California Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

California Chocolate is a perfume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Orange, Grapefruit, Yuzu, White cognac, Neroli, Dark chocolate, Patchouli, Musk, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Marron, last update on 25.12.2019.

7.5/10

Refreshment stick
You probably know them all...milk chocolate chopsticks with a citrus-flavoured sugar-crusted filling. Like it or not. No, they were never my thing, although I like most of the sweet stuff, jelly bananas, dark chocolate, and even the mentioned refreshment sticks excluded. The combination of citrus and (brown) chocolate is simply not taste compatible for my tongue. My mother knew this very well and therefore bought the things for herself - they were safe from me, because I often enough stibizt her the chocolate nut in the purple boards, which she loved as well
But it's different as a fragrance! I don't mind that combination. So I was happy to get a sample from my watchlist. In fact, at first I can see both opposites, citrus and chocolate, from my point of view none dominates. On the back of my hand, the scent soon loses intensity, but remains present. The fragrance has a citrus and gourmand note, but without too intense sweetness. Over time, the orange note predominates on me, but the chocolaty one remains as a rather cocoa-powdery background. The comparison with the Jaffa Cakes or the bitter chocolate covered candied orange peels (both of which I don't like to eat for the reasons mentioned above, only the oranges with a white coating), I think, too, fit, but the refreshment sticks simply came into my mind.

In the further process the perfume loses with me unfortunately a little at points. It looks a little stale on my skin.

Still worth testing for friends of unusual gourmand perfumes!
8.0/10

Rickbr
This one is certanly for those who like their gourmand fragrances as close of the literal as possible. Everytime i smell the opening i can see in front of me the image of a delicious dessert. It makes me think of an specific one we have here in Brazil which is called Pavê (very similar, from what i found, to its Scottish cousin called Trifle). It's made of cream, layers of ladyfinger biscuit and the flavor that you pick. In this case, i see a chocolate and orange pavê. It's very mouthwatering, and just before that you think you'll get overwhelmed by the realistic impression the scent relaxes on the chocolate sweet edge and favors a fresh citrus part which cuts some sweetness and which is completed by a gorgeous boozy aspect. The scent dries into something more musky, woody, and discreet and that works after the intense opening. It's from the Olympic Orchids fragrances i tried the one that i instantly liked. It speaks deep and directly to my inner child that loves desserts but it's able to dialogue with my adult side too :)
7.5 7.5 10.0/10

lovely gourmand
This smells so much like a Toblerone chocolate orange, if not nearly identical. The patchouli pairs perfectly with the dark chocolate note.

If Chocolovers were made with actual oils instead of synthetic ingredients, I imagine it would smell a lot like this.

I wouldn't wear this out and about because it would be too cloying in warm weather for me; but it's one of my special treat scents for wearing around my home.

by ChatonNoir
by ChatonNoir
by Achilles
by Achilles

Popular Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Blackbird by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Woodcut by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Ballets Rouges by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Café V by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Olympic Rainforest by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Salamanca by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Osafume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Seattle Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #2: The Main Act by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Elektra / A Midsummer Day's Dream by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Tucson / Arizona by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kyphi by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Golden Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Gujarat by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Red Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Hamsa by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Olympic Amber by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kingston Ferry by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Bay Rum by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Siam Proun by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes