Osafume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes
Osafume is a perfume by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes for women and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Dr. Ellen Covey

Aniseed, Heliotrope, Magnolia, Orchid, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 16.09.2020.

A touch of Ibiza
After Blackbird, I'm already preoccupied with Dr. Covey's second fragrance. The unspeakably generous package of the dear Can777 included a complete discovery set of Olympic orchids. I opened myself to these absolutely exciting, partly excellently composed scents without any bias and let myself get involved with them. I admit that if this set hadn't ended up in my home, I would probably never have tried them all.

All sorts of scents were hitting me. From typical hippie-esque creations that remind one of Woodstock & Co. to odeurs from the field of herbal medicine and other medicinal scents, to quite unexpected creations that make a perfume lover's heart beat faster, just about everything was represented. Actually, I got stuck with Osafume quite quickly, because this delicate, slightly sweet orchid corresponded to my prey scheme
I already liked the prelude, in which some perfumes will certainly turn up their nose. That aniseed note - hmmmm. I know it. As most of you know, I'm an absolute Ibiza lover and sooner or later you won't be able to avoid Hierbas Ibicencas, the typical herbal liqueur of the Islas Blancas. This is exactly what I think of when I perceive the top note of Osafume. Little by little this note weakens until it fades away almost completely and we have a delicate floral scent with magnolia, heliotrope and orchid on a slightly gourmand base. But Osafume never becomes a real gourmand, even if the prelude with the intense aniseed note suggests it might. I wouldn't really call it sweet either. Sweet is more appropriate. When you wear it, a note comes through, which brings a little bit of aquatic. But don't worry, no calone. This is a floral aquatic. There are beautiful flowers, maybe hedges or bushes, and behind them you can get a glimpse of the island's maritime air.

Yes, this fragrance gives me a bit of an Ibiza feeling. I don't think we'll get anywhere in the long run, because all in all it gives me an aura that seems too aquatic. And this scent is simply not for a lasting liaison. Nevertheless I appreciate and love him very much. And I'm also pleased to have met so many other creations of Dr. Covey. There's a lot of things about him that you don't expect.

Many thanks to Can777 for this wonderful and unusual fragrance experience.

by Jasmine87
by Jasmine87

Popular Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes

Blackbird by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Woodcut by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #4: Reprise by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #2: The Main Act by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Night Flyer by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Café V by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Ballets Rouges by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes DEV #1: Foreplay by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes California Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Hamsa by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Seattle Chocolate by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Lil by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Tropic of Capricorn by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Olympic Rainforest by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Siam Proun by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Peace by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Golden Cattleya by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Gujarat by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Salamanca by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Elektra / A Midsummer Day's Dream by Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes