Rudis by Nobile 1942

Rudis is a popular perfume by Nobile 1942 for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Fruity notes, Fruit pomace, Dried fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Rose, Geranium, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notes, Musky notes, Patchouli, Everlasting flower, Vetiver, Frankincense

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 07.06.2020.

Jilly
Fruit bomb with long breath
This is my first comment. I'll try to be objective. I was in Hamburg again this year and used the time for shopping. I just wanted to treat myself to a fragrance at Lubner's. I've been looking for something more extraordinary from the niche..... my darling was found quickly. It was the Black Afgano. On one hand I had this and on the other Rudis. Something repelled my nose from Rudis at this point. There were fruits and many but also a somewhat scratchy undertone to perceive. I left the store and was walking on my way... but something wouldn't let me go. I sniffed my wrist several times. This Rudi had it all in him. He had something beguiling about him. It reminded me of a fruity whyski with a light smoky note. So I decided to come back again and ask for the price of the little Rudi. After I almost tipped out of the mountain pines I took him with me anyway.
I don't know what to say. The Sillage is breathtaking. I'd almost say that's the longest lasting perfume in my entire collection. With two sprays auf´s shirt, I smell the fragrance still after two weeks intensively on the shirt (so shortly before washing - I wear a shirt not 2 weeks ;))).
I have never smelled this fragrance in this form anywhere else before. Certainly niche and the stift stalk and recognition value. But it should be used sparingly.
Like a sharp cut
A rainy day in B, the perfume store in Sousol. An elegant, dark red leather case attracts my attention. The bottle next to it isn't so pretty red. "Rudis" explain the label and the salesman... rudi's? No, Latin. I see. Remove the lid and smell the sprayer. There's the picture:
The cork is pulled out of the bottle, still moist from the wine it smells fresh and cool. There's some salt in the air. A shady place by the sea? The view into the distance and - in hot sand, somewhere is movement, dust rises. It's hot and dry... Drive for action despite the heat.
It must have been a sharp cut to step into freedom as a gladiator, with a warm wooden sword in his hand, and to drink fresh wine for the first time without worries.
My decision was right there. With Rudis in my hand I stepped outside.
On the many hot summer days of this year Rudis was on my skin: bright and motivating.

Rude?
The opening of Rudis is fairly nice, a decent boozy-wine-immortelle accord on spiced roasted leathers and woods, shortly something halfway Tango by Masque and 1740 by Histoire de Parfums (more than “halfway”, simply an uncreative, derivative hybrid between these and a couple of others). Not that creative, and quite much “trendy” considering how vastly this boozy-leather-immortelle thing has been exploited in niche; but still “better than nothing” as the saying goes – as long as it smells nice, I am fine with being plain trendy and uninspired. The notes smell quite dull and a bit cheap though, surely not the deepest, thickest and most fascinating texture around, but again... not the worst you can stumble upon, especially if you’re familiar with Antonio Alessandria style. I would expect something outstanding given this is “niche”, the élite of the élite, but nevermind. The main issue here, and in this case it’s so severe I consider it a total deal-breaker, is how weak, light, unsubstantial this scent is. After literally 15-20 minutes it melts down like snow under the sun, leaving you with a subtle, depressing leathery drydown which you would legitimately expect after 6 hours – not 20 bloody minutes. A vague, faint boozy safraleine drydown. Which has actually *no* drydown, as it just goes away after a couple of hours. Now... I would accept this if it was about a light, green, crisp citrus “haiku” à la Ellena; but how on Earth can one think to make a “bold boozy leather” this way? It’s like trying to sell boxing gloves made of omelette. “Rudis”? Bold and courageous like an anemic underweight teenager. Not giving a complete “no” just because for 20 minutes it smells nice.

4,5/10

# Platzhirsch #
by Kirthi
by Kirthi

Popular Nobile 1942

Café Chantant (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Ambra Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 MALVS by Nobile 1942 Chypre 1942 (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Perdizione by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Estroverso by Nobile 1942 Anonimo Veneziano (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Muschio Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio W (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Lavanda Nobile by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Extrait) by Nobile 1942 Casta Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 1..1 by Nobile 1942 Patchouli Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Infinito by Nobile 1942 Vespri Esperidati by Nobile 1942 Fougère Nobile by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Vespri Esperidati W (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942