Narcotic VenusNarcotic V. 2007 Extrait de Parfum

Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto
Narcotic Venus is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.05.2021.

2013 the scent was renamed to Narcotic V.

Narcotic Venus
Venus represents a woman in her full glory of femininity and that famous female principle.

It's something like a femme fatale, only better, stronger, more narcotic. The perfume follows this theme, but what is this narcotic Venus like?
She's not a woman who walks around in high heels in the afternoon, She's not a loud person, but a mild,gentle, tender one who's hard to forget.

Let's go back to perfume,white flowers and how I feel.

However, the tuberose, which I love very much, is addictive in this perfume because I am constantly trying to feel it on my wrist.

Tuberose is narcotic? It's a wonderful example of how something can be so challenging and simple at the same time, because there's not a handful of notes here fighting each other.

This Venus is relaxed, calm, and smells good. The perfume gives me a sense of sterility, of self-mild natural authority. This is a true women's perfume, "feminine"

I like it, I see the quality and the idea / story behind the perfume.
Plant Spirits
In iridescent glittering dark green the pond lies before you. Why you have come here, wanderer, you do not know exactly. It is hot and a break in the cool shade is welcome to you.
The scent of the plums that line the shore, so velocking. Nothing else you smell here but their blossoms. The pond, the grass, just a green breeze. You lie down on the shore, filled with quiet fascination for this enchanted, overgrown place. Silence, except for the soft rustling of the trees.
Closing your eyes, you breathe in the scent of the flowers that waft around you, entwine you, ensnare you, yes, captivate you. Light ,pale grey mist slowly envelops you with heavy, cold warm, pink sweetness. Sun-speckled flower smiles shine in fresh green. Heavy, so heavy your limbs gradually become. So slow and sluggish your mind. Shadowy in your thoughts, the old man from the village who warned you not to stray into the "nymph kingdom on the green pond". Too late, you suspect. You dismissed him as a madman and laughed. Promised to watch out, only to forget him, until now..
"Hardly a wanderer has ever returned". Too late. You open your eyes with difficulty. The light has changed. Fog everywhere you look, the rustling of the trees hushed. Floating figures, formed from pale haze. Flower spirits, clearer now. Dancing above the water. White-reddish iridescent garments of scent caress them weightlessly. Jasmine-white,
pearly iridescent, floating, long hair . Dragonfly wings. Bitter-greenish light. Floral-sweet beguiling floral scent, more and more, more intense. Slight nausea. Paralyzed, can't move. Will-less. then suddenly surrounded, center of soundless dance. Unearthly beauty around you. Ancient knowledge in cool, young faces.Natural innocence and deep abyss in dark green, glittering eyes.
Nowhere else do you want to be now, wanderer.
They draw you to them. Painful longing.
How could you resist.... The world becomes pink mist.
Softly it grows dark. Slipping into sweet scented sleep your senses fade...

... Of course, only a tuberose can do that.
Narcotic, intense, abysmal, to be enjoyed with caution. Here, it is pleasantly significantly mitigated, smells lighter, "nebulous". Soft and, yes, already somewhere seductive, together with other, fresher white flowers ( lily of the valley, jasmine ?).Those are nicely restrained in this fragrance and combined with a bit of bitter-fresh leafy green and grasses around ( whatever that may be for fragrances...), which brings a fresh, cheerful nuance to the fragrance and makes it seem more natural.As if you sniff a sweet-smelling flower on a meadow covered with dew. The tuberose initially gains more and more intensity in the course of the fragrance and settles down to a level that is just pleasant for me. Later, the scent becomes brighter, more jasminey, with really just a hint of synthetic bitterness.
Narcotic Venus is stupidly expensive, but highly concentrated. Sparing use is recommended here anyway, if you do not want to completely stun yourself ( and others) with tuberrose, as happened to the poor wanderer.
The fragrance reminds me a little of slightly gloomy, but beautiful Art Nouveau paintings with nature, or fairy tale depictions.
Mysterious, close to nature, innocent, abysmal, the synthetics cleverly hidden.
That's how I feel about Narcotic Venus.
No idea what their creations do with my synapses, Mr. Gualtieri. but at least they have once again animated me to sniff and write

Mozart1756
Yoğun beyaz çiçeksi bir parfüm ama herkese göre değil!
Bugünkü yazımın konusu Nasomatto Narcotic V.(Venüs). Kendisi küçük şişesi, yoğunluğu, ismiyle dikkat çekiyor. Ekstrat konsantrasyonu her parfümde mevcut bir seçenek değil. Nasomatto'ların paketi servis edilişi de insanları cezbediyor.
Elimizde bir olgun sümbülteber parfümü var. Kesimiyle herkese göre değil. Biraz daha olgun yaşlı özellikle bayanların beğeneceği ve kullanacağı bir parfüm. Ben keyifle kullanıyorum çünkü sümbülteber notasını çok seviyorum ve kendime de yakıştırabiliyorum. Açılışta keskin bir baharat karışımı kendini hissettirip geri çekiliyor. Biraz da yeşil başlıyor. Sonra başrol sümbülteberin, geri planda yasemin. Bu parfümü sevebilmek için çok parfüm koklamanız lazım. Ben ve benim gibi insanların istisna olması dışında genelde 30/35+ yaş üzeri kadınların beğenisine uygun bir parfüm. Bazen bu parfümü ''Keskin'' veya ''Erkek parfümü gibi'' bulabilenler oluyor. Yayılımını ben sürekli hissemesem de etrafımda olanlar algılayabiliyor. Kıyafete bol sıkılırsa eğer, iyi dayandığını gözlemledim. Ten yayılımı daha zayıf.
Genel manada sevdiğim bir parfüm, favori beyaz çiçekli veya sümbülteberli kokum değil ama kullanırken keyif alırım.
SoAnna
A socially critical perfume?
Narcotic Venus - the history of associations.
I am not a professional, but I have no reason not to trust the source I learned from that "Narcotic Venus" is a term for prostitutes who do it for drugs, not money.
Hm, for me now, that's not a name associated with seduction. But I have heard a lot of positive things about the fragrance and when the opportunity arose I ordered the fragrance. (At this point I would like to thank dear Terian for the sharing!)
Almost bursting with curiosity I sprayed some of the scent on my forearm - and the story started...
It started with flowers with a lot of green, super, super much green! The flowers were green, they weren't real flowers yet, they were more like flower buds, immature, carrying the potential of a beautiful flower, which were squashed, crushed, so that the smell of the plant juice drowned out everything else. Is it the being of the young girl, carrying the potential of a beautiful woman, but which is never even remotely seen by anyone, let alone acknowledged? Her tender, youthful nature trampled underfoot, sold for profit by the narcissistic society.
Then the fragrance took on a note that I thought I would never find in perfume. To my nose, it was definitely ammonia. Most of us associate it with a visit to the hair salon, but this smell can also be found in less beautiful, rather unhygienic places. The girl does not visit expensive restaurants where the toilets are perfumed like paradise gardens. These are places that not everyone would dare to enter. There are many like-minded people there, and she can also find her special customers there best.
Then the scent gets lost... On the one hand I was relieved about the rescue from the filthy toilet, on the other hand I was a little disappointed about the durability of the scent, but then! Suddenly, as if from nowhere, a wonderful scent rises into my nose! It is a beautiful tuberose, nothing artificially sticky, nothing that would remind me of cheap chewing gum. It is a queen of tuberose, accompanied by some jasmine, sweet, but not too sweet and so creamy as if the flowers had taken a bath in the finest cream. This way the scent remains for my nose, simply beautiful! And I am reminded of Andersen's fairy tale "the little girl with the matches". Where the little girl was rescued from the heartless and hopeless present by her "beautiful" death and experienced security and happiness, even if it was only in her little, childlike head. Is this the end of our protagonist? A happy redemption from a dreary existence? A reward for what she had to go through in her short life?
The beautiful end of the fragrance now made me quite sad. Actually the whole story... and the whole fragrance? If the name were different, you might be able to interpret something else into it. Was it perhaps the reason for the name change? I can only speculate... What do you think, dear perfumers? Those who didn't give up and read my very long comment until the end :D
3.5

Polyanthes
Shoulder pads and a steely determination. ...
From the website "the fragrance is the result of a quest for the overwhelming addictive intensity of female sexual power."

I have to admit I'm discombobulated by the contrast between the name and claim of this perfume and what I'm smelling on my skin. I know I have a genuine sample, so what is going on?
Perhaps this 'cool and clean' treatment of tuberose does not like my skin chemistry because I have a similar problem with Carnal Flower. They are both just plain mean to me.
Narcotic Venus smells to me like the flowers (there are a lot of them and they are STRONG) are laundry fresh from a hefty measure of Persil Automatic and sprayed with extremely clean smelling white musk, heavily masking any yummy natural skin smells rather than joining them. How is that sexy?
I'm no stranger to tuberose but I like mine warmer, more friendly and intimate, with a bit of a growl.

I'm not writing this just for the purpose of slating the perfume, I'm so happy if you have found a beautiful tuberose for yourself. But I wanted to add a contrasting review as most of them here seem to be very positive. I think potential buyers of NV might find it helpful to know that this perfume doesn't work for some of us.

NV - Very strong, assertive, clean and fresh. Professional tuberose. Shoulder-pads and a steely determination that can power-play all day. Try before you buy.

Tuberose and Nothing Else
In spite of the fact that this scent was the"result of a quest for the overwhelming addictive intensity of female sexual power" do not expect to be perceived as "femme fatale" when you wear it. Beside the first impression ,which is very strong(almost like a bomb) , a beautiful flower symphonie tuberose centered will delight you. You can almost recognise few notes from Michael(Michael Korrs) and even from Fracas but please do not expect to find the same sexual power like in Fracas. It is a classical floral ,not in the sensual way, but in the way of expressing feminity and sweetness. Later on it is developing nicely into a skinscent, a very feminine one. I can say, without making a mistake, that Narcotic Venus did not succed to be as Narcotic as it was imagined but it is very Venus.

Feminine
Absolutely adore this fragrance. I like it so much I feel the urge to taste it.

Actually at first I thought it wasn't for me, but it is! I disliked RP's Fracas and BK's Beyond Love and because of that nearly dismissed NV. I also read some very bad (experts) reviews. Non of this I found true.

I adore Narcotic Venus and yes, it is strong, very flowery and very feminine. But in a good way! Yummy.

Sexy tuberose - women are from Venus
I personally adore tuberose in fragrances, but only when it is light or sweet. Narcotic Venus is tuberose perfection to my nose, and also nothing like Fracas in my humble opinion.

The tuberose in Narcotic Venus is fresh and balanced alongside equally dominant notes of jasmine and lily. While Fracas was too buttery and strong for my tastes, Narcotic Venus tends to be smoother and more refined. This fragrance does project well, don't get me wrong, but it's strong in a way that is enticing, not offensive.

I find this composition to be rather sensual despite its pure, white floral emphasis. It's very feminine and rich on the skin, perhaps even slightly indolic. Due to its delightfully crisp and refreshing approach, and lack of creaminess, Narcotic Venus could wear well as a fragrance for all seasons.

I love the name Narcotic Venus, and I think it suits this fragrance well. It is indeed very intoxicating and feminine in regards to the "women are from Venus" theory. I enjoy smelling Narcotic Venus, and could endure smelling it for hours without discovering boredom.

I don't really smell much in the way of spices, so I'll say that the spicy accord is very subtle if even there at all. Narcotic Venus was made for white floral enthusiasts, there's no doubt about it. I'm rather glad I have gone out of my way to test it and experience the Nasomatto brand, which is something I aim to explore further in the future.

Narcotic Venus has longevity to match its pleasing sillage, and while the extrait de parfum description baffles me, it lasts like that of an EDP or parfum. I highly recommend.

MariaSMariaS 1 month ago
It smells like white flowers. End of story! It’s innocent feminine with good longevity and sillage, versatile but nothing impressive.
LexaLexa 4 years ago
A radious tuberose all along the 10 hours! Very wearable but nothing new under the sun.Tuberose and that's all!
SerepaveSerepave 6 years ago
My new love:-)
it remembers me insolence by guerlaine, but i don't know why...
It is my new child:-)

by Lexa
by Serepave
by Serepave

Popular Nasomatto

Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Fantomas (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto