Blamage 2014 Extrait de Parfum

Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 30.11.2021.

soft and smooth
A soft, very soft woody, a sweet but not sweet birch accompanied by the classic musky note of Gualtieri that gives it a soft and caressing touch. Extremely pleasant scent, never brutal or intrusive, very balanced, a cuddle for the nose that relaxes me and often accompanies me in the evening before sleeping. It smells good rather than beautiful, so I'd like to describe it.
Beauty without beast
Embarrassment.
Certainly the most beautiful bottle in my collection, absolutely gorgeous.

Gualtieri has made with his documentation to this certainly good advertising for the fragrance and for his work process. Shows quite clearly that perfume is just not only craft, but in the right hands just artistic creative process.

Blamage is for me just that.

Smells absolutely "different", than many Nasomattos, absolutely "peculiar", but not like Fantomas that you briefly wrinkle your nose, but then want more. I get almost no woody notes, but an art-fruit with musk and white flowers.

Nasomatto has two guidelines for me: perfumes that smell just like such and behave (Black Afgano, Hindu Grass, Baraonda, Duro) and just "art smells", which in and of themselves do not create the effect that Ottonormalverbraucher expects from a perfume, but rather "what smells here so" triggers. A nice smell that doesn't exist elsewhere. Fantomas belongs to it (Duro with water wings plastic, but a smell that I often even miss), Silver Musk (metal musk, immediately recognizable, but there is otherwise just not so as a smell) and Blamage - fruit-brightwood musk fresh own.

Cool smell, which will certainly accompany me on warm days. For all days below 20 degrees, the me has too little Wumms, but horny creation
Vrabec
Not an embarrassment, but a bizarreness

Bi-zar-re-rie
Noun, feminine [the]
bizarre form, bizarre appearance; outlandishness in shape or form
Perfume crazy I am not so long to be a conscious witness of the "Nasomatto project". Also due to the price I let the fragrances until recently, about 6 years after the actual termination of the line out of consideration.
Retroperspektiv viewed the question arises to me, whether the failure in the attempt to create olfactory a mistake, because "conceived errors are controlled errors, and they simply do not exist" (Parfumo Soap), or the revival of his brand by Fantomas represents the greater embarrassment.
So had Gualtieri but about 6 years ago pompously ended the era Nasomatto and created Orto Parisi. (Nasomatto is Dead, Orto Parisi is born)
One can never be quite sure with Gualtieri, this was probably always part of himself and his fragrances, be it the concealment of the fragrance pyramid with simultaneous hint & morsel throwing in the documentary "the Nose - searching for Blamage" as well as the self-proclaimed demise of its own line. I am amused and provoked by this - and both are mostly good.
In my opinion, the oft-quoted description of the fragrance is; "This perfume is part of the Nasomatto project. The fragrance is a foolish and ill-fated creation, prompted by poor judgment and lack of care." pure marketing. However, this is not forbidden and is simply part of the process. Accusing yourself of poor judgment while having a highly regarded reputation among connoisseurs fits well with the crazy nose. An "unfortunate creation" I do not buy the good, especially not as the end of this line - and yes, despite the appearance of Fantomas I see here further the conclusion of the line Nasomatto.
As I said, this is not a mistake, at least not in the strict sense. However, if you go about the concept perfumery and think about how to represent a mishap olfactory, you come closer to the matter. Concept fragrances, for example Zoologist or Imaginary Authors never really smell authentic to what they are supposed to represent. They "only" create an authentic image of the same.
That Gualtieri wanted to create here an olfactory image of an embarrassment (of course, within the scope of the edible), I take him.
The often mentioned fragrance twin of Comme de Garcon is not known to me, but from the theme "Blamage" reminds me most likely to Tom Ford's Fucking Fabulous, which smells just as "bright", almond I suspect in Blamage just as, but somewhat hidden in synthetic and floral notes. For me it kind of goes in the same direction, very flamboyant and at least as self-conscious. Because this "embarrassment" smells unusual but not unpleasant. That to wear demands must and yet awakens intresse.
The fragrance starts fruity sweet, the top note consists of sandalwood which swims in apricot jam, this apricot remains central throughout the course. That is all I perceive at the beginning. Then a scorched floral almond emerges, biting rubber doused in vanilla milk, and liquid candle wax dripped with clean sweet musk. Associations of clean laundry alternate here; I often think of Zarkoperfume's "the Muse" here, and smoky imagery.
All of this is overshadowed by Gualtieri's secret ingredient, his interpretation of oud that often appears in his fragrances. It's sort of a "cyber-faecal," here with synthetic musk, which doesn't smell as bad as it might sound.
Blamage is by far the most bizarre scent I've had the pleasure of smelling. Fortunately, I like it quite well, even if I'm worried with this one anzuecken, which I have otherwise almost never. So necessarily extensively test before a bottle is purchased here.

I do not know how to classify Blamage. Basically, it may be a crazy Western interpretation of Orientalism, somehow floral, feminine but at the well-groomed shaved man just as appropriate. Here I see it as a good scent in the evening. But for the außergwöhnlichen.

.. Oh and the bottle is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in perfumes
Blah-blah-blah
I had prepared myself for this scent: Read statements, studied commentaries - some even multiple times. Of course I also rented the Ali Gualtieri documentary (The Nose) on Vimeo. I thought it was great, very likeable guy, incredibly playful, like a child. Fascinating! And to frame the whole thing, I went to a dozen YouTube reviews - in several languages, of course.

And then, fortunately, I had a small Comme des Garçons 2 sample at hand, the alleged fragrance twin, as a reference so to speak.

To disgrace, many people report almost the same thing, which is astonishing, and naturally made me feel confident: peach, peach, peach. Cream. Milk and rancid milk. Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry. Petrochemistry. A rose turned inside out, the green on top, in chemistry! Great!

When the scent finally reached me, I made further preparations to approach it safely: this will be the real "liquid hazardous waste", I thought, and smelled carefully on the underside of the chunky, yet light, lid. I shouldn't put it on before eating, either it would spoil the food, or the food would spoil the smell. So better eat first, then apply. And not too much at once - many have warned against that; so really only press very lightly on the sprayer. Now. Now.

Go.

Yeah. This stuff works on me. It's not a chemical spill I need to watch out for. No boom, no sci-fi synthetic. Hardly any peach. For me it's really just a softer version of CdG 2.

Embarrassment is originally conceived as a fault. And it seems to me that the desire to conceive a mistake is the real - mental - mistake with this fragrance.
Designed defects are controlled defects, and they simply do not exist. At least not in the sense that such a mistake should lead to something new, according to the principle of "too many aldehydes", which is said to have led to Chanel No. 5.

You can only stumble into something new. Intentionally and unconditionally - that is decisive. Every intention is a control of the result, every condition a limitation of the experiment. Analysis is paralysis, and interpretation is projection.

The mind works limitingly and is therefore always limited. Because it is limited, it can only think limitingly. The mind can do little with paradoxes. It can neither consciously bring them about, nor can it classify its actual role in them. In the "normal case" it operates, following the linear logic, only linearly. It prefers to go in circles so as not to stumble. Even with a synthesis of thesis and antithesis he does not really get far, because a paradox is not a figure of dialectic, but rather something like a quantum physical phenomenon, which cannot be measured with a compass and ruler.

The mind is limited - but its real limits are not physical. Rather, it is a virtual "real" of linear infinity: a circle from which only a quantum leap of one's own perception leads out - or a true error, which one must then recognize as such instead of "getting a grip" on it. Then it is no longer a mistake, but a realization. And that's probably how you get to the next level of perception.

That one has already tried out what is possible in principle within one's own realm of thought can be seen from the fact that the new appears more and more often than the newly-arranged old. Apparently new, but not unexpectedly new. Actually not new at all. If one continues as before, one always turns only in that invisible circle - to infinity, if you like. Discipline, endurance and perseverance - the motors of the mechanical world - keep this downward spiral in motion. One gets more and more into active doing, and further and further out of joy. Intention to leave the mechanical world is also a notch in the same line, for it is intention that gives this realm its limits.

Intention is always resistance, i.e. struggle with what is. The Daoist masters in ancient China knew this too. Therefore they raised the thought of "wu wei" (無為, the Chinese counterpart to the Japanese 無心 "mu shin") - the unintentional doing - to the maxim of life. For if you leave out intention, you do not, as feared by many, create aimlessness or uselessness, but rather a coherent naturalness and self-evidence: a childlike impartiality, to which any mental blockades are alien. Therefore, the path of the wise men always led back to childhood, that natural state that was so conscientiously and painfully withdrawn in the Confucian society.

So playing is the only thing that can help. Because playing knows no intention, is without control and without a goal. Here the activity itself is its own meaning: it is enough for itself. If one gives oneself to it, the fog of believed limits is lifted. At some point.

And then I have to say, good Ali plays the game! The shining eyes are not staged. He's totally enthusiastic! I believe him. I find it hard to see calculus. But the fact that CdG 2 comes out of his game, that's strange. Fifteen years after the release of CdG 2, Nasomatto reinvents CdG 2, as an embarrassment, but not an innovation. But in the game. Wow! I mean, there's this example that if you had all the monkeys in the world hammering into typewriter keys for all eternity, that at some point there would inevitably have to be a literary masterpiece or at least a big dictionary, so they say. In other words, in purely theoretical, statistical and mathematical terms, right? Seen in this light, the probability of reconstructing CdG 2 blindly (at three times the price) in just under two years, and without any intention of doing so, is probably close to zero - I don't know. So calculation after all? Or an ingenious mistake?

It is written on the packaging that this product is the result of care and bad decisions. But these decisions cannot have been that bad. In general, the idea of leaving the circle of reason through conscious "bad" decisions is just another illusion. For decisions - good or bad - are judgments, and judgments counteract the game, because they testify to intention. It's a trap.

Oh, yeah. Blamage is of course solidly built, that much is for sure - also I would wish him to be more aggressive and long-lasting. It seems to me that I have once again made quite a lot of tam-tam around a fragrance that I had probably imagined. That's where the many mental bla-blahs come from. The scent is certainly not embarrassing, and certainly not a mistake.

Panian
What a beautiful day to start with wearing it ...
It is the way people should smell It is the way for you to feel happy all day Musky, powdery and probably vanilla came to form this perfume into a gift from above! Longetivity should be considered enormous considering that after 6 hours around the city with my motorbike still can smell it!
DarkWinterCS
Crazy embarrassed or washing machine ?
Nasomatto was longer one of the brands where I didn't see the point of spending so much money for such a small "Flakönchen". In retrospect a relatively strange decision, but ok, I improved in the course of time. After I tested Baraonda and it suddenly jumped into my Top3 (including buying a bottle in the souk), I wanted to test another one. My choice fell on the probably unusually smelling embarrassment, which according to the reviewers was felt sometimes chemically, sometimes as a wild mess. I once turned off the scent pyramid from the head and wanted to give myself over to this "mixture". That the word mixture would fit, I found out later
As with many other fragrances, I became aware of this one through our great video platform YouTube. Someone had held this little bottle with the white sleeve into the camera. So look for perfume and get a sample. Even though the statements and comments left me with a few question marks, it was clear that this was going to be my next Nasomatto test object.

Blamag is definitely not an embarrassment, it is more of an experimental laboratory for wacky creations. That's how it works. Because the scent is hard to describe and the associations go crazy. It's a rollercoaster ride with full acceleration, sudden braking and looping on the conveyor belt. When I alone want to express my associations, I talk about something strange with this fragrance. Imagine a laundry forgotten in the washing machine, which already smells slightly musty. This laundry is then taken care of with canned peaches and dipped into a bath of lukewarm milk. Voila - you have the smell of disgrace. Sounds wicked, maybe even a bit disgusting, but the scent is really able to create something out of it that is quite bearable. Maybe not in everyday life, but on cooler days for leisure time, it's certainly someone who stands out and gets interested looks. Especially the milky note increases a little bit in intensity over the wearing time.

Purely from the durability and Sillage, I was similarly enthusiastic as with the Baraonda. It doesn't quite reach that level, but the perceived time is easily over eight hours. The Sillage is also not from bad parents and becomes a bit stressful in the beginning, especially if you don't know the scent, it can quickly get too much for you here. Above all I don't want to imagine - now while writing this comment - what some people think when they sniff the scent of musty laundry on the collar of their jackets, shirts and shirts
I am definitely looking forward to my next Nasomatto experience. I don't know yet whether I want to try the probably most famous of the series, Black Afgano, or rather an Absinthe or Pardon. In any case, there's no one at the brand I'd like to miss, although I doubt that anyone will ever do as well as my Baraonda.

Which one do you think is worthwhile for the next test ?
0.5
MkCb
Blamage - when the name becomes a program
I would like to think that in the one year since I became a scent addict, I have "tasted" a good amount of scents, especially across the bed. From the typical shower scent to the faecal oud scent there was a lot to see.
I would also like to say that I love Nasomatto. From the black Afghan, the hard Duro over the chocolaty Pardon up to the alcoholic Baraonda, I like them all. But I haven't experienced what I'm about to face with embarrassment. Cause "hit" hits it pretty good.

It's also very hard for me to describe this one, because I had to wash it off after three quarters of an hour, because I couldn't stand it anymore.
Sprayed on, it starts with a fruity note, I think I smell peach. In addition, there is an olfactory interpretation of the colour green, which in my opinion is not a natural note. On top of that (and this is actually the joke here) there is a medically-chemically-striking note, which makes this perfume in my eyes absolutely unwearable and unbelievably unpleasant. This stinging touch has some disinfectant-mäßgies, the worst sort of chemistry factory in the third world. Normally a danger sign for chemical substances would have to be attached here.
Since, as I described above, I had to wash them off after three quarters of an hour, I can unfortunately say nothing about the course. Nothing happened in the 45 minutes.

The performance is as criminal as the scent. A sprayer from one of these 2ml TZ (which really don't give off much liquid per sprayer) was enough to smell the scent in the whole staircase after I went to get the mail for several hours afterwards.

The bottle design is the only highlight here.

Nasomatto means, if you can believe the Internet, "crazy nose".
Crazy nose and embarrassment - a really good description, because in my opinion this is one of the most intolerable and especially unpleasant scents I have smelled so far.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
After a short fruity-fresh opening, this soapy, yet green spicy-woody Spring fragrance, settles to a gentle and warm musky-leathery base.

Halleluja!
by Vlad
by Stere
by Stere

Popular Nasomatto

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto