Golden Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Golden Cattleya is a perfume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes for women and men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Cream soda, Resins, Honey, Musk, Narcissus, Orange, Orange blossom, Pollen, New Caledonian sandalwood, Labdanum

Submitted by Martin, last update on 18.10.2019.

9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Reliable Narcissus
This accomplished powerhouse scent is turning out to be one of my favorites from Olympic Orchids. If you like Narcissus, do give this a try because it's easily the best rendition of a Narcissus near-soliflore I've encountered, exceeding my expectations in every respect. Sillage is way above average, longevity is, too. A dab at each wrist and at the hollow of my neck insures loveliness wafting up to my nose for hours. This is a prettily earthy scent for those who long for distinct and ecstatic smell experiences. It's almost too sweet, but the Narcissus and resins and musk are perfect counterpoints to the honey which smells scooped from the hive. Cream soda adds creaminess and the orange and orange blossom pollen add an astringency that's luxurious and therefore doesn't break the overall richness of the scent. For me it's a swoon inducer, perfect for reviving my nose when it's about to expire from boredom. Actually, three dabs may be too much for some. Try one dab at first, then two and if that works go for three. This fragrance is sultry, sweet, hypnotic--not for every nymph in the woods perhaps, but more than worth a try. Several times now when I've despaired of what to wear from my collection, I've thought, "Oh, yes, Golden Cattleya. It never disappoints."

5/22/16
Also mentioned in my review of Eau de Hongrie by Viktoria Minya.
7.5 7.5 3.0/10

sweeter than honey.
Cattleya is too sweet, too vanillary and too strong!If you love honey you must try this one.I think a decant of this one is better than a big syrupy bottle.
5.0 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

an enticing golden haze
After gratefully recieving a sample packet, from Ms Covey, my husband and i have tested through the group and found gem after gem. Tonight, it is a little balmy and the air is humid, breezy, but not hot. A good friend and i both donned GC and immediately noticed a brightening citrusy note in the beginning. As it settled, i left the room, and as she & i would walk past one another we'd love the gorgeous trail we would encounter. It excited us both! Among the lush honey, labdanum, and amber, there seemed to be a powerful olfactory effect taking place. A sense of nag champa incense perhaps? GC becomes exotic, and captures a feel of almost "taboo" in the sudden warmth, excitement, and racing heart that brought me back to the seductive and rushing anticipation of a youth sneaking into a "smoke shop" and discovering many, but never all of its forbidden delights. After this initial sensation began to wane, i enjoyed my stay in the beautiful golden haze, a light sandalwood, and barely detectable incense note appeared, and the scent slowly began to shift into a sensuous languidity like the aftermath of said forbidden delights.. lingering in the air, seducing with a memory, making me want to lift my hair, bare my neck to the breeze and close my eyes. Maybe just drift of into the sweet, exotic, goden siren song.

My husband immediately fell for this "sirens song", on myself, as well as on him. we will be purchasing fb's in the near future.

I would recommend trying all of the line. The quality is right here.

Popular Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Blackbird by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Woodcut by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes California Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Ballets Rouges by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Café V by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Olympic Rainforest by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Salamanca by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Osafume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Seattle Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #2: The Main Act by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Elektra / A Midsummer Day's Dream by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Tucson / Arizona by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kyphi by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Gujarat by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Red Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Hamsa by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Olympic Amber by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kingston Ferry by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Bay Rum by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Siam Proun by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes