Café Chantant 2013 Eau de Parfum

Café Chantant (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942
Café Chantant (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Nobile 1942 for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSour cherrySour cherry
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoinBenzoin
PatchouliPatchouli
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by Perdita, last update on 06.09.2021.

Enchantingly nostalgic dreamer
Midnight in Paris.
Cobblestones, Montmartre at dusk.
Poets and artists rant and philosphize over wine in a sidewalk café.

The top note starts with intensely dark-sweet cherry with subtle spice, not a tart fresh cherry, and I get a fragrant toy doll association with it pretty quickly: my Cherry Merry Muffin is back, but more intense this time ;)
At the same time, the scent exudes something melancholy and nostalgic; I actually have to think of a cute tea room with stucco on the ceilings, dusty chandeliers, and delicate dishes that my grandma keeps in her glass case.
It reminds me then also slightly of the waxy fine lipstick note of Seduction Collection - Iris Crush , which is of course much stronger there.
Café Chantant represents more the scented dolly, the Seduction Collection - Iris Crush more the lipstick, they have small similarities, but are still independent enough.
The strong cherry unfortunately warps piece by piece, but still remains perceptible in the background and combines nicely with the soft, sweet powderiness.
The drydown smells like warm bodies dusted with pink powder (not sweaty or somehow animalic, but just very sensual) and captures that cherry/berry doll-like quality more than, say, the "MMMM.... | Juliette Has A Gun" , which is just not intense and long-lasting enough for me in contrast to the Café Chantant.

A very fine, dreamy powder fragrance without "stuffiness" with nostalgic vibes that have something playful about them and therefore do not smell old-fashioned.
I smell him very much like!
In the mole

Blind as a bat, I'm testing this lovely scent from Kima's blind test hike package and won't know the resolution until after this comment is complete. I also agreed to post my review unchanged after the resolution. And here it is now.

There is only a neutral tube for me to see, no brand, no name, no pyramid. The image of the blind mole fits also otherwise quite well to the tested fragrance, which I review here, because I feel as if I can not see anything, but landed in a cozy and well-equipped warm burrow.
The entire fragrance feels very natural to me.

Initially briefly somewhat citrusy, but not with the typical top note bergamot or lemon of other fragrances, but milder, more subdued, it starts slightly waxy immediately with intense vanilla. Perhaps the vanilla is combined with benzoin or tonka.
Sweetish, but not maltol sweet, the combination develops very harmoniously warm to a soft, cozy autumn and winter scent for cold, uncomfortable days. Briefly I wonder if it could be a fragrance from the Shalimar series, but I discard the thought, because I now perceive something patchouli and the overall impression does not develop in the typical direction for Guerlain.

The patchouli is subtle, but since I have many fragrances with patchouli, I am already quite well adapted to it and smell it in smallest quantities sometimes no longer good out. As it progresses, I clearly notice that there is something else, slightly spicy and resinous in the background, but because the vanilla is extremely intense for me, I can't really isolate it to pinpoint it. Is it myrrh with a hint of tobacco? Minimally sandalwood? I can not say it exactly, even after multiple testing, but gen base sets with me more and more the impression of soft vanilla tobacco and remains from now on the determining factor of this beautiful and harmonious fragrance, in which I just want to fall with closed eyes, snuggle comfortably in my mole hole and enjoy!

And since the fragrance holds over determined 8-9 hours until it very slowly weakens and fades, I have enough time for it.
Thank you Kima!

Delicious cherry liquor
The opening of this fragance is gorgeous! It is like a cherry liqour mixed with the smell of the cherry bubblegums that i had when i was a child. The cherry is very noticeable, but totally different to other cherry fragances, for example Lost cherry by Tom Ford, which is much more gourmand and sweeter,; intense cherry by montale, much more floral; or B by Blood concept, woodier and more alcoholic. Café chantant is a very subtle fragance... Sweet but elegant. Soon the cherry liquor goes down and It appears a more noticeable laurel and a powdery flower vibe, with the iris and the heliotrope as main actors. The sweet background with the vanilla, benzoin and a very subtle musk give to the perfume some more intensity and increase a bit his longevity. The Woody character of the patchouli is for me very very subtle as Well. The dry down makes me remember the Air freshner that the company blanco (already Closed) used in his stores.

The performance is just average. Average longevity and not very strong sillage, what gives more versatility to this fórmula and makes this perfume suitable for everyday use un almost any condición. I find It unisex but i think that probably women Will use It more than men.

Scent: 9
Longevity: 7
Sillage: 6
Quality/price: 7
Versatility: 8
Originality: 8
Global: 9

EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Delicious cherry liquor and bubblegum at opening and sweet and powdery flowery dry down with iris and heliotrope un the centre. Unisex.

by AndyCandy
by AndyCandy

Popular Nobile 1942

Ambra Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Rudis by Nobile 1942 Chypre 1942 (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Perdizione by Nobile 1942 Malvs by Nobile 1942 Anonimo Veneziano (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio W (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Muschio Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Nobile 1942 Estroverso by Nobile 1942 1..1 by Nobile 1942 Lavanda Nobile by Nobile 1942 Patchouli Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Extrait) by Nobile 1942 Casta Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Fougère Nobile by Nobile 1942 Vespri Esperidati by Nobile 1942 Infinito by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Vespri Esperidati W (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942