Silver Musk (2007) Extrait de Parfum

Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto

Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nasomatto for women and men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCitric notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPowdery notes
Base Notes Base NotesMusk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.02.2019

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
No Musk, no Fun
One might think that Silver Musk is the simplest and most accessible fragrance, given the theoretical content of Alessandro Guelteries. Despite the relatively simple structure as well as the apparent familiarity of the ingredients and the resulting lack of element of surprise, contradiction or joy of experimentation, he is far from boring or even stuffy.

On the contrary, because Silver Musk is a sophisticatedly composed through and through high-quality Extrait de Parfum that lets its fine silver threads shine brilliantly in the light - no matter whether during the day glistening from the sun or at night mysteriously from the moon.

The citric notes start refreshing and clear, followed by velvety powder with soft movements. When the warming musk mixes in just as silently, the harmony seems to be perfect. Here, with lemon, the iris-like and the musk substitute, things come together that seem rather contradictory, but complement each other congenially and radiate an imposing tranquillity and sublimity.

Cool Water may seem refreshing in some way, but Silver Musk is the true cool in the form of standing above things and having the situation under control at all times without seeming overly committed. That's exactly what this fragrance embodies, which with L´Eau by Andy Tauer has an equal brother in spirit, but which for me has a ticking more sophistication and definitely more durability and projection. They also had a good 10 years time to develop Silver Musk further as a model. But I think, who likes the one will also be able to do just as much with the other.
Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 4.0/10
Synthetic musk
I am a musk lover, but this perfume is a failure for me, too metallic, I could not wait to scrub it of from my arm, if anybody loves this they are luck because the longevity of this perfume is incredible. It's awful for me. Next.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Massive Cardamom and Musk Attack
I read the 'previews" for this along time ago, I know this is on the high end of the high end of Niche and quite pricey, so when I encountered live & in person at the boutique yesterday...I had to go for maximum ...that's two sprays for me and I figured...perfect for a night out on the town for my birthday! Well, let me. Just to back-track for a minute, on paper...this is all cardamom pudding soft creamy spicy and alluring, with a capital "C!" , a spicy chai tea that felt so soothing and reminded me distinctly of the rice pudding with fresh cardamom pods and vanilla beans I made last week. So simple and yet so enticing...I dropped the other 10 possible new paramourous sample sticks and went back to spray this on my skin. I was deep into fragrance testing...maybe on my 20 fragrance of my big birthday fragrance sniffing extravaganza, when I hit the Nasomatto display table...I opted to just try this one from his line- leaving "Nuda" and "Narcotic Venus" for my next sniffing adventure. I quickly whiffed "Black Afgano" because...well, come on, the cap itself is enough to blow your mind and no one goes to New York City and doesn't visit Time Square, right?! AnyWho...back to "Silver Musk", on paper, was clean, spicy and I could barely detect the musk...the kind of musk that melts into your skin and becomes part of you with a delicious chai cardamom note on top. In my mind I was screaming "NO!" please don't tell me that of all the 50 or so Niche fragrances in this lovely, well stocked Boutique in Fremont, Seattle...you are about to fall for the most expensive, eccentric and exclusive line available...ugh...this is going to create marital discord, for sure! Well I decided I would wear Silver Musk last night for my dinner party and really give it a test run. OMG!WTF!HS! What a musky night I had...on my skin, the cardamom all but disappeared within two hours and turned into what I can only describe as the smell of a boyfriend I had in the early 90s who spent long hours in front of his computer and jogging and didn't always remember to shower, but it was so sexy because he was young and hot looking, but now on me...not so sexy. More like Funky, funky, funky! Not a totally unattractive smell, but definitely not a daytime office scent and I would caution any female to really wear this for a week in between the change of Spring and Summer before going for a Full bottle...it was quite tenacious! The sillage was moderate to low (thank goodness) otherwise...I would have been embarrassed to wear this in a restaurant or public space...it was like having a sweaty intimate experience in public...not a good idea, really. But the Longevity...a solid 8-10 hours... before I started scrubbing it with four different brands of soap and hot water. So, affirmative! Yes, I believe that if this is your HG scent, this is worth the large price tag for the 30 ml extract..it last forever! The Sales Rep at the boutique, begrudgingly gave me a sample, but she delicately insisted that I spray a bit of Serge Luten's "Nuit de Cellophane" on my other hand and a bit of L'Artisan's "Traversee du Bosphore" on the other as if she just knew I was going to regret slathering this powerhouse musk on myself in a couple of hours. Her final word were... Silver Musk, the Perfumer...he is quite eccentric and his creation will...haunt you. Indeed. I was haunted and frankly I came home and showered intensely at 2 am before I felt safe to get into my bed...Silver Musk scared the begeezus out of me!!! Approach with caution...this is NO silly flimsy Bollywood stuff!

by Strehliwood
by Mezzanine
by TheScenter
by TheScenter

Popular Nasomatto

Black Afgano (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Absinth (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Silver Musk (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Hindu Grass (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Narcotic Venus / Narcotic V. (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum by Nasomatto Black Afgano (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto China White (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Duro (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Baraonda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Pardon (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Blamage (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nudiflorum (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto Nuda (Oil-based Extrait de Parfum) by Nasomatto