Ricci Ricci (2009)

Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci
Bottle Design: Sylvie de France

Ricci Ricci is a perfume by Nina Ricci for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-floral. It is being marketed by Puig.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Rhubarb
Heart Notes Heart NotesAngel's trumpet, Rose, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.02.2019

10.0 7.0 7.0 5.5/10

Great bottle, great scent
This is fantastic! I blind bought Ricci Ricci because the bottle is completely adorable. I also just knew I had to try it, and that I'd probably like it, and I do. It's a keeper!

I will say that I don't really enjoy it until it has been on for about 45 minutes. The top notes are odd to me, meaning that I don't really get the rhubarb. My family used to grow and eat rhubarb, and that isn't what I'm getting here. What I do get that is odd is a "Tootsie Roll" vibe. Luckily, this is not a linear perfume, and soon that Tootsie Roll smell is gone and the tuberose shines through. Still a great balance between sweet and sour. In the end, the patchouli comes plowing to the forefront and kind of takes over. For whatever reason, my chemistry melds really well with patchouli, which surprises me. I cannot stand the smell of straight up patchouli, but within a perfume, it works!

Another thing about this perfume is that--to me--the smell gets stronger over time! At first, it's light and fresh (albeit redolent of Tootsie Rolls) and then it just blooms and explodes all over the place! I can't really rate the sillage; it amps up. Longevity is there 6+ hours, but I wish it were longer because I feel that I need to reapply it halfway through the day.

Overall, well done by Nina Ricci. It's great to see that they have not lost their touch. I can see myself reaching for this over and over again, especially as we are going into spring and summer.
7.5 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Sweet sexy spicy
This is indeed a very sexy perfume, very long lasting with a pretty bottle too. I was very pleased to add this gem to my perfume collection as I prefer oriental, spicy and gothic perfumes. Best for winter but also suitable for a cool summer night while on vacation. Ricci Ricci is just a pleasant surprise, try it!!! p.s. it reminds me a lot of PR xs l'excess edp only less sweet.
5.0 7.5 5.0/10

Not nearly as seductive as the advertising campaign
Rhubarb and rose can be beautiful when blended together and fine examples of this can be found in Tocca's Brigitte and Burberry's Brit Red. Unfortunately in Ricci Ricci the sugary and jammy berry-like notes makes this fragrance more of a teen fruity floral rather than an exotically sensual spiced floral.

It's perhaps not as sweet as the previous Nina, with Ricci Ricci being much darker and richer, and minus the apple note. I get an odd berry-flavoured bubblegum scent in the opening which rounds out to jam, then an earthy fruity and patchouli blend.

Apparently this fragrance is sexy, and I guess in some ways you could call it that. I know I won't be wearing this around my man anytime soon, but I'm sure young girls all over the world are loving this stuff right now.

Surprisingly I do not smell the tuberose or the rose note whatsoever, yet I do believe the rose may feature alongside the rhubarb and the jam note creating a tart-like finish in the heart.

The scent is dark, but not nearly as gothic and raunchy as the advertisement seems to suggest. I still think this is an appropriate scent for young girls, although on my 20 year old skin it felt incredibly wrong, with my friend commenting that I smelt like a jam factory.

Such a shame that I couldn't like this fragrance. The lasting power and the cute bottle made it good, but just not good enough.

Bcars10 2 years ago

by Serenity
by Spring67
by Spring67

Popular Nina Ricci

L'Air du Temps (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina (2006) by Nina Ricci Ricci Ricci by Nina Ricci Premier Jour by Nina Ricci Deci Delà (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Farouche (Parfum) by Nina Ricci Nina (1987) (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Love In Paris by Nina Ricci Phileas (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Extase by Nina Ricci Liberté Acidulée / Liberty Fizz by Nina Ricci Amour d'Amandier / Almond Amour by Nina Ricci Nina L'Elixir by Nina Ricci Ricci-Club (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci L'Air by Nina Ricci Belle de Minuit by Nina Ricci Signoricci 2 by Nina Ricci Fleur de Fleurs (Eau de Toilette) by Nina Ricci Les Belles de Nina - Nina L'Eau by Nina Ricci Love fills L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci