Woody Mood by Olfactive Studio

Woody Mood is a popular perfume by Olfactive Studio for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Ginger, Clary sage, Saffron
Heart Notes Heart NotesSequoia, Indian nard, Black tea, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Leather, Styrax, Cocoa

Submitted by Michael, last update on 03.04.2020.

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Deep stop
The first thing you can perceive is an intense and powerful ethereal note, which gives off a finely herbaceous, slightly sweetish sage-like hint and is due to the clary sage.

At the same time, the clary sage is surrounded by a wonderfully dense aromatic soft note, which carries a beautifully accentuated rough aura of black and at the same time red-brown leather and is derived from saffron.

Somewhat in the background, a fine citric, slightly woody nuance ensures, in my opinion, that the fragrance, despite its density, has a pleasant liveliness and is derived from ginger.

A little later, an even more herbaceous note is perceptible, which seems incredibly engaging, and at the same time gives off a very soft, almost smooth aromatic sweetish, typically tea-like smell, and can only be black tea.

The black tea is enveloped in a refreshingly smoky, bright, pure appearing resinous note, which gives the fragrance a subtle clear tone of contemplation and is owed to incense.

At the same time, the incense is accompanied by a touch of tree bark, which gives the fragrance a wonderful meditative touch and gives me personally the feeling of standing in front of the tree of black tea.

In the last 3 hours, a fine, sweet, earthy note is added in very gradual strokes, which in the background has a subtle vanilla-milk chocolate scent and I suspected the interplay of patchouli and benzoin instead of cocoa.

These two notes are enveloped by a cuddly balsamic sweet, slightly powdery, black leather scented note that provides a smooth finish and I suspected the use of Opoponax instead of Styrax in combination with the leather.

Unfortunately, I could not perceive bergamot and Indian nard, but I can well imagine that these fragrances were used to complement each other.

All in all, the fragrance lasts 8 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed from the beginning to a very good perceptible full arm length for 3 hours, before it is reduced in calm steps until the fragrance is finished
7.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Woody Mood indeed
My first review of an Olfactive Studio perfume, and one from one of my favourite perfumers, Bertrand Duchaufour. Released in 2017 based on main accords of citrus, ginger, incense and dry woods. Hope you enjoy, and thanks.

10.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

MossGreen
Precious woods in soft leather
Then I dare to comment on this scent. I've been itching my fingers for days, but I just don't have the guts.

Short digression: I came to this page after years of unsuccessful perfumery tours, almost every time headache and scent overload, to finally find a scent that really touches me.
And immediately my first filling (I ordered only one) has fulfilled exactly this wish.

This smell, which envelops you from the beginning, soft, graceful and yet not too subliminal or straightforward. I had counted on the fresh astringency of saffron and ginger, but it only stuck briefly in my nose when I first sniffed it at the bottle (it will later be skillfully woven back into the composition), what struck me most in my head was miraculously a soft, not too sweet incense (no, not the one from the church), rounded off by a light, mild spiciness (I suspect sage and ginger here).
I don't really like spices in perfume, but from the beginning it's more of a spicy, juicy forest soil with a fresh breeze carrying felled trees.

And from hour to hour I had become more and more addicted to it...it became woodier, more resinous, slightly smoky, but never bitter or dry. For this purpose the ginger waved faithfully around the woods, in order to let no dust arise.
Also I never had the feeling that he drifted too much into the masculine.
After three days of testing, I can say that I absolutely must have this fragrance, because even if the heart note becomes a little too balsamic/incensey at times, the noble, velvety and at the same time crunchy base, which accompanies you overnight, compensates for every little smoking excursion to which the heart briefly kidnapped you.
My skin smells now still weakly after freshly processed noble woods and a breath of leather (not the creaky Macholeder but the beautiful, soft)
The cocoa probably helps to round everything off and tame the small corners and edges of the heart note. I did not perceive Patchouli as such, which is always quite right for me.

A work of art without synthetics, imposed sweetness or citric rashes and yet interesting to the last breath.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for an authentic, woody, discreetly smoky scent (and I don't mean the smoked ham or the tobacco, I mean the smouldering, cozy birchwood campfire, which tends to a crackling, gentle end without the need to smell bitter ash)

I have to have him anyway.
8.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

My Holy Grail?!
It wasn't long ago that I exchanged opinions about whether there was such a thing as the "Holy Grail" among fragrances. Someone you can smell and the heart vibrates excited because you know "That's him." The scent that captures me as I am. Who turns my innermost to the outside and wraps my soul in a scent. Is there? Is that possible at all, considering that you always have different moods and are constantly evolving? I was a little stubborn for myself, thinking, "Yes, I think I can." Because behind my moods and phases of life there is still this one glowing core inside of me, which I have always been and which I will certainly stay. And this core is not bedded on flowers and edged with fruit. He also does not lie in the sun, in the freshness of a sea breeze... This core has always been in a protective, warm, slightly reddish shimmering darkness. It is surrounded by the silhouettes of old gnarled trees, while owls call and stars sparkle. He is gentle and calm and yet fearless, fearless and relentless. He's a peaceful warrior.
And that's Woody Mood for me. He's me, I'm him, we melt in the soft twilight. My Holy Grail? JAAAAAAA!!! The only one? I can't know that... But first I don't have to look any further.

To the fragrance - I really can't describe it - others here can do that so much better than me. Unique. Warm. Dark luminous. Spicy sweet. Wood Wood Wood. Perfection. Finally arrived

Popular Olfactive Studio

Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio Autoportrait by Olfactive Studio Lumière Blanche by Olfactive Studio Ombre Indigo / Olfactive Studio by Olfactive Studio Still Life by Olfactive Studio Panorama by Olfactive Studio Still Life in Rio by Olfactive Studio Flash Back in New York by Olfactive Studio Flash Back by Olfactive Studio Vanilla Shot by Olfactive Studio Close Up by Olfactive Studio Chypre Shot by Olfactive Studio Leather Shot by Olfactive Studio Selfie by Olfactive Studio