Karagoz 2017

Karagoz by Nishane
Karagoz is a popular perfume by Nishane for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fruity-green. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Jorge Lee

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Black grape, Herbs
Heart Notes Heart NotesNeroli, Jasmine, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Oud, Amber

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.04.2021.

Karagöz is a character from the Turkish shadow play of the same name.

Evil
This frag is pure evil ! Hacivat is the good guy (white bottle) and his enemy in shadow play is the bad guy(black bottle) . It smells really like the bottle ! Black juicy grapes with the beautiful pineapple and in the background you can smell the patchouli with vetiver . It’s not everybody’s cup of tea but yes, that’s why I like it ????
The wine among perfumes
I was also allowed to test this fragrance in the house of Nishane in Istanbul. And I must say, I like him even a tad more than Nishane Hacivat.

If there is one perfume that should embody a wine, it would definitely be this one. I haven't smelled a perfume that resembles this fragrance before. Something truly extraordinary, in fact.

Some users have complained about associating sweat in some way with some of Karagöz's scents. I can't agree with that. It smells at least on my skin dreamlike.
In my opinion, the only thing that could possibly disturb, that the grape at the beginning of something dull (therefore 0.5 points deduction). That the grape comes in the prelude something dominant, but does not bother me at all. That is finally the character of this fragrance.

Overall, the fragrance seems like a fruity-grassy red wine. He smells of course not exactly like wine, that would be terrible. :)

The performance is world class. Even after 12 hours including showers, the scent is still perceptible. The sillage is very, very strong. A small spray from afar is quite enough.

Price-wise, it is of course a bit high. But in my opinion, that is justified, because a bottle is very, very productive and will also hold with regular correct applying over years.

I recommend anyone who wants to smell something extravagant, to test this fragrance
DerDefcon
Yeah, Yatagan was right! It is a dessert wine, and a good one, at that.
In the first statement about this fragrance, written by Yatagan, I read something about dessert wine with floral and green accents. In fact, it was this statement that ordered my thoughts, which had been circling around the question of what this Nishane fragrance reminds me of for hours. On the side, I was wandering around the house as part of my university home-office misery, in need of variety, a little exercise. How surprised and impressed I was when I entered my room after a few minutes, because in the air this perfume unfolded an aura that made many a prejudice about fruity fragrances, namely that they are often synthetic, sweet and sticky, evaporate abruptly. But actually, "Karagoz" already clears up those preconceived opinions at the first spray, as soon as a dark fruity, slightly acidic aroma wets the skin. It is unmistakable that grapes are contained here. I am also able to smell one or the other berry. But the stars tell us exactly which fruit it is, because our initial fruit cocktail smells too multi-layered and complex to be able to explicitly emphasize individual notes.

With the addition of the vetiver, our dark-fruity and sour composition takes on a tart - not too tart - impact. Some people may find it smoky, others green. I would say we meet in the golden mean, a little smoky and a little green - just the typical vetiver appearance, which never gains the upper hand here, but rounds off the fruity character together with a subtle, slightly powdery amber note.

The amber-like warmth, the dark fruit and the tart facets caused by the vetiver create an image that confirms the statement of the user Yatagan. We are served a nice dessert wine, but please do not over taste it, because it is strong ... very strong. Two small sprays from the mini-sprayer flooded our family house. The depth and above all the potency of this fragrance, declared as fruity and green, are therefore something that makes it ideal for the colder days and especially for those of us who like the DNA of a fruity-sweet opium for men from the house of Dior, but are looking for something non-vanilla, something completely unsweet - just as a small guide
Duftiibus
Super quality of the fragrance... totally underestimated..
Completely underrated perfume... very simple but exciting on my skin... reminds me of a great night in Istanbul:) only what is not so good... the quality of the bottle... I would wait until after October then there are the new ones....

Test it out once and give it time.... :)

Emorandeira
The bad brother of aventus
This perfume could be perfectly the Evil and more mature brother of aventus. Both share a strong presencié of the pinneaple in them and i can find log of similarities. But at the same time there are Also many differences. Aventus is fresher, brigter, more aquatic, is light suitable for an every day use. However karagoz is darker and much more dense and intense. Where aventus has vanilla or birch, karagoz has oud and vetiver. The green and creamy background of this perfume makes me think a lot if dries van noten by Frederic Malle. It is like this perfume but adding pinnaeple and oud Wood. Despite his dark character, karagoz is a perfume very easy to wear... Fruity and sweet, suitable for every genre or swason, but better for night time. The performance of the perfume is just what i would have expected to be un aventus according to the price. This is, summing Up, a darker aventus with a much better performance!

PerfumeaholKPerfumeaholK 2 months ago
I like this one. Can't justify the price but at least is is good smelling and not cloning anything. Considering getting this one FB
MariaSMariaS 3 months ago
As a woman, I believe this perfume is underrated. It smells amazing, elegant, classy and has a great performance. Give it a try,its worth it
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
A dark pinneaple. The bad side of aventus. Intense, concentrated as most nishane perfumes are. Very nice scent with incredible performance.

by AlexW
by AlexW
by OvidiuH
Too underrated male perfume! I find it great and super long lasting!
by MariaS
by Bondaredwin
by Bondaredwin

Popular Nishane

Hacivat by Nishane Ani by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Sultan Vetiver by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Zenne by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Ege / Αιγαίο by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Nanshe by Nishane Unutamam by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane