Absinth (2007)Extrait de Parfum

Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for men and was released in 2007. The scent is green-spicy. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.03.2020.

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Back to the past
I personally don't like it when I read the hundredth commentary on a fragrance and how differently everyone perceives the fragrance and basically reads up and down the pyramid of fragrances.

Everyone has a different feeling, everyone has a different nose and, as is well known, taste and smell are debatable.

It's the stories behind the scent that interest me and it's these scents I'm looking for and that's why I ended up with Absinthe.

The comments about haystacks and over the mountains were reason enough for me to get carried away with a blind buy.

So the parcel arrived...I am sitting on my couch and the warm sun is shining on my back...I open the parcel and see the falcon with its greenish contents...

The first sprayer goes to my wrist...I lean back and smell my wrist and a journey into my past begins as I never expected it to begin.

In my youth my clique and I went to Austria...we had a little mountain hut for us alone and it was one of the most beautiful times I remember with pleasure.

In the hut it was always a bit cooler and the cellar somehow smelled slightly musty, earthy, woody, damp - so like a really old-fashioned mountain hut...

When I smelled on my wrist, I was immediately in this cellar...I hear my friends laughing at me, I smell this old mountain hut and feel the longing and lightness for this time.

At that time I didn't find the smell really disturbing, it was just there, but today it is something very special...for me Nasomatto Absinth is something like a time machine, which brings me back to this hut of my youth with every spray over and over again.

That's exactly why I love this scent!
9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Green-spicy intensity
First of all I would like to express my enthusiasm for the concept of Nasomatto.

Every fragrance I've smelled from this producer so far is something special. Not everyday stuff. And they all have a high intensity. According to the motto: Small portions with great performance.

And I'd like to break a lance for 30 cc bottles. I wish there were more suppliers who would offer their fragrances in 30 ml portions in Nasomatto style.

Since 30 ml is not really a lot, bottles with this filling quantity often look a bit small and you sometimes get the impression that you are buying an item from a children's shop. Not like this. The concentrated contents are in a heavy, high-quality glass bottle. You've got something in your hand. I'm enjoying this. And so that the entire structure does not appear too tiny, a massive wooden cap is added to each bottle, which is disproportionately large. Every product designer would probably turn away with horror, firstly because the proportions are irritating and secondly because at first glance they present a certain risk of accidents, or rather accidents.

But the crazy nose (naso matto) solved that well. The glass bottle is solid enough to remain stable and the appearance is so irritating that it is interesting again. You could say the appearance is pretty cool and stylish. And the materials used are all first-class.

For those special fragrances that you probably don't want to wear every day, 30 ml is really a good amount. I imagine the colognes of Roja (which I am keen on). I don't pay 270 Euro for 100 ml. But I would accept 30 ml for 90,- Euro in a high-quality bottle, even if that would not mean a price difference per millilitre. This bottle size is customer-oriented and makes it possible to have a few more vials in your collection without having a supply for the next thirty years
Now for the scent. He fascinates me very much. I like things like Davana, Labdanum, Vetiver, Laurel or Opoponax. These are not necessarily the most catchy fragrances and the perfumer has to make an effort to integrate them well. But if that succeeds, they tickle the nose, are exciting and delightful. Like here.

It almost seems as if you've taken Jubilation 25 from Amouage as a basis, removed a few things, and "grounded" the scent.

Because it smells like earth. And bittersweet, tart herbs with creaky root wood. Initially spicy green with a herbaceous freshness, then a base of woody herbal sweetness appears. Intense and forceful. Not a crowdpleaser, but an attractive character head.

The fragrance has a good intensity and shelf life. You get something for your money and the 30ml should give you many years of pleasure. I like this crazy Italian very much.
9.0 6.0 5.0 8.0/10

Yearning for autumn
I'm about to discover Nasomatto and Absinthe - yes well - is flashing me right now totally.
The name of the green fairy alone triggers pictures for me, as it does for the previous speakers... from Johnny Depp (From Hell) to Heuschober (M Night Shymalan - The Village).

But this isn't supposed to be a film review, we're talking about perfume. Absinthe is green, deep green. Notes of hay, weed, and yes... Absinthe and wormwood. Herb and yes - slightly dirty.
The start is bang... i think I'm in the barn... a wonderful smell for an autumn lover like me. This is how mountain biking smells in autumn when harvesting takes place, when hay is harvested, when fields are trite.

Then the fragrance will soften, lay in the hay, pictures of - but let's leave that... Heaven and hell are so close together sometimes.

Absinthe - for me a scent of longing that embraces me and takes me with it, that treats me well and leaves me happy when it says goodbye.

Thanks for reading!

by Seejungfrau
by Tetsuo
by Tetsuo
by Shivsri13
Absinth wirft einen gefährlichen Schatten...
by Lilienfeld
by SonyCrockett
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Nasomatto

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto