Narciso 2020Eau de Parfum Ambrée

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) by Narciso Rodriguez
Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) is a new perfume by Narciso Rodriguez for women and was released in 2020. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by Shiseido Group / Beauté Prestige International.

Top Notes Top NotesFrangipani, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Cashmeran

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 23.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Dutch model Laurijn Bijnen, photographed by Viviane Sassen.

Splash24
Finally found a fragrance that my friend also likes !
Heavenly fragrance for the summer. Normally I find frangipani fragrances too sweet, but this one is perfectly dosed. My boyfriend thinks it's great too. He is very critical and expectant about this topic. But this time he was very surprised and is now his absolute favourite scent of me. He claims that it suits my character best, of all the fragrances I own.
Oops; I did it again!!
So these Narcisos and my skin chemistry merge together in such a way, it makes me downright addicted to smell myself Shortly after spraying I usually smell only dilution, but after 1-2 hours it becomes very subtle, creamy and very close to the skin chemistry, you only indirectly perceive a fragrance, but I spray only 1x.
But I find these colourful flacons rather ugly!!!
I find ambree very different from poudree, poudree is a little too dry and bitter and too much of the
Good.
Ambree is sweet-creamy in the beginning and then becomes rather spicy-fresh, the sweetness unfortunately does not stay, it is not such a sun cream scent like JS Sun, directly on the skin I can perceive it about 18h, other people can smell it on me so 5-10h.
For me, with the exception of Poudree, all NR are in use all year round in alternation, because of this subtlety I can almost always have them around me.
Narciso Summer Deluxe
For me there are two different kinds of summer scents - one is the fresh, tangy ones, which awaken the spirits in hot temperatures and have a similar effect to a cool, sizzling drink... best in the citrus or orange direction with blue, yellow or green flacon... i'm thinking of TF Mandarino di Amalfi or the Hermès Jardin versions; perfumes that go in the "light blue" direction are also part of my repertoire.
Clean, pure fragrances that you can put on generously and that always fit in summer, even in hot, humid temperatures.

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) clearly belongs to the second kind of summer perfume- and for me these are fragrances that literally cry out for summer and outdoors, but which do not have a refreshing effect, but rather spread a powdery-warm, tipsy feeling.
Quasi a "Jil Sander Sun feeling" :-)
These fragrances are more suited to August or late summer - to lush sunflowers and evenings on the terrace or in the restaurant with the feeling in the back of your mind that the season is not going to last too long and autumn will soon be here.

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Ambrée) comes along in a good mood, warm, powdery; vanilla resonates and the tipsy-summery will be due to the frangipani.
As far as individual fragrances are concerned, however, I have never been an expert in describing...
I am an absolute NR fan and also this fragrance is wonderful and has the typical Narciso-Moschus-DNA.
Even though everything is different this summer than before (and we are still doing well here in DE), this Narciso here is perfect to enjoy a relaxed, balmy summer evening outside with good food and a glass of wine.
For the work he is also well suited, through the vanilla also well into the autumn.
Not a perfume you'll find on every corner.

I am very satisfied with the shelf life and appearance; although I only have one bottling, it goes down extremely well with my fellow men.
The bottle lands 100%, but that was so far with all NRs, purisitic and noble.

Here Narciso Rodriguez has ventured into something new; a lush, dignified vanilla-musk summer scent that fits perfectly into the current season and also into autumn and as a mood enhancer into winter.
For me a bull's eye, even though I am not a summer fan and actually prefer cooler temperatures... maybe that's why I like it so much;)
Blind purchase: Hui or Pfui
Under the heading "New", the summery orange bottle laughed at me. I hadn't tasted Narciso for a long time. I was a fan of the very first one, but I was never able to get excited about the flankers/successors. And when my work colleague wore the first one for her, I was also done with the series for now.
Well, looking at sheet music. I kind of have a thing for frangipani because I love the look of the blossom. Sounded simple at the base with a little more splash in the head. That's how I imagined it.

He arrived, I sprayed with joy and I immediately smelled the typical Narciso DNA with synthetic musk, a bit biting. But then it gets better and the flowers bloom briefly. Smells like warm days in a perhaps tropical small town. The flowers disappear again and he smells creamy, warm and a bit harsh.

The fact that the scent doesn't last forever doesn't bother me so much here, because for me it is a summer scent after all, where too much becomes exhausting too quickly. Therefore I prefer to spray it on rather than suffocate ;-)
Here comes the sun!
Discovered yesterday with joy in the perfumery. I was very excited about it!
Since I had already sprayed on another scent before, he was only allowed on the test strip. That annoys me now
Sprayed on, a south tropical cloud immediately surrounded me. Wonderful! The Frangipani (not pungent for me here) leads me into faraway lands and my heart opens immediately in anticipation of the coming summer! I have to admit that I would have thought that tuberose would be a good choice in the beginning. Was it similar to someone else?

Of course, in addition to the South Sea feeling, the typical Narciso DNA is also clearly visible. That's why I don't understand the comparison with the simply knitted Monoi, which mainly smells like coconut to me
Narciso Ambre also reminds me a little bit of Narciso Rouge. Which makes me wonder if my skin will eat him up like that. I was deeply in love with NR. But the lack of silage and durability almost brought tears to my eyes.

Doesn't help, I'll have to test it again on the skin. Because it looks very full on the paper strip.
Sonnenwind
"YLANG YLANG- simple or complex?"
I liked Ambrèe from the "second" or "third" nose up.
In the beginning I found it irrelevant, the second test awakened memories in me and I felt creeping infatuation.
Sunny, sun creamy, flowery, elegant, simple and beautiful!
Almost an all-rounder
- that's what the fragrances are called here, which you can wear every day, in every season, for every occasion, for every clothing and for every triviality?! ;)

Ambrèe is such a candidate for me
I don't mean to say that Ambrèe is trivial, for God's sake - he is beautiful...!
Unless you know something better!

I hope you will forgive my criticism, but today I have also written a commentary on Gaultier's Classique, which now serves as a template for this commentary.

Because this commentary is about scent preferences.

Now I see that the fragrance pyramid has been extended by the fragrance cashmeran. God knows, I cannot perceive this scent now, as it has been able to spoil many a fragrance for me lately.
Cashmeran is actually quite greedy and likes to eat velvety scents.
It doesn't seem to do that in Ambrèe, because otherwise I wouldn't like him.

However, through the rediscovery of Classique, some things have become clear to me. E.g. the love for Ylang Ylang.
After the Classic break, I kept getting stuck on scents that contained similar scents to this one. This also includes Ambrèe.

Now I have both fragrances running in parallel to compare them specifically with each other.
In principle, I would like to shoot myself in relation to perfume in the OFF, trick me and calm me down.

And I'm reassured, tricked and backed into a corner.
The two have one thing in common:
YLANG YLANG.
And I seem to have a definite weakness for that.
Ylang Ylang can give a sunscreen vibe and sunshine feeling.
Ambrèe is supported by frangipani and musk, Classique by MANY aromas that make me dizzy. Especially the orange blossom gives the additional sunshine kick.
But at the end of the fragrance experience, ylang ylang is left behind in both of them, each in its own way, supported by other fragrances.
Both are sunny, sun-creamy and yet different.

Ambrèe is knitted somewhat more simply and has a lower durability.
Classique remains complex, aphrodisiac and durable until the end and is for me the ultimate.
Unfortunately, an Ambrèe is not needed after all!

One may forgive me for my criticism, but I usually try to think rationally and in exclusionary terms, in order to find the quintessence for me in the form of perfume.

If you are looking for a simple sunscreen-sunshine fragrance, you will certainly be happy with Narciso's Ambrèe...
Those who like it a little more complex and durable may be disappointed.

Narciso Ambrèe is quite beautiful, but unfortunately there are (for me) more beautiful, more complex ones!

Ambrée???
I was soo curious to get this new NR under my nose and was yesterday on the way home, in the perfumery, at the first sniffing already 'what disappointed During the journey home, inhaled again and again on the wrist but the spark did not fly over At home in the cooking and eating, forgotten and after cleaning up, ah, let it smell again and nothing...
No scent any more.
Hmm, I have received a sample,- 2 quick shots and off to the gas round, in further tension, what happens with Ambrée and me.
Nothing happened.
Again, this time remaining sample emptying.

Except for the musk commonality, this flanker has nothing in common with the other cubes of NR, whether white, nude or red. With the other NR bottles, black, pink anyway. Which isn't necessarily bad, it's just that I don't like it very much.
There is nothing beguiling about it - flowery in the beginning, still ambering - spicy and warm in the finish and in the middle it is musky and frangipanic, very lightly vanilla. I do not smell any Ylang-Ylang, although here in the fragrances outstanding in size of the typeface declared as dominant, nor do I smell Amber.
Bummer!
I find the fragrance boring, entertaining and yes, somehow quiet.
Retention time even after re-testing only 2 hours and also only with nose on wrist. Strangely quiet, no silent scent.
Watching a movie in the evening, after my question about the fragrance: ?? Smell nothing!!! With alleged certainty about the ingredients, the bottle color and my love for the other NR fragrances, I would have ordered the perfume blindly.
We were lucky that a parking space was free and that the perfumery was open after weeks of Corvid closure. - You're lucky On my skin it does not develop and does not last. - Tough luck.

I'm crossing him off my wish list now
By the way, I don't smell coconut, and I can't share any similarities with Chanel's beige. But it reminds me of Delight by Jil Sander
So, then I am curious about further comments on Ambrée.
Daydream
I spend my day at the beach, enjoying cocktails of all kinds.

A touch of Exotix hangs in the air, oiled skin, like coconut.

But hidden in the depths, I can smell frangipani
Finely interwoven with Ylang-Ylang, almost unrecognized, like wondrous.

If I follow this scent, it will make my day
Sexy Amber, powder scent, woody, noble, must have.

Now he lies here in my arm, so musky and not tame.

I think he's great, and I spray him on, lucky me, in spite of blind buying!

The wanderlust is approaching, I dream myself away, so many places, still undiscovered.

He takes me to distant beaches, finest sand, trickles warmly through my hands.

Turquoise sea and sunshine, I thank you Ambree, for this little rendezvous!

I hope the comment is ok for you, I felt like it! ;-)

Jazzy76Jazzy76 5 months ago
I was expecting something more from it. The accord isn't perfectly balanced and the cashmeran note smells quite synthetic. Average sillage.

Ein Blütentraum!
by Glimma
by JexThoth
by JexThoth

Popular Narciso Rodriguez

Narciso (Eau de Parfum Poudrée) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum Rouge) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Pure Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Her (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Musc for Him (Oil Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Parfum) / For Him Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez For Him Bleu Noir (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez Essence by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her (Eau de Parfum) by Narciso Rodriguez Amber Musc / For Her Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Eau de Musc by Narciso Rodriguez For Him (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez Essence Musc Collection by Narciso Rodriguez Narciso (Eau de Toilette) by Narciso Rodriguez For Her Fleur Musc (Eau de Toilette Florale) by Narciso Rodriguez