Ombre IndigoOlfactive Studio (2014)

Ombre Indigo / Olfactive Studio by Olfactive Studio
Bottle Design: Camille Toupet

Ombre Indigo is a perfume by Olfactive Studio for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Mylène Alran

Top Notes Top NotesPetitgrain, Tuberose absolute, Saffron, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesVetiver, Papyrus, Leather, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Amber, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.10.2019

8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Shady sea
Hello hello and welcome to a new comment from your Don Juan de Cat (oh God, that's a really stupid username, but what the hell... :D)!

Well, you know me, before I finally get to the topic, there is a long talk. So get yourself a cup of coffee (or tea!) first!), grab some biscuits, cookies or whatever you like (at the moment it's Jelly Beans again, and if it should be salty, then Cruspies peanuts from Lidl... unfortunately only with paprika, because some smart aleck probably came up with the idea not to supply the excellent variety with Wasabi taste of it anymore,... argh... I said yes, I'm going to talk a bit!) and lean back, I wish you a lot of fun reading :D

Today we are talking about Ombre Indigo, which means "shady or dark indigo blue". And it's also about shadows. Shadows that every one of us carries within us. It haunts us, it protects us, it penetrates and surrounds us... somehow it sounds like Star Wars! Be that as it may, the fragrance has been inspired by a photograph, as it seems several times with this brand, namely a photograph by the photographer Gustavo Pellizzon, who in his photo series "Encanto" shows in a spectacular and beautiful way the interplay of light and above all shadows. This is what this fragrance tries to reflect and concentrates on the darker tones, the shadows. Of course it takes a lot of imagination to imagine such things with a fragrance, but I like this creativity and the idea of combining images with fragrances. Let's see how Ombre Indigo smells

The fragrance:
For me, the fragrance starts with leather, frankincense, a little saffron and a light, dusty-dry scent, although I don't mean this in a negative way, as this note somehow fits nicely with the rest of the fragrance so far. For a short moment you have the feeling of smelling some tingling pepper, but this note quickly disappears again. A little later Vetiver appears and adds a grassy, earthy scent to the scent perception. I also perceive a very slight sweetness in the background, but I can't say whether this comes from the tuberose indicated, because the sweetness is very light as I said and you or I don't smell tuberoses out.
A bit later this sweetness becomes stronger, but now smells like amber, which is of course also very nice and this sweetness also smells like unisex instead of being more feminine (although the scent becomes masculine in the course of time, mainly because of the earthy and woody notes as well as the leather).
Yes, the leather is getting a little stronger, as is the incense. Again later, the sweet notes come from a mix of amber and musk (and perhaps even tuberose now), with the musk later becoming the "main supplier" for the sweet notes. From the base, the fragrance is also generally more woody and spicier. But nevertheless it remains soft and soft, which should be due to the benzoin, and therefore you smell the leather much softer (but also a little less). Much later the fragrance is a little more earthy again, especially when the sweet notes fade away a little. A beautiful and actually to the name matching, "dark" fragrance.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The charisma is mediocre and therefore still okay as far as the smell of the scent is concerned. But you shouldn't be very far away. The shelf life was still okay, one comes on approx. eight to nine hours, whereby in the later hours the smell lies naturally very weakly on the skin.

The bottle:
The bottle is rectangular with slightly rounded sides and edges. The crepe tape like label shows name and brand and looks quite nice when it comes to appearance. Although the bottle is rather simple, it still looks very beautiful and its charisma is further enhanced by the great colour of the fragrance liquid.

Soo, Ombre Indigo has really become a beautiful fragrance. In the beginning I was a little skeptical for myself, because I don't like leather that much, but the other scents here smell wonderful and the leather never really gets extremely strong, so I liked this scent very much. And in my opinion it really does reflect what you see in the photo: a figure of which you only see the silhouette. It has taken off its illuminated trousers and thrown them around its shoulders, and thus wades in the blue sea, which shows both light reflections and shadows and thus generally looks somewhat dark and gloomy, but in a beautiful and artistic way. I think these shady motifs go well with the dark scents, like the combination of frankincense and musk, with light tones like amber that flash lightly on the side, which could stand for the light reflections in the sea.

I can imagine the fragrance very well in autumn, both for leisure time and everyday life, but also great for going out. When I go out, I don't mean celebrating wildly, but rather eating, drinking in a bar or something like that. In any case, it is very worth testing and should therefore also be tried.

With this I finally come to the end and hope that you have endured my long babble somewhat well :) I wish you all a nice evening, and see you soon!
8.0 7.0 7.0 10.0/10

Melancholy
Trust me
if I'm gonna give you
offer
a moment
in the eye
of the cyclone.

Here ends your hustle and bustle
your wrestling
about individuality.

Amber resin,
in light
long forgotten lines.
Tropical breath
will be forgotten to you
donate
an elegant
Just a minute.
10.0 10.0 5.0 8.0/10

DANGER - for the wearer
OMBRE INDIGO is a power demonstration. Hot, interesting and manly. The notes get involved in a smoky and sligthly inky-leathery swirl. The spices and the smoke provide a natural sense, not choking at all. It gives me the feeling of a night swim in a small lake, on the shore a campfire, behind the camp a dark and measureless pine-forest. So water, smoke, woods. Wonderful treat!

Perfect name! The color of the liquor is enchanting dark blue, that fits to the perfume. If this fragrance would be a color, it would be definitely that shade of blue.
This scent is classic and modern at the same time, a real seducer, but I would not suggest to wear it on a date. Rather befits for a casual captivation.
Splash it soberly. It can cause dumbfounding situations.

I decided at the first moment after the test, that this fragrance is dedicated for men, and I left the shop. I look quite average, nothing is enough markable on me. That afternoon 3 men accosted me, 2 on the street, 1 on the subway. No one from them mentioned my perfume, but since such case never happened to me before or after it, I can not blame anything else, but OMBRE INDIGO. It was a frightening day for me, and I was really glad, when I locked the door behind myself at my home. I will never wear that again in public.
5.0 7.5 8.0/10

EVOLUTION
Unique. At first, I detected some petrolium or rubber after some time the smell turns out out to be some perfect jam. Long lasting. if the sillage would match with lasting power, it would be an utterly great perfume.The evolution is perfect and umpredictable.

by Soulmates