Woody Mood by Olfactive Studio
Woody Mood is a popular perfume by Olfactive Studio for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Clary sage, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesSequoia, Spikenard, Black tea, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Styrax, Cocoa

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.01.2021.

Wood in the hut
I tested without looking at the pyramid and put the impressions below on paper. If someone is looking for me: I'm in the olfactory support group.

There's a distinct cedar at the beginning. And the cedar is followed by something that, with the wisdom of two oud scents, I think I recognize as oud used sparingly.
The next strong impression is: warmth. This perhaps stems from the sweetness that now sets in, and a spicy note. Clove? Cinnamon? Allspice? Something like that.
The whole thing seems noble to me, rather reduced and harmoniously coordinated. In between, I think it humanizes a little (cumin?), but that evaporates then again. I also wonder if there's some uncharacteristic vanilla in the wood, because in the background it's subtly dessert-like and delicious. Or is it high-proof chocolate?
Otherwise, Woody Moods remain Cedar Moods to me; I don't recognize other trees for lack of note vocabulary. Also, the overall impression for me is less woodsy (i.e. trees, mosses, grasses, etc.) and more that of furniture wood and wooden floors.

I find this fragrance nice, round and not boring. He seemed at the first wearing on me quite masculine and I wanted to give him away - but no: I do not give that away.
If the fragrance were a dating profile, it would be in my mind:
Lukas, 44, architect. Has a minimalist apartment, but it does not seem cool because of the natural materials. Somewhere there is an Eames lounge chair. He likes cinema, trekking, melancholic guitar music and likes to explain the grinder of his espresso machine or a Shimano gear shift. And if Lukas doesn't find anyone, I would be very surprised.

So - more clichés I have not.
What a woody mood
Woody Mood literally means woody mood. Just because of the name alone, getting to know it better was of great interest to me. The label has also been in my focus for a long time. In this respect, nothing stood in the way of an extensive test - and I was anything but disappointed. Because the name is really the program here! The golden-yellow amber liquid promises a promising, ethereal forest scent. The prelude sends out a slightly fresh, citric note. This briefly lasting fresh forest air is framed by a dreamily mild and bitter cocoa nuance. Not intensive or even sweet, but initiating and introducing for the further fragrance development. In my opinion, this start forms the basis, the framework for the other components. A slight pungency, presumably due to the ginger, is added at the same time. This harmony is supported by an equally mild, tart and subtle herbaceousness.
This constellation of the aromas forming the top note is already superbly implemented. But Woody Mood has more to offer, much more, because we are only at the entrance of the monumental looking sequoia forest...
As more and more ethereal and balsamic sounds are slowly mixed in, we find ourselves more in wooded terrain. Fragrant, slightly smoky forest soil combines with an incredibly beautiful, smooth and warm woodiness. At no time does the fragrance seem exhausting or even edgy, the forest does not burn anywhere, and it always appears accessible and beautifully implemented! In between, a slightly bitter facet flashes through, probably caused by the tea, and rounds off the whole fragrance spectrum towards the middle. At this point we are already deeper in the forest.
Arriving at the end of the forest, to drydown the fragrance, a caressing woody and resinous component is added. The styrax probably conveys this warm, sensual and resinous finale, and accompanies us to the exit of the forest...

I write comments on fragrances that touch me deeply through their magic and charisma. I would like to try to give the readers of these lines the special impression to get close to them.
But what is so special for me about Woody Mood? There are many forest scents, and probably they are all a bit similar! What fascinates me about the fragrance is the complex aura that is created in the sense of projection and radiation! It is this veil that the fragrance creates!
When I smell directly on the skin, I can recognize individual images, perceive individual aromas. It's like a kaleidoscope. I look through it, and every time I see another great picture.
But it is the sum of these components that makes Woody Mood extraordinary, beguiling and intense...
A fragrance that is, in my opinion, unparalleled, and as beautiful, sublime, and seemingly powerful as the sequoia trees of our planet!
Love Thanks for Reading
Deep stop
The first thing you can perceive is an intense and powerful ethereal note, which gives off a finely herbaceous, slightly sweetish sage-like hint and is due to the clary sage.

At the same time, the clary sage is surrounded by a wonderfully dense aromatic soft note, which carries a beautifully accentuated rough aura of black and at the same time red-brown leather and is derived from saffron.

Somewhat in the background, a fine citric, slightly woody nuance ensures, in my opinion, that the fragrance, despite its density, has a pleasant liveliness and is derived from ginger.

A little later, an even more herbaceous note is perceptible, which seems incredibly engaging, and at the same time gives off a very soft, almost smooth aromatic sweetish, typically tea-like smell, and can only be black tea.

The black tea is enveloped in a refreshingly smoky, bright, pure appearing resinous note, which gives the fragrance a subtle clear tone of contemplation and is owed to incense.

At the same time, the incense is accompanied by a touch of tree bark, which gives the fragrance a wonderful meditative touch and gives me personally the feeling of standing in front of the tree of black tea.

In the last 3 hours, a fine, sweet, earthy note is added in very gradual strokes, which in the background has a subtle vanilla-milk chocolate scent and I suspected the interplay of patchouli and benzoin instead of cocoa.

These two notes are enveloped by a cuddly balsamic sweet, slightly powdery, black leather scented note that provides a smooth finish and I suspected the use of Opoponax instead of Styrax in combination with the leather.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive bergamot and Indian nard, but I can well imagine that these fragrances were used to complement each other.

All in all, the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning to a very good perceptible full arm length for 3 hours, before it is reduced in calm steps until the fragrance is finished

Woody Mood indeed
My first review of an Olfactive Studio perfume, and one from one of my favourite perfumers, Bertrand Duchaufour. Released in 2017 based on main accords of citrus, ginger, incense and dry woods. Hope you enjoy, and thanks.

MossGreen
Precious woods in soft leather
Then I dare to comment on this scent. I've been itching my fingers for days, but I just don't have the guts.

Short digression: I came to this page after years of unsuccessful perfumery tours, almost every time headache and scent overload, to finally find a scent that really touches me.
And immediately my first filling (I ordered only one) has fulfilled exactly this wish.

This smell, which envelops you from the beginning, soft, graceful and yet not too subliminal or straightforward. I had counted on the fresh astringency of saffron and ginger, but it only stuck briefly in my nose when I first sniffed it at the bottle (it will later be skillfully woven back into the composition), what struck me most in my head was miraculously a soft, not too sweet incense (no, not the one from the church), rounded off by a light, mild spiciness (I suspect sage and ginger here).
I don't really like spices in perfume, but from the beginning it's more of a spicy, juicy forest soil with a fresh breeze carrying felled trees.

And from hour to hour I had become more and more addicted to it...it became woodier, more resinous, slightly smoky, but never bitter or dry. For this purpose the ginger waved faithfully around the woods, in order to let no dust arise.
Also I never had the feeling that he drifted too much into the masculine.
After three days of testing, I can say that I absolutely must have this fragrance, because even if the heart note becomes a little too balsamic/incensey at times, the noble, velvety and at the same time crunchy base, which accompanies you overnight, compensates for every little smoking excursion to which the heart briefly kidnapped you.
My skin smells now still weakly after freshly processed noble woods and a breath of leather (not the creaky Macholeder but the beautiful, soft)
The cocoa probably helps to round everything off and tame the small corners and edges of the heart note. I did not perceive Patchouli as such, which is always quite right for me.

A work of art without synthetics, imposed sweetness or citric rashes and yet interesting to the last breath.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic, woody, discreetly smoky scent (and I don't mean the smoked ham or the tobacco, I mean the smouldering, cozy birchwood campfire, which tends to a crackling, gentle end without the need to smell bitter ash)

I have to have him anyway.
My Holy Grail?!
It wasn't long ago that I exchanged opinions about whether there was such a thing as the "Holy Grail" among fragrances. Someone you can smell and the heart vibrates excited because you know "That's him." The scent that captures me as I am. Who turns my innermost to the outside and wraps my soul in a scent. Is there? Is that possible at all, considering that you always have different moods and are constantly evolving? I was a little stubborn for myself, thinking, "Yes, I think I can." Because behind my moods and phases of life there is still this one glowing core inside of me, which I have always been and which I will certainly stay. And this core is not bedded on flowers and edged with fruit. He also does not lie in the sun, in the freshness of a sea breeze... This core has always been in a protective, warm, slightly reddish shimmering darkness. It is surrounded by the silhouettes of old gnarled trees, while owls call and stars sparkle. He is gentle and calm and yet fearless, fearless and relentless. He's a peaceful warrior.
And that's Woody Mood for me. He's me, I'm him, we melt in the soft twilight. My Holy Grail? JAAAAAAA!!! The only one? I can't know that... But first I don't have to look any further.

To the fragrance - I really can't describe it - others here can do that so much better than me. Unique. Warm. Dark luminous. Spicy sweet. Wood Wood Wood. Perfection. Finally arrived

TombbbTombbb 7 months ago
Solid. Strong sage in the beginning, the drydown very leathery, a little animalic, I'd even say a bit oudy.

by RahulESJ
by RahulESJ

Popular Olfactive Studio

Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio Autoportrait by Olfactive Studio Iris Shot by Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche by Olfactive Studio Ombre Indigo / Olfactive Studio by Olfactive Studio Still Life by Olfactive Studio Panorama by Olfactive Studio Still Life in Rio by Olfactive Studio Flash Back in New York by Olfactive Studio Flash Back by Olfactive Studio Vanilla Shot by Olfactive Studio Close Up by Olfactive Studio Chypre Shot by Olfactive Studio Violet Shot by Olfactive Studio Leather Shot by Olfactive Studio Selfie by Olfactive Studio Rose Shot by Olfactive Studio