Woody Mood by Olfactive Studio

Woody Mood is a popular perfume by Olfactive Studio for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Clary sage, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesSequoia, Indian nard, Black tea, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Styrax, Cocoa

Submitted by Michael, last update on 30.05.2019

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

MossGreen
Precious woods in soft leather
Then I dare to comment on this scent. I've been itching my fingers for days, but I just don't have the guts.

Short digression: I came to this page after years of unsuccessful perfumery tours, almost every time headache and scent overload, to finally find a scent that really touches me.
And immediately my first filling (I ordered only one) has fulfilled exactly this wish.

This smell, which envelops you from the beginning, soft, graceful and yet not too subliminal or straightforward. I had counted on the fresh astringency of saffron and ginger, but it only stuck briefly in my nose when I first sniffed it at the bottle (it will later be skillfully woven back into the composition), what struck me most in my head was miraculously a soft, not too sweet incense (no, not the one from the church), rounded off by a light, mild spiciness (I suspect sage and ginger here).
I don't really like spices in perfume, but from the beginning it's more of a spicy, juicy forest soil with a fresh breeze carrying felled trees.

And from hour to hour I had become more and more addicted to it...it became woodier, more resinous, slightly smoky, but never bitter or dry. For this purpose the ginger waved faithfully around the woods, in order to let no dust arise.
Also I never had the feeling that he drifted too much into the masculine.
After three days of testing, I can say that I absolutely must have this fragrance, because even if the heart note becomes a little too balsamic/incensey at times, the noble, velvety and at the same time crunchy base, which accompanies you overnight, compensates for every little smoking excursion to which the heart briefly kidnapped you.
My skin smells now still weakly after freshly processed noble woods and a breath of leather (not the creaky Macholeder but the beautiful, soft)
The cocoa probably helps to round everything off and tame the small corners and edges of the heart note. I did not perceive Patchouli as such, which is always quite right for me.

A work of art without synthetics, imposed sweetness or citric rashes and yet interesting to the last breath.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic, woody, discreetly smoky scent (and I don't mean the smoked ham or the tobacco, I mean the smouldering, cozy birchwood campfire, which tends to a crackling, gentle end without the need to smell bitter ash)

I have to have him anyway.
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

My Holy Grail?!
It wasn't long ago that I exchanged opinions about whether there was such a thing as the "Holy Grail" among fragrances. Someone you can smell and the heart vibrates excited because you know "That's him." The scent that captures me as I am. Who turns my innermost to the outside and wraps my soul in a scent. Is there? Is that possible at all, considering that you always have different moods and are constantly evolving? I was a little stubborn for myself, thinking, "Yes, I think I can." Because behind my moods and phases of life there is still this one glowing core inside of me, which I have always been and which I will certainly stay. And this core is not bedded on flowers and edged with fruit. He also does not lie in the sun, in the freshness of a sea breeze... This core has always been in a protective, warm, slightly reddish shimmering darkness. It is surrounded by the silhouettes of old gnarled trees, while owls call and stars sparkle. He is gentle and calm and yet fearless, fearless and relentless. He's a peaceful warrior.
And that's Woody Mood for me. He's me, I'm him, we melt in the soft twilight. My Holy Grail? JAAAAAAA!!! The only one? I can't know that... But first I don't have to look any further.

To the fragrance - I really can't describe it - others here can do that so much better than me. Unique. Warm. Dark luminous. Spicy sweet. Wood Wood Wood. Perfection. Finally arrived