L'Extase (2015)

L'Extase by Nina Ricci

L'Extase is a perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.

Amber notes, Musk, Pink pepper, Rose, Benzoin siam, Virginia cedar, White blossoms

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 26.02.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Laetitia Casta.

6.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Not what I expected
EDIT July 24, 2017: I must confess that this appeals to me more in the heat of summer. That peppery note is diminished and the rose is not so musty. If you prefer these notes, the perfume will suit you in colder weather. Personally, I love the jammy, syrupy rose wrapped in caramel! It is sweet, but I don't think it's too strong or cloying. Sillage seems strong, but not overly so. Longevity rocks! This is delicious in the heat; I will never wear it again in the winter. Mmm! I have adjusted my ratings accordingly.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I blind bought this perfume, based upon the strength of reviews. A rosy caramel was enticing! Sadly, that's not my impression. I get no fruits, not much caramel, but lots of pepper and rose. I can't believe more people haven't rated the strong pepper note higher!!! It's not as sneeze-inducing as Stash, but it's close. It is possible that my chemistry causes the pepper note to explode.

The rose is more of a musty rose, I must confess, not the clearer rose of Stella, which is what I was expecting and honestly what I prefer. This perfume is reminding me of something my aunt has worn for 30+ years. I don't love it.

That being said, I don't dislike it either, I just wish that the caramel was stronger. I was expecting more sweetness; it is hardly sweet at all on me. Caramel is one of my favorite perfume notes, and I was hoping for more of it in this scent, based on what reviewers have posted. I guess I really will have to commit to that full bottle of Luna!

Sillage seems decent; longevity is good. It takes a while for the perfume to go from top to middle to base, so unfortunately, I was left with the peppery note for a good while.

Ah, well. It is a nice, heavy flacon, and I bought the smallest size, so c'est la vie! You win some, you lose some!

Bcars10 22 months ago
In summer this is a jammy, syrupy rose-caramel confection. In winter it is pepper and musty rose. Pick your poison! I prefer sultry summer!+2
6.0

by Lulu169
by Lulu169

Popular Nina Ricci

L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Extase by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour by Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci Love fills L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci