Baraonda 2016 Extrait de Parfum

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Top 22 in Unisex Perfume
Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by TheDrake, last update on 15.09.2021.

Whiskylicious !
There has been a little since I had tried some decants on my closet. Last week after my last acquisition I looked up something to sense the play again.

Since first time I tried Baraonda I never hesitated this one will become one of my tops fragances but I never did find an occation to do it or maybe because I was ussing some boring day to day fragances.
This is sweet enough to enjoy, unique as none and the perfect quality. The only reason this jewel doesnt has to much hype is beacuse the price point. This guy doesn't need to be boisterous because that is no the message doesn't be different and Baraonda is elegant by himself

Into the niche world I consider this one as one of the best!!. Maybe I have a slant because one of my favorites during years was Pure Malt by Mulger but my nose and my mind are the same that are writting now and the only I have.

Thanks Alessandro!
Sweet punch for autumn
"Yes, rich," I think as I take three sprays of this potion, but only skin deep, or whatever you call it. It hits me so some and all around me a wave of characterful smells spills into the room.
What stands out is the sweetness. It is latently there, has the upper hand in any case and pours out unrestrained. It seems to come from all sorts of velvety fruit: Plums perhaps, quinces perhaps, apricots, sloes, pears, dark berries perhaps. That it is nevertheless not a classic juicy fruit scent is thanks to the tart impact. It flickers and showers alcoholically under the layer of fruit, so it never becomes smooth or tuttifruttiquietsch. Together, it makes for a sugary, yet somehow adult melange. It doesn't remind me of hard whiskey as much as many here feel, though. To me, it's more of a thick punch that's been sitting for a while and is very well aged, so to speak. I also barely detect any wood, like the cask often mentioned here. To preface something of my opinion: Maybe that's what this fragrance lacks a bit. A creaky contrast would have done well to the hodgepodge of fully ripe fruit. There's already a slight twist in that direction, especially close to the skin, but in the vibe of the scent there could easily be more edge, I think. A richer, perhaps smoky darkening would have stood the fragrance very well.
"Baraonda" triggers something, anyway. The buzzy fruity notes are blended so exceptionally beautifully that a deep breath definitely evokes a strong feeling in me. This fragrance is strengthening, nourishing and robust. It is a fragrance like autumn. Deep colors, melancholic undertone, suggestively raw. And yet perhaps not rough enough to really carry me away. Maybe the edition "Baraonda dark woods essence" will come out again. Since I'm then the first in line.
Until then: Much respect for the perfume, but no final "yes".
Luxury in a bottle
This fragrance is everything you can imagine a luxurious fragrance.

Not only the Perfomance plays quite in front, but also the interaction of the fragrance components.
Everything here is high quality and artistically highlighted. Whether it is the flacon in connection with the spray head, which creates a very nice spray or the lid of the composite cork.

The scent is full of fruity berries and has something woody, reminiscent of a good single malt. It smells very luxurious. The fragrance is always present and has a room filling sillage.

It's hard not to like this fragrance, everyone found it good so far addressed.

Smellavision
Top notch booze and smoke composition...
The opening is a realistic smooth whisky/rum accord with a hint of berries or brandy soaked raisins. The heart is mainly consisting of ashes and smoke, probably from the labdanum/ambrette. In the drydown I get woody notes with ambery ambroxan, burnt tonka, maybe immortelle and even the slightest hint of coffee. In between the heartnotes and basenotes morph back and forth.

Projection is above average but longevity is excellent, 12 hours+. I only find it turning sweet in the drydown, but not as feminine as others are stating. more on the masculine side.

The only downside is I'd find it hard using in an office or other public working scenarios - apart from that really a piece of art.
Moscow-Petushki
Allessandro Gualtieri, has decided to create a new Nasomatto fragrance after reading the book, "MOSCOW PETUSHKI". This belongs to the underground literature of the Soviet era by the Russian writer Venedict Erofeev and is a pseudo-autobiographical work by an alcoholic about alcoholics and alcohol.
Very colorfully written, philosophical, with a lot of details depicting the aesthetics of alcoholism. The main character of the book advises how to make cocktails out of drugs, beer, cologne and nail polish. Mainly men drink anything that can intoxicate them: from shoe polish to cheap eau de toilette.

Did Gualtieri intend perfume-drinking to make degraded men more comfortable??? History is silent on that.

Baraonda is an alcoholic aroma, but its theme is based on much nobler drinks: whisky and port.
Whisky says goodbye pretty soon, though, giving way to a sweet and rich port in whose aroma I can trace nuances of dried apples and plums. The woody part of the composition is inseparable from the wine and continues it. It develops the motif of a wine barrel and brings a warm and slightly animalic tone, again supported by ambroxan.
The best part of the scent doesn't have much staying power and disappears from my wrist after about 4 hours. In the base remains sweet-fruity-woody tone, which is barely noticeable after 6 hours of spraying.

Conclusion:
Baraonda is inferior to the slut - China White, which is much kinkier and more attractive to me.

I would like to thank IrisNobile, who sent me a sample of Baraonda

AromaPath
Little drop of "Need you now"
I used to love listening hit made by Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now". After first sprays of this scent I thought that scene from that video clip was perfectly done for advertisement of "Baraonda". It is little bit on pricy side, but if you have chance to order "The God Father" by Alexandria Fragrances, you will be in great luck to get it for very decent price. Their pyramids are almost identical. Whisky + Ambroxan + Rose are the top 3 notes that hunts you for hours. Very boozy, woody and masculine fragrance. I love wearing "Treson La Nuit Nude" by Lancome and see ambroxan very similar with these two perfumes, but I can't see myself wearing "Baraonda". I'm my opinion, whisky notes are little bit overpowering for feminine scent. It is more dreamy, distant experience, that you only want to encounter, but you never will. This house makes surprising fragrances and “Baraonda” is one of them, it will confuse you for a minute, but it's full of character, boldness and longevity that lasts for hours. Be moderate on your applications. One drop is enough to make a statement.
Hedonism in a bottle
Baraonda smells like pure hedonism to me.... Nihilism... he smells unhealthy.
but just on life's side of seduction and abysmalness.
Drinks, drugs, smoking, platonic sex and good music.
A surreal, unreal world... Synthetic yet true.
These contrasts make life interesting, versatile and make us appreciate.

Mats38
Will you stay for a drink?
The story.
It was late evening. The moon was already reflecting on the water in the lake near the bungalow, shining through the large picture windows into the living room. He went to his house bar, opened the two wooden doors and took out two crystal whiskey tumblers. He then carefully placed two large, crystal ice cubes in the glasses and carefully poured the whiskey over them. They reminisced about the memories they had shared. The later it got, the more intimate the mood became...

The scent.
It is quite similar to the story for me:

The Opening. It impresses with the best alcoholic note known to me, accompanied by a pleasant creaminess. It is slightly underpinned by a light espresso, minimal but perceptible,

The Change. As in history, Baraonda is also changing. The whiskey takes a back seat, the creaminess becomes a little sweeter and takes over. The longer it develops, the more it radiates a pleasant warmth. Like in front of a fireplace, but without the burnt smell.

Finally, once again in clear words: a dreamlike fragrance. Surely not everyone's cup of tea, but testing is worth it! For me, definitely not an all-rounder, but clearly signature candidate for the evening. The scent just fits too much to a date at the bar. Durability top, silage perceptible, but not extreme. Recommendable!

Ptsau
A different kind of booze!
I always love boozy scents but all the boozy fragrances in my collection are all sweet gourmandy boozy (Enigma, Black Phantom, Side Effect, and Angels Share) but Baraonda is something different. It’s dry woody kind of boozy. It smells so good and unique. I bought a full bottle right after I tested for the first time. Great performance with 10+ hours on my skin and moderate but not big projection. It projects about 2 feet for the first 4-5 hours then become skin scent at 6 hour mark. It’s unique so not blind buy safe but strongly recommend to try a sample of it.
Whiskey vs. coffee
That's how fast it goes...

At the latest when I ordered a bunker bottle of Baraonda (my current still has about 20ml content) at a great offer, I knew that Golden Dallah by Xerjoff will no longer long adorn my profile as a signature fragrance.

As always, I would like to say something about the bottle and packaging first.
Of all the Nasomattos, I like the bottle design the best with Baraonda, as the theme was extremely well hit here.
It is, as already said, a wooden-boozy fragrance and what fits better than a lid made of cork?
About the outer packaging can be argued, because it does not really look high quality to me. The idea with the travel lid, however, has been implemented great, which ensures that you can always enjoy his Nasomattos even when traveling, without the risk of damaging / losing the fantastic lid.

Also worth mentioning and praising is the spray head. I own 5 Zoologist bottles and there the spray head is already the hammer. Nasomatto tops that, however, again around the double. A long, sustained spray that releases a very fine fragrance mist.
The madness!

To the fragrance:

I'm a big fan of alcohol in perfumes and so I get my money's worth with the whiskey & rum notes here.

Baraonda starts with an extremely authentic whiskey note, which I have yet to enjoy in any fragrance as I have in Alessandro Gualtieri's masterpiece. Of course, there are many fragrance houses that work with rum, brandy & whiskey, however, I have not been able to find a fragrance that conveys this note as authentically as Baraonda. Many other fragrances simply become too sweet or the synthetics come out too strongly.
Nasomatto puts the wearer and bystanders in the middle of the production of the finest whiskey the world has ever seen / tasted / smelled.
Woody tones, a certain sweetness (probably coming from amber) and light spice (probably coming from ambrette) in combination with the whiskey result for me the absolute best fragrance I have smelled so far. Many may perceive this combination as exhausting, annoying or strongly intrusive, but I had already fallen head over heels in love after the first spray of my bottling.

As for the durability & sillage, all that can be said is that the scent is very persistent.
I sprayed the fragrance on at 07:00 this morning (4 sprays, 1 of which was on the sweater) and at 15:45 I still notice it all the time.
I have heard from many that as soon as I enter a smaller room, Baraonda "stands" in that room. I got that comment 13 hours after spraying it on.
So you get what for your money, which is why I rated the price-performance ratio accordingly.

The fragrance can be summarized as follows:

B oozy
A mber
R aum-filling
A mbret
O lfactory experience
N asomatto's masterpiece
D uring
A tembering

I for one love this fragrance and really enjoy wearing it. Whether in the office, for me alone at home or at parties (should be sometime again which ;) )

Thank you for reading!

Blako11Blako11 4 months ago
Se le nota el Whisky pero se mantiene en un plano sutil que empuja al resto de notas a alcanzar el equilibrio perfecto. Obra de arte.
MariaSMariaS 6 months ago
It’s an amazing boozy woody musky perfume but I find it quite masculine! It’s for cold weather only!!
Shafkat82Shafkat82 8 months ago
Boozy , vanillic and Guaic-wood ... A sexy perfume for cold weather.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
A cosy sweet boozy, creamy floral-fruity Gourmand, balanced by a warm and sweet resinous-woody base. Nice rum-dates-immortelle combo! Unisex
GolcherGolcher 1 year ago
I'm a whisky lover so I'm most likely biased but this is one of the most amazing frags I've ever worn. Cheers
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
Massive boozy hit dries to a creamy woody sweetness..... absolutely amazing.
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Have you ever opened a bottle of red wine and smelled the moist pink end of the cork? That's Baraonda: boozy, realistic and beautiful.
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 3 years ago
Luv at first whiff! Sprayed a strip, left the store and came back within the hour to purchase it. Bought mine at Barneys in NYC.
AyhabibidAyhabibid 4 years ago
Sexy and cosy concotion.
AclapesAclapes 5 years ago
After the boozy opening, it reminds me of Intense cafe.

Vielen Dank an alle, die die Ruhe aus dem Wald mit ihren Worten begleiten.
by Bajro96
by Bajro96
Vielen Dank für eure Auszeichnungen und Kommentare:) Ich freue mich, dass ihr den Herbst genau so mögt wie ich.
by IrisNobile
by GewoonBB
by GewoonBB
by FelixLeipzig
by FelixLeipzig
nasomatto - baraonda : wenn ein duft dir immer wieder kurzzeitig alle weiteren sinne raubt - deine konzentration vereinnahmt - deine begeisterung bündelt...
by Royalo
by Felix2109
by Felix2109
by Schaumdon
by Schaumdon
“Baraonda” from italian means “Confusion”.
by AromaPath
by ElComandante
by DanyPereyra
by DanyPereyra

Popular Nasomatto

Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto