Deci Delà 1994 Eau de Toilette

Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci
Bottle Design Elisabeth Garouste, Mattia Bonetti
7.3 / 10 65 Ratings
Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 1994. The scent is fruity-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top Notes ApricotApricot BoroniaBoronia RaspberryRaspberry CurrantCurrant OsmanthusOsmanthus PeachPeach
Heart Notes Heart Notes Sweet peaSweet pea FreesiaFreesia JasmineJasmine RoseRose
Base Notes Base Notes ResinsResins PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla CypressCypress

Perfumers

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.01.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

A little glass of Champagne
In 1993, YSL released Champagne but were soon forced to change the name by irate wine producers. It's now called Yvresse, meaning drunkenness, albeit misspelt. Champange is a thick, creamy-sweet fruity floral; a Peach Melba of rose and violet, heady and almost narcotic.
And then, the following year, Nina Ricci came up with Deci Delà.
This is clearly a 'me too' of the Grojsman pageant, but, being more open & fruity and less thick & creamy it's lighter and more fun, an easier version to wear.
Deci Delà means here and there, but it could have been named Prosecco...

Very helpful Review 5
Absolutely stunning
Deci Dela is a really stunning fragrance. I find it easy to love and wear. If only all peach scents smelt like this.

Although peach and apricot really shine through as the dominant accords in Deci Dela, this fragrance is far from fruity. Rich is a better word in terms of describing the way it smells, at least for me.

Once you get past the rather alcoholic and slightly medicinal opening, Deci Dela is a really luscious, elegant, sensual and powdery blend of peach, apricot, rose and resins. A subtle hint of earthy patchouli is responsible for this fragrance's chypre classification. It's not what I'd call a full-on, mossy chypre, but the classic feel is there.

You can tell that this is old-school Nina Ricci, because it's lacking in sugary sweetness. Sometimes I wish that the brand still produced gems like this one. I feel saddened by the fact that Deci Dela didn't stick around.

If you're searching for something sexy but not too loud, Deci Dela might surprise you in more ways than one. I can easily see this one appealing to men, even though it is a tad unusual. Men will be intrigued to say the least.

More important to me, is how I feel about Deci Dela, and my reactions so far are good ones. Can't say that it lasts particularly well, but I see no harm in re-applying every now and then. Occasionally I see an odd bottle online for a good price, so if you like it, don't hesitate with Deci Dela. Cave in and make it yours.

sad fruit curry
I like raspberries. I love apricots. I love curry. Unfortunately, I do not love the fact that, on me, Deci Dela smells like raspberry-apricot curry. I don't understand why, either. It does not have any spices listed, nor immortelle, which can sometimes have a curryish scent on me. This is one of those frustrating ones that, reading the notes, I would have thought it would suit me perfectly. Too bad.(062410)

Helpful Review 3
Patience pays off...
I'm not surprised that DECI DELA was discontinued, because it is a very confusing composition. The opening offers a waft of chemical-smelling solvent which would no doubt turn off lots of people. However, patience pays off in this case, as the drydown of this fruity chypre is delightful. Similar in some ways to other perfumes in this cateogry, including YSL YVRESSE and Rochas FEMME, DECI DELA has a distinctive raspberry note which brings it closest of all, according to my nose, to Bond no 9 BRYANT PARK. The primary difference between the Nina Ricci and the Bond is that the latter is significantly sweeter than the former, with raspberry becoming a focal note (along with rhubarb, which is not present in DECI DELA at all), although it is still ensconced in a gorgeous modern chypre.

I have the eau de toilette and the eau de toilette concentrée of DECI DELA, and I really enjoy both and find that the longevity and sillage are quite good even in the edt. Whenever I wear this perfume, I find myself remarking at some point during the drydown how lovely I smell. (-: But I do aver that the opening could be a real turn off. I would recommend BRYANT PARK to those who like the general idea and aesthetic of DECI DELA but wish to skip the solventy opening.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

12 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Nina Ricci

L'Air du Temps (Parfum) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps À Paris chez Antoinette Poisson. (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Extase Rose Absolue by Nina Ricci Signoricci 1 (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Cœur-Joie (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Délice d'Épices / Spicy Delight by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina Soleil by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci Rose Extase by Nina Ricci Farouche (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci