Vaan by Not Perfumes

Vaan is a new perfume by Not Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is spicy-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesClove, Cinnamon, Bergamot, Neroli, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesCoriander, Cistus, Benzoin, Rose, Labdanum
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Opoponax, Castoreum, Civet

Submitted by Calista, last update on 22.09.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Greatly helpful Review
Rock in the surf
Like a rock in the surf you strengthen me.
Sometimes stormy and wild, sometimes lonely and quiet.
Your strength washes around me, only me!
Whispering, rushing, roaring and foaming.
Like the vast sea in a moon clear night.
Vaan is tall and strong. Partly a little coarse and unplaned.
But it gives you the warm feeling of being protected, powerful and self-confident.
But also that he owns you. Protective instinct aroused? Am I at his mercy?
No, I myself appealed to Vaan to protect me. He is so much more than a protector
and treats you with care. Warm, deep incense and cinnamon, spice ointment
on the skin. Stand with both legs firmly on the ground in the Patchouli dream. Green-earthy, dark and mysterious, he moves with you at every turn.
He puts a thorny rose in your hand and you grab it tight. Red and fragrant, pulsating, sweet pain.
You wander with him through the forest and behind you a fog of animal violence. No one would tell you
do something. So your way goes up to the cliffs by the sea and then you see it, the strong, mighty rock that stands in the middle of the surf. And you smile, pull the coat tighter around you and close your eyes.
Power and strength - Vaan.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Valhalla
I love the Swede. I love her for her joie de vivre, for her very obliging nature, for her very conscious approach to nature and for her fables and mythologies. I also love her for her inventiveness in architecture and design. They combine old things with new things and thus create completely new ideas and concepts. One of my favourite fashion designers is also Swedish. His name is Richard Söderberg and the label is called Obscur. I own a lot of his plays. Richards Mode and Johannas Venables perfumes are very similar, not to say they complement each other perfectly. Johannas perfumes are like Richard's fashion. both are very fairy tale, obscure, profound, dark, melancholic, mysterious, mysterious, original, powerful, sensitive and in a fascinating way incredibly appealing. And both of them have mastered the art of telling us stories with their ability to get on and under our skin. With Vaan Johanna has created a utopia for us. A place we all long for. A place that should be the end of our long journey. An olfactory Valhalla. A place for the warriors who come home after a battle to find peace in a world beyond our imagination. A place of silence and peace.
The fragrance
Vaan is like a galaxy of compensated scents. A bitter and bitter clove in combination with citric and slightly tangy neroli and bergamot open the journey. The smell of cinnamon can be recognized quickly. The fragrance begins to get warmer and spicier. Nuances of coriander leaves and hot pepper run through it. It still looks coarse and unpolished, but this is about to change. A subtle warmth begins to spread. Gradually various resins creep in. Balsamic benzoin creamy-soft and resinous-tough Cistus spread like a mist of stardust and heat Vaan. Comets of dark, heavy roses briefly penetrate the fog and have already flown away again. The cinnamon note becomes more and more present and softer, which is due to the opoponax, which combines waxy soft and melting with the existing notes. A dry, dusty and unsweet vanilla further enhances this effect. The discreet encore of Castoreum and Zibet gives Vaan a warm leathery and slightly animal chord. This gives the fragrance greatness, power and incredible depth.
Conclusion
Vaan is the Valhalla. He is the realm into which the warriors draw at the end of their long journey. When all battles have been fought, he picks you up and takes you on a star road to the promised land in nowhere. He's like Odin's bodyguard, who will protect you on your long journey to where all the battles end and all the battles are fought. Vaan is like dark-warm antimatter that surrounds you like a mist of soft, spicy and resinous melancholy, and we are still going into battle today. We too must fight every day. And also we long for a Valhalla while we lead these battles and fights. To a place that marks the end of our journey and gives us infinite peace. Wherever this place may be?

Vaan will show us the way and accompany us!

Popular Not Perfumes

Svaha by Not Perfumes Orm by Not Perfumes Vaan by Not Perfumes Nadir by Not Perfumes Ashka by Not Perfumes