Baraonda 2016 Extrait de Parfum

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Top 21 in Unisex Perfume
Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 22.04.2021.

AromaPath
Little drop of "Need you now"
I used to love listening hit made by Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now". After first sprays of this scent I thought that scene from that video clip was perfectly done for advertisement of "Baraonda". It is little bit on pricy side, but if you have chance to order "The God Father" by Alexandria Fragrances, you will be in great luck to get it for very decent price. Their pyramids are almost identical. Whisky + Ambroxan + Rose are the top 3 notes that hunts you for hours. Very boozy, woody and masculine fragrance. I love wearing "Treson La Nuit Nude" by Lancome and see ambroxan very similar with these two perfumes, but I can't see myself wearing "Baraonda". I'm my opinion, whisky notes are little bit overpowering for feminine scent. It is more dreamy, distant experience, that you only want to encounter, but you never will. This house makes surprising fragrances and “Baraonda” is one of them, it will confuse you for a minute, but it's full of character, boldness and longevity that lasts for hours. Be moderate on your applications. One drop is enough to make a statement.
Hedonism in a bottle
Baraonda smells like pure hedonism to me.... Nihilism... he smells unhealthy.
but just on life's side of seduction and abysmalness.
Drinks, drugs, smoking, platonic sex and good music.
A surreal, unreal world... Synthetic yet true.
These contrasts make life interesting, versatile and make us appreciate.

Mats38
Will you stay for a drink?
The story.
It was late evening. The moon was already reflecting on the water in the lake near the bungalow, shining through the large picture windows into the living room. He went to his house bar, opened the two wooden doors and took out two crystal whiskey tumblers. He then carefully placed two large, crystal ice cubes in the glasses and carefully poured the whiskey over them. They reminisced about the memories they had shared. The later it got, the more intimate the mood became...

The scent.
It is quite similar to the story for me:

The Opening. It impresses with the best alcoholic note known to me, accompanied by a pleasant creaminess. It is slightly underpinned by a light espresso, minimal but perceptible,

The Change. As in history, Baraonda is also changing. The whiskey takes a back seat, the creaminess becomes a little sweeter and takes over. The longer it develops, the more it radiates a pleasant warmth. Like in front of a fireplace, but without the burnt smell.

Finally, once again in clear words: a dreamlike fragrance. Surely not everyone's cup of tea, but testing is worth it! For me, definitely not an all-rounder, but clearly signature candidate for the evening. The scent just fits too much to a date at the bar. Durability top, silage perceptible, but not extreme. Recommendable!

Ptsau
A different kind of booze!
I always love boozy scents but all the boozy fragrances in my collection are all sweet gourmandy boozy (Enigma, Black Phantom, Side Effect, and Angels Share) but Baraonda is something different. It’s dry woody kind of boozy. It smells so good and unique. I bought a full bottle right after I tested for the first time. Great performance with 10+ hours on my skin and moderate but not big projection. It projects about 2 feet for the first 4-5 hours then become skin scent at 6 hour mark. It’s unique so not blind buy safe but strongly recommend to try a sample of it.
Whiskey vs. coffee
That's how fast it goes...

At the latest when I ordered a bunker bottle of Baraonda (my current still has about 20ml content) at a great offer, I knew that Golden Dallah by Xerjoff will no longer long adorn my profile as a signature fragrance.

As always, I would like to say something about the bottle and packaging first.
Of all the Nasomattos, I like the bottle design the best with Baraonda, as the theme was extremely well hit here.
It is, as already said, a wooden-boozy fragrance and what fits better than a lid made of cork?
About the outer packaging can be argued, because it does not really look high quality to me. The idea with the travel lid, however, has been implemented great, which ensures that you can always enjoy his Nasomattos even when traveling, without the risk of damaging / losing the fantastic lid.

Also worth mentioning and praising is the spray head. I own 5 Zoologist bottles and there the spray head is already the hammer. Nasomatto tops that, however, again around the double. A long, sustained spray that releases a very fine fragrance mist.
The madness!

To the fragrance:

I'm a big fan of alcohol in perfumes and so I get my money's worth with the whiskey & rum notes here.

Baraonda starts with an extremely authentic whiskey note, which I have yet to enjoy in any fragrance as I have in Alessandro Gualtieri's masterpiece. Of course, there are many fragrance houses that work with rum, brandy & whiskey, however, I have not been able to find a fragrance that conveys this note as authentically as Baraonda. Many other fragrances simply become too sweet or the synthetics come out too strongly.
Nasomatto puts the wearer and bystanders in the middle of the production of the finest whiskey the world has ever seen / tasted / smelled.
Woody tones, a certain sweetness (probably coming from amber) and light spice (probably coming from ambrette) in combination with the whiskey result for me the absolute best fragrance I have smelled so far. Many may perceive this combination as exhausting, annoying or strongly intrusive, but I had already fallen head over heels in love after the first spray of my bottling.

As for the durability & sillage, all that can be said is that the scent is very persistent.
I sprayed the fragrance on at 07:00 this morning (4 sprays, 1 of which was on the sweater) and at 15:45 I still notice it all the time.
I have heard from many that as soon as I enter a smaller room, Baraonda "stands" in that room. I got that comment 13 hours after spraying it on.
So you get what for your money, which is why I rated the price-performance ratio accordingly.

The fragrance can be summarized as follows:

B oozy
A mber
R aum-filling
A mbret
O lfactory experience
N asomatto's masterpiece
D uring
A tembering

I for one love this fragrance and really enjoy wearing it. Whether in the office, for me alone at home or at parties (should be sometime again which ;) )

Thank you for reading!
Nico202122
Beast fashion and simply exciting
Wow. That word actually describes this perfume perfectly.
I sprayed this scent and the intensity and the aromas just knock me off my feet.
About the fragrance: It is defenitively musky, I even find that there could be several different ones, due to the round appearance. What else do you smell?
Wood. Rose. Whiskey. Amber.
These 4 keywords describe the rest of these incredible fragrances actually perfectly. It is simply the best perfume from the house of Nasomatto, even before Pardon.
This fragrance is safe and balanced. So defenitively a blind buy! I can't imagine that someone doesn't like it, this scent blows everyone away. The Sillage and Projection is simply from another world, which is still perceptible up to 30 minutes after walking down a corridor If you want to attract attention and are looking for a sexy perfume, this is probably the best place for you.
Whenever I smell that smell, my receptors in my brain start going haywire. My head starts to tingle and you just want to smell it again. My absolute favourite scent, the ones I have smelled so far
tipsily nobility
An evening in the orangery, only the high nobility is allowed to sit here. Gilded candlesticks, mahogany tables. The atmosphere is good. In front of the door two cylinder bearers in a baroque coat are smoking a cigar. The smoke does not reach the society inside. The host rolls a golden shimmering oak barrel over the noble floor. The men appreciate this grand gesture with cheers. Massive, crystalline glasses with elaborate decoration are distributed on the nobly set tables.
Everybody knows: Now the noblest drop you can get is served.

It's gonna be a great night. Social gatherings stay together until dawn. High-noble habits become easy conversations. Manners disappear, but it doesn't become vulgar. Nobility remains nobility, and that doesn't change. Tipsy, we go home. It was great. Thanks, Baraonda!

The first scent that completely knocks me out. I have never smelled anything so brilliant, appealing and perfect. Whisky and honey in breathtaking perfection. I am grateful to have a bottle of it now

stoke of brilliance
I got my first taste of Baraonda from a clone that was supposed to be just as good for a fraction of the price. In fact this clone was a gorgeous fragrance I fell in love with and I knew I had to get the real thing which I recently did and tested if just last night.

The fragrance opens with the most realistic whisky accord I've smelled, it's like splashing some Single Malt on yourself. As time goes by you start to get the wood notes more and more, this combined with the whisky accord gives a cask feel that is mouth watering for every whisky lover like myself. The woods grow stronger and you also get this ambery feel growing stronger and making the fragrance a little sweeter and spicier.

Performance and presentation are both top notch, I went to sleep at the 6hr mark and continued to smell myself until next day.

This is a top 5 fragrance for me, not a Nasomatto top 5 but an overall top 5, this is how much I loved it but then again, I'm a whisky lover so perhaps I am biased.
Sniffo
If the bottle justifies the purchase...
...then in my opinion, it can only be about a Nasomatto
But one thing at a time. I am a great friend of alcoholic scents. Be it Dark Rebel, various Kilian fragrances or Pure Malt from Mugler, all of them have an interesting and somehow unique character for me. If you smell them, you immediately get the desire to lean into the turmoil and fight the nights around your ears. At least that's how I feel. Especially Pure Malt is something I don't want to miss in my collection, because I like the affected whisky note very much (I would like to refer to my comment of Pure Malt).
However, it should go even better!
Nasomatto has been a brand for which I was only aware of the best known representative. However, I am still reluctant to test Black Afghano because of its alleged similarity to Gucci Intense Oud (my personal hate scent). More by chance I stumbled upon an offer for Baraonda.
Briefly checked the data. Sounds promising. Sample is bought!

So about the scent:
Baraonda starts as expected with whisky! And not too little of it. Seldom have I perceived such an authentic note in a perfume. One really has the feeling of sniffing an Irish whisky that has been matured for years in oak barrels, so intense that the nose hairs start to slurp.
Unfortunately the alcoholic note disappears quite quickly and makes room for a strong, caramel-like sweetness. This is accompanied by a deep woodiness. In the end, it is this wood note that remains on the skin.

The sillage of Baraonda is enormous. Especially directly after spraying the scent radiates like no other. Although it is an Extrait de Parfum, which should be rather close to the skin due to the low alcohol content. One splash is enough to take over the whole apartment within minutes (I do not live in a caravan). The scent also sticks to my clothes forever, fills the interior of my cupboards with tipsy cheerfulness and greets me even after the washing is done. I'm talking about the little bit that accidentally gets on my collar when I apply it.
The shelf life on the skin is ten hours. Under the right circumstances, even longer.

Baraonda is wearable for everyone, although I would classify it more masculine.
It will definitely be at its best during the cold months, due to its deep sweetness.
Due to its strong performance, you should definitely pay attention to the dosage, especially when you are indoors. One to a maximum of two sprays are enough to be clearly noticed.

The bottle fits Baraonda like the proverbial fist in the eye.
Minimalist like all Nasomatto flacons, with huge cork lid. Inside is a viscous yellowish liquid, very similar to whiskey.
The handy format makes it look very potent, which is undoubtedly the fragrance. An eye-catcher even in the niche segment
Conclusion: Baraonda was a fragrance for a long time again, which could really inspire me. I love its character. He is like a good, drunken friend: affectionate, extroverted and adventurous.
I actually liked it so much that I didn't even use up the sample, but ordered a bottle directly. Normally not my style Unfortunately it is impossible to wear it at the moment because of the heat. But one more reason to look forward to autumn, it definitely is.

LG Sniffo
DerDefcon
Whiskey and wood - a dreamlike interaction
Rumours of reformulation are often heard here at parfumo.de, and some of them are omnipresent, as are those about batch fluctuations and fears of quality collapses at certain fragrance houses. Of course, all this does not stop at Nasomatto and so you read more and more about the miserable shelf life of certain perfumes or a hardly or not at all existing silage. Whether there is any truth in all this, I can't answer for sure, but I am cheeky and come up with a little, maybe even a little provocative assumption by claiming that many noses simply adapt certain scents, especially the stronger ones, quickly. At least that's how it seems to me with "Baraonda". I myself only smell the scent quite weak after five to six hours. But when the relatives enter the house, they ask what I'm wearing again today. The smell is often said to be unpleasant, although I suspect that this is simply a defiant reaction to my perfume hobby. It was only two small spray bursts from the mini-sprayer - and not much comes out - that created such a cloud of scent. So "Baraonda" has not only fans, that much can be said in advance. But I like it and I like it a lot! Let me explain why that is so.

If this extract wets my two pulse points directly under my ears, I immediately hear a wonderfully authentic whiskey note. I have never smelled such a note in a perfume before. Truly, I know of many other fragrance houses that work with rum, brandy or whiskey, but not seldom were those olfactory imitations of alcoholic beverages of cheap or over-sweetened nature. "Jazz Club", for example, looked to me like a flaconed ashtray being tipped into the cheapest rum. And many a Kilian scent was so sweet and sticky that I feared I would suddenly become a type II diabetic. Fortunately, "Baraonda" does not have all these problems. Instead, a nice wood note is mixed in, which brings up images of a dark whiskey cellar with many old casks. These are the same pictures that you also get during various advertising campaigns. We simply skilfully ignore the fact that today's mass production of this spirit has long since ceased to take place in the classical way and is now mainly industrial. After all, we don't want to let our beautiful pictures be ruined, right?

In the end, that was it. Nasomatto offers a great combination of whiskey and wood to all those who are not averse to alcoholic notes in perfumes. Sweetness resonates here as well, but it's never too strong, never sticky or cheap. It's the natural sweetness that comes with that alcoholic beverage - perhaps enhanced by a minimal dose of honey, but I'm not sure. Alessandro Gualtieri has achieved something really great here.
"Baraonda" is strong - no doubt - but nevertheless suitable for everyday use, suitable for various occasions, warming and very cuddly.

MariaSMariaS 22 days ago
It’s an amazing boozy woody musky perfume but I find it quite masculine! It’s for cold weather only!!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 3 months ago
Boozy , vanillic and Guaic-wood ... A sexy perfume for cold weather.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
A cosy sweet boozy, creamy floral-fruity Gourmand, balanced by a warm and sweet resinous-woody base. Nice rum-dates-immortelle combo! Unisex
GolcherGolcher 7 months ago
I'm a whisky lover so I'm most likely biased but this is one of the most amazing frags I've ever worn. Cheers
Amazon1975Amazon1975 9 months ago
Massive boozy hit dries to a creamy woody sweetness..... absolutely amazing.
ItchynoseItchynose 1 year ago
Have you ever opened a bottle of red wine and smelled the moist pink end of the cork? That's Baraonda: boozy, realistic and beautiful.
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 2 years ago
Luv at first whiff! Sprayed a strip, left the store and came back within the hour to purchase it. Bought mine at Barneys in NYC.
AyhabibidAyhabibid 3 years ago
Sexy and cosy concotion.
AclapesAclapes 5 years ago
After the boozy opening, it reminds me of Intense cafe.

Vielen Dank an alle, die die Ruhe aus dem Wald mit ihren Worten begleiten.
by Bajro96
by Bajro96
Vielen Dank für eure Auszeichnungen und Kommentare:) Ich freue mich, dass ihr den Herbst genau so mögt wie ich.
by IrisNobile
by Golcher
by Golcher
Baraondark / Blackaonda
by Itchynose
nasomatto - baraonda : wenn ein duft dir immer wieder kurzzeitig alle weiteren sinne raubt - deine konzentration vereinnahmt - deine begeisterung bündelt...
...Träume...
by Felix2109
by Felix2109
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon
“Baraonda” from italian means “Confusion”.
by AromaPath
by ElComandante
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Nasomatto

Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto