Farouche 1973Eau de Parfum

Farouche (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci
Bottle Design Marc Lalique
Farouche (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 1973. The scent is chypre-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Michel Hy

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Galbanum, Mandarin orange, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Geranium, Iris, Jasmine, Cardamom, Lily, Lily of the valley, Clary sage, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by Violaodorata, last update on 29.08.2019.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Farouche (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci, which differs in concentration.

First Scents Part 1
"Farouche" EdT was one of the first fragrances in the 70s that I called my own. The other two that are among my first fragrance memories were "L'Air du Temps" and "Givenchy III" . I had only EdTs at that time.

Now this morning I fished the small atomizer with the last drops of "Farouche" EdP from the basket. Greeting + thanks to the noble donor, the noble donor: I have it here unfortunately neglected to note where I got this sprayer.

I could not remember the fragrance, but that for sure this bottle was once my own, very good. and so I sprayed off, the fragrance pyramid told me that it would be fine.

And yes, it goes very well. I am immediately blown away by aldehydes, floral notes with a gentle fresh soapiness. They've been with me for 4 1/2 hours now. From the wrist they have disappeared, but the T-shirt still gives them off. I have not been able to make out the fruit notes yet, my guess is that they gently round out the florals. However, what I could clearly detect on my wrist and slightly above it for probably 1 1/2 hours is the cardamom. It clearly dominates "Farouche" for a while. Meanwhile, it smells softly mossy-dark green from my wrist. In addition, still light floral notes from the T-shirt mix, where here slowly the cardamom seems to turn up.

Since the sprayer contained only a few droplets and is now empty, I can no longer deepen my first impressions or check.

"Givenchy III" I have already asked in the souk, let's see if that becomes what. "L'Air du Temps" I also want to sniff again after.
Farouche-shy and wild
Farouche by Nina Ricci I could get hold of a long time ago in a bundle together with some other scents.
I can't remember which ones they still were.
It is a two-thirds filled 25ml splash bottle EdP, flat bulbous at the bottom, slim neck at the top. The liquid itself has a rich golden yellow colour and the fragrance is perfectly intact, although the bottle is probably at least 30 to 40 years old Often when I don't know what I'm supposed to wear, I dig out one of my many vintage fragrances. After all, they are supposed to be there to wear, not only to look at and I don't live forever either, so I put them on my skin!

Farouche starts with a surge of aldehydes, not hairspray like, but rather waxy, like fragrances that start similar to the old Chanel N°5. Bergamot and galbanum here not too creaky, but gentle, are to be heard. Then carnation blossoms appear and a whole host of other blossoms such as roses, jasmine and lilies. They melt into a harmonious unity and appear only slightly sweet, so that it is just pleasant.
In the base I show warm amber and decent oak moss.
Altogether I would describe the smell impression as slightly powdery-grown. Farouche is very noble! That's the scent of an elegant lady you would have said earlier. And even today it is still wearable for lovers of such classic fragrances. I feel the Sillage in mediocrity, as well as the durability. It becomes very close after some time, so it is not too intrusive.
The old classics of Nina Ricci are really very good, noble scents.

Popular Nina Ricci

Signoricci 1 (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci L'Extase Rose Absolue by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Délice d'Épices / Spicy Delight by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Mémoire d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci