Fetish by Neil Morris Fragrances
Fetish is a popular perfume by Neil Morris Fragrances for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is leathery-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Neil Morris

MyrrhMyrrh
OudOud
PatchouliPatchouli
RosewoodRosewood

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 25.11.2020.

A very sensuous leather
Wowza, what a leather. I think this may be the sexiest leather fragrance that I've ever smelled. It's a soft and supple, high quality leather. It cuddles you in a sexy and soft, yet erotic scent feel. The myrrh, oud, ambergris and musk just work so well together to bring this out. Hints of Rosewood add to the beauty and the always naughty patchouli just adds to the sensuality of this.

Katad
The back of the tack shop...
My first impression was this is very astringent, like a cleaning product. Then, to my untrained nose many things I am not familiar with, but still giving an underlying pinging of the olfactory part of my brain stem. Then I remember a time in the past spent in a tack room among the leather saddles and bridles. This is a really interesting and versatile scent.

Scentman
Grateful to our Parfumo customers!
Greeting to all my fragrance friends!

I'm finally taking the time to thank you all SO MUCH for your kind words about FETISH and our other fragrances as well. I am so glad that so many of you have enjoyed the scent. We sell our perfumes globally and they do very well but when it comes to FETISH, Germany wins hands down! For that I am eternally grateful to all of you on Parfumo.de. You have made it possible.

I do hope someday to visit Germany and meet you all to thank you in person.

Vielen Dank!

Neil

On The Road
Cancel the life insurance and throw away the mobile phone,
pack your backpack and follow the railroad trail,
wear a Laguiole knife in your boot and fall over,
hurt your face and spit out soil,
barely disinfect the wound and go on,
travel the Trans-Siberian railroad and sit on rugged leather compartment seats,
hang out in a dark dive in Wladiwostok and get in a brawl,
loose a tooth and see a back-street dentist,
laugh (with gold tooth) and buy love in the evening,
go to the open air pool and eat odd ice cream,
team up with non-native Chinese and work in a circus,
foster elephants and sleep on the floor in a tent,
sit at the campfire and guzzle sweet herbal liquor from who knows where,
eat tough beef and laugh again,
find love and receive a talisman as a gift when departing,
travel on a container ship and work hard,
sweat like a sod and crawl into your bunk tired as a dog,
have hardly anything to eat and no one to talk to,
stare at the crucifix in your cabin and listen to jazz on vinyl,
read Moby Dick and eventually arrive at Boston, to
drink an ice-cold coke together with Neil Morris and buy a new flacon of Fetish.

Sweet leather
If you love leather,dirty and
sweet perfumes
then this one is defiantly for you.
I have never smelt anything like it.

I am not the right person to review
Heavy leather,its way to much
for me. I wouldnt be able to where it

Apicius
What kind of fetish is it?
One of the most remarkable fragrances ever discussed on Parfumo is Neil Morris' Fetish, and it has been in the top ten list of unisex scents ever since then! I remember, it was one of the first perfumes that evoked a totally lively discussion on the German site. The reasons for this were: a) it is terrific, b) it is something everybody seemed to have smelled before, and c) almost nobody could tell what it actually smelled like!

Fetish is dark, heady, sweet, earthy, sensual, carnal and oriental. It is base notes only, and all ingredients mingle into a solid character of its own. None of it stands out, and so, Fetish is one of the very few perfumes that smell really unique, and not like just a blend of the pyramid notes to the more experienced users.

And people were guessing. Maybe due to its name, some of them got images of CSD parades, darkrooms, and BDSM equipment with lots of leathery and rubbery smells. Others found that this kind of Fetish much more pointed towards a medical direction. One user mentioned his dentist where he thought he had met this scent. Vague childhood memories were discussed. Another user felt reminded at his medical education in a hospital. Is this Fetish about strict female nurses who make the ill patient feel so dependent?

Finally, somebody hit the spot: Betaisadona!

Betaisadona is a kind of iodine tincture used in healthcare – for cleaning and disinfection of wounds. The strange smell of Betaisadona is something that one will never forget. It is not so unpleasant to smell as one might suppose. Indeed, you might feel tempted to take a sniff once in a while (if you have a bottle of it at home). The scents of some chemical substances can lead to addiction – I mean sniffing glue. I suppose Betaisadona is harmless, yet it gives you the idea of it. It is something strange but nevertheless, you want to smell it again.

And this is also the miracle behind Neil Morris' Fetish. You feel attracted, you want to have more of it! It is like a switch in your brain that is contacted by this fragrance. After I had bought it I invited one of my best friends to a little journey into the world of perfume. He bravely sniffed his way through my collection (which already had 100 perfumes). When I finally asked him about his favorite, it was – of course – Fetish.

Although by now the miracle is solved for me, I would still list Fetish among my top favorites. With the experience I have today, I clearly see that Fetish was inspired by Arabian perfumery. It is by far not a straightforward oud – if at all, it is more the dark musky style, and it is sweet like loukhoum. Yet, I think it is genuine, not plagiarism.

Despite its name, it has nothing to do with the concept of a perfume like ELDO's Secretions Magnifiques. It is in no way ugly or embarrassing, it is attractive and wearable. I have to admit, it is a “loud” fragrance, not very discreet. I particularly like to wear it on a night out, maybe at a raunchy bar, where it truly withstands any cigarette fumes and the vapor of a human crowd. Highly recommendable!

HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Well done: benzoin and earthy-sweetish patchouli in front of slightly leathery notes. Oud restraints itself and gives additional depth.

Nieten & Leder
by KautoStar
by Agathon
by Agathon

Popular Neil Morris Fragrances

Chasing Autumn by Neil Morris Fragrances Burnt Amber by Neil Morris Fragrances Flowers for Men - Gardenia by Neil Morris Fragrances Leather Garden by Neil Morris Fragrances DevilScent #1 by Neil Morris Fragrances Earthtones #1: Dark Earth by Neil Morris Fragrances Midnight Forest by Neil Morris Fragrances October by Neil Morris Fragrances Summoning by Neil Morris Fragrances Dark Season by Neil Morris Fragrances Mystic Dragon by Neil Morris Fragrances Midnight At The Crossroads Café by Neil Morris Fragrances Coral by Neil Morris Fragrances Zephyr by Neil Morris Fragrances Flowers For Men - Rose by Neil Morris Fragrances Ambra Obscura by Neil Morris Fragrances Izmir by Neil Morris Fragrances Le parfum d'Ida by Neil Morris Fragrances Summer of Love by Neil Morris Fragrances Earthtones #3: North Woods by Neil Morris Fragrances