Voyage (2006) Eau de Toilette

Voyage (Eau de Toilette) by Nautica
Bottle Design: Ken Hirst

Voyage (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Nautica for men and was released in 2006. The scent is aquatic-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Leaves
Heart Notes Heart NotesLotus, Mimosa
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Moss, Musk, Cedar

Submitted by DerThomyDer, last update on 07.06.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

will most likely re-purchase
This is one of the oldest colognes I have, bought it so far back it may have gone bad already but it still smell great. This fresh aquatic fragrance is great, caught me the first time I sprayed it (it was a blind buy) and it still catches me. I know nothing about the fragrance game and bought it because I didn't want to spend much but as time went by I figured what a great pick it was.
The price is low but the value is high
8.0 6.0 7.0 7.5/10

Voyage of the Salty Super Aquate
Re-formulated version (plastic cap)

Shelf life:
still clearly perceptible even after showering.

Fragrance:
Salty & algae-green somewhat flowery male aquatics (but just right, not obtrusive like with very good)

Fragrance course: No "real" course.
Will only be a little "sour (apple) - flowery - green (lotus, mimosa, cedar) - mossy
but still remains aquatically salty fresh.

Sillage: comfortable 20-50 cm depending on dosage.

Durability: with me 2-4 hours correctly perceptible then close to the body.

Price/Performance:
Unbeatable!
currently 16€ at the most popular online store, even with Prime Versand.

To the synthetic - let's be honest, every aquatic is synthetic.
This one just has the typical aquatic synthetics.
If you have a problem with that you just fill yourself apple citrus water a bottle.

I don't smell plastic, which plastic does please smell like ?
? scratchy it's minimal.
(for me it's salty) - I feel slightly scratchy as a man but everyone has his own.

Simple and Nice Fresh/Soapy Scent
SOTD: Nautica Voyage: As of 01/22/19

A very pleasing simple fresh scent from Nautica, A summer freshy I detect the Apple, Green leaves, musk, amber, lotus. I'm getting a fresh soapy vibe, my nose detects a cucumber but cucumber is not listed on the notes, probably from the green leaves and lotus getting that cucumber vibe. I can't wait till I use more of this fragrance for the summer. Great value and is a must have

Rating

Scent: 7.5/10
Design/Presentation: 8/10
Value: 9/10
Longevity/Performance: 7.5/10: Lasted on my skin/skin scent around 8+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10

My SOTD (Scent of the Day): Nautica Voyage EDT: As of 03/04/19

My 2nd wearing of this fragrance made this my office scent of the day as of 03/04/19, how I like this scent not just a office scent and as well a spring/summer freshie for the daytime. My nose detects the green apple, musk, amber, lotus and cedar. Is an easy dumb reach for the spring/summer. Value is great and scent is good, you can't go wrong with the Nautica Voyage. It's a freshie summer time scent.

Overall: 7.5 out of 10
Longevity/Performance: 8 out of 10: 6-8 sprays: Lasted on my skin as a skin scent around 8-10+ hrs
9.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

The Cliffs of Moher's Dewy and Mossy Smell
Voyage by Nautica was one of the first batches of fragrances I bought online when I started getting more and more into fragrances. Actually, this scent is not a trivial journey or voyage... it will take you on a trip to a faraway land, it has this cool green grassland, lake, summer vibe to it.
Unconventionally fresh, like a cool and crisp ocean breeze but not salty nor aquatic. So damn impressive and unique, it expertly captures the spirit of the ocean. For the sake of clarity, Voyage does not smell like the ocean, but notes such as green leaves, lotus blossom, and musk blend so smoothly together you will want to ride a boat along the coast when you wear this.
It is extremely watery smelling yet without any calone and is one of the greatest wet scents I've ever smelled after CK Truth for men. Noteworthy, Voyage is practically unknown in Europe, I have never met anyone who wore it. So this scent is unique here.

Voyage has a bold, masculine smell featuring a fusion of dewy moss and woody amber. It opens with crispy notes of fresh-cut apple and cool green leaves. The green apple is not so strong, ain't similar to Boss Bottled as an example, rather the green leaves dominate the opening with an aroma closely alike to cucumber peel. The lack of citrus fruits in this stage is a bit uncommon, yet the resulting accord is so dewy, wet, and fresh and gives a very pleasant summer feeling. To me, it's more aromatic and floral than aquatic but the green notes add it a lush, natural aquatic tone... There is also a slight metallic accord ain't powerful as in Azzaro Chrome.

The heart possesses what is described as the sailcloth accord, which features hemp, air, and deep aquatic aromas, fused with drenched mimosa and water lotus. Here it starts to get a slender soapiness which is not from the sailcloth accord but, from the blossoms. The lotus flower is known for its soapy and powdery freshness. The best thing about this is that the soapy quality isn't quiet, to me it's even stronger than the opening of the fragrance.

The warm, woody base is soft and blends notes of moss, cedarwood, amber, and musk, which is great cause most aquatics with woody bases tend to go overboard with moss and woods. The woody and soapy accords give this fragrance an after the rain vibe to me, if you were on a beach after it stopped raining this is what it would smell like.

Overall Voyage is filed as fresh and there are no really big spicy notes, yet it has a very smooth aquatic aroma that makes it perfect for summertime daily wear., with moderate longevity and projection. Finally, I would say it is ageless despite being targeted as a teen scent. Come on, it's just a good aquatic scent. I feel legit pulling that stuff and I'm 50 something. I have many summer bottles in my collection and sometimes I go back to it.

Voyage is another example where "best" does not imply expensively, rather there is a great Inexpensive fragrance for men available in the market which you pay very fewer bucks and get high value for it. Bear in mind, I am using the reformulated bottle with the plastic cap, which is made with lots of synthetic ingredients. Well... Big surprises, perfumes are synthetic, but Nautica Voyage does a good job at being a pleasant, mild, aquatic fragrance.

-Elysium
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Ajlen
Showergel ER (extended range)
I don't know if all that talk about the "summer of the century" has been sucked away yet. The fact is that this long and constant heat period was ideal for testing summer fresh fish. The one or other comment will surely follow. In the end, however, it wasn't the very young things that convinced us. But Nautica's voyage was at the front of my personal "Heavy Rotation".

Voyage isn't new to me, but I've rediscovered it for myself. That's all the more amazing because he's so super-simple knitted. I would even like to suspect that this is the simplest fragrance in my collection. A little apple, some green and some wood. A pinch of bright flowers and a lot of clean musk. There you go. You can't really speak of course, rather linear with a musky finish. A lot of people talk about shower gel. I'll sign it. A simple, but good, refreshing shower gel. And in the very best sense!

Now I would say that a fresh shower in midsummer temperatures is probably the most pleasant thing I can personally imagine. In a world full of sweaty bodies and failing deodorants I would like to take up the lance for shower gel. The problem: in most cases the shower gel has a maximum freshness time from the shower tray to the bath mat. Once you're dry, you're "through" again. And exactly at this point Voyage comes into play: This minimal complex little water manages to save my fresh shower feeling over the day. That's why I awarded it the 2018 Summer Special Award ER for a shower gel feeling with extended range. Sometimes it just doesn't need to feel good anymore.

A few words on durability and reformulation. I have both formulations and yes, the old version with metal cap is stronger. But also the new version is still quite potent, if you don't expect miracles. In my opinion, nothing that cannot be compensated by a slightly higher dosage.

My conclusion: Simple, uncomplicated, inexpensive and without nerve factor. Perfect for hot days and between two showers. ;-)
10.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

RAFLE
Cucumbery/Appley/Melony/Watery/Transparent and easy to wear
The title should describe how I feel about it's smell. Performance wise is also quite impressive, lasts for anywhere between 8-12 hours on my skin and projects great for 5-6 hours. Also even though it is quite strong for a summer scent I think it is quite hard to over spray it or even offend anyone with this one, since it is quite a transparent scent.
The 10 for the design of the bottle applies to the old bottle with the metal cap, the one with the plastic cap would get a 7-7.5.
6.0 6.0 7.0 8.0/10

Frma
Fresh sea breeze on a full beach instead of a storm of enthusiasm
I really liked Nautica Voyage at the beginning of my fragrance experience. The fragrance is not exaggeratedly masculine, but primarily just aquatic-fresh.

The moss and musk notes are present throughout. In the top note these are supplemented by apple, the short lasting heart note reminds me slightly of lotus. In the base note, the moss and musk remain. Unfortunately, the shelf life after reformulation is somewhat limited. The intensity decreases rapidly (1-2 hours). After about 5 hours, the scent is barely perceptible. For an aquatic ok, but unfortunately not as good as before.

The fragrance embodies a fresh showered feeling due to the restraint. But with it it looks well-groomed, pleasing and in large crowds (e.g. subway) in summer it is still very pleasant for me.

For me, however, it remains the pleasant breeze, a storm of enthusiasm can no longer get around. I.e. the enthusiasm for this fragrance decreased for me with the addition of further fragrance experience, unfortunately, quickly. Too synthetic-exchangeable, technically certainly immaculate, without corners and edges. Thus, however, rather weak in character. Other aquatics such as Acqua by Jeanne en Provence became more interesting due to their more natural scent.

In the end, however, I still wear the scent in everyday life. Especially on very warm summer days, the scent simply gives you the feeling of coming fresh out of the shower. In my opinion, the not completely pronounced own character becomes the trump card here: it pleases most people, is pleasantly discreet and fresh. Who wouldn't wish in a full tram that everyone in the vicinity had a fresh shower?

You can't!!!
A universal and chemical fragrance with a musk base that is not surprising with cheap fragrances. It just ruined the morning for me personally, even after disinfection alcohol you can still smell the sweet artificial musk. ...and by the way, comparing zero to Azzaro's Chrome!
8.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Cool off...
For me, the fragrance fits perfectly into midsummer. No matter if you are doing sports in the studio or sitting outside with your friends on a warm summer night enjoying a delicious cold drink. A little bit of holiday feeling with a sprayer.

The scent itself smells to me like a metallic cool slightly bitter apple, mixed with a dash of sea salt. Very aquatic and ozone-like. It cools you down immediately, so to speak.
You stand on the edge of the cliffs and a fresh breeze of sea air blows into your face.
There's a slight synthetic touch, but it doesn't bother me at all. Durability and Sillage are top.

The bottle with the light blue shimmering liquid looks great and already gives a small hint: Attention: freshness kick ;-) .

One of my favorites and unique aquatics.

In my opinion, the price-performance ratio is excellent.

10.0 5.0 6.0 8.0/10

Nice cheap fresh scent
Bought 100 ml back in Dec. 2014 for around 25 Euros. I have used it daily for college/work - as in year-round for 2 years. It is a nice fresh, summer scent, that reminds me of a barbershop mixed with cucumber-water. It is a light green scent, that wont offend anybody. It can be used all year round, if you are working indoors - be it blue/white collar work or in college/university. Any age can use this, maybe best for people in the 20's, but I'm in my 40's and love it. Since my collection has grown, I do not use it as often anymore, but still use in the summer time and to college/work. I have used it for job interviews, do to it is a light green scent. Projection is for me around 2-3 hours and can still be smelled after 5-7 hours. For me, I'll be buying this one again, when I run out.
6.0 6.0 6.0 8.0/10

good choice
Whoever has a budget of about 20 euros per 100 ml of eau de toilette will have to take this option into account (even if it is reformulated)!
It is a summer fragrance (but also spring) with an aquatic, slightly salty scent. It's refreshing and clean. It's versatile and I think it's safe blind-buy. It's clear my taste.
I have a good projection of 1-1.5 hours, good longevity over 6 hours and packaging looks good.
At this money I am very satisfied. I bought a 50 ml but followed directly the 100 ml bottle.

LookOut
Love it! One of my most complimented summer fragrances
This smells like a classic marine scent, but more ... green (a bit weird to allocate a colour to a scent, but oh well).

I'd describe it as kind of a "walk through a forest along the coast". The green leaves and the flower notes take care of that mostly. The smell of green apple is also clearly noticeable, especially in the beginning (making it smell a bit sweeter for a while). When drying down, the marine smell emerges.

So in short: a clean, fresh floral marine scent (hence "aquatic floral") with a touch of green apple. Just be careful when spraying, because it's a bit of a sharp scent (especially the opening). On top of that, the bottle sprays twice when you press it all the way down (at least that's what mine does), so extra care is needed.
2.5 7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Great!
Thumns up for Voyage: fruity and fresh, with a great lasting power and sillage.

Wonderful all-year-around scent which works even better on hot days.

I can smell a clear apple note and other green notes over a cedar base.

That's a great work of Maurice Roucel. The price? Very cheap. Absolutely worth it.

Updated January 2014

jtd
what's the reference point?
Maybe the true problem is that I don't understand why "aquatic" fragrances are considered intrinsically aquatic. Do they bear any more relationship to water than any other particular style fragrance style? I believe it's the triple whammy of conditioning: 1) This category of scent has been used in so many masculine shower, shave, and grooming products that men have been conditioned to affiliate them with water. 2) Water, water (and glossy advertising) everywhere. We’ve grown numb to the models’ antiseptic sweat of leisure and their stoic tolerance of the yachting life, but the water has seeped into our brains. 3) These aquatic scents are composed without any of the seamy bits that have made classical perfumes nuanced and suggestive: nothing animalic or indolic, no funky musk. No living reference point. Hence the fascinating marketing that has sold us on the scent of the ubiquitous but odorless water. Aquatic? Marine? Ozonic?! This word is one of the greatest ciphers in perfumery and advertising, proving the point that through careless repetition, a word that has no fixed significance gains a sweeping vagueness of reference at the same time that it loses any precise meaning. If I sound snobbish, I apologize. I’m simply in awe at the power of the marketing.

I found Nautica Voyage for quite cheap, hazily remembered something about it, looked up Luca Turin's review and then bought it. I love Roucel's Missoni, so wanted to try what Turin had likened to Missoni in what I had hoped would be that unicorn, that transgression of gender: the pretty floral for men. I can vaguely smell the similar componentry to Missoni, but it’s nothing compared to Voyage's derivation of Cool Water.

Voyage is Cool Water, minus. Minus the metal astringency that balances the non-specified fruit. Minus boldness. Minus refinement. Minus a nice smell.

Derivative not subversive, Nautica Voyage is one of the hordes of clones riding Cool Water's coat tails that Turin and most other perfume critics refer to at some time or other.

Carlitos01 52 days ago
Fresh & clean is my best definition for this scent. Great apple, florals & musky moss. For my astonishment it draws a lot of compliments.+2
Pio 70 days ago
Lovely fresh and rather harmless scent. Great for everyday use.
MrHonest 20 months ago
My 2007 bottle is still PROJECTING after 10 hours. BEAST MODE performance. One of the most appealing average synthetic messes out there.+4
6.0
10.0
PMRP12 2 years ago
A beautiful, crisp, salty sea breeze that evokes being in the sun and on the water.+3
Elysium 3 years ago
IMHO this is the best unconventional aquatic-fresh scent I've ever had in my life. It draws compliments, so clean, fresh, watery, longlasting+4

by Thizhy
by AsgardHD
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Nautica

Voyage (Eau de Toilette) by Nautica Voyage N-83 by Nautica Latitude Longitude (Eau de Toilette) by Nautica Nautica (Cologne) by Nautica Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Nautica Aqua Rush Gold by Nautica Aqua Rush by Nautica Oceans by Nautica Competition (1997) (Cologne) by Nautica Life by Nautica Competition (2003) by Nautica Pure Nautica by Nautica Pure Nautica Discovery by Nautica My Voyage by Nautica Island Voyage by Nautica Voyage Sport by Nautica Regatta by Nautica Life Energy by Nautica Summer Voyage by Nautica Voyage Heritage by Nautica