Nina L'Elixir (2010)

Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci
Nina L'Elixir (Nina Ricci)
Nina L'Elixir (Nina Ricci)

Nina L'Elixir is a perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-sweet. It was last marketed by Puig.

Olivier Cresp

Top Notes Top NotesCaipirinha
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Red berries, Red toffee apple
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Cedarwood

Submitted by Blanche, last update on 14.12.2018

Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Nina all grown up
I prefer Nina L'Elixir over and above the original Nina, although I must say that I unfortunately found the citrus accords a bit much.

This version smells a lot darker and more grown-up. It has a slight berry sourness which is quite intriguing on the skin. I like the richness and the fact that it smells more concentrated, with less focus on the candy sweetness of the original. This composition has more to like with far more personality in my opinion.

If Nina was for sweet young girls, Nina L'Elixir is for the rebels. I identify myself with the bad girls rather than the innocent, so Nina L'Elixir draws me in.

It's quite foody in terms of the sweet, jammy berries and spicy jasmine counteracting with one another to create a delicious and sensual blend. The sharp, tarty lemon accord is the only note that jars with me. It comes and goes, sometimes adding a refreshing, sparkling touch, other times being a nuisance and in my opinion, disrupting the scent pyramid.

The longevity is fairly poor I'm afraid, and the sillage not all that strong either. But from what I can remember, the original Nina wasn't too long lasting either. I am not deterred completely, as from what I've experienced, Nina L'Elixir is pleasantly surprising. I would suggest this fragrance for all seasons and to almost every female regardless of age.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 8.0/10
Sensual Apple
I have many gourmand fragrances but this one definitely stands out. I simply love it. The apple note is done so well here. It is sensual and juicy, fresh and delicious. The fragrance is flirty but also grown up.

The scent opens fresh and gourmand at the same time. There is a nice freshness from the lime and juiciness from the apple. The fruits are layered on the sweet notes that smell to me like caramel or toffee. The caramel apple note becomes stronger in the heart notes mixed with sour berries. The jasmine is there but it is in the background. I like a simple choice of light jasmine in this fragrance. It matches the composition well and it does not smell like generic floral note that used in so many sweet fragrances. The dry down brings sensual and pleasant light musk. I also think that I smell a bit of cedar. The sillage is not overpowering but the scent lasts for at least 5-6 hours on my skin.

Overall score 8/10. This is a lovely fruity fragrance with a good composition and quality. If you are into fruity fragrances but looking for nice, grown up version then I would recommend this one.

by First
by Serenity
by Magdulenka
by Magdulenka

Popular Nina Ricci

L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci L'Extase by Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour by Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Love fills L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci