Duro 2007 Extrait de Parfum

Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Top 85 in Men's Perfume
Duro (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2021.

A Beautifully Chic Perfume Made for MAJOR Metropolitan Areas
Not everyone will get this. Most folks will scratch their heads and pinch their noses confoundingly, wondering who on earth smells like that. But wear this in SoHo, Manhattan, for instance and right away, people will get it.

I say that because the primary job of this fragrance is not to smell good. This is not Bleu de Chanel, YSL Y, Sauvage, or Creed's Aventus for that matter. Those are made to "smell great". THIS, on the other hand, is a statement maker. This announces how avant garde one is. This let's everyone know that you aren't the status quo keeper and are fully "outside the box".

The NYC connection or the MAJOR metropolitan connection is: those are the places where droves of folks live outside the box and are avant garde and look to one up everyone with the "latest and greatest". So if you're a competent dresser (wearing this, you HAVE to look the part) and you apply this people will instantly get it and may even ask you what is it you're wearing so they
themselves can own it.

In a small town all i can imagine is everyone talking about how bad that guy in the store smelled.
More appearance than substance
I am now actually with Warscheinlichkeit one of the few people who rate the Duro not quite so good. Because of very good reviews I ordered the perfume blind, and the YouTube response was also mega. Without attacking anyone personally, I really do not know what many people understand by very masculine. Duro has for me in any case a very large feminine touch. Now to the fragrance itself ... At the first spraying, a "Montale perfume" came directly to my senses! Unfortunately I don't know the name anymore, it was something with oud and smelled identical in the beginning. Duro has at first something sour, violetes and then becomes very patchouli lastig.the fragrance makes the first 30 min. an extreme change, after the sour withdraws with the patchouli it becomes very dry woody, slightly sweet with a bit of spice. As the fragrance progresses Duro doesn't change hugely. I don't know if this has been reformulated, but it doesn't have a brutal performance right now .... I definitely see this one in the mid rather than way up ! On the whole Duro is ok, I don't find it that interesting to buy now though. I was so excited about the Duro, I found the result rather sad... Thank God we are all so different and do not always love the same :))
Zofi
I think I'm really hot myself!
That was my first thought, but more on that later.

Lately, I've been brave.
I never used to be.
Or in other words, I often just wanted to be like many others. Cute, sweet and just girly. But I'm not, for that my humor is too dirty and the mouth is too big.

My husband likes to wear the Black Afghano, he can also, he is tall, attractive and broad-shouldered. I'm just not, but hey, what the heck, I think to myself, and try the Afghan on me. Goes just unfortunately not at all.
So I went on the search.

Brave, as I am now recently, I ordered Duro blind. The lurid text at the online store I trust: "suitable for men who dare to be themselves."
THAT'S me, I thought to myself!(I'm just not, because I'm a mid-twenties woman with 1.62m height...)
But I dare to be myself.
I'm just not sweet and cheesy, I'm loud and wild.

The first spray, discreetly dosed, almost blew me away. Have I overestimated myself?
No. I find myself really hot. I find myself wicked and a little naughty. I smell like I've snuggled up to a wild, boisterous man.

But that's exactly what makes the Duro. I find it spicy, dark and fresh at the same time. I wear it discreetly, but almost get goosebumps when I have it on my nose.
I find it gloomy and I feel like I'm living in a crypt all in black, but in a positive way!
I feel like a 6'10" goth who has danced the night away and is now making his way home along a forest path at dawn.
I find it fresh, I find it heavy, and I love that very contradiction.

I would love to eat myself up, just physically can't. But my husband thinks that I just wear a perfume that reflects my essence. And this comment is worth a lot, because it comes from a man who thinks with every fragrance "yes, eh quite good".

I like my new perfume-me, and will use the Duro very subtly. Just enough for a mini-rebellion go the girlhood!

Krissyriot
Cool biker becomes a cavalier
Have purchased Duro due to the interesting reviews as a bottling. Now I sit here and actually write my first own review! And then even to a, in my opinion, rather masculine fragrance!
Duro comes on spraying violently around the corner. First thought: The fragrance I know but!
Have then searched in the bathroom cabinet the perfumes of my friend. Baldessarini, that was the first intention. But even only on the skin of my partner, the similarity is perceived.

Duro changes quickly on my skin, becomes softer and somehow more feminine, despite very leathery silhouette. Interesting fragrance! Not my favorite, but definitely a cool number!

The olfactive wall
This perfume for me is very difficult to explain, I state that before this Nasomatto I tried two others - Black Afgano and Pardon - remaining quite disappointed, as I didn't like them both.

This instead I find different and very interesting, although at times there is something in the background of incomprehensible and annoying, the best I can say is that it has a hint halfway between stale and animalic (I think).

Above all this, however, I feel very pleasant oud and leather mixed with a sweet note, also here totally indefinable for my skills.

Overall it does what it says, it is a perfume that hits hard as a wall in the face, certainly attracts a lot of attention and does not go unnoticed, due to its particularity it could make you receive attention both in positive terms - it is not often heard around - both in negative terms because, in fact, it is rather intrusive and particular.

Despite the name and the male classification, however, a woman can wear it and, indeed, make it even more interesting.

first impression
Duro has been in my wish list for a while now and I finally pulled the trigger. I unboxed it less than an hour ago and sprayed on my wrist so these are my first thoughts and not an actual review so don't expect any comments on longevity or anything similar.

Most people describe this as woody, spicy and leathery and that pretty much covers it, that's exactly what you get with Duro (perhaps I'd add a little smoke on top of it). The opening felt a little harsh, I also sense some green (patchouli maybe?) and to my nose the leather is a little medicinal. It does reminds my of Gucci Guilty Absolute (I have to do a side by side to see if they are actually similar but it did reminded me of it), I also found some similarities to Black Afgano, not that they are actually that similar but there's something familiar about it (again, I need to do a side by side).

As mentioned I won't discuss longevity but I can say that it's not a projection monster, based on 1 spray on the wrist I don't feel this as strong and offensive as other frags, this one remains closer, a smaller scent bubble.

DURO - The roughest Nasomatto
What woody perfume would you stand out above the rest? Well, DURO, of course. Strong, long-lasting, alpha perfume.

A wooden and patchouli perfume that quickly changes to a dark leather.

DURO is to the wood, what Prada L’homme is to the iris. Is not blind buy safe !! But the 30mL of this perfume extract worth it.⁣
⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣
Wood, patchouli, leather, spices.⁣⁣
Duro means hard/tough
And this is exactly what is unfortunately all too often missed in our soft-hearted society these days.

Duro is the guy in the 80s who leans against a wall and smokes his cigarette and gives a shit what you think. He is also not interested in the gender discussion and he does not understand it for a long time. Even after you explained to him that you feel "offended" by his smoke he didn't care about you wimp. Nevertheless you at least got him to check you out for a short time. He gave you a short pitiful look (he also had to smile) and then turned away again. He had better things to do than to talk to you gender aunt.

Duro is a fragrance that must also suit the corresponding man. If you feel totally hip in your modern high water pants you should NOT wear Duro.
Duro is for the "real" men.

PS: I hope nobody feels offended but rather has to smile about the comment :)
Duro?
Nasomatto Duro. My first niche perfume. What can I say? Madness. I'm not an expert on perfume. That's my first comment, too. This perfume did it to me. I always find it very difficult to find a perfume I like. No matter what famous drugstore I went to, it always lacked something for me. Always the same note in it, no heart/passion behind it. So I always came home without perfume. But at Nasomatto Duro I fell in love with shock. A leathery, tangy oud-wood mixture, combined with a beautiful sweet. The leather is less present after a few minutes, what I like very much what comes after is pure passion.
For me my new favorite scent :)

Duro?
I am trying this perfume right now and It is really surprising me. What i am not sure is if It is doing that on a good or a bad way. In one hand the smell is much nicer than i was hoping to. I thought It would be the typical gas smell of the very strong leather fragances like Gucci guilty absolute or dark lord by Lilian; but this one goes more on the line of tuscan leather by Tom Ford, with a very spicy and balanced leather which is very pleasant. But un the other hand the performance is not the beast i hoped according to the reviews i had read. The longevity is not bad but the sillage is weak. This fragance doesnt project too much... And more being an extrait de parfum... Comparing with other nasomatto perfumes that i have tried (pardon, black afgano, nudiflorum) this is the weakest one and i think It is more unisex even than any of these three. I dont know if duro is the most suitable name for this perfume...

Scent: 7.5
Originality: 7
Global: 7.5

NgarciaNgarcia 11 months ago
5.5
A fail from Nasomatto, opens with a blast of chemical dense wood to become just a normal perfume base in two hours, add average performance.
OmardoOmardo 12 months ago
medicinal sweetness to me. LEather oud smoke for many others. don't know. not my thing, and my wife was horrified by this.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A slightly smoky, yet creamy and resinous/sweet spicy-leathery Winter fragrance, balanced by a solid dusty earthy-woody base. Very masculine
PioPio 1 year ago
In the same line of Black Afgano but with a hint of petrol rather than herbs. Great scent.
SergioTSergioT 2 years ago
Great oud and leather scent, with great performance. Very masculine.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
I dont know if duro is the most suitable name for this scent. Well blended spicy leather with good longevity but weak projection...
ItchynoseItchynose 2 years ago
Deep, creamy oud with some supporting leather. Sadly at times it comes across as adhesive to my nose.
DebbieMishigDebbieMishig 4 years ago
This is very strong smoky parfum. As an oud lover I just fall in to it from the first sniff. Sexy parfume.

by ChopIsland
by JoHannes
by jakdelind
by jakdelind
by Achilles
Schmiegt er sich, oder schmiegt sie sich?
Majestätisch, Kräftig, Mächtig...
by Olfaktorio
by M3000
by M3000
Musikalische Entscheidungsfindung: Duro oder Mollo?
by Labormaus
by Whadelse89
by Miguellink
by Miguellink

Popular Nasomatto

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto