Rudis by Nobile 1942
Rudis is a popular perfume by Nobile 1942 for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Fruity notesFruity notes Fruit pomace Dried fruitsDried fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesCloveClove RoseRose GeraniumGeranium CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesLeathery notesLeathery notes Musky notesMusky notes PatchouliPatchouli Everlasting flowerEverlasting flower VetiverVetiver FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 24.09.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions

In vino veritas!
First to say: I threw an eye on this fragrances for quite some time now. Bought it blind, because it was hard to find in a scent store anywhere around!

From previews and statements I could not draw a clear image of the composition and its performance…

Today I got the package with its beautiful presentation in the handmade leather box surrounding the flacon.

I was greedy to finally get some sprays on my skin!

After the first FW I am trying to describe my impressions in the follwoing words:

Fermented fruits/wine grapes meet wet woods and sweaty leather.

The story behind the scent follows these notes.

Gladiator drinking fermented wine to lower their fear pre fight to death in sweaty leather armour with weapons made of steel and wood.

I think this scent is very unqiue and special. Definitely nothing for every nose. Its not a crowd pleaser. Its not easy. Its complex and story telling.

You need to know to story to understand this scent.

Its opening is strong and musty. Similar to Monsieur by Frederic Malle with its patchouli monster, smelling wet and musty as well!

As I am a big fan of Monsieur, I think I will get along with Rudis very good.

Furthermore I had something on my mind that I could not combine. A fragrance I tested recently, that smell rather similar to Rudis.

Looking here on parfumo and checking for the similar scents, I was able to please that search.

B683 (and its extrait version) from
Barrios are both scents I know, like and admire for their composition. They are both quite hyped right now, what might increase the chance, that you know them.

Rudis is the wet and fruity version of them. Surely Rudis was created earlier, but there are similarities! Imagine wearing B683 on a rainy day, wearing grandpa’s old leather jacket that was packed up on your wet basement room!

I think you get the image!

For all lovers of special scents, that are must haves for those specials selection - go for it! You won‘t be dissappointed!
A special sword...
Rudis is a wooden sword, which only a victorious gladiator could call his own. The possession of a rudi also meant freedom for a gladiator. Antonio Alessandria has taken on a lot here with such a special theme. I was really skeptical if this could succeed. The OVP of Rudis alone is worth the price and leaves some niche brands behind. Here you really get a very well made leather case, in which Rudis can also be taken well protected on trips. For example, for hard use in the arena (office), or other locations where the gladiator (carrier / parfumo) would like to take his Rudis.

Rudis is really a unique fragrance. The combination of leather with fruit I have so never smelled before. Actually, I do not even like leather, but here I can make an exception without any problems. With Rudis it is really hard for me to smell individual notes. I can definitely smell rose, leather, clove, patchouli and some incense though. The fruity notes are more to be described as the smell of grape cider and some apple cider. I find this scent absolutely fascinating and special. Included in the ornate OVP is a sort of poem-like description by Rudis. This really describes the scent very well and forms an allegory for the wearer. But I do not want to reveal too much here, because it is really an interesting experience to compare the personal impression with the allegory of the poem-shaped description.

The durability and silage is really very good over 10 hours were no problem at 25 degrees outside temperature and the silage is the first 3-4 hours room-filling and then the silage goes down to a little over an arm's length.

Sumptuous and Decadent
This is divine, a quick hit of Bergamot greets you and quickly transitions you to the deep, sumptuous notes of dried fruits, rose, incense and leather. Gloriously decadent saffron is there as well, warming and embracing. Hints of clove and Cedar waft by your nostrils, gently reminding you that they're there. Further drying down, patchouli dirty and lustful arrives, as does a slight, but sensual Musk.

Such an amazing fragrance!
Jilly
Fruit bomb with long breath
This is my first comment. I'll try to be objective. I was in Hamburg again this year and used the time for shopping. I just wanted to treat myself to a fragrance at Lubner's. I've been looking for something more extraordinary from the niche..... my darling was found quickly. It was the Black Afgano. On one hand I had this and on the other Rudis. Something repelled my nose from Rudis at this point. There were fruits and many but also a somewhat scratchy undertone to perceive. I left the store and was walking on my way... but something wouldn't let me go. I sniffed my wrist several times. This Rudi had it all in him. He had something beguiling about him. It reminded me of a fruity whyski with a light smoky note. So I decided to come back again and ask for the price of the little Rudi. After I almost tipped out of the mountain pines I took him with me anyway.
I don't know what to say. The Sillage is breathtaking. I'd almost say that's the longest lasting perfume in my entire collection. With two sprays auf´s shirt, I smell the fragrance still after two weeks intensively on the shirt (so shortly before washing - I wear a shirt not 2 weeks ;))).
I have never smelled this fragrance in this form anywhere else before. Certainly niche and the stift stalk and recognition value. But it should be used sparingly.
Like a sharp cut
A rainy day in B, the perfume store in Sousol. An elegant, dark red leather case attracts my attention. The bottle next to it isn't so pretty red. "Rudis" explain the label and the salesman... rudi's? No, Latin. I see. Remove the lid and smell the sprayer. There's the picture:
The cork is pulled out of the bottle, still moist from the wine it smells fresh and cool. There's some salt in the air. A shady place by the sea? The view into the distance and - in hot sand, somewhere is movement, dust rises. It's hot and dry... Drive for action despite the heat.
It must have been a sharp cut to step into freedom as a gladiator, with a warm wooden sword in his hand, and to drink fresh wine for the first time without worries.
My decision was right there. With Rudis in my hand I stepped outside.
On the many hot summer days of this year Rudis was on my skin: bright and motivating.

1 short view on the fragrance
BielwenassBielwenass 2 years ago
An unusual one. I get mostly leather and some fermented berries, but you really can't put it into words.

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Nobile 1942

Il Capriccio del Maestro by Nobile 1942 Perdizione by Nobile 1942 Café Chantant (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Ambra Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Chypre 1942 (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Malvs by Nobile 1942 1..1 by Nobile 1942 Muschio Nobile (Eau de Toilette) by Nobile 1942 La Danza delle Libellule (Extrait) by Nobile 1942 Anonimo Veneziano (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio W (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Estroverso by Nobile 1942 Casta Diva (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Pontevecchio (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Patchouli Nobile (Eau de Parfum) by Nobile 1942 Lavanda Nobile by Nobile 1942 Vespri Esperidati by Nobile 1942 Fougère Nobile by Nobile 1942 Infinito by Nobile 1942