L'Hêtre Rêvé

L'Hêtre Rêvé by Nez à Nez
L'Hêtre Rêvé is a perfume by Nez à Nez for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCloveClove
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver
CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 13.09.2018.

Reminds me of .. okay: Nez à Nez
I thought that I was applying a perfume by Heeley today, and L'HETRE REVE opens as though it could be a Heeley: bright and refreshing aromatic, spicy with a bit of a boozy quality, and obviously geared toward the fine masculine cologne crowd.

However, as this perfume dries down, its strong woody base becomes more and more dominant. It's somewhat sweet and woody and spicy and has the concoction vibe, for lack of a better expression, which I have come to associate with the house of Nez à Nez. I won't say that it smells stale, but it's moving in that direction. This is the kind of perfume that will definitely not smell good on clothes on laundry day--which by the way, turns out to be a great litmus test for fine fragrance, as is the scent on HRH Emperor the day after I have worn a perfume. No animal abuse is going on, mind you, he just manages to lift scent from me through his ordinary snuggly activities.

Back to L'HETRE REVE: to my nose, there is something just slightly off-kilter here, not in a challenging but in a mistaken way. I feel that the wood is very heavy, but so are the spices, and together they start to feel like a house guest who has outworn his welcome.

So, no, I will not be pursuing this perfume further. I'm sure that this will work for someone, but it's not for me.

Popular Nez à Nez

Atelier d'Artiste by Nez à Nez Bal Musqué by Nez à Nez Hiroshima mon Amour by Nez à Nez Vanithé by Nez à Nez Marron Chic by Nez à Nez Ambre à Sade by Nez à Nez Immortelle Marilyn by Nez à Nez Bouche Baie by Nez à Nez Rosier Ardent by Nez à Nez Forêt de Bécharré by Nez à Nez Figues et Garçons by Nez à Nez Mille et Une Figues by Nez à Nez