Silver Musk (2007)Extrait de Parfum

Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-powdery. It is still in production.

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.01.2020.

8.0 9.5/10

DerDefcon
What could be in here? About mere assumptions and uncertainties
Alessandro Gualtieri seems to like to do without the indication of the fragrances, so that the large rate is almost provoked. Well, the name "Silver Musk" betrays a fragrance - musk, silver musk. What exactly is that supposed to be? What can you imagine by it precisely?

In my still quite young perfume career, I learned that many fragrances don't have just one, two or three appearances. I used to associate musk only with sweet animalism, sweat and musty things. Many fragrances show that there is another way, but this one here, the "Silver Musk", stands out in its otherness.

It all begins with a more than discreetly fruity note, which I am not sure whether it is lemon or bergamot, which is all too popular for top notes. In any case, nothing here scratches or stings. That's not a lemon that would burn on your burst lips. If it is the bergamot again, it is not one that will jump on you loudly, as you know from many other scents.
Parallel to the gentle lemon - or bergamot? - the musk, that doesn't appear at all musty, sweaty or animalistic, joins itself. This silver musk - what a fitting name by the way - smells creamy and clean. The whole thing reminds me a little of freshly washed laundry. This is underlaid with a slightly creamy sweetness, which is not unusual for musk - this one too -. Furthermore, nothing can be felt or smelled of animalism. What luck.

Behind the silvery-clean cream and the lemon-bergamotte riddle, which cannot be broken down for me, hides another scent. It blends in perfectly with the composition, seems almost self-evident and is therefore unlikely to be actively perceived. However, in my eyes it provides the right amount of powderiness, which underlines the cream of the musk appropriately. What this is about can only be guessed at. I mean, we are dealing here with a very clean and therefore almost metallic iris, which appears very quiet and rather pulls the strings in the background. It seems to me that it functions as the link between the silver musk and the bergamot lemon puzzle. It is a link that provides the big stage for other components - such as the musk -, provides the atmosphere and the perfect performance in the background and only then gets the well-deserved applause when this is actively pointed out, similar to what one experiences in many theatrical performances.

At the end we get a silvery-clean scent veil, which shines with a minimal metallic note, but whose creaminess never causes irritated nasal mucous membranes. The only discreet lemon or bergamot chord complements all this suitably.
Actually, it is wrong that I wrote "At the end we get" at the beginning of this paragraph, because I can't make out a real course of fragrance. Everything starts at the same time, is there immediately, but has to be worked out step by step by the nose. Just because I needed a little longer with the iris I suspected, doesn't mean that it wasn't there right from the start.

With "Silver Musk", Alessandro Gualtieri has created something that is olfactory scarce in many respects. Fragrance notes are rhymed together, their interplay as well as the question regarding the sillage is difficult to answer. The silver veil comes and goes, sometimes strong, sometimes less strong, but never obtrusive or disturbing. I can't assess his need to communicate properly even after several tests and so I won't award any stars with regard to Sillage, because if I evaluate something, I want to do so correctly and with absolute certainty. Unfortunately, this does not seem possible to me here. But as far as the fragrance itself and its durability on the skin are concerned, I am less confronted with problems. But scroll up for this and see for yourself.
7.0 7.0 9.0 9.5/10

Pollita
Dreamlike tender or manly bitter?
Thanks to Kitho I was able to test this fragrance and it is indeed special. Unlike many others here, I take him was very strong. A sprayer and the scent is everywhere, pulling a huge cloud behind it for my nose. He has a bit of D&G Feminine and also Metallica from Guerlain, as I mentioned here, which I like very much. I can only smell it from a distance. When I sniff directly at my wrist, I smell a rather harsh, masculine scent. And that irritates me a lot.

I know that from Absinthe from Nasomatto. I also found it dreamlike, but something disturbed me and kept me from getting it for me in the end.

Funnily enough, my husband can barely smell him. He said earlier, "How, you just sprayed it on. He almost smells like nothing, really weak."

I'm honestly not sure what to do with this scent yet. Probably best to let it sink for a while. He's absolutely classy, but he's very, very special. In any case, test extensively.

5.0 8.0 9.0/10

Advanced fragrances.
Pheromones. In my younger years it was quite a topic that was of interest to me. Due to a lack of willingness to mate on the part of the female fellow human beings I had in mind, as well as the full-bodied promises of the manufacturers of pheromone products, I could not avoid this topic. Supposedly, the wearer of such products should be surrounded by an imperceptible scenttaura, which is tasted by female persons in such a way that attempts at rapprochement would most probably be crowned with success.

On the other hand, I was reluctant to throw money at charlatans for dubious promises. I was in a dilemma that could only be resolved by the investment of ninety-nine marks and a field trial.

To cut a long story short: My success rate remained, despite pheromone scenting, in the lowest double-digit percentage range and I gave up hope for pheromone support in lovemaking.

But now Silver Musk enters my life and I have to say I couldn't be more surprised about his appearance and his effect. But from the top:

It reached me a filling of this fragrance and I first thought I had a diluted product in my hands, so minimal was the fragrance on my hand after two test sprayers. A look at the reputation of my supplier here in the forum taught me better. That had to be the original.

And so I quickly chopped off the silver musk for four euros a milliliter and booked the invested fifteen euros as apprenticeship money. Too early, as it turns out.

While I was still doing my paperwork and didn't think about Silver Musk anymore, I suddenly got a wonderful musk breath, only to disappear again. My nose went reflexively towards the back of my hand and indeed: the scent was alive. And vehemently for many hours. Only not as I was used to from other fragrances, but fluid, transparent, diffuse. He was there, but very unclear, and always drew attention to himself, in a way that I would describe as reserved, beautiful, and attractive.

Since I was invited to dinner with my best, most honest, critical and competent friend on Sunday, this was the moment for a test of the fragrance. I took four sprayers, smelled almost nothing, and increased to six sprayers (less than 0.07ml spray head).

Already on the outward journey in the bus I had the unmistakable feeling that I was attractively scented. Young ladies sat down near me and spread their nostrils, it seemed to me. Then I talked to my friends and in the afternoon my friend suddenly said: "You smell good today. And convincing." Whoa! So far she had only discussed "Lumiere Noire" so well ("Should you buy it!"), but I can't bear it. I also mean to have noticed a special need for closeness to me on this day. All very subtle but still noticeable. Also on the way back a young lady looked for my nearness, which of course can also be a coincidence.

When I came back to my apartment in the evening, in the room where I had sprayed myself six times, I was greeted by a beautiful hint of Silver Musk, which was still perceptible the next morning
The bottle is ordered and I am very curious to see how the fragrance works. Anyway, it's a perfect fragrance for someone who doesn't want to smell right but somehow does. Do you understand what I mean?
8.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

No Musk, no Fun
One might think that Silver Musk is the simplest and most accessible fragrance, given the theoretical content of Alessandro Guelteries. Despite the relatively simple structure as well as the apparent familiarity of the ingredients and the resulting lack of element of surprise, contradiction or joy of experimentation, he is far from boring or even stuffy.

On the contrary, because Silver Musk is a sophisticatedly composed through and through high-quality Extrait de Parfum that lets its fine silver threads shine brilliantly in the light - no matter whether during the day glistening from the sun or at night mysteriously from the moon.

The citric notes start refreshing and clear, followed by velvety powder with soft movements. When the warming musk mixes in just as silently, the harmony seems to be perfect. Here, with lemon, the iris-like and the musk substitute, things come together that seem rather contradictory, but complement each other congenially and radiate an imposing tranquillity and sublimity.

Cool Water may seem refreshing in some way, but Silver Musk is the true cool in the form of standing above things and having the situation under control at all times without seeming overly committed. That's exactly what this fragrance embodies, which with L´Eau by Andy Tauer has an equal brother in spirit, but which for me has a ticking more sophistication and definitely more durability and projection. They also had a good 10 years time to develop Silver Musk further as a model. But I think, who likes the one will also be able to do just as much with the other.
10.0 7.5 4.0/10

Synthetic musk
I am a musk lover, but this perfume is a failure for me, too metallic, I could not wait to scrub it of from my arm, if anybody loves this they are luck because the longevity of this perfume is incredible. It's awful for me. Next.
10.0 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Massive Cardamom and Musk Attack
I read the 'previews" for this along time ago, I know this is on the high end of the high end of Niche and quite pricey, so when I encountered live & in person at the boutique yesterday...I had to go for maximum ...that's two sprays for me and I figured...perfect for a night out on the town for my birthday! Well, let me. Just to back-track for a minute, on paper...this is all cardamom pudding soft creamy spicy and alluring, with a capital "C!" , a spicy chai tea that felt so soothing and reminded me distinctly of the rice pudding with fresh cardamom pods and vanilla beans I made last week. So simple and yet so enticing...I dropped the other 10 possible new paramourous sample sticks and went back to spray this on my skin. I was deep into fragrance testing...maybe on my 20 fragrance of my big birthday fragrance sniffing extravaganza, when I hit the Nasomatto display table...I opted to just try this one from his line- leaving "Nuda" and "Narcotic Venus" for my next sniffing adventure. I quickly whiffed "Black Afgano" because...well, come on, the cap itself is enough to blow your mind and no one goes to New York City and doesn't visit Time Square, right?! AnyWho...back to "Silver Musk", on paper, was clean, spicy and I could barely detect the musk...the kind of musk that melts into your skin and becomes part of you with a delicious chai cardamom note on top. In my mind I was screaming "NO!" please don't tell me that of all the 50 or so Niche fragrances in this lovely, well stocked Boutique in Fremont, Seattle...you are about to fall for the most expensive, eccentric and exclusive line available...ugh...this is going to create marital discord, for sure! Well I decided I would wear Silver Musk last night for my dinner party and really give it a test run. OMG!WTF!HS! What a musky night I had...on my skin, the cardamom all but disappeared within two hours and turned into what I can only describe as the smell of a boyfriend I had in the early 90s who spent long hours in front of his computer and jogging and didn't always remember to shower, but it was so sexy because he was young and hot looking, but now on me...not so sexy. More like Funky, funky, funky! Not a totally unattractive smell, but definitely not a daytime office scent and I would caution any female to really wear this for a week in between the change of Spring and Summer before going for a Full bottle...it was quite tenacious! The sillage was moderate to low (thank goodness) otherwise...I would have been embarrassed to wear this in a restaurant or public space...it was like having a sweaty intimate experience in public...not a good idea, really. But the Longevity...a solid 8-10 hours... before I started scrubbing it with four different brands of soap and hot water. So, affirmative! Yes, I believe that if this is your HG scent, this is worth the large price tag for the 30 ml extract..it last forever! The Sales Rep at the boutique, begrudgingly gave me a sample, but she delicately insisted that I spray a bit of Serge Luten's "Nuit de Cellophane" on my other hand and a bit of L'Artisan's "Traversee du Bosphore" on the other as if she just knew I was going to regret slathering this powerhouse musk on myself in a couple of hours. Her final word were... Silver Musk, the Perfumer...he is quite eccentric and his creation will...haunt you. Indeed. I was haunted and frankly I came home and showered intensely at 2 am before I felt safe to get into my bed...Silver Musk scared the begeezus out of me!!! Approach with caution...this is NO silly flimsy Bollywood stuff!

KingPin 10 months ago
Clean, soapy white musk. Shortly after application a whiff of cannabis pops by, but is soon gone. Good longevity.
9.0

by TheScenter
by tIgerknurren
by tIgerknurren

Popular Nasomatto

Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto