Afrika-Olifant (2014)

Afrika-Olifant by Nishane

Afrika-Olifant is a perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is animal-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbergris, Frankincense, Myrrh, Labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCastoreum, Civet, Leather, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesMuscenone®, Thibetone, Muscone, Civettone

Submitted by Mefunx, last update on 21.11.2018

8.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

EmergeR
Welcome to the elephant cage - why the excitement?! ;-)
When I buy a pack of cheese in the supermarket, I'm not surprised that there's no sausage in it, but what it says on it.
On this bottle Afrika Olifant is written, that sounds like a night animal and is exactly what it contains: Elephant in pure form ;-)
Animal scents are not everyone's cup of tea, I totally understand that. Animal fragrances are actually used almost only in European countries in fragrances. In perfumes from America or Asia, you usually look for them in vain (unless the new generation of indie perfumers dares to do so). This also shows, however, that animalics must be harmoniously integrated in order to work...
I personally love animal scents and this one in particular. I always say, "It's a smell, you gotta have an ass in your pants for it. The stuff stands out and makes an impression. For tender souls and introverted people, who prefer to be left alone, it's nothing.
And yes, anyone who has ever been to the zoo in the elephant house (especially during the mating season) knows that the contents keep what the label promises...
I especially like the elephant's raw, impetuous power, which is at the same time very gentle and caring. Anyone who has ever experienced the social interaction, the care for the boys and the courtship display of elephants in the elephant enclosure will surely understand what I mean. And that's exactly what the scent reflects for me.
First he screams "Hello, here I am!" and then he wraps you in a trusting atmosphere (or should I say "cloud"?) at the same time.
This interplay of "Here I am, don't come too close to me" and the familiarity of "I am strong and there for you" describes the fragrance best for me - and that is perhaps also the reason why I feel so comfortable with it.
And no, I couldn't wear it every day. For me it is a symbol of a strong moment and I like to wear it when I feel comfortable and strong in myself.
It's worth trying ;-)

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13

Popular Nishane

Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Sultan Vetiver by Nishane Hacivat by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Ani by Nishane Pasión Choco by Nishane Spice Bazaar by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Boszporusz by Nishane Tuberóza by Nishane Duftblüten by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Vjola by Nishane