Afrika-Olifant 2014

Afrika-Olifant by Nishane
Afrika-Olifant is a perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is animal-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesAmbergris, Frankincense, Myrrh, Labdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCastoreum, Civet, Leather, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesMuscenone®, Thibetone, Muscone, Civettone

Submitted by Mefunx, last update on 02.07.2020.

Yharnam79
Grab the elephant by the tusks or he'll eat you for breakfast!
Surely, I am tempted first of all to talk about the actual origin and the (wrongly) twisted feeling of animalistic fruit notes in our culture.
I'm saving that as much as possible It is also beyond question that not everyone likes to smell or even wear animals.
With Afika-Olifant the love for - at least the openness towards - animalism is (almost) a basic requirement.

*As the previous speaker has already mentioned in a very charming example: one could well guess what one gets with such a fragrance name and by additionally reading the fragrance pyramid. I am puzzled by reactions of incomprehension about how animalistic the fragrance appears. What did you expect?*

Africa-Olifant, true to its name and without hesitation from the very beginning, hits you with all its strength.
But where, for example, zoologist with Hyrax simply caused breathing difficulties in my - very animalistically inclined - nose, here the tightrope walk between raw, honest, dirty animalism and not drifting off into a striking animalistic club succeeds.

Crunchy oud, (incense) smoke, sweet herbal myrrh and always present, sometimes damp, sometimes dust-dry leather waft around the earth-covered elephant skin, on which grasses, leaves and pieces of branches still hang in some places. Resin also sticks to one or the other place.

As friendly and pleasing as this may sound, the animal, in this case the 'Olifant', is and remains the main actor. So almost all popular animal ingedencies have been installed here. However, if you don't like Zibet, you will not have any fun here. It is similar with Bibergeil.
Nevertheless, I do not perceive the fragrance as a slap-on-the-job anomaly, as everything is so well interwoven and interspersed with the non-animal notes that it never drifts too far in the direction of penetrating or fecal
*Faecal in the sense of excrements, by the way, smells here for me really nothing at all at this smell. Even less so after 'Donnerbalken'. I myself have been going to camp for 20 years, including Thunderbox. And believe me, it smells different...*

And yet:
animalistic and through and through, he's gonna stay that way in any case.
All in all, it is probably animal-resinous-smoky-spicy.
And he roars and sounds out the power and masculinity just too strikingly.
Hats off for all the ladies who can win something for themselves!

I like animal scents and in this category Afrika-Olifant is a weirdly wacky, quite wearable and fantastically designed scent
EmergeR
Welcome to the elephant cage - why the excitement?! ;-)
When I buy a pack of cheese in the supermarket, I'm not surprised that there's no sausage in it, but what it says on it.
On this bottle Afrika Olifant is written, that sounds like a night animal and is exactly what it contains: Elephant in pure form ;-)
Animal scents are not everyone's cup of tea, I totally understand that. Animal fragrances are actually used almost only in European countries in fragrances. In perfumes from America or Asia, you usually look for them in vain (unless the new generation of indie perfumers dares to do so). This also shows, however, that animalics must be harmoniously integrated in order to work...
I personally love animal scents and this one in particular. I always say, "It's a smell, you gotta have an ass in your pants for it. The stuff stands out and makes an impression. For tender souls and introverted people, who prefer to be left alone, it's nothing.
And yes, anyone who has ever been to the zoo in the elephant house (especially during the mating season) knows that the contents keep what the label promises...
I especially like the elephant's raw, impetuous power, which is at the same time very gentle and caring. Anyone who has ever experienced the social interaction, the care for the boys and the courtship display of elephants in the elephant enclosure will surely understand what I mean. And that's exactly what the scent reflects for me.
First he screams "Hello, here I am!" and then he wraps you in a trusting atmosphere (or should I say "cloud"?) at the same time.
This interplay of "Here I am, don't come too close to me" and the familiarity of "I am strong and there for you" describes the fragrance best for me - and that is perhaps also the reason why I feel so comfortable with it.
And no, I couldn't wear it every day. For me it is a symbol of a strong moment and I like to wear it when I feel comfortable and strong in myself.
It's worth trying ;-)

by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Yharnam79
by Yharnam79
by PallasCC
by PallasCC

Popular Nishane

Ani by Nishane Hacivat by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Sultan Vetiver by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Zenne by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Spice Bazaar by Nishane Tuberóza by Nishane Duftblüten by Nishane