Délice d'Épices Spicy Delight 1999

Délice d'Épices / Spicy Delight by Nina Ricci
Délice d'Épices is a popular perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-fruity. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesOrange, Lemon, Peach, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesApple, Carnation, Cinnamon, Orchid, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesCedar, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.12.2020.

Beautiful apple pie scent
Leaving aside the awful bottle design,...

Delice d'Epices is quite a funny fragrance, totally not what I expected from it and from the reviews. I think I was imagining it as more sppicy and sweet and defnitely very,v ery warm, judging from the notes. The fragrance turns out to be quite delicious- that of an apple pie. There is lotf of apple and cinnamon, but it's more of an apple pie where only half of the amount of required sugar was added. The floral notes are bearely there, and the vanilla lingers in the background, it's soft, but sometimes I have an impression that it struggles to find its way through the apple/cinnamon combination. Instead of warm and cosy, the scent is more citrusy/airy/juicy. Not that I mind, I was just a bit surprised at the first sniff.

It is perfect for casual wear in both hot and cold weather. I wish there was more sweetness to it, sicne it fefinitely would go along well with the other notes, and some more cardamon would definitely be welcome nn my behalf. Nevertheless, it is the best out of the family I have tried so far, and it has been accompanying me quite a lot over the past few weeks.

Soothing spices
Do you know the feeling, when after a long flight you are jet lagged and you eat a real Thai curry and it makes you feel alright again? Though DÉLICE D`ÉPICES smells very differently from any curry, it can give that same soothing feeling.

The fragrance reminds me more of baked apples (popular in Winter in Europe) with a huge amount of cinnamon, the cardamon adding a little spice. I don't get the citrus in the beginning and it stays pretty much linear the whole time - but then it is summer - until it softens due to the vanilla.

I don't have the bottle shown above, but a clear glass bottle in a yellowish metal cylinder, the refill version, perhaps?

warm cider
On me, this is no summer fruit cocktail. It's more like a warm mug of mulled cider, with apple, cinnamon, and cardamom (actually, more like cloves than cardamom) keeping me toasty and content on an overcast fall day. The vanilla lightly sweetens it, too. Warm but not cloying. I'm trying to save on heating fuel by keeping it cool in my house, and this perfume (along with Picasso Tentations) is helping me stay warm. (100309)

by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Nina Ricci

Signoricci 1 (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci L'Extase Rose Absolue by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Mémoire d'Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci Farouche (Eau de Parfum) by Nina Ricci