Lumière Blanche (2012)

Lumière Blanche by Olfactive Studio
Bottle Design Camille Toupet

Lumière Blanche is a perfume by Olfactive Studio for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-powdery. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Star anise, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Cashmere wood, Almond milk
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Tonka bean, White musk, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 26.10.2019.

SemiBoes
Kind of good, but not too slippery
A very clear unisex scent. Fresh, with clear cedar. The shelf life was at least 6 hours with me. Unfortunately, it is always difficult to evaluate the Sillage. However, it held on to the skin for a long time, perhaps it will actually be bought.

Milky White
There's a milkiness to this fragrance that I really did not expect. It opens with cardamom and almond, very milky and sweet. Then I get some iris, but not the clean, crisp iris one usually experiences -- instead, this one is creamy. This fragrance dries down to cedar, but with that persistent milkiness.

It seems that "white light" is almond milk in this interpretation.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Lumière Jaune
To my nose, Olfactive Studio LUMIERE BLANCHE is a smooth and creamy yellowish oriental composition. It is not very strong, as evidenced by the fact that I was able to drain my entire spray sample vial in a single wearing. So I'd characterize this one as on the thinner side of the oriental spectrum. It's not watery, but it's definitely not viscous. The word 'elixir' does not apply.

I was expecting from the name something bright and possibly citrus or perhaps incandescently floral--probably because I've tested perfumes with the word 'white' in their names recently which fall into those categories. Instead, I found cardamom and almond swirling in a somewhat milky mixture with a bit of cedar in the background. It smells pretty nice and more natural than not, but LUMIERE BLANCHE is definitely not unique, so given the middling longevity, I won't be pursuing this creation further.
10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Dark Forest in Autumn
The name Lumière Blanche had promised to me an impression of the 'white nights' during the mid-summer close to the Arctic Circle. Actually I do neither discover something like white nights nor summer nor white lights.
The top is starting with a harsh scent of cinnamon and wood. Sandalwood? - Star anise and cardamom will never be appearing to me. - Something bitter is arising immediatly with the almond and for me cyanid smell. The sillage is coming up to a full flavour of the anyhow dangerous evaporating scent-mixture. The first time I am rejecting this fragance. And though it's attracting me. After this beginning there is starting an imagination of a dark, dense and humid forest, better a northern jungle in the autum. Rotting plants, bitter smells of fern and oak-acorns, mouldering trunks. The coniferous trees fermenting needles covering the soil of the darkest part into the jungle. Meanwhile the dediduous trees are loosing their leaves which are smelling in the unique autums-scent of northern forests. There the jungle is becoming lighter because of the filigreely silhouettes of the branches and twigs which are appearing while the soil is still shining like an ocre until light brown carpet. And this is now my impression of the heart and base note. Something clear and constantly bitter-sweet smelling is surrounding me. Within the forest ist is silent now because the birds are no longer singing, only a hawk's cry is audible in a remote distance, lamenting and grievious. The black mirror of the reflecting surface of a lake is pretending to be clear and deep. But it is evaporating more the smell of swamp. The white light of "Lumière blanche" is forcasting the snow of the winter so it seems to me. Lumière blanche ist almost similar to "Autoportrait" of Olfacive Studio. But a harsher scent of bitter wood is prevailing. Thouhgt there is always something sweet to me. Till the the end of scenting the impression of a dark and almost bare forest in november is lasting. Though the sweet almond and tonka-bean-scent is not vanishing as well, this parfum has something disconsolately for me. No breeze of flower is comforting me not even a promise of a christmas-rose. The full-developed fragance-compostion of Lumière blanche is lasting with equal intensity for a long time. A special parfume indeed. But I am not able to recognize for which purpose I would like to wear it.

by Kylesa
by loewenherz
by Lah2o
by Lah2o

Popular Olfactive Studio

Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche by Olfactive Studio Still Life by Olfactive Studio Ombre Indigo / Olfactive Studio by Olfactive Studio Autoportrait by Olfactive Studio Panorama by Olfactive Studio Woody Mood by Olfactive Studio Flash Back by Olfactive Studio Still Life in Rio by Olfactive Studio Close Up by Olfactive Studio Selfie by Olfactive Studio Flash Back in New York by Olfactive Studio Vanilla Shot by Olfactive Studio Chypre Shot by Olfactive Studio Leather Shot by Olfactive Studio