Four by Nejma

Four is a perfume by Nejma for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Bourbon geranium, Peach, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Narcissus, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesLabdanum, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.09.2019.

7.5 5.0 9.0/10

Tame Oud ...
It has taken me a few wears to come to grips with Four. I loved it from the very first time I sprayed it, but it's not what one might expect from an Oud-centric house. This is something that I am going to enjoy wearing during the day in the tropics, where I work.

The fresh, opening blast that Four presents is HEAVILY laced with an intense Peach note which worries me every time I spray it, considering that fruit in frags is not my favorite thing. Luckily, it doesn't stick around for long, morphing for some reason into a bubblegum like smell. When I was a kid I used to stuff my mouth with bubblegum called Whacky Wicks … this also short-lived phase of Four brings back fond memories of that … slightly minty, winter-greenish and pink!!
Once the flowers take over, Four comes into its own and is a delight on the skin. This fragrance feels like a classic early 90's creation while remaining completely valid in the (not so) new millennium. Narcissus lovers in particular will really enjoy Four, while I love it because the florals here remain fresh and sparkling for the duration.
This is NOT an Oud heavy fragrance by any means. It surely is present, but in minuscule amounts and it's great to see that Oud can be used in a frag without overwhelming it and becoming the star attraction. Here, the Oud provides a powdery-ness that could not have been achieved by the Sandalwood alone. In fact, the delicious woodiness of the dry down is simply touched by Labdanum and Patchouli, the latter of which becomes the driving force of the late dry down… further inveigling Four with a retro feel.

Sillage here is wonderful radiating about a foot, while the longevity can be sorted out with a good over spray! I recommend Nejma Four for those who like tame Oud coupled with flowers… and who hanker after something modern that recalls the floral delight of a time before the 'freshies' took over!
8.0/10

Modern fragrance, classic feel
I really like this. I bought it blind but knew from the notes I couldn't go wrong here. The bergamot is bright on top with a nice, smooth, light leathery feel coming in soon after. All the while, the narcissus and geranium banter back and forth to keep this bright, lively, and interesting.

Nejma Four reminds me of an old school yellow floral with some spicy kick. It actually has a vintage feel to me - I like to think it's what a vintage would have smelt like when it was new, with quality ingredients, classic floral notes, and thoughtful execution.

I am slowly working my way through the Nejma line and the quality is unquestionable - definitely worth trying.

Popular Nejma

Six by Nejma Seven by Nejma One by Nejma Two by Nejma Three by Nejma Le Delicieux by Nejma Five by Nejma Le Parfum d'Alice by Nejma Le Somptueux - Private Edition by Nejma Edmundo Puro Sublime / Puro by Nejma Edmundo Puro Intense by Nejma Le Sublime by Nejma Les Quintessences - Jasmin by Nejma Les Quintessences - Rose by Nejma Les Quintessences - Musc Blanc by Nejma Les Quintessences - Bois de Aoud by Nejma The Oud - Private Edition by Nejma Le Mystérieux by Nejma Edmundo Puro Extreme by Nejma Le Merveilleux by Nejma