Norell 1968 Perfume

Version from 1968
Norell (1968) (Perfume) by Norell
Norell (1968) (Perfume) is a popular perfume by Norell for women and was released in 1968. The scent is chypre-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesHyacinthHyacinth GalbanumGalbanum BergamotBergamot NarcissusNarcissus LemonLemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnationCarnation JasmineJasmine RoseRose IrisIris OrchidOrchid
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood MuskMusk CedarwoodCedarwood MossMoss AmbergrisAmbergris

Submitted by Antoine, last update on 05.07.2019.

1.5

Vintage beast!
I remember I did a blind buy of this fragrance about ten years ago or so, it came with the body wash & lotion. I remember purchasing it because it was/still is very affordable & I said wth not?

When I first smelled this, it definitely is a vintage type fragrance if I could use that term ever so loosey... I knew from the first spray that this would not be for me as it is too floral with carnation & gardenia taking over & those are two florals that I detest so I put it up & never touch it again until about a few weeks ago.

A lovely fragrance friend of mine who lives out in the bay area in Cali loves vintage style frags so I gathered up a nice package with some samples & sent her the set, she was thrilled with this fragrance as she loves it. I am glad someone will get good use out of it & will actually enjoy it because I knew I was not.

I will give this fragrance credit for having good projection & longevity especially given the price point. I do enjoy my vintage types of fragrances, but this is a big thumbs down for me!

Head of it's Time
if you want to make yourself known
this is the right perfume this fragrance
demands your attention.
the begining the cypre greens with
undertones of bergamot lavender &
hiacynth the lemon just floats into the
backround. a couple of minutes later
going though a sweet narcissus gardenia
stage but the spicy residue of cypre
still lingers but in a earthier scent
with rose cinnamon and cardamon.

the drydown is an intoxicating myrrh.
a bit dated now but i think it was ahead
of it's time released in 1968 but the
perfume design and the box with it's
big bold black lettering NORELL
makes you think of a 80's bussiness
advertisments or a barbara kruger famous
piece of work your body is a battlegroun

this is one of those sex in a bottle
perfumes because it is sexy
a perfume for a young women with an
old soul.

by PhilosHippos
by Tweed
by Tweed

Popular by Norell

Norell II (Cologne) by Norell Norell (2015) (Eau de Parfum) by Norell Norell (1968) (Cologne) by Norell Norell (Soft Body Cologne) by Norell Remembrances by Norell Norell Elixir by Norell Norell (Cologne Concentrate) by Norell Norell (Body Spray) by Norell Norell Elixir Accord Collection - Musk Tobacco Accord by Norell Norell Elixir Accord Collection - Citrus Water Accord by Norell Norell Elixir Accord Collection - Patchouli Cashmeran Accord by Norell Norell Elixir Accord Collection - White Flower Accord by Norell Norell (Perfume Concentrate) by Norell Norell (Eau de Parfum) by Norell Norell II (Perfume) by Norell Norell II (Perfume Concentrate) by Norell Norell (2015) Baccarat Limited Edition (Parfum) by Norell Norell Blushing by Norell Norell (Perfume in a Pot) by Norell