GT by New Brand
GT (New Brand)

GT is a perfume by New Brand for men. The release year is unknown. It is being marketed by Fragluxe.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Marine notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesSage, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense, Amber

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 08.10.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Librates Insanely Between Fresh, Watery, Dark, and Smoky Tones
To begin with, GT is my second attempt on New Brand scents after testing the wondrous Free Man. It is an aquatic, aromatic, and woody fragrance that is deeply well-bred and powerful, it is phenomenal, one of the best on budget releases in recent years. Nowadays I don't care much for aquatics, which I was a fund of in early '90, and most of the modern aquatic mainstream releases are a pass for me. However, GT is certainly an exception. It has the aqueous touch of the original Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio, a great summery aquatic scent that I like but I don't love, or better I don't go mad for when sprayed on me. Yet, GT has a dark, spicy, smoky, and modern twist on that idea, and most of all it is so insanely masculine. There is a dirty-earthy-smoky accord here which achieves that. This results in something that is fresh but dark and has lots of depth. The other good thing here is lack of sweetness. Think deep ocean waters, dark and mysterious. GT, to me, is perhaps the best proof of the modern mainstream fresh-clean masculine genre. It has revived my interest in fresh fragrances, and more so in discount releases.

The initial blast is nearly identical to AdG, with a heavy dose of dark citrus, white floral, and marine accords, yet this is much stronger and more masculine with some incense and patchouli in the base that really rounds this out so that it's not so airy and light. Smooth bergamot and deep ocean tones are well blended and release a fresh accord.

The Mediterranean heart notes are formed by softly green geranium-herbal leaves combined with the aromatic sage, and the still ruling aquatic note of the opening. I reckon clary sage, or a sort of sage blossom, are used here since I don't get the dark and sharp smell typical of the sage leaves, but that is my assumption.

As it dries down, a dark and alluring base of patchouli delivers rich depth and mingles with dramatic resinous incense. It smells unbelievably amazing, it is overall very synthetic but trust me you will not care one bit. There is a slightly perceivable touch of ambrox, similar to Dior Sauvage for those who are familiar with, nowadays very common in modern men's colognes. The olibanum in here must have been blended very well with the sage and geranium notes of the core, which I love by the way, though I can't pick them out individually as aforementioned. More, the incense and other more earthy notes add a smokey and spicy touch, which is pretty a masculine touch.

Compliments everywhere you go, from both men and women, at least that is what happened to me while wearing it. Even though most people who know fragrances will directly recognize this as AdG, it is noticeably different the longer you wear it. The patchouli base comes out and gives this a more earthy, dirty, and grounded scent. It's good in hot weather, which is meant for, but I find it even better on slightly cooler days like these of middle October, and nights, of course, thanks to the incensed and oftentimes leathery accord of the dry down. Now that the weather is getting cooler though, I really see the benefits of this one. I'm so glad I've added GT to my collection, and I've no regrets. For all ages, all occasions enjoyment, good for casual moments or during the nightlife, I find sillage to be good, and duration excellent at over nearly all day, another bargain where a little goes a long way, so try not to overspray. It tends to disappear and reappear throughout the day, but I can still smell whiffs of it on me at evening shower point, usually 12 hours plus since applying. All in all, a great year-round, crowd-pleasing scent at an affordable price point if you look around a bit... I've found it in a big store for less than 12 euro, which is ridiculous if you consider the great scent, the nice and meticulous bottle, a matt-black flask!

New Brand and Fragluxe did a good job with the composition and blending it all comes together nicely and smells high quality. Overall, is it worth a buy? Yes, if you liked the original AdG and want a more mature and masculine scent this is a great scent. Seriously.

-Elysium

Elysium 71 days ago
It's an aquatic, aromatic, and woody scent that's deeply well-bred and powerful, phenomenal, one of the best on budget release. Must have!+3
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 9.5

Popular New Brand

French Cancan by New Brand Luxury for Women by New Brand L'Homme by New Brand GT by New Brand Eva by New Brand US Army / Commando by New Brand Free Man by New Brand Strong by New Brand Gold by New Brand Tracy by New Brand Seduction by New Brand L'Or by New Brand Blue Sky for Men by New Brand Extasia Woman by New Brand K'Men by New Brand Together Night by New Brand New Brand 4 Men by New Brand Together Day by New Brand Volcano by New Brand No Fear by New Brand