Fan Your Flames 2016

Fan Your Flames by Nishane
Fan Your Flames is a popular perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCoconut, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesTobacco, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesOakmoss, Chinese cedar

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.10.2020.

The Gentlemen's Pirate of the South Istanbulian Islands
Rum, coconut and tobacco in one perfume, with a cedar as a base? Have my long petitions to a higher power been answered?

I have relatively high expectations when it comes to rum and tobacco - I have been involved with R(h)um for many years and used to work in the tobacco industry.

So it was clear to me in advance - either this is my long-awaited holy grail, or I stop searching and devote myself, for example, to a model railway or start sewing children's clothes.

One thing you have to give Nishane credit for, the presentation, packaging and bottle are incredibly noble and beautifully presented. This is fun.

The scent immediately opens quite smoky, a resinous smoke with a little sweetness - it reminds me of a smoky, natural oud I was allowed to sniff once. Then a nice coconut is added, very nutty and natural, the sweetness is moderate. No coconut milk, no bounty, but really well met. Cedar & rum make an open rum barrel - aromatic, authentic, hot and dark. Anyone who has ever stood in a warehouse with rum barrels will remember this now.

The tobacco is green-herbal and heavy, wafting with potency around the rum barrel, while the coconut shells crack on the fire. Now and then - a resinous-sweet-smoky part flashes up, which reminds me of hash. The process is really great, the scent changes constantly, a new scent impression is added all the time. The whole thing feels very high-quality.

Shelf life is phenomenal, 12h+ are easily in. As always, you should rather not overdose, as the silage quickly rises to a few meters. Two sprays from the massive bottle are enough.

Fan your Flames is exotic, a little bit wicked and there is a certain lustre in it - but at the same time it is just as distinguished and equipped with a certain noblesse. Gentlemen-Pirate sounds terribly trite, but somehow this is apt.

This perfume will surely become a regular in my collection. I am still looking for the holy grail ;-)
Caribbean party in the Ruhrpott
I had this stupid accident the other day when I was doing my weekly shopping. Now, before you start yelling in shock: I had already bought butter and salami, everything good. No, my lovely wife wanted to bring home the holiday feeling despite Corona. Instead of beach, palm trees and sea, it was party cellar with dim lighting, Dortmund Union beer and homemade Raffaello schnapps from the bathtub. From my friend, Jürgen.

Sounds good, right? Well, anyway, my wife sent me out again to shop, buy coconuts and Caribbean stuff. No problem, I'm a pro at that! I have several Caribbean resort stays to show for it. I quickly put on my Halston Z-14. After I googled it, I bought rum. The one from the middle shelf. Not too cheap but not an expensive drop, the good one doesn't taste good anyway. While I was there, I got myself a couple of packs of fags and a vanilla liqueur. Jürgen swears by it.

Then the mishap started when I left the store. The stone slabs outside were too slippery for my Adiletten (I was already wearing my holiday outfit as a precaution), I spun, balanced my shopping but it was of no use. I fell crashing and everything poured on me. First the coconuts ran out together with the rum. I suddenly smelled like Klaus Störtebeker, but I tell you that! Anyway, the rum was quite intense and very alcoholic, phew! Only now I noticed that a bit of tobacco and vanilla liqueur fell into the poured coconut rum. Well, it didn't matter much. The rum tasted very sweet already because of the coconut. As pleasant as the smell was at the beginning for a bad boy like me, now it bothered me a bit. Quickly I picked up the opened pack of cigarettes and went to the car. Too bad that my mossy neck tone didn't come through anymore and also too bad that I partly fell into the cedar plantation. Like Andy Brehme said: hurry up shit on your foot, hurry up shit on your foot.

I drove home and smelled like a whole Caribbean bar, where people drink rum from a coconut shell. I suppose you think that's nonsense. Oh, no! I did it once before in Duisburg! And that was really Caribbean, the owner told me. And what Peter says is true. He used to be married to one from there. 20 years ago. I was glad that all the other junk didn't play into the smell. The alcoholic became weaker with the time, it became more and more sweet, but now the fags stank too!

I parked my car and of course I met my neighbour, that doggone Schofel! "Are you all right, Captain Morgan?" he smiled at me. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind but he was home pumping iron. So I smiled at him and pretended to be clumsy by dropping the keys to the front door several times. The idiot!
Anyway, I arrived at home and told my wife about the accident, she was already wearing the bast skirt and the wreath in her hair. She did not manage to swing her hips very well. She thought the whole thing was not bad and so everything was ok. First I had a Union beer to calm myself down. She said to me, I am not Jack Sparrow but I am her pirate. I replied, she is not the woman from the Bacardi commercial but for me she is the drunk alternative. Wasn't well received. Maybe I had inhaled too much of the rum smell.
That was my story! Good night off the couch, guys!
Set your life on fire. Seek those who FAN YOUR FLAMES
Said the Sufi Grand Master, Jalal ad-Din al-Rumi. Nishane probably intends here a subtle implication to the mysticism of the Mevlevis. Rumi is known to us all? I hope so :) If not, here a little summary:

Like almost every dervish, Rumi has also "travelled" a lot. "Dying to be born. Walking to arrive." defines the phenomenon of travel. His travel activities cover more than 4000 km: from his birthplace (born 1207 in Balch - today's Afghanistan) via Samarkand in Uzbekistan, Iran and Syria, where Rumi studied in Damascus and Aleppo in his twenties. His last stop was Konya in Turkey, where Rumi spent the last 50 years of his life. Today, Rumi's tomb attracts reverent followers and heads of state every year for a swirling dervish ceremony (Sema) on December 17th, the anniversary of his death (Seb-i Arus).

Rumi belongs to the few grandmasters (e.g. besides Khalid-i Bagdadi) who have been given the epithet "Maulana":Arabic for "our master/master". Accordingly, he is known in Turkey, for example, rather under the name "Mevlana". This inspiring, world-famous poet, whose fruitful works are still a muse for people like Madonna and Deepak Chopra, has become a kind of self-help guru, as he reflects the universal, timeless concerns of humanity. His legacy is omnipresent, such as in the multimedia chamber opera Monsters of Grace, which is based on his works. Goethe too, has intensively studied Rumi in his West-Eastern Divan. There are various analyses of why Rumi is so popular (his Masnawi is one of the best-selling books and is considered one of the most important Islamic texts). States argue about who Rumi belongs to: Afghanistan - birthplace, Iran - all his texts are in Persian, Turkey - the place where he was reborn with shams.

A little lecture:

With your soul, mine has changed mixed like water with the wine.
Who can separate wine from water,
who will take you and me out of the clubs?

But now back to Nishane:

Just by the implication to Rumi alone I would not have imagined the scent to be so dark and gloomy. With Rumi I rather associate the "light". I can't imagine Rumi smelling like Nishane :) I don't mean that I don't like the scent. No, on the contrary, Fan Your Flames smells very pleasant. Especially the prelude with coconut pleases me extremely. This smoke and the mystical darkness behind it doesn't bother me either. As I said, Fan Your Flames has something mystical about it - especially the rum, which embraces the coconut and with all its masculinity, which dominates recessive and feminine coconut. Makes you think "oh, where did the coconut go?!" And you start looking. It should be noted that the search for the vanished coconut will not be an easy one - the path is dark. I can well imagine that the madrasah where Rumi taught - smelled very much like Nishane

Fanning of flames required
A much talked about early release from Turkish house Nishane, of which I have only ever tried Rosa Turca. The note pyramid intrigued me on this and I was keen to see if the actual smell delivered. Thank you.

First Taste of Istanbul
This Rumi-inspired concoction has turned out to be a beautiful blind buy. I haven't tried any of the Nishane perfumes but am very impressed by the quality so far. The perfume is multi-faceted, long lasting and powerful. It starts off very tropical with pineapple and coconut. I wish there was more rum: here it is more like restrained sweet liquor whereas I would have liked more punch, like a rum raisin. The tang of cedarwood makes the intense sweetness bearable but you have to like super sweet perfumes in the style of Tabacca, Or du Serail and Sacre Tabac Sucree. For those that like hookah/shisha perfumes, you will love this.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
An initial sweet boozy tobacco vibe that quickly becomes an dark cedar wood scent monument. For very masculine manly men only :-)
SmellGoodGuySmellGoodGuy 21 months ago
I smelled it and really enjoyed it. I have a sample and am looking forward to trying it on. To be continued...
OdysseusOdysseus 2 years ago
This beauty is the love-child of Straight To Heaven (rum, spicy, woody) and Virgin Island Water (coconut), with much better performance. WOW
HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Persistent coconut on mentholated fruity-woody base. A bit odd juggling act with warm and cold notes. Better as a feminine. Mind the dosage!

...und die parfumobande singt: wer hat die kokosnuss - wer hat die kokosnuss - wer hat die kokosnuss verbraaahahaaaant!? außergewöhnlich & verbrannt... ähhh... ‘dammt gut! ;)
by Felsn
by sebjar
by sebjar
by Lexa
by Lexa
by SonyCrockett
by SonyCrockett

Popular Nishane

Ani by Nishane Hacivat by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Sultan Vetiver by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane Zenne by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Unutamam by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Spice Bazaar by Nishane Tuberóza by Nishane