Narcotic VenusNarcotic V. (2007) Extrait de Parfum

Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Narcotic Venus is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 10.04.2019

2013 the scent was renamed to Narcotic V.

8.0 10.0 10.0 3.5/10

Polyanthes
Shoulder pads and a steely determination. ...
From the website "the fragrance is the result of a quest for the overwhelming addictive intensity of female sexual power."

I have to admit I'm discombobulated by the contrast between the name and claim of this perfume and what I'm smelling on my skin. I know I have a genuine sample, so what is going on?
Perhaps this 'cool and clean' treatment of tuberose does not like my skin chemistry because I have a similar problem with Carnal Flower. They are both just plain mean to me.
Narcotic Venus smells to me like the flowers (there are a lot of them and they are STRONG) are laundry fresh from a hefty measure of Persil Automatic and sprayed with extremely clean smelling white musk, heavily masking any yummy natural skin smells rather than joining them. How is that sexy?
I'm no stranger to tuberose but I like mine warmer, more friendly and intimate, with a bit of a growl.

I'm not writing this just for the purpose of slating the perfume, I'm so happy if you have found a beautiful tuberose for yourself. But I wanted to add a contrasting review as most of them here seem to be very positive. I think potential buyers of NV might find it helpful to know that this perfume doesn't work for some of us.

NV - Very strong, assertive, clean and fresh. Professional tuberose. Shoulder-pads and a steely determination that can power-play all day. Try before you buy.

Tuberose and Nothing Else
In spite of the fact that this scent was the"result of a quest for the overwhelming addictive intensity of female sexual power" do not expect to be perceived as "femme fatale" when you wear it. Beside the first impression ,which is very strong(almost like a bomb) , a beautiful flower symphonie tuberose centered will delight you. You can almost recognise few notes from Michael(Michael Korrs) and even from Fracas but please do not expect to find the same sexual power like in Fracas. It is a classical floral ,not in the sensual way, but in the way of expressing feminity and sweetness. Later on it is developing nicely into a skinscent, a very feminine one. I can say, without making a mistake, that Narcotic Venus did not succed to be as Narcotic as it was imagined but it is very Venus.
7.5/10

Feminine
Absolutely adore this fragrance. I like it so much I feel the urge to taste it.

Actually at first I thought it wasn't for me, but it is! I disliked RP's Fracas and BK's Beyond Love and because of that nearly dismissed NV. I also read some very bad (experts) reviews. Non of this I found true.

I adore Narcotic Venus and yes, it is strong, very flowery and very feminine. But in a good way! Yummy.
5.0 5.0 10.0 8.0/10

Blossoming Venus
Venus de Milo in her half-baked shell, understood the nature of love very well. She said, "A good love is delicious, you can't get enough too soon. It makes you so crazy you want to swallow the moon." - Jupiter by Jewel Kilcher (1998).

The statement of one of my favorite songs by Jewel is true. The Venus understood it indeed. She isn't the goddess of love for nothing. She evokes the love for tuberose. A love that couldn't be more delicious. Just the right thing for a big longing for white flowers. Well, I don't feel the need of swallowing the moon or feel narcotic, but I don't have to. "Narcotic Venus" just pleases me. The distinct floral character of the scent that offers a lot of tuberose is successful enough. I find it much more fresh than spicy with its determining tuberose sweetness. Customized for me. The small portion of jasmine in it is negligible, so this makes it a beautiful tuberose soliflore in a tender rose color. I may call it Venus red. Can you get enough of it? You surely can because one spray is enough to spend a day & a night with the Venus in the tuberose fields. That's certainly a nice thing to do.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sexy tuberose - women are from Venus
I personally adore tuberose in fragrances, but only when it is light or sweet. Narcotic Venus is tuberose perfection to my nose, and also nothing like Fracas in my humble opinion.

The tuberose in Narcotic Venus is fresh and balanced alongside equally dominant notes of jasmine and lily. While Fracas was too buttery and strong for my tastes, Narcotic Venus tends to be smoother and more refined. This fragrance does project well, don't get me wrong, but it's strong in a way that is enticing, not offensive.

I find this composition to be rather sensual despite its pure, white floral emphasis. It's very feminine and rich on the skin, perhaps even slightly indolic. Due to its delightfully crisp and refreshing approach, and lack of creaminess, Narcotic Venus could wear well as a fragrance for all seasons.

I love the name Narcotic Venus, and I think it suits this fragrance well. It is indeed very intoxicating and feminine in regards to the "women are from Venus" theory. I enjoy smelling Narcotic Venus, and could endure smelling it for hours without discovering boredom.

I don't really smell much in the way of spices, so I'll say that the spicy accord is very subtle if even there at all. Narcotic Venus was made for white floral enthusiasts, there's no doubt about it. I'm rather glad I have gone out of my way to test it and experience the Nasomatto brand, which is something I aim to explore further in the future.

Narcotic Venus has longevity to match its pleasing sillage, and while the extrait de parfum description baffles me, it lasts like that of an EDP or parfum. I highly recommend.

Lexa 3 years ago
A radious tuberose all along the 10 hours! Very wearable but nothing new under the sun.Tuberose and that's all!+1
Serepave 4 years ago
My new love:-)
it remembers me insolence by guerlaine, but i don't know why...
It is my new child:-)+2

by Lexa
by Serepave
by Serepave

Popular Nasomatto

Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto