Black Afgano 2009Extrait de Parfum

Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Top 47 in Unisex Perfume
Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.10.2020.

"Black afgano" is a name for a variety of hashish.

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago

„Green & dark incense”

Black afgano is one ofnthe darkest fragances i know .. but at the same time is sweet and balsámic. For my nose the most noticeable note is the incense. On my skin...
TinctureallTinctureall 7 years ago

„Stick your nose in the chillum bowl....”

....and don't take it out until tomorrow. A hard hitting, uncompromising beast. Upon application, a smoky tar brush jumps up and paints the whole...

Pot Head Poseur
Black Afgano is meant to smell like hash.
It's been described as 'a quest to arouse the effects of temporary bliss', a piece of nonsence clearly written by somebody who's never pulled on a roach.
Black Afgano does smell hash-like but it's a perfumey rendition of the thick, dark green, bitter-resiny smell of black. It may smell like hash, fair enough, but it absolutely doesn't smell like the feel of getting stoned; it's patently absurd to equate the smell of a drug with it's effects.
And if it's 'temporary bliss' your'e after, I imagine Cuir de Russie or Silences or even La Nuit would ravish a perfumista more than this lumpen affair.
Black Afgano resembles Eau Fortis (2013), as many have said, but somehow I've never associated cannabis with the Liquides Imaginaires version. The power of suggestion perhaps?
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then Black Afgano must have something going for it I suppose... But the biggest problem isn't the machismo feel, or, that Black Afgano smells like a muscle-head posing as a Pot Head, it's the fact that it's rather pointless. Copying a smell from nature and calling it a fine perfume is artistically redundant.
What's more, with the power of big pharma getting behind the (medical) cannabis trade, it's possible that, in a few years from now, if you want to smell like black hash you can just make a tincture of the real thing and spray it on, safe in the knowledge that the Drug Squad isn't going to come and bust in your door. In such a case this sort of Bad Boy will become redundant too, because it's only the thrill of contraband that gives this scent it's specious appeal.
I thought people stopped doing nature identical scents 100 years ago, evidently not.

eBay decant
Ngizzy
Not who I thought you were...
Yes guys, one of my first niche fragrances, and at a time when I had less than a church mouse. My story with Black Afgano began at the age of 17 one night, when I was totally drunk on my way home and entered the almost empty bus. A sillage pricked through my nose directly into my brain, so intense that I almost stopped halfway to my seat as if paralyzed. WHAT IS THIS? I asked myself the question and looked around desperately looking for the wearer of this scent. There were only a handful of people on the bus and I could not expect any of them to do such a thing. I felt I was being led around by the nose and was even so desperate by this oppressively dark cloud of scent that I looked upside down under the seats. Like such a hectic croissant I looked to the left, right, up, down, criss-crossed. One could see that you were slowly but surely cultivating the idea that you had no business on the bus at this time of day. All were off the hook for me except for one, the bus driver. It definitely came from the front, but I would never have thought that a bus driver with this appearance would have such an individual taste. (NoFront) I went step by step to Him in front and became more and more sure, this is the culprit. The evidence spoke for itself. This dark, resinous, oriental-wooden boost, which kept poking through my nasal cavities into my thinking organ, seduced me in such a way, as no "drug" before.

I said to him, "Excuse me, uh... what's that scent you're wearing?" And he just looked to the side in surprise and said, "Watts? Yeah, you have no idea... did is mmhh... "Wait, did is Afgan... Afganoo or sooo.. I just said: "Where... Where can I buy it?" And the bus driver again: "Well, I have no idea, my wife has no idea where she got it from." For that moment I was both angry and amazed. Angry because this man was so uncharming and therefore said about a fragrance that meant everything to me at that moment. Amazed, because I thought, how can such an unimpressive man carry such a work of art on himself and then not even really know what it is. I didn't know if he was pretending to be cool or if he really seemed so dumb, because it couldn't be, I mean, didn't he smell what I smelled? Okey it was not only the art but also what this scent had done to this man and with this man. No other scent remained so positive in my thoughts as this one. Nobody wearing Black Afgano had such a fantastic scent like this irreverent bus driver. Sorry for my anger in my stomach, but it's all coming back to me now...

The next day I called the Kadewe, because I knew of course that neither Harbeck, Diamant nor Douglas would have such a wicked scent in their assortment. A young lady answered the phone and almost took away my hope by saying that you don't carry this scent here, but I might have a chance in a small perfume shop in Bleibtreustraße right next to the S-Bahn station Savignyplatz. "BelleRebelle" was the name of this small but nice store.

I, still green behind the ears and with a virgin nose on my way to the store, jumped in with a kind of euphoria, but still with a tingling feeling and saw bottles on the shelves, fragrances whose names I couldn't even read, let alone pronounce. A mature attractive woman came out of the back office and greeted me with a gentle and slightly offbeat manner. She was so gentle and relaxed that she cast a spell over me. Actually I only wanted to buy the scent and leave again, but she philosophized me so fully and I was so excited about all the scents she showed me that I didn't want to leave.

After what felt like an eternity, I went home with my scent and 10 more samples.
What should I try first? First this one or this one? I was definitely overwhelmed, but knew that this woman had just opened a door for me, or rather, she had restructured my synapses. Because I was addicted from that point on. Gizzy: "Hello I am the Gizzy and I am an addict."
All: "Hallooooo Gizzzyyyy!"

Right at home I unpacked the fragrance and was thrilled by the packaging alone.
I also couldn't believe that I had just spent 130,00€ for 30ml of black liquid. I knew it, the old one was a witch.
I sprayed two squirts left and right on my neck and not even 10 seconds later my mother shouted from the living room, which was at least 20 meters away, "Boa ey what is that again." I had to admit, the smell was already more intense than anything I had ever known before. My parents hated the smell. I convinced myself it was my personal favourite and went out into the world. Everyone but really everyone around me gave me negative compliments. As I later realized, the scent really did smell penetrating and sour on me. Okay, I didn't know how to dose it, but once I knew, it didn't get any better. I looked for mistakes and wondered how it could be? This scent that had so excited me that day disappointed me so much about myself? Compulsively I tried to apply all possible dosage variations on different days in such a way that it reminded me of this miracle moment. In vain I had to realize that this could not bring back the euphoria of that day.

It took me years to understand that this was the way it had to be for me to gain access to the world of fantastic fragrances. So Black Afgano was my gateway to Neverland.

Thank you for letting me share this with you.
Love
Are you high yet?
The next Nasomatto, which has finally come under my nose after a long time and after Baraonda and Embarrassment, should show how creative Nasomatto really is. Baraonda is one of my absolute favourite fragrances and fired me from my chair at the first go. Blamage was different and more a concept fragrance to try something really crazy. There was so much talk, so much testing and many people seem to like the Black Afgano that is now on the line, as it is considered the entry-level Nazomatto next to Baraonda. Whether I am high directly after spraying according to the reports ?

From the previous statements and comments, I was at least a little bit curious how the little spoon would present itself on my skin, as the colour of the fragrance already left a lot of room for interpretation. I had hoped for a nice dark scent that would bring a strong spice and charisma.

So get on the skin and activate the olfactory organ.
The first impression immediately confused me a bit. Since I have already tested Blamage, as I said, a note or a chord reminded me exactly of this Blamage, since it was also in there. But I can't say exactly what exactly, because Nasomatto does not give any scents. In retrospect I would think of something humid and earthy or herbaceous. With the Black Afgano this was complemented with some wood and spice, but with the Blamage it came across with a little creaminess. But exactly this herbaceous one I would rather classify as disturbing for myself, because it caused a strange feeling in my nose and on the palate. Since this note has been kept permanently, I could hardly sniff the place after some time, because I felt somehow uncomfortable about the whole thing.
I had also tested another mega-dark scent, Black Gemstone by Stephan Humbert Lucas, so I was able to work out the differences between the two scents. While the dark juice Black Afgano was surprisingly light green, the brownish juice of Black Gemstone was even darker and more present Purely from the smell and the composition I am therefore already a little disappointed, because I had hoped for something else myself. More spice, more woodiness, less herbaceous. So if you think that Black Afgano gives you a really dark scent, you will be disappointed.

But I was less disappointed by the durability and sillage. During the first two hours, the fragrance outshines the entire environment with its composition and throws the scent clouds towards the surrounding area. Nobody will remain undiscovered with this perfume, because you pull vapours of scent behind you which burn in. I can state the durability with good conscience with 6 hours +. After about 3 hours, the fragrance withdraws a little and lets the wearer breathe again. In the long run it would also get on my mind with this projection
I would like to recommend a test to everyone who doesn't know the fragrance, as it is already a duty if you want to slowly dive into the world of niche fragrances. It does not overtax anyone with its notes and shows the way in the right direction. Since I am already a little bit further and like clearly spicier, darker and also with pleasure sometimes slightly animal scents, this one falls off with me and does not bring what I would like to put to myself in the collection.
Mivvuass
A character speaks for itself
That the Black Afgano is a fragrance that you will hardly ever smell a second time anywhere is clear. It radiates uniqueness but also strength. Definitely a love or hate fragrance but for me a clear "love".
However, many people describe it as hard to wear or hard to find an occasion to wear it, but I see it differently. Much more you just have to be the type for the Black Afgano and be able to embody it. Then you can wear it almost everywhere (but definitely in colder weather)
Anas1995
If only the performance was better:(
The first perfume that led me into the niche world was Black Afgano. I had never smelled anything like this perfume before, and I knew from the first sniff that I had to have it, and I heard through reviews that it was one of the strongest perfumes with an incredible performance. So I had bought the Black Afgano and was still enthusiastic about the fragrance. After 2 hours I noticed that I could only perceive the scent very closely. The following day I had completely perfumed myself again and hoped for a good performance this time, which unfortunately was not to be found. Probably the fragrance was reformulated as it was praised by everyone as an ultra-strong, long-lasting scent. Basically the fragrance DNA is a masterpiece for me and I still recommend everyone to try the fragrance, maybe I just got a bad bottle :)

Something really special!
With this perfume, there is no "IN THE MIDDLE".
There are simply two extremes for the environment. Either it's beautiful to someone or they can't stand it! Fortunately, there are more who adore this perfume.
The following event best shows the aura created by this perfume:
I applied perfume and went to a meeting, my wife was at work. I met a person and her first reaction was — what kind of magnificent scent are you wearing? It simply enchants! I was speechless ...
I returned home, quite confident, my wife had also returned from work and I found an open window in the bathroom. I asked — why was the window open, and the wife said she thought something had died in the ventilation!
Of course, she soon realized that nothing had died but that I was wearing a new perfume!
"You're sleeping in another room tonight if you don't completely wash it off" - was her only reaction!
Even after several hours of bathing, the perfume did not leave my skin and ... I slept in another room!
However, I am completely fascinated by this perfume so I am now in a big dilemma! Change perfume, or wife!
I'm just kidding, of course, but this case fully illustrates how the environment reacts to this perfume.
P.S. Sorry for my poor English
Glimma
Addictive cannabis - that takes some time
When I read the notes for the first time, I thought of the smell that blows towards you when you walk through the park in the evening and a few people are enjoying a slightly different cigarette: burnt, herbaceous, a little stinging in the nose.

When I got a tester and I sprayed on a paper, I thought "phew, luckily it doesn't smell as I thought it would. But I was not convinced. Maybe because I had written it off too soon and didn't wait for the dry-down.

My husband then grabbed the tester and a few days later I asked him what he was wearing. It was Black Afgano, which now no longer smelled herbaceous at all but beautifully of oud, soft tobacco and resin. Cannabis I cannot perceive anymore. Now I love this scent on my husband, so that he had to move in directly and now always enchants me when I smell him.

On my husband, it holds on average well, but remains rather body-hugging. Which I find even better with him, because that fascinates even more. He is also regularly addressed :)
Sniffo
The thing about expectations...
Black Afgano had been a household name to me for several years. Not because of a preference for this particular hash variety, but because this fragrance has a certain reputation in the perfume scene. Dark and wicked, it is said to be, with a durability that is second to none. One to a maximum of two sprays would be enough to flood entire stairwells or subway stations with the crunchy scent of marijuana.
Granted, that sounds more than promising! However, I hesitated to test it. The reason for this was that BA was supposed to be very similar to Gucci Intense Oud, which is one of my personal hate scents. I can't even explain it exactly, the fact is that when I sniff Gucci Intense Oud I get associations of vomited rose petals.
A deeply repulsive idea and a good reason to wipe any scent that even remotely resembles the same direction off my radar for all eternity.
I thought so Because when I recently, rather by chance, acquired a sample of Black Afgano at the souk, I was already preparing for the worst... and was taken by surprise
To the fragrance:
Black Afgano starts very dark.
I perceive something that could already be identified with cannabis. I think I can smell oud, too, but it is most pronounced after application. As it goes on BA becomes very woody and there is a slight smokiness. The scent doesn't go through a big change anymore.

Durability and sillage are quite good. And that's it.
Black Afgano is not the described performance monster that is often reported. You will definitely be noticed, but it only radiates over a medium distance. In return the durability is quite good. Applied in the morning, I can still see it on the back of my hand after work.
Whether there has been a reformulation recently, I cannot judge, since I only recently came into the pleasure of testing it. But it seems likely, given the split views here in the forum.

Black Afgano is portable for men and women. However, I do think it is more of a masculine fragrance.
Also the scent character is very special, so the wearer should choose the right occasion. It is not necessarily an everyday scent and in warmer temperatures it can be annoying.
Personally, I see him as a good choice for going out on cooler evenings, and when you feel like something other than the usual suspects.
A dark, somewhat daring outfit would be very well underlined by Black Afgano.

Of course, the flacon must also be mentioned positively again!
I personally am a big fan of design. As I already mentioned in my commentary on Baraonda, the minimalist look gives the flacons a certain potency. In combination with the black content and the cap, you almost have the feeling of holding a vial of poison in your hand.
Undoubtedly, this circumstance will also have contributed significantly to the current popularity of Black Afgano.

Conclusion:
Black Afgano was a surprise to me in several respects. On the one hand, he made me lose my shyness about such scents... which is a good thing, because there are many relatives of BA. On the other hand, I also noticed that many things are simply exaggerated and only partially do justice to the hype Black Afgano is definitely an interesting perfume and I'll be using it in the future, but it's much more tame than I expected.
Furthermore, its scent is quite linear. But I'm missing something that makes it more lively. To everyone who feels the same way, I can recommend Laudano Nero by Tiziana Terenzi. He comes very close to Black Afgano, but adds a few leg notes (including cognac), which loosen up the whole composition a bit.

LG Sniffo
The spell
The spell into which you are drawn by Black Afgano. The glances of those around you who have become so as well. This fragrance has real magic.

He starts with a very herbaceous start, which I don't think is so great. Herbs & Weed. Not so magic yet. Relatively identical to the XerJoff Laylati by the way.

At some point some (very dark) incense and also some oud is added. Now the smell is magical.

I do not really know how to describe this adequately in words. Everyone in the surrounding area wanders around with their eyes to find the source of the fragrance. Even those who can't find pleasure in such scents. It also triggers an indescribable attraction to all those who feel repelled by the scent. How he does it, I will probably never understand. I wish I could find better words here
The projection is brutal. Some pre-commentators speculate about a reformulation with less good H+S, but I cannot confirm this. Maybe I caught an old batch, maybe my precommentators, whatever. Shelf life loose until the next morning.

Conclusion: Huh? How does he do that?

Cheers
No power to drugs :-D
Full of excitement I came home and tore open the mailbox!
Finally some new stuff, just in case. I was really incredibly excited about what to expect.
Very well, I reserve the right to make my assessment that it was a sample from here. The dark little bottle was quite exciting, even for a sample I couldn't wait... A soft plop, and just as softly the smell came out. Joop! Homme, the good old stuff from your childhood in the dark version was my first impression. And it should have been. I applied the scent a little bit more generously and assumed that there would be something else coming soon...
Nothing. I wore the scent yesterday during sports, without any resonance and without feeling attracted, to which the scent is neither black nor white for me. Again and again I say this strong note of Joop Homme, with a pinch of dope. He doesn't pick me up, I don't feel anything of the enormous silage and durability mentioned here, on the contrary, I'm sitting frustrated at my desk in the office. The expectations were high, I must admit. But if my dealer had had such stuff when I was young, I would have been his customer lately. Today I prefer to drink Earl Grey tea and a good rum, the scents tell me much more about ???? it's nothing for me, too bad..

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 14 days ago
A smoky, slightly animalic, yet smooth creamy/sweet resinous-woody Winter fragrance, with a pungent boozy spicy-green opening. Challenging!
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 34 days ago
Awesome, strong and longlasting perfume. In top 3 Nasomatto's. For those who think it's to strong and potent try Fortis, same but gentler.
GreMuserGreMuser 64 days ago
To me only smell of burnt rubber + animalic dirty oud, not for me, it stinks. :|
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 7 months ago
One of the darkest fragances I own. Incense and oud, more balsámic than animalic and very smoky. Great performance. Unisex, for night time.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
"Only the brave"! A unique scent which is like a good trip : a " legal drug "to wear in the cold season.Strong and hypnotic. Ready to dare?
Carlitos01Carlitos01 15 months ago
I love the strong oud smoke lingering amidst the opulent resins. If I would be alone on Earth I would use it always. Small size, big temper!
PioPio 16 months ago
Dunk, resinous and herbal. The smell of the deep woods after it rained.
ItchynoseItchynose 16 months ago
Hemp, resins & oud: dark and heavy but more reminiscent of an expensive antique furniture store than hashish to my nose. For troubled souls.
Oscarsh86Oscarsh86 19 months ago
This scent reminds me of Amsterdam.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
Daring cat urine kind of a smell. I respect its composition but I can't wear that stuff

Black Afgano - ausgestellt auf dem Chair One, von Konstantin Grcic.
by jakdelind
Ganz unverhofft warst Du als Beigabe plötzlich in der Post. Jetzt musst Du nicht mehr reisen... (wie lange es gedauert hat, bis hier mal ein Raucher für das Foto vorbei kam :-)) VIELEN LIEBEN DANK Maya und Ela und natürlich allen Besuchern!!
by BBMie
Na, so matt!? Oh!
Apropos Apotropos
by Floyd
Letzte Sonnenstrahlen auf Sardinien geniessen :-)
by Liquidasset
by Liquidasset
by Kovex
by Kovex
#deep inside my heart#für immer
by DonLeBon
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by JoHannes
by JoHannes
Hier sind wir, lieber Fresh. Die guten Geister sagen DANKESCHÖN!
by BBMie
by Remarkable
by Emorandeira
by Emorandeira

Popular Nasomatto

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto