Olympic Rainforest by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes
Olympic Rainforest is a perfume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is green-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Black SpruceBlack Spruce
Balsam firBalsam fir
Lawson cypress
Earthy notesEarthy notes

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 11.07.2021.

In the eucalyptus forest
It's been a long time since my last visit So I'm off
Into the eucalyptus forest
The path leads through earthy trails
Wildflowers proliferate at the forest's edge
As colorful as the diversity of the woods
Soft rain drips on my skin
Finally arrived!
A long way lies behind me
My feet ache
But the high seat is not far
Slowly I climb up the mossy ladder
The herbal schnapps always with me
My gaze falls on the endless meadows
Dark green combines with light green
I watch the mushrooms grow
The wind smells of eucalyptus
A place that invites you to linger

Olympic Rainforest by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes is a very authentic forest fragrance. The fragrance has at the beginning something of bitter medicine, paired with cedar. The quite pleasant note of mushrooms stretches through the entire course, but is never really scent-determining. After almost two hours, the medicinal-fresh notes recede into the background and the earthy-woody notes become more and more prominent. Only a sweetish note reminiscent of varnish bothers me minimally. But this disappears again after a very short time. I think the more you wear Olympic Rainforest, the more you like it. A great nature experience is this fragrance in any case.

Thanks for reading!
the eternal cycle....
Thanks to the dear Delightful, who invited me to overcome my shyness of mushroom smell in natural fragrances, I was enriched by this wonderful fragrance experience. On my own, I think I would never have tested this fragrance, and now I am completely touched and overwhelmed by what Olympic Rainforest reveals.

It begins with harsh earthy prelude, it presents mentholiges, myrtle, mosses, damp forest floor, lichens (and somewhere at the very back maybe a mushroom ... on me, however, only a very small)... very authentic.
The healthy, moving nature, the cycle of freshly living and becoming one with the earth again becomes tangible, filled with depth and self-evidence.
The forest invites you to be a part of it. I feel like taking a handful of forest soil in my hands and breathing it in. The soft sweet scent of wildflowers replaces the earthy freshness, has something hypnotic. Later, the woody notes become more pronounced.

Olympic Rainforest has definitely also something mystical, awakens associations of mist and ancient tree souls. Smoke and resin components, which I smell quite very gladly, are not discernible here for me. This is a real forest scent for me. Here, nothing is coquettish, here you don't want to suddenly bite into caramel bars or drink cocoa.
Here you want to sit down under one of the mighty trees and give thanks for being there.

According to the description on the label's site, the green-aromatic fragrance is inspired by the mystical rainforests of the Pacific Northwest / Vancouver Island (see also the review of Palonera in which this is discussed in detail).

Bookmark, wish list - and travel destination when world events allow it again.
A wonderful fragrance!
Delightful
Poetry from the Olympic Rainforest..
Rain falling on cedars.
Black spruce holding hands with balsam fir.
Eucalypt myrtle meandering in the cypress riverbed.
And beguilingly sweet the rhododendron wafting.
Mushrooms hiding behind the monard and thyme ethereal scents waft.
****
Olympic Rainforest is a very successful forest scent.
The mushrooms come across very mild and fragrant to me, but probably goes differently.
He becomes on my skin later fresh-woody and creamy.
A really very nice, and portable fragrance

(A very dear thanks to Floyd :) )

Art
My personal "jurassic park"
Big green, poisonous, camphoric, with giant prehistoric trees, huge sour leaves and large caterpillars. It keeps perfect balance between natural woodiness and greenness and consists of various transformations of green in the visual spectum, that really reflects many shades of green world. It's my personal "jurassic park" trip from dark to light and back.
SchatzSucher
The forest isn't always nice. Those who like, read my moans now.
From out of the woods I come here And I have to tell you, the smell stinks too much The mushrooms I brought
They are not intended for human consumption.

They no longer smell really fine
It's a pain in the nose The wood, which is rotting away
Very strongly in my nose blazes.

Plus flowers, dull and stale
The scent becomes more and more a torture.
The cedars here are sharp and nasty
That makes the smell twice as bad.

In the bog, there's a stink around
For moss, animals and much more.
It smells much too humid and oll
I don't think that's great
A single sprayer from the bottle
This stuff will last like a hulle I'm standing here and I can't believe it And ask me who likes to smell like this
So I say to my annoyance
The fragrance is truly no pleasure I don't want to torment anyone with it
and rather choose something else.

Otherwise I like wood and spice very much
but it's putting up resistance here The smell makes me sick You can believe me, this is real
But I don't want to hurt anybody
especially those who appreciate this fragrance so much But it's too far out of my head
I will praise other scents
I'm going to wash off the scent now
and then I'll be awake again.
Then I spray something else on it
Before I run amok here
Verbena I say thank you very much
But the scent doesn't come into my closet.
I stick to my smelling preferences
And I'm at peace with that
Floral, wood and a little sweetness
Are notes I welcome more.
Add some citrus, light and bright
It's always up to date with me.

Now don't take the slating away from me But whoever doesn't sniff, remains stupid.
That just had to come out now
I don't expect applause either.
Penicillin *bug*
Rainforest???? For me it's rather a walk through a dense coniferous forest in the swamp area, near the local medicine factory that is producing a batch of penicillin at the moment!!

Do you know the taste when you have to take penicillin, the giant tablet doesn't get swallowed properly and it starts to dissolve a bit?? This nasty, bitter taste, which spreads in the mouth and makes an almost knee-jerk... ahem... to the man who's gonna throw up!!!???? The same kind of note is vibrating in the Rainforest for me all the time!!! *choke* :-P

Otherwise actually a very "interesting" scent, even if I don't like to smell like that!!! But that one nasty note... ne... he's not really something for Mudderns son!!! :-D

Briarthorn
Sit back and enjoy the show
First whiff of this was almost medicinal, from the balsam and myrhh perhaps. The very next instant was earthy and damp from the mushrooms. Then after a min. or so, the fir and cedar came out. Then it was earthy again. Amazing. There is fir and cedar in the base.

After about twenty min. I started to get the wildflowers. What a divine floral to use here. So pretty, soft and sweet (not sugary at all). Wow. the complexity of this is astounding. The heart of this is the wildflowers with oakmoss and something I'm not familiar with, the fern maybe? The oakmoss is a little dusty. The fir and cedar are still in the base.

The drydown is fir, myrhh, honey and something earthy and woody, maybe the mushrooms. The honey sweetens this up giving it the perfect balance. The fir and cedar persist in the base, a constant throughout the evolution of this scent.

It lasted about five hours with moderate projection. This scent is worth every penny. It's quite a show. The craftsmanship is awe inspiring. True artistry.

Jun
2014

Psychedelic Rainforest
by Floyd
Olympischer Regenwaldschrat
by Floyd

Popular Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Blackbird by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Woodcut by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Night Flyer by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #2: The Main Act by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #4: Reprise by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Café V by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Hamsa by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Tropic of Capricorn by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes California Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Seattle Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Ballets Rouges by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #1: Foreplay by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Peace by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Carolina by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Kilauea by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Gujarat by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Golden Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Cryptical Envelopment by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Lil by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Salamanca by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes