Duro (2007) Extrait de Parfum

Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Duro (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 30.05.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Manni
Manni's our chimney sweep. What am I saying - not just our chimney sweep! He takes care of the fireplaces and heating systems in our entire district.

It's the mid-1990s, and in my childish naivety I still don't have the faintest presentiment that Manni and his colleagues, at least in my romanticized imagination dressed in black, carrying cylinders and smeared with soot, will be in dispute about twenty years later about their professional monopoly. Not to mention I knew what the word monopoly position meant at all. I have to go further - I probably hadn't even heard it yet.

Dressed in black, carrying cylinders and smeared with soot, Manni never really was. But the friendly smiling comic chimney sweep on Mannis white Fiat Ducato - that was it!
Manni is quite a little man. Slightly stocky, beginning tonsure on the head and a neat mustache under the nose. In our neighbourhood everyone knows him of course - and everyone calls him by his nickname "Schorni".
The neat mustache often makes him appear grim, but he is an incredibly friendly, serene guy, who never lets even a hint of hecticness arise. After every visit in his function as heating specialist he leaves a small black chimney sweep plastic figure - it looks funny and, more importantly, it brings luck!

Manni has another very important role for me personally: He is the father of my best friend. Every afternoon after school I go to "Schornis" and watch TV with my friend. Manni walks from time to time through the living room - and always pulls a fragrance tail with him.

The years went by, but the fragrance trail burned into the furthest corner of my olfactory memory.

It's now 2018 and Manni retired a few years ago just in time for the monopoly overturning of his profession. Several decades in the service of our neighbourhood - so that we always have good warmth in winter.

A few weeks ago, I was standing to the left of Manni's son, my best childhood friend. To his right is a beautiful woman dressed all in white with tears in her eyes - they are holding hands. Before them the altar.
I was a lot less nervous than those two. My only job as best man I held in my hands in the form of the ring box - completely clarified and without any hustle and bustle.

I turned around and saw a rather small, slightly stocky man with quite a few grey hairs and a thin moustache standing under his nose in the first pew. He looked friendly, even touched.

In front of the church, accompanied by the ringing of bells, I embraced the bridegroom's father at the congratulating handshake. An all too familiar smell shot into my nasal cavities.

-------------------------------------<<font color="#ffff00">-==- proudly presents Epilogue: I strongly doubt that it was already a Duro prototype in the mid-nineties. Should anyone have an idea of what kind of Duro fragrance twin was popular in the 90s, please let me know. The resemblance to the Nasomatto is in any case - so I could perceive it again only a few weeks ago and currently confirm it by a test of the Duro - striking.

With the best will in the world I can think of no better wearer for this fragrance than the manni of the 90s - and the manni of the present.
Knarzig-holzig, nevertheless bright, cultivated and at times even reminding of vacation in the Schwedenhütte. Finally a small trace of soot in the process? Yeah, yeah, kind of.
A very mature, very masculine fragrance - and yet for me personally it means one thing above all: childhood - and what grew out of it.
10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Identical to Aoud Musk
After getting a sample of Duro, I immediately recognized it as being identical to Montale's Aoud Musk.

Aoud Musk is one of my favorite fragrances, therefore, so is Duro! I'll call it a win but I'll also say there is no reason to spend $185 on a 30 ml of Duro, when you can spend $160 and get 100 ml of Aoud Musk.
8.0/10

Duro - Nasomatto
Medicine. Beautifully fragrant medicine of the cough-relieving kind. That is the initial impression I get from Duro. More so than the similar medicinal association attributed to YSL’s M7 (which, to my nose, is more of what they have in common than outright smell). This impression stays with me for about 2-3 hours before the real beauty of Duro begins to emerge, without much evolution however. There must be something in the oud and its interplay with what resins are in Duro, that give off the mineral-like medicinal accord. Duro is woody and at the same time leathery and, with ambient warmth, slightly animalic. At times I get accords similar to wood-smoke doused by a very light drizzle. This is one frag I really love.

Duro is the brute it is widely said to be. Its longevity is phenomenal (18-24 hours). Certainly, being extrait strength, a little goes a long way and needs to be applied with slight trepidation. I do not think the nose(s) behind Duro, or any Nasomatto for that matter, had mass appeal in mind when it was conceived, blended and bottled. It will only appeal to a niche of fragrance users. I feel privileged to belong to that niche.

This is one very good scent. Quirky, but good.

DebbieMishig 21 months ago
This is very strong smoky parfum. As an oud lover I just fall in to it from the first sniff. Sexy parfume.+2
9.0

by Whadelse89
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Nasomatto

Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto