Ani by Nishane
Top 21 in Unisex Perfume
Ani is a new perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-creamy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green notes, Blue ginger, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBlackcurrant, Turkish rose, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Benzoin, Ambergris, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by Caligari, last update on 24.11.2020.

Greetings from the Pâtisserie
Nishane, what a stunningly beautiful fragrance you're presenting us with. Currently probably the biggest seller of the house next to Hacivat and recently no longer an insider tip, as often as I see you appear in any supposed top lists, perfume included. Actually not a very good sign, because in the rarest of cases the hype can keep up with the actual quality of the content, and therefore it might sound less surprising now if I say that I didn't want to join in the mean chorus of praise(s) at first.

Once purchased as a fragrance in the souk, you convinced me less of your citric-vanilla style, too much your patchouli shot me in the nose, and let me foggy distance from the thoughts of wanting to acquire you. My nose was not (any longer) trained to understand the interplay of different scent chords, I had been out of the world of (niche) perfumes for too long. It was therefore rather love at second sight, when I was allowed to test you extensively months later, after a second attempt.

Ani begins citric-fresh, with grassy chords in the top note, but which quickly fade into the background when the base notes try to unfold with vehemence, which is the case with me after only a few minutes. What a pity - I would have liked it better if the opening had lasted a bit longer. It's this combination of vanilla and green notes that makes Ani so interesting for me.

Even though I could guess the listed ingredients of ginger and pink pepper more than I could really notice, the vanilla and patchouli are too omnipresent in the base note, the interaction of the ingredients convinces me completely, especially the drydown really knows how to please. As soon as Ani has settled on the skin, it unfolds this wonderful creaminess, which reminds me of the much-cited lemon cake with a wooden crust. Very tasty and pleasant to wear, even for a man, as the vanilla stands out far more for its spiciness than for a general sweetness, although opinions may differ here. The silage? Extremely potent, voluminous and consequently totally captivating! Wrongly dosed Ani will kill you, especially in badly ventilated interiors! But nobody has complained yet. Durability? Remarkable, I only recently noticed it on me for 10+ hours
For me Ani is one of the most beautiful vanilla scents of the last years, which left me with astonishment and reawakened my interest in it. Cécile Zarokian succeeds here in the masterly feat of presenting a vanilla which, between sweetness and spiciness, and not least thanks to the woody notes, seeks to sound out a portable middle ground between the sexes. For those who prefer a more ambry and less spicy taste, choose >Aura Sublime< by Bijon, Cécile Zarokian's signature is unmistakable here too. For those of you who don't know what to do with the citric top note, but rather enjoy resinous compositions, Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain should offer a safe haven.

Funny side note: Only recently in the subway I thought I noticed him on a young lady. Too bad I wore it myself that day. Thus a competition of silage developed, which did not go unnoticed despite the obligation to wear a mask and was finally appreciated by both of us with a broad smile, distinctive dimples never lie. This is how unisex works!
Hi, Ani!
i received my scented mail today and was very excited about Ani. I sprayed and my first thought was "oh no... 70s patchoulie with a green note..." but it didn't last 30 seconds on my skin and I noticed light bergamot and vanilla. Shortly afterwards followed the scent "lemon cake", as so often described. But no extreme lemon. Gently with icing sugar. Soft. Creamy. I'm sure you and I are friends - you surprised me. My best friendships were formed when I thought I couldn't stand someone - that's how I felt with Ani. The first moment "phew" and the second "oooh"
Class reunion
Why didn't somebody warn me about this patchouli?
I was looking forward so much to the rehearsal of Ani......and then this 70's patchouli that
got into my nose before I even sprayed !
I have to admit, I am also very sensitive to patchouli, which really beats me on the stomach.
But here it's really too much of a good thing The much-described lemon cake (which I was so hoping for) fought its way out after 30 minutes,
to shrink to a caraway after another 30 min and to
rot.
In the end, oud, musk and.......... Patchouli !
I'm so disappointed I will probably wear Ani only once and then never again : to a class reunion, that
coming up soon, schoolmates from the 70's......there fits "Ani" like a glove!
Scape
Lemon cake of the extra class
As a very young lover (19) of fantastic fragrances, I simply had to give my opinion on this one.
Ani is one of the friendliest feel-good fragrances there is. I like to wear it with a white turtleneck sweater, jeans and a smile on my face. Ani is this one friend who always smiles and likes hugs a little too much. Ani could be the warm and friendly suns in autumn or spring when it is cold and gloomy outside.
Ani is probably the most expensive and delicious lemon cake in the world.
To all fans of cheerful makers of the legal kind well noticed ;)
Compliments are to be expected since Ani radiates very strongly in the truest sense of the word You can't buy friends, if you at least get a sample of Ani, but for a certain time you will have a very nice buddy with you, who you can always count on.
Since the statements above are so lyrically unbelievably good I wanted to try a "little" comment I thought it might be interesting to see the perspective of a very young perfume lover. :)
Oh, Ani..
...actually, I like you quite a bit. That's why I keep trying to do it with you. Even if I have to say after every meeting, you just get on my nerves. Why is that? You're beautiful, with your vanilla, which I rarely absorb with such bliss as I do with you. With you neither the rose, with which I often have my difficulties, nor the ginger disturbs me. You are not madamig, which sometimes bothers me, nor do I find you too spicy or even hot. And you bring blackcurrants, which I like so much. Unfortunately, I usually don't notice much of them.

You're great with your hands. I like your sweet amber, your fluffy musk base and your chocolate-like soft touch patch. I don't know why I want you with me
Every time I take you by the hand, I feel like I'm being annoyed. Annoyed by something overloaded, by everything too much. First of all, it's not the dose, because with you only a few drops are enough, actually almost one, and you already start to roar loudly. I know that, and that is why I will never let you get close to me again. Nevertheless, you get on my nerves with your mixture and I simply cannot change it, as much as I would like to. You are a little redneck who wants to stand out at all costs. And you remind me of extremely sweet men's fragrances, like Joop Homme or La Male, which almost always blow around your nose in clouds. Rarely you meet them well dosed.

You are like a dear friend who calls you crying all night at three o'clock and keeps you from sleeping. You're like an exhausting colleague who patronizes you at work again and again, even though he doesn't really want to and is quite nice. Yes, you also have something of a nagging boss, who is actually a great guy, but who keeps telling you to your face that your work could be better.

You know what I mean? Please don't be angry with me, but you are annoying (even if I love you a little bit)
Well dosed on a man you match, I could love you - maybe! And I envy you, because despite my daily training you always have better stamina than I do.

Your Pollita

RahulESJ
Ani | Definitely one of the top Vanilla scents I have tried in 2019!
Ani is heavenly. It’s vanilla done to perfection. I never thought I would love a vanilla scent so much. I always thought one can’t do much with a simple note like vanilla. Everyone grows us smelling it, it’s used in almost every 5th perfume. Until you smell this. ⁣

Ani starts with crisp zingy vanilla mixed with citrus and ginger. It soon transforms into this beautiful bed of sandalwood mixed with some spices like pepper and cardamom. ⁣I do a get a little rose that adds to the complexity of the scent. Its simple yet complex on the skin. ⁣

The dry down is as magical as the initial spray with that benzoin & patchouli mix. ⁣

You would think a vanilla scent can’t last on the skin until you spray Ani. Usually 2 sprays of it on my skin lasts me the whole day without a doubt. Sits beautifully in the skin and fills in the room no matter how big it is. ⁣I don’t know what else can I say about Ani that hasn’t been said already. I have no second thoughts in saying but Ani has to be one of the best releases of 2019 in my eyes. ⁣

You check more reviews like this on my Instagram channel: @eternalscentjourney

Boundaries Shattered
Notes: Bergamot, Green Notes, Ginger, Pink Pepper, Black Currant, Turkish Rose, Cardamom, Patchouli, Cedar, Vanilla, Benzoin, Ambergris, Musk and Sandalwood

Perfumer: Cecile Zarokian

As soon as I sprayed this Ani I was able to detect Vanilla and it's detected throughout the life of the fragrance.

Along with Vanilla, I also detect Bergamot, Green Notes and Pink Pepper and Ginger follows pretty quickly as the fragrance starts to open up.

As the fragrance develops Black Currant becomes prominent which gives this fragrance that fruity element along with Cardamom which gives it that spicy and sweet scent, I couldn’t detect any rose here.

Entering the drydown Vanilla gains it's strength now combined with Benzoin and creamy sandalwood.

A stunning, gorgeous and an exotic fragrance. Smooth and creamy vanilla not overly sweet, well structured and very well blended. Cecile Zarokian has hit a home run with this fragrance.

Hacivat was my favorite from Nishane but after wearing this one, Ani has definitely become my favorite. Simply Stunning

Instagram: ovaissaleem_
No boudaries...
Under the motto No Boundaries, creative directors Murat Katran and Mert Guzel, in close collaboration with the talented perfumer Cécile Zarokian, created this enchanting fragrance called "ANI".

I ordered it from a perfumery in Biella, Italy. Unfortunately, the first bottle was broken into 1,000 pieces. The perfumery "Ottavianibiella", however, very quickly and generously sent a new one. The defective carton was in my entrance area and gave off a delicious smell. Was very excited until the new fragrance came.

Initially very fresh and tangy: lemon rather small round green limes. Juicy aroma of citrus fruits and a hint of fresh vegetation. This green flow lasts about 30 minutes. Then a fruity rose jostles in between, very delicate. Now the creamy resinous vanilla peeps out. It's different from what you usually perceive it to be: soft as vanilla croissants. No, here's a spicy woody vanilla on the move. Resinous and earthy notes are added. Ani develops woody at times, then earthy and patschoulig again: fascinating. I sniff a fresh Odeur in between.

For me a very portable fragrance, highly recommended

MariaSMariaS 3 days ago
Perfection! Thank you Nishane! You just raised my standards!
TheFiersTheFiers 5 days ago
Vanilla, elevated by spices and woods. A true Masterpiece that lasts and lasts, never too cloying if you control the number of sprays.
LiisaLiisa 10 months ago
I really like this one in the Nordic winter. Something in Ani reminds me of a wet, fresh forest, yet the base warms everything up nicely.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 11 months ago
It's a good fragrance, but it's too overhyped. Smells a little bit too medicinal to me.
Ronny1987Ronny1987 11 months ago
This is the ManlyManly vanilla scent for me
ScentedGentScentedGent 1 year ago
A Perfect 10/10 in every category. Easily the best release of the year! Glorious!

by M3000
by Jigsawmiw
by Dunki
by Dunki

Popular Nishane

Hacivat by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Sultan Vetiver by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Zenne by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Unutamam by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Spice Bazaar by Nishane Boszporusz by Nishane