Blackbird by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Blackbird is a popular perfume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is resinous-fruity. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Himalaya blackberry, Dry grass, Leaves, Elemi resin, Cedarwood, Resin, Amber, Fir balsam absolute, Musk

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 03.11.2019

This perfume was initially created for the Northwest Indie Perfume Circuit hosted by Blackbird.

8.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

LOVE at first sniff
LOVE at first sniff, and at second, and at 3rd... Because the perfume has not a noticeable avolution. It is the same from born til dead. However It is a very pleasant perfume for me. What i get is a very nice red fruits fragance, fresh and dry instead of fruity and sweet as un other perfumes, with a hint of aromatic and resinous elements over a Green background. The performance is good and the price is fair beeing a niche perfume. Better for daytime use, total unisex and weareable un every season.
3.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Shaking
Mission blind purchase, full success! Part II "The resurrection of the Blackbird"
Silence lies over the forest.
The incoming sunbeams of summer make way for the twilight; the wind freshens up and whips the first harbingers of the approaching autumn around my nose.
The crowns of the fir trees sway back and forth, quietly and thoughtfully, as if to whisper something to me.

Under my strolling steps swirls the leaves and the needles of the firs.
The cool air enlivens my thoughts...my steps into the forest carry me further and further...the last rays of sunshine are almost completely swallowed by the ever denser trees and bushes.

Suddenly a small clearing opens up in front of me, the wind gets stronger, the whispering of the fir trees swells to a staccato of rushing and whispering.
On the clearing I discover a hidden blackberry grove, which, covered with the most luxuriant fruits, meanders criss-cross along the trunks of the firs
I stretch out my hand to taste the fruits swollen with juice and overripe...............

..........and awaken....a knock tears me out of the dream.

Sleep-drunk my look turns to the window ......Her yellow beak flashes at me ......is she it again ???

Our eyes meet, she sniffs at me.........
in her beak triumphantly a berry, she swings from thenen.

Hendrikmainz
Mission blind purchase, full success!
Blackbird, what are we dealing with here? Simple with the blackbird we all know:)
I don't think I've ever blindly bought a fragrance that hits the nail on the head of its description like that. He smells 100% the way I thought he would.
Nice stuff! Certainly not for every day, but if you want something different, perfect! I owe my new treasure to the dear Parfuma Waldvogel! Thanks again for that!
To the fragrance itself: fruity resinous! Description is program here!
An extremely prominent blackberry comes through directly, the sweetness is dampened by the resin. That makes it really great. Reminds me of my childhood. The blackberries grew on our field. You know, they have spines and proliferate. As a child in the summer, after playing, people liked to nibble from the bush into their mouths, while of course trampling on one or the other instinct. Hence the resinous/green fragrance! It makes me remember my childhood! That's what shapes us and when you smell something like that later, your heart opens. Enough indulging, a great, special fragrance and above all an honest & it lasts!!! But it never becomes penetrating!
People, buy!;)
7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

TiberiusNero
juicy, pitch-black raspberries to melt away.
this is the most authentic berry fragrance I've ever smelled in my entire life. Berries juicy, pitch-black not too sweet, not too acidic in a balsam coat on which various resins are dripped to a grandiosen perfume processed. Add a little dry grass and leaves and mix and you have the best resinous-fruity scent ever.
As a berry lover I have found my holy grail :-)!
4.0 9.0 10.0 7.5/10

Gold
Pine scent in the berry forest
At the moment I am testing some of the exciting Olympic O. ARTISAN fragrances - and artisan they are. Crafted, handmade - some would say "niche at its best", I mean "niche auf Teufel komm raus", whereby Ellen Covey wants and can do a lot.
The relatively untrained noses around me find all scents dreadful so far - and funny enough my daughter claims that they almost all smell the same, i.e. equally unpleasant.
Well, she's a teenager, but at least one who wanted a big bottle of Caron's "Parfum Sacré" for Christmas and even likes Aromatics Elixir.
"I have to put "Blackbird" in front of my daughter again tomorrow, because he doesn't smell unpleasant. Dr. Covey has his own handwriting, which I welcome. Sometimes it is applied bold and super-thick, in other cases sketchy and thrown down in a few strokes, the next day many lines are stacked on top of each other and interwoven, but never something is only subtly hinted at, even breathed on.
"Blackbird" is a forest painted in coarse strokes with a large tub of bath salt in the middle, a mixture of tetesept and silver fir. In the tub sits a small, chubby boy and feeds a blackbird with lots of blackberries. Verrrry berrry - blackberries, until they become grumberries, because their aroma permeates the entire forest. Very authentic, by the way, I don't know how the Dr.!!! Perfumer that worked out so well.
Everyone can come up with their own Little Red Riding Hood story about the fragrance. -
It remains present for hours.

Do I want to wear / have this?
Not my dream world.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

The Blackbird in the Green Woods
Blackbird is a pillar amongst its woody aromatic counterparts; fruity, intense, resinous, deep, and utterly daring. The black juice inside, aside from the fact that it stains the skin and clothes, is a road map to how unisex perfumes should be done. Upon first application, the fruity aspect, the Blackberry note, is prominent and smoky; a perfect opening volley that indicates what is to follow is going to be sexy, enigmatic, and interesting. The dark fruit note here serves as the tray the woods are served on. In the order of prominence, Balsam Fir, Cedar, and Musk are carried on the back of that glorious Blackberry until they all fade away, which is way over 12 hours. The Blackbird is what you would smell if you were to take a walk in the woods of the North on a rainy day and come across Blackberry patches along the way. The perfumer behind this took quite a risk composing this Black Beauty and the effort, in my opinion, was totally worth it. Recommended for all ages and genders who love to wear woody aromatic and are looking for the “dark edge” in a perfume without sacrificing the fresh aspect of it.

Emorandeira 24 days ago
Aromatic, fresh and dry red fruits smell over a Green and resinous background, unisex and suitable for every season for a daytime use.+2
9.0