Sultan Vetiver 2014

Sultan Vetiver by Nishane
Sultan Vetiver is a popular perfume by Nishane for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is green-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesJava vetiver, Absinth, Bergamot, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vetiver, Haitian vetiver, Neroli, Tonka bean
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwood, Leather, Brazilian vetiver

Submitted by Mefunx, last update on 11.09.2020.

Voffline
Why all this hype about Nishane?!
I have to admit honestly that the hype around Nishane made me test the scents like "Ani" (smells like lemon-vanilla cake to me) or "Hacivat" (reminds me very much of "Cedrat Boise" - yes, the scent fanatics among you will stone me...) - but I was very disappointed. "Sultan Vetiver" and "Fan Your Flames" are still to come. I tested "Sultan Vetiver" today and was really very enthusiastic and positively surprised!

(So far I have always avoided vetiver scents, because I am/was a bit scared since "Encre Noir". Unfortunately, I couldn't understand the enthusiasm for "Encre Noir" so far > I'm apparently not one to run with the masses or follow trends. "Encre Noir" really only smells like black ink to me. If, and when I want to smell like that I don't know until today ;-)

But now back to the actual theme - the fragrance: "Sultan Vetiver" really starts off explosively with a fresh note (bergamot) and a slight piquancy/spiciness (pepper). This is followed by a bitter and earthy scent (vetiver). After this opening, however, the fragrance begins to unfold its magic ... the vetiver slowly combines with the tonka bean and an almost honey-like - sweetish smell develops. Reminds me also at times of "Back To Black" (I love honey in fragrances - maybe that's why the course of the fragrance stands out for me). This composition between vetiver and tonka bean lasts for quite a while, until the leather and amber appear in the drydown - of course always in the presence of vetiver (as you can see in the pyramid of scents, there are different kinds of vetiver). In the end, the fragrance develops a creamy note, slightly sweet and earthy/leathery.

My conclusion: The fragrance is simply great! You can see how high quality the ingredients have been processed into a masterpiece and how high quality the whole thing is! Durability a little more than 8 hours on my skin. If it happened to many people like me and you are a little deterred by the earthy vetiver at first, I would recommend you to try or test this fragrance! I would advise against buying blindly, as the fragrance is not exactly cheap and I have generally learned for myself that one should first test the fragrances in everyday life, how they develop and unfold on the skin. Moreover, everyone has a different perception of the scents.

HajuvanaHajuvana 4 years ago
Finely tuned bittersweet combo of a huge, moist vetiver note and (what smells like) incense smoke. Quite possibly worth its price.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 4 years ago
5.5
Medicinal vetiver smelling more like those hyperpriced fake ouds than a real rooty vetiver.

by Skubi73
by Skubi73
by Shivsri13
by Shivsri13
A vetiver as radiant as the sun
by MrFumejunkie
by Rivegauche
by Rivegauche
by Felsn
by Felsn
by Joseph89
by Joseph89

Popular Nishane

Ani by Nishane Hacivat by Nishane Wūlóng Chá by Nishane Ambra Calabria by Nishane Fan Your Flames by Nishane Mūsīqá Oud by Nishane Hundred Silent Ways by Nishane Karagoz by Nishane Pachulí Kozha by Nishane Colognisé by Nishane Afrika-Olifant by Nishane Safran Colognisé by Nishane B-612 by Nishane Nefs by Nishane Zenne by Nishane Unutamam by Nishane Múnegu by Nishane Suède et Safran by Nishane Spice Bazaar by Nishane Tuberóza by Nishane