disappears from the skin after 4 hours. However, on clothes it is noticeable for longer, I would say 6 hours. In fact, I am not a big fan of Narciso fragrances, at least not at this point in time, but I immediately took Ambree to my heart. When I smell this fragrance, I think of a young adult woman, who roams the streets of warm, southern cities in a good mood and still meets a friend for a coffee during the day. She is wearing a colorful summer dress, comfortable shoes and a smile on her face. She's not necessarily playful, but just affable, always nice, helpful, and confident, but in a down-to-earth way.
So if you are a fan of frangipani and ylang-ylang, you should definitely try this perfume. Leni said in her video that she does not keep the fragrance because it comes so close to the Poudree- I can not confirm so. Podree smells more adult and somewhat "stiffened" for me (meant nicely).
Solid everyday fragrance
I bought this perfume based on the outstanding reviews on the websites of local perfumery chains and I have to say that I am disappointed. First, I can say that it is a nice solid fragrance, but it fades very quickly and seems very one-dimensional to me. Of course, this is my subjective feeling, but this fragrance does not live up to attributes like "sensual", "seductive", or "long-lasting" (compared to JPG "Scandal" or YSL "Black Opium"). In addition, it smells too synthetic to me.
A nice everyday fragrance with which you can not do anything wrong, but also no flower pot win
Frangipani...
I had this as a sample in a package and have to say: you have to like frangipani. Very much. I do not like it, I just do not like this fragrance. Me she drives badly in the nose.
Nonetheless, a powerful perfume with expressiveness, which in my opinion can not be assigned to any age.
Due to the concise fragrance notes, I would recommend to test the perfume beforehand and not to buy blindly
Splash24
Finally found a fragrance that my friend also likes !
Heavenly fragrance for the summer. Normally I find frangipani fragrances too sweet, but this one is perfectly dosed. My boyfriend thinks it's great too. He is very critical and expectant about this topic. But this time he was very surprised and is now his absolute favourite scent of me. He claims that it suits my character best, of all the fragrances I own.
Oops; I did it again!!
So these Narcisos and my skin chemistry merge together in such a way, it makes me downright addicted to smell myself Shortly after spraying I usually smell only dilution, but after 1-2 hours it becomes very subtle, creamy and very close to the skin chemistry, you only indirectly perceive a fragrance, but I spray only 1x.
But I find these colourful flacons rather ugly!!!
I find ambree very different from poudree, poudree is a little too dry and bitter and too much of the
Good.
Ambree is sweet-creamy in the beginning and then becomes rather spicy-fresh, the sweetness unfortunately does not stay, it is not such a sun cream scent like JS Sun, directly on the skin I can perceive it about 18h, other people can smell it on me so 5-10h.
For me, with the exception of Poudree, all NR are in use all year round in alternation, because of this subtlety I can almost always have them around me.
Narciso Summer Deluxe
For me there are two different kinds of summer scents - one is the fresh, tangy ones, which awaken the spirits in hot temperatures and have a similar effect to a cool, sizzling drink... best in the citrus or orange direction with blue, yellow or green flacon... i'm thinking of TF Mandarino di Amalfi or the Hermès Jardin versions; perfumes that go in the "light blue" direction are also part of my repertoire.
Clean, pure fragrances that you can put on generously and that always fit in summer, even in hot, humid temperatures.

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) clearly belongs to the second kind of summer perfume- and for me these are fragrances that literally cry out for summer and outdoors, but which do not have a refreshing effect, but rather spread a powdery-warm, tipsy feeling.
Quasi a "Jil Sander Sun feeling" :-)
These fragrances are more suited to August or late summer - to lush sunflowers and evenings on the terrace or in the restaurant with the feeling in the back of your mind that the season is not going to last too long and autumn will soon be here.

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) comes along in a good mood, warm, powdery; vanilla resonates and the tipsy-summery will be due to the frangipani.
As far as individual fragrances are concerned, however, I have never been an expert in describing...
I am an absolute NR fan and also this fragrance is wonderful and has the typical Narciso-Moschus-DNA.
Even though everything is different this summer than before (and we are still doing well here in DE), this Narciso here is perfect to enjoy a relaxed, balmy summer evening outside with good food and a glass of wine.
For the work he is also well suited, through the vanilla also well into the autumn.
Not a perfume you'll find on every corner.

I am very satisfied with the shelf life and appearance; although I only have one bottling, it goes down extremely well with my fellow men.
The bottle lands 100%, but that was so far with all NRs, purisitic and noble.

Here Narciso Rodriguez has ventured into something new; a lush, dignified vanilla-musk summer scent that fits perfectly into the current season and also into autumn and as a mood enhancer into winter.
For me a bull's eye, even though I am not a summer fan and actually prefer cooler temperatures... maybe that's why I like it so much;)
Blind purchase: Hui or Pfui
Under the heading "New", the summery orange bottle laughed at me. I hadn't tasted Narciso for a long time. I was a fan of the very first one, but I was never able to get excited about the flankers/successors. And when my work colleague wore the first one for her, I was also done with the series for now.
Well, looking at sheet music. I kind of have a thing for frangipani because I love the look of the blossom. Sounded simple at the base with a little more splash in the head. That's how I imagined it.

He arrived, I sprayed with joy and I immediately smelled the typical Narciso DNA with synthetic musk, a bit biting. But then it gets better and the flowers bloom briefly. Smells like warm days in a perhaps tropical small town. The flowers disappear again and he smells creamy, warm and a bit harsh.

The fact that the scent doesn't last forever doesn't bother me so much here, because for me it is a summer scent after all, where too much becomes exhausting too quickly. Therefore I prefer to spray it on rather than suffocate ;-)

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
I was expecting something more from it. The accord isn't perfectly balanced and the cashmeran note smells quite synthetic. Average sillage.

by Koi77
by Darkmatt3r
by JexThoth
by JexThoth

Popular by Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Noir by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Noir Rose by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum Absolue) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez