Baraonda (2016)Extrait de Parfum

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Top 22 in Unisex Perfume
Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 31.07.2020.

Sniffo
If the bottle justifies the purchase...
...then in my opinion, it can only be about a Nasomatto
But one thing at a time. I am a great friend of alcoholic scents. Be it Dark Rebel, various Kilian fragrances or Pure Malt from Mugler, all of them have an interesting and somehow unique character for me. If you smell them, you immediately get the desire to lean into the turmoil and fight the nights around your ears. At least that's how I feel. Especially Pure Malt is something I don't want to miss in my collection, because I like the affected whisky note very much (I would like to refer to my comment of Pure Malt).
However, it should go even better!
Nasomatto has been a brand for which I was only aware of the best known representative. However, I am still reluctant to test Black Afghano because of its alleged similarity to Gucci Intense Oud (my personal hate scent). More by chance I stumbled upon an offer for Baraonda.
Briefly checked the data. Sounds promising. Sample is bought!

So about the scent:
Baraonda starts as expected with whisky! And not too little of it. Seldom have I perceived such an authentic note in a perfume. One really has the feeling of sniffing an Irish whisky that has been matured for years in oak barrels, so intense that the nose hairs start to slurp.
Unfortunately the alcoholic note disappears quite quickly and makes room for a strong, caramel-like sweetness. This is accompanied by a deep woodiness. In the end, it is this wood note that remains on the skin.

The sillage of Baraonda is enormous. Especially directly after spraying the scent radiates like no other. Although it is an Extrait de Parfum, which should be rather close to the skin due to the low alcohol content. One splash is enough to take over the whole apartment within minutes (I do not live in a caravan). The scent also sticks to my clothes forever, fills the interior of my cupboards with tipsy cheerfulness and greets me even after the washing is done. I'm talking about the little bit that accidentally gets on my collar when I apply it.
The shelf life on the skin is ten hours. Under the right circumstances, even longer.

Baraonda is wearable for everyone, although I would classify it more masculine.
It will definitely be at its best during the cold months, due to its deep sweetness.
Due to its strong performance, you should definitely pay attention to the dosage, especially when you are indoors. One to a maximum of two sprays are enough to be clearly noticed.

The bottle fits Baraonda like the proverbial fist in the eye.
Minimalist like all Nasomatto flacons, with huge cork lid. Inside is a viscous yellowish liquid, very similar to whiskey.
The handy format makes it look very potent, which is undoubtedly the fragrance. An eye-catcher even in the niche segment
Conclusion: Baraonda was a fragrance for a long time again, which could really inspire me. I love its character. He is like a good, drunken friend: affectionate, extroverted and adventurous.
I actually liked it so much that I didn't even use up the sample, but ordered a bottle directly. Normally not my style Unfortunately it is impossible to wear it at the moment because of the heat. But one more reason to look forward to autumn, it definitely is.

LG Sniffo
DerDefcon
Whiskey and wood - a dreamlike interaction
Rumours of reformulation are often heard here at parfumo.de, and some of them are omnipresent, as are those about batch fluctuations and fears of quality collapses at certain fragrance houses. Of course, all this does not stop at Nasomatto and so you read more and more about the miserable shelf life of certain perfumes or a hardly or not at all existing silage. Whether there is any truth in all this, I can't answer for sure, but I am cheeky and come up with a little, maybe even a little provocative assumption by claiming that many noses simply adapt certain scents, especially the stronger ones, quickly. At least that's how it seems to me with "Baraonda". I myself only smell the scent quite weak after five to six hours. But when the relatives enter the house, they ask what I'm wearing again today. The smell is often said to be unpleasant, although I suspect that this is simply a defiant reaction to my perfume hobby. It was only two small spray bursts from the mini-sprayer - and not much comes out - that created such a cloud of scent. So "Baraonda" has not only fans, that much can be said in advance. But I like it and I like it a lot! Let me explain why that is so.

If this extract wets my two pulse points directly under my ears, I immediately hear a wonderfully authentic whiskey note. I have never smelled such a note in a perfume before. Truly, I know of many other fragrance houses that work with rum, brandy or whiskey, but not seldom were those olfactory imitations of alcoholic beverages of cheap or over-sweetened nature. "Jazz Club", for example, looked to me like a flaconed ashtray being tipped into the cheapest rum. And many a Kilian scent was so sweet and sticky that I feared I would suddenly become a type II diabetic. Fortunately, "Baraonda" does not have all these problems. Instead, a nice wood note is mixed in, which brings up images of a dark whiskey cellar with many old casks. These are the same pictures that you also get during various advertising campaigns. We simply skilfully ignore the fact that today's mass production of this spirit has long since ceased to take place in the classical way and is now mainly industrial. After all, we don't want to let our beautiful pictures be ruined, right?

In the end, that was it. Nasomatto offers a great combination of whiskey and wood to all those who are not averse to alcoholic notes in perfumes. Sweetness resonates here as well, but it's never too strong, never sticky or cheap. It's the natural sweetness that comes with that alcoholic beverage - perhaps enhanced by a minimal dose of honey, but I'm not sure. Alessandro Gualtieri has achieved something really great here.
"Baraonda" is strong - no doubt - but nevertheless suitable for everyday use, suitable for various occasions, warming and very cuddly.

DarkWinterCS
God has bequeathed us a spray head - and Nasomatto has given us a great smell
In this commentary I definitely have to take a different approach than in other reviews. Of course I had tested the fragrance before I bought it. But before this one, I didn't have a Nasomatto in my collection. I had already noticed that the bottles of the brand should be very high quality, so I was looking forward to my fragrance mail all the more What happened after unpacking and the first test of the complete bottle was not only the best sprayer experience I ever had. It was like a new world of experiencing scents
I've never seen a spray head like Nasomatto's. Such a qualitative spraying result can only be wished for as a fragrance fan and at the same time one wonders why not all high quality brands trust in such spray heads.
It's not just a spray, it's a celebration. The bottle celebrates inside that the user is using these fragrances. Such a long and persistent spray, such a finely dispersed mist that envelops the neck. A true revelation ! That's why the 2 sprays are enough
Now we come to the fragrance itself. Here I bridle the horse from behind. The sillage and durability are already over the top on my skin, because the skin-near durability is loosely over 12 hours at my neck. My self-perception is also easily 10 hours. Especially during the first 8 hours the silage is still so present that I still have the scent in my nose when turning my head. I have rarely experienced such a good combination of sillage and durability. Even my beautiful gourmands Black Phantom and Noir Extreme don't come along for a long time.

The aromas of the fragrance are also something for connoisseurs. Not a gourmand, but a fragrance that is very digestible for a gourmand nose. When I first tested the fragrance, Herod immediately shot me in the head. Because the first spraying also has this moist tobacco note and delicate spiciness. But while Herod's scent becomes much more spicy, this Nasomatto is quite different. Because it remains in its orientation on the Cuban trip of a bar in Havana.
I imagine a dark matured rum with its soft aromas of roasted barrel and delicate vanilla already rising from the glass. Slightly alcoholic, slightly vanilla, slightly spicy. In addition a master of the Cohiba, who rolls his masterly cigars next door and still dries the tobacco leaves outside. Not a smoky jazz club, but a holiday in the Caribbean.

I'm still speechless. Because both the fragrance and the bottle go beyond some of the limits that I knew before. The fragrance is not the firework of inspiration, but the perfection of the desired alignment and thus for me still in a different league than e.g. the Herod. Therefore I have to change this scent into a 10 instead of the 9,5, which I had given away.
Sinairq
Daily Greetings the whiskey bottle or also : " Scottish Highlands" for your pocket
Baraonda - Unrest / Tumult, a name that somehow doesn't fit at all to what was presented to me when I pressed the spray head for the first time, or else ?

Wet autumn day and I got the blues Hangovering on the couch, finally open the package from AlzD.
Short flashbacks from yesterday.

So special, glowing bright.
Learned at parties then, skin so white, hair so red and scars on the arms,
Cigarette butt in our hands, while we somehow lost our breath in the cold rain,
first it was silent glances, then loud laughter.
Much too loud, much too colourful to fit somehow.

A short look out of the window :

Outside, the world is dying before my eyes The sky is grey and cold, green becomes yellow to red,
Wide empty field, leaves in the wind, I feel dead.

God, why do people drink at all when the morning after is so unbearably shitty ?
Red with rage, green with envy and blue with booze, shit.
Now here on the couch so alone I just feel sorry for myself But maybe it's also the weather Plop, plop, tok, tok, tok, tok. I turn the view from my meanwhile opened package again to the window......it's raining.

I lift the box out of the package, open it and a small glimmer of light caught in clear glass, tamed by wood sparkles at me Hey you little punk, we're getting to know each other now. Whiskey for the nose after such a night can only be as good as a cool counterculture
I take off the wooden cap, which lies comfortably in my hand, activate the atomizer and feel better ?
Not necessarily because of the alcoholic note that definitely plays an engaging role, but it resonates so much more. Somehow a bit of joie de vivre and freshness. Apple plantations in late summer, bare feet rushing through wet grass, tree houses, playgrounds and children's laughter.
Baraonda is not the sort of commotion I expected Nothing harsh and dissonant. No heavy metal, no demonstration, no streetraveal commotion It's more like a family celebration with the loved ones, my heart is going crazy
A documentary about Scotland flickers across the TV screen while I have my nose glued to my wrist : " The Highlands is by far the largest region in Scotland both in area and in whisky production. This massive area has over 30 distilleries on the mainland. Region characteristics: "fruity, sweet, spicy, malty"

Oh, so that's how it is, I guess, and keep on sniffing.
Baraonda remains pleasing, incredibly pleasant and fragrant.
Boozy, but soft and suitable for everyday use. Slightly sweet, but not unpleasantly sticky.
I dusk away on the couch, while pictures of sunlit wide fields flicker across the screen.
When I wake up again, it smells heavenly, at first slightly confused but indeterminately happy, I sit up.
Breathe in deeply through the nose and out through the mouth, jep Baraonda is still there and has felt half the room filled.
Light sunrays fall through the window, the sky is blue and clear for a moment I smile

Baraonda Review
I have had a decant of this for quite some time and am most familiar with this more than any other from the house of Nasomatto. It has become very popular in the couple of years since its release, and here is my take on the boozy Baraonda. Thank you.

Whiskey in the Jar
Wow, I tried the Baraonda once. And as I tried it, it turned out there was quite a lot of whiskey in it. But one by one.
Alaska?

Okay, I got the scent from the lovely Leonessa I greet here. Thanks for rehearsing, I sprayed these on myself once. It's not like I've been fogging a full pot, a habsch not.
I've got maybe 4, but who's counting, right? Hihi

Yeah, at least there was one in the trash first. So there was Abfel. Lots of rubbish. And then the Whiksy came along. Single malt and full bottle. No shit now. Strine whisky, I like.

What's the matter? Slippers off? Wait a minute, I'm not finished
Watch your step. Here we go on. Where'd I go? Oh, yeah, look out. The Whiksymixer mixes the Wixksi in the whisky bar. Whiskey mixer Willi mixes whiskey in the dense spruce thicket, in the dense spruce thicket mixes whiskey mixer Willi Whiskey.
Kennse? Canish flawless. Ice hockey? You're looking funny. You go ahead. The Wihsky mixer mixes the whisky with the whisky mixer, but if the whiskey mixer mixes without MIxer whisky, all mix tricks don't help.
A movie? There's one left. Is it a hallway? It's so late. Whatever. I'll tell you the end.

When everything smells like whisky and apple, you get another cake. It just gets sweeter, abba the Whixxi remains. Imma. He's always there. Yes isser.
What's the matter with you? Hasso grasp? I'll just explain here how the perfume smells.

And as I smell it, I discover tobacco. Ernstgaft now. I'm snake here, that you can believe me.
It's just like when Omma makes a slippery rum in a cake and Oppa smokes feife.
Shall we sing something?

SUSAAAAAANAAAA...SUSAAAAANAAAA...im crazy loving youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Ne doesn't belong here, then the others scold again. hihi-

And it might last. Like Pattex.

You guys are great. I wanted to tell you imma that I really like you guys. And as you can see. You're all so pretty, you really look good, I wanted to tell you. I've never said that before, but you're really beautiful. Except the one there, that's ugly, but pssssst. hihi
Oh, that's nice.

If we all smelled Baracuda sonar, it'd be a party. Can one carry also only there glaubsch.

So Whiksi, Abfel and cake, oh and here Zabak. Abba Tack Tack. Can you remember that, can you? Anaconda is a horny stuff. That really impregnated me. Oh, and smoke, too. Hatter, too. I almost forgot. I Schussel.
k, habta everything?

Schoolligation to the physicians among you. Today we're free of the liver. Hihi

That's how you heard me so far, isn't it? Can anyone tell me vietnam send button is going? *Hicks*

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh

QWERTZ

P.S. now I had to repost nomma..wa kaputt

Hurrah for booze!
In the hedonistic downward spiral that is the Nasomatto collection –the tempting chocolate of Pardon, the intoxicating hashish of Black Afgano– Baraonda seems to be the chapter dedicated to the old inebriating tipple.

Here is a very boozy fragrance that immediately conjures up dark rose petals drenched in liquor resting at the bottom of a whiskey tumbler. There is aromatic ambrette to help numb the senses and some wood to give the scent a sober touch but all these elements are swimming in the realistic, prominent and long lasting alcoholic note. The final clue is the cap itself hinting at the real inspiration for this great juice: a moist cork wine stopper.

This is an unapologetic tribute to an elegant drink and an incredibly beautiful fragrance. I raise my glass to it.
UhrMensch
Play it Sam. Play "as time goes by".
Baraonda is my "as time goes by". The scent brings back memories. To Scotland, to my youth, to Edinburgh, to my friends who were travelling with their backpacks at that time, to the whisky distilleries... Baraonda works like a good old whisky.

But that's not where it stops. Baraonda brings me along from the memories into something new, pleasant, warm-well. Baraonda is a golden, soft, velvety scented coat that nestles around my shoulders. Baraonda has come home and put on slippers.

A completely successful late autumn and winter perfume for me, which should have been tested. With gourmand notes, malt notes, possibly a little vanilla... and still not sweet.

Thanks for reading, which always smells good,
Lars
Hendrikmainz
Nasomatto & me, or the perfect autumn scent
You can maybe read it out... nasomatto and I was/is often a love-hate! Often overpresented, Sillage monstrous. But for me often also fascinating! Nevertheless, not always for everyday use, precisely because of that "massiveness".
Baraonda is different, at least partly, but for me a wonderful autumn scent! The previous speakers have talked about memories in whiskey distilleries, and I can't have a say in that. I've never been to one, and it's not necessarily my drink. Still, there are ups and downs! I can separate there quite a few flavours, but am a layman!
If a whiskey smelled or tasted like that, I might tend to be addicted to alcohol. Which, of course, I consider to be extremely difficult job-wise;)
My association with this fragrance goes hand in hand with some of the previous speakers.
It's "appley," slightly sweet, but not heavy, sweet... or annoying in some way. Simply beautiful! And then there's peaty, alcoholic. But very charming!!
To the bottle: I like the Nasomattos and the cork lid fits like ass on buckets!
Sillage, quite good!!
Durability: with me straight 2-digit, without loss.

Guys, buy this!!! Big cinema for me!!
Novalis
...Whisky/ey, Blended or Single Malt...
Now Alessandro Gualtieri is known for creating extravagant scents or is it better to split the scene or to revive it or even to animate people to go new ways? I guess you could say that. Also in charge of another fragrance house: Orto Parisi, for which he also creates.

For a long time a fragrance didn't bother me as much as this candidate.

Why?

It's something completely new that hasn't been seen before. At least I didn't get anything like that in the nose from perfumes. But I already know the scents, from the gastronomy. Waas?, some will say now, but.

Now our whole lives are marked by associations. Our brain constantly suggests or compares things to us. In cloud formations we take faces war or other objects. Only we really see it? Yes it can be, but it is rather our brain that tries to recognize something known in something unknown.? This is similar to the sightings of the legendary Bigfoot in North America or the Yeti in the Himalayas. Some swear to have seen him, others think he is a bear who, when they stand up, suggests to us exactly what we think they see or what seems similar, namely a monkey-like creature.

So what are we being pretended to be here?
I associate this fragrance with spirits to become more concrete: With whiskey/y but also with port wine or sherry.

In whiskey/y production there are now two processes. The pot-still and the patent-still method, whereby the first one has prevailed more - with the Irish (whiskey) even exclusively.

In the pot-still process, the distillations are carried out in two independent firing processes in two copper boilers (pot-still). The mash is placed in the wort bubble, where it is distilled for the first time. The alcoholic vapours are liquefied via the condenser. The resulting product, the predatory spirit, is collected in a container and has an alcohol content of approx. 30 % by volume. The predatory rim is added to the alcohol bubble and distilled there a second time. Subsequently condensed again, whereby the pre- and post-run are separated out. Only the middle course, the core, gets into the collection container. The Pot-still process provides alcohol of better quality than the Patent-still process. However, the alcohol content is lower. One thing, however, the Irish hardly use at all, namely peat for firing. Occasionally possibly, but the norm does not predefine it. Whereby we have to spill over to Scotland with this masterpiece after allJ?

Now we can only argue about what is really better. A classic single malt or a blended? Many say: "Of course a single malt!" I'd rather say a high-quality blended!

What's the matter with you? Getting a perfect, harmonious blended scotch is probably the real art, but everyone likes it. A blended can contain between 15-50 different malts. I would therefore say that this is a huge challenge.
But back to the scent:

So what do we have in common so far?

At Seniore Gualtieri, we are certain that we offer the best quality in ingredients, we have an excellent perfumer, who we would/will include in the master distillery of blended distillers in any case, because he has combined all the wonderful ingredients into a breathtaking fragrance. And that only from the said core.

Imagine the stark landscape in the Highlands. A harsh climate, but beautiful.

The fragrance begins with a breathtaking richness of facets: immediately one has fruity port notes paired with wood notes in the nose. But who thinks now comes Oud, Sandalwood and Co. was wrong. We're talking here about the said wooden barrel notes (Single Malt at the moment prefers to be stored in port wine barrels and old sherry barrels). A permanent cork note is added. Not in a negative sense, of course, like a corked wine. This consists of the bark of the so-called cork oak, which becomes quite scarce when added. The fragrance gains a wonderful peat note over time, as many single malts do at the moment.

It is not really the classic scent in the form of a pyramid of scents to be recognized, rather some friends join from time to time, leave the group again or develop further. It is a perfect interplay of cork, wood barrel notes, possibly some cardamom and cloves but not over the complete distance. After approx. one hour I notice a light caramel note. A slightly leathery undertone is also visible. A short part of the way I perceive vanilla, which is then replaced by a nice honey note. Here it smells like the beautiful honey candles you made yourself as children. At the end there are still some chocolaty nuances, all wonderfully embedded in the three groundbreaking components (peat, fruity wood notes and cork).

Truly a masterpiece...

ItchynoseItchynose 9 months ago
Have you ever opened a bottle of red wine and smelled the moist pink end of the cork? That's Baraonda: boozy, realistic and beautiful.
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 17 months ago
Luv at first whiff! Sprayed a strip, left the store and came back within the hour to purchase it. Bought mine at Barneys in NYC.
AyhabibidAyhabibid 3 years ago
Sexy and cosy concotion.
AclapesAclapes 4 years ago
After the boozy opening, it reminds me of Intense cafe.

Vielen Dank an alle, die die Ruhe aus dem Wald mit ihren Worten begleiten.
by ChopIsland
Vielen Dank für eure Auszeichnungen und Kommentare:) Ich freue mich, dass ihr den Herbst genau so mögt wie ich.
by Scottie
by Escentric
Baraondark / Blackaonda
by Itchynose
by Fedaie
nasomatto - baraonda : wenn ein duft dir immer wieder kurzzeitig alle weiteren sinne raubt - deine konzentration vereinnahmt - deine begeisterung bündelt...
...Träume...
by tIgerknurren
by ElComandante
by ElComandante

Popular Nasomatto

Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto