Chasing Autumn 2014

Chasing Autumn by Neil Morris Fragrances
Chasing Autumn is a popular perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is smoky-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Neil Morris

Nagarmotha, Siberian fir needle, Birch tar, Nootka cypress, Coffee, Amber, Nutmeg, Vetiver, Atlas cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.04.2021.

Gandix
Casting out the devil with Belzebub
Chasing Autumn,
what a romantic name,
which immediately awakens images in me,
of a clearing in the forest, the last rays of the sun throwing their light diffusely
through the trees,
'Chasing autumn',
i picture golden leaves.. children chasing after them But far from it,
as soon as I stand in the clearing, all the alarm bells in my body and in my head
shrill 'There's a fire'!!!!!
Rapidly the fire spreads,
the animals go up in ham smoke,
the tarred roads through the woods are blistering,
so great is the heat.
I hear the cries of the animals,
the fear, the agony.
From the trees only ashes remain,
even the blossoms blow away to pale purple dust.
And I stand there, in the clearing,
a mug of coffee in my hand
and won't believe it.....

Don't get me wrong,
it's an excellent, terrific smoke smell,
But if smoke in the fall, why not that of a warm stove,
a campfire, perhaps.
Why do I perceive ham and tar,
in a fragrance that speaks of autumn?
I admit it,
i guess I don't understand him.
But he disappointed me.
My expectations were too high with the name.
I rarely let the name and its reference factor in,
when I rate a fragrance,
but here I do.

Chizza
The forest hut in the mountains
The first time I wanted to hunt the autumn with Neil, I thought, after more than 900 tested scents and a soft spot for rough leather, smoke and the like, there's not much left for me to do that might be too much. Well....doch.
Chasing Autumn took me very much during the first test in the car, I didn't even smell the fetish of Neil on the other arm anymore and who knows him, knows, that means something. Chasing Autumn is probably one of the strongest scents I know. But it is basically not a new invention but reminds me of other works. More about this later. In any case, he has created all the perfumes himself, which is basically sympathetic.

I am not betraying a secret when I say that after the birch tar there is nothing at all. It is so intense, so black that even experienced noses will have a different feeling when using several sprayers. One notices a sharpness and asks oneself where it comes from. The culprit might be the false cypress, which, when you take the leaves, gives off a pungent smell, but in the end will be burned away and so the intensive resin will carry the sharpness within itself. This is probably overwhelming enough olfactorically.

But no, all the ingredients are pushing forward. Nagarmotha is known to be extremely spicy and if you add this to it, i.e. create a spicy-hot tar cloud, then you know what bites your nose. Another note that I notice is exciting in this context. Coffee. Not ground coffee, but rather unroasted. Archaic somewhere, like Chasing Autumn in general.

I cannot perceive the other ingredients individually. The trees will certainly be smoked to carry this intensely smoking and biting scent. It is not possible for me to compare this smoky-black, inhospitable, poisonous-smelling creation. Many fragrances are also pure smoke like Incendo, Black Sheep etc.
in this intensity and radiation, Birch Tar & Russian Leather is the maximum for me, but it smells different.

Suddenly I know what I smell. Soot. What makes sense is that in the past, people used to burn coniferous wood with a high resin content to obtain soot which was needed as a component for other products. Coniferous woods are, for example, fake cypresses and the fir, both of which are present here. This production process was usually carried out in the same hut in which the tar-smolder produced birch tar.

So the autumnal hunt is in the end a stopover in a remote forest hut of this or that profession. By the way: the professions have died out, nowadays there are of course other ways and means. Nevertheless, I have gladly let myself be taken along olfactorically, the scent itself is too strong for me to wear every day, but as an art, we have a successful product here.

Carboytony
New England Autumn in a Bottle!
The aroma of roasting coffee beans greets you, immediately followed by the magical smell of an Autumn bonfire. Gorgeously smokey, gloriously woodsy, just glorious!

There is a most beautiful cedar note in the drydown, accenting the tingling fir and pine notes, complimenting the delicate hardiness of Cypress. These wood notes are out in force and are just so well done! Slight hints of nutmeg are sprinkled throughout the composition, really adding icing to the cake. Amber warms in the drydown as well, it really sparkles in the base notes. Vetiver ties it all together.

by 0815abc
by 0815abc

Popular Neil Morris Fragrances

Fetish by Neil Morris Fragrances Burnt Amber by Neil Morris Fragrances Flowers for Men - Gardenia by Neil Morris Fragrances Earthtones #1: Dark Earth by Neil Morris Fragrances Midnight Forest by Neil Morris Fragrances Leather Garden by Neil Morris Fragrances DevilScent #1 by Neil Morris Fragrances Mystic Dragon by Neil Morris Fragrances October by Neil Morris Fragrances Summoning by Neil Morris Fragrances Coral by Neil Morris Fragrances Zephyr by Neil Morris Fragrances Dark Season by Neil Morris Fragrances Flowers For Men - Rose by Neil Morris Fragrances Midnight At The Crossroads Café by Neil Morris Fragrances Earthtones #3: North Woods by Neil Morris Fragrances Izmir by Neil Morris Fragrances Ambra Obscura by Neil Morris Fragrances Le parfum d'Ida by Neil Morris Fragrances Summer of Love by Neil Morris Fragrances