Nicole Miller 2010

Version from 2010
Nicole Miller (2010) by Nicole Miller
Nicole Miller (2010) is a perfume by Nicole Miller for women and was released in 2010. The scent is animal-powdery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by Parlux.

Caroline Sabas

Aldehydes, Amber, Yellow gardenia, Currant leaf, Orange, Orange blossom, Patchouli, Violet leaf, White cedar, Ylang-ylang

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.06.2020.

The fragrance was originally called "Frenzy". The name was changed for unknown reasons prior to the launch.

Belle d'O's daytime sister
Even though they've become so common in recent years, I love a well-made "fruitchouli." I think they're very sexy and appropriate for a nice night out. I'm especially a fan of YSL's Belle d'Opium which, although it doesn't have anything at all in common with either the old or the reformulated Opium, has a mysterious and sensual quality.

I find Belle d'O to be a bit overbearing in the daytime, though. Even one quiet spritz of it would tell people within a two-meter radius that I'm in a sensual mood. And, frankly, if I'm not at a club or a special dinner out, I don't think it appropriate to cast that kind of sillage net.

That's where Frenzy comes in. While Frenzy is undoubtedly sexy and sensual, its emphasis on the citrus rather than the flowers and pepper of Belle d'O make it more suitable for daytime. I still wouldn't wear it when working in close quarters, as it does have a fairly powerful sillage. But its general aura to me says something like "I enjoy life and smelling good," rather than "Come closer and fall under my spell." Because we're having winter in North America instead of the spring we'd normally have, Frenzy's intensity but cheerfulness is also doing a nice job of bridging the gap between winter's woods and spices and spring's florals for me.

Clean and Showy
This was a blind buy for me. Although citrus is normally an instant turn off for me, this one is not too distracting.

The orange blossom and ylang seem to soften the citrus while luring me in to the warm amber which my nose detects as vanilla. Cedar, my new favorite note, is giving a fresh, effervescent feeling to this fragrance. There is something pungent in the mix, which I love, making this a borderline leave it at the store scent. I suppose it could be the patchouli that I normally love but maybe it's not mixed very well here.

I am glad I gave this one a try, with so many of my favorite notes, how could I go wrong? This fragrance would be perfect for a sunny day at the Farmer's Market, State Fair or a Home & Garden show.

Popular Nicole Miller

Nicole Miller (1993) (Eau de Parfum) by Nicole Miller Nicole Miller for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Nicole Miller