Sultan Vetiver 2014

Sultan Vetiver by Nishane
Sultan Vetiver is a popular perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is green-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJava vetiver, Absinth, Bergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver, Neroli, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Leather, Brazilian vetiver

Submitted by Mefunx, last update on 08.01.2021.

Similar to Guerlain Vetiver
If you can't justify it's price tag, go for guerlain vetvier
To my nose, guerlain's with the tobacco note is not as realistic of a vetiver as this

Scentwise, I adore this. This really smells extremely beautiful. The neroli makes the vetiver smell so delicate. I can see why this is marked unisex as it's wearable for women IMO.

I love it!.
If you are a true vetiver fan and want no excessive decorations (eg. stuff like TDH is disrupting the vetiver quite a bit) Please go for this!

Vetiver King
Deep, spicy and wonderful. Stays on my clothes for days afterwards. This is marketed as unisex but it leans very masculine to me. There really is no comparison to any other vetiver based fragrance that I've tried. This has jumped to the top of my favorites list. Truly a masterpiece.
BOOM!! In your Face!!
What a smell!!! It attacks mercilessly without regard to losses and after initial shock and uncertainty, this remarkable fragrance unfolds into a true vetiver experience.
Yes, I like vetiver, that's hardly deniable, even after I used to search for this ingredient, which I like in fragrances, but I couldn't quite place it in the spectrum, which at that time had familiar smells, to finally find a common ground, also perfumed, thank you: Vetiver
But that certainly does not mean that I like every vetiver scent.
The mixture has to be right... and it definitely is right here With the first sprayer one notices a certain sharpness, which works at the beginning somewhat deterrent, but disappears fast, in order to leave room for a very pleasant smell, which looks for me security also the suitable cause or at least does not suit everyone or let's say it in such a way:
Not everyone does justice to the scent ;)
I smell here a self-confident "male" man ;), who clearly knows what he wants and radiates it accordingly. Something sweet, green, woody Nishane does many things right here and makes curious about other creations of this brand.
Scent: My current Vetiver King
Shelf life: very good
Sillage: In the beginning bombastic and then becomes very good, but you can add more :)
Flacon: The lid is an eye-catcher and otherwise solid
Voffline
Why all this hype about Nishane?!
I have to admit honestly that the hype around Nishane made me test the scents like "Ani" (smells like lemon-vanilla cake to me) or "Hacivat" (reminds me very much of "Cedrat Boise" - yes, the scent fanatics among you will stone me...) - but I was very disappointed. "Sultan Vetiver" and "Fan Your Flames" are still to come. I tested "Sultan Vetiver" today and was really very enthusiastic and positively surprised!

(So far I have always avoided vetiver scents, because I am/was a bit scared since "Encre Noir". Unfortunately, I couldn't understand the enthusiasm for "Encre Noir" so far > I'm apparently not one to run with the masses or follow trends. "Encre Noir" really only smells like black ink to me. If, and when I want to smell like that I don't know until today ;-)

But now back to the actual theme - the fragrance: "Sultan Vetiver" really starts off explosively with a fresh note (bergamot) and a slight piquancy/spiciness (pepper). This is followed by a bitter and earthy scent (vetiver). After this opening, however, the fragrance begins to unfold its magic ... the vetiver slowly combines with the tonka bean and an almost honey-like - sweetish smell develops. Reminds me also at times of "Back To Black" (I love honey in fragrances - maybe that's why the course of the fragrance stands out for me). This composition between vetiver and tonka bean lasts for quite a while, until the leather and amber appear in the drydown - of course always in the presence of vetiver (as you can see in the pyramid of scents, there are different kinds of vetiver). In the end, the fragrance develops a creamy note, slightly sweet and earthy/leathery.

My conclusion: The fragrance is simply great! You can see how high quality the ingredients have been processed into a masterpiece and how high quality the whole thing is! Durability a little more than 8 hours on my skin. If it happened to many people like me and you are a little deterred by the earthy vetiver at first, I would recommend you to try or test this fragrance! I would advise against buying blindly, as the fragrance is not exactly cheap and I have generally learned for myself that one should first test the fragrances in everyday life, how they develop and unfold on the skin. Moreover, everyone has a different perception of the scents.

HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Finely tuned bittersweet combo of a huge, moist vetiver note and (what smells like) incense smoke. Quite possibly worth its price.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
5.5
Medicinal vetiver smelling more like those hyperpriced fake ouds than a real rooty vetiver.

by Skubi73
by Skubi73
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
by Felsn
by Felsn
by Rivegauche
by Rivegauche
A vetiver as radiant as the sun
by MrFumejunkie
by Joseph89
by Joseph89
by Golcher
by Golcher

Popular Nishane

Ani by Nishane Hacivat by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane Ege / Αιγαίο by Nishane Zenne by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Nanshe by Nishane Unutamam by Nishane