Putting Green

Putting Green by Omerta

Putting Green is a popular perfume by Omerta for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by Coscentra.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Cumin, Lemon, Rosemary
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Coriander, Carnation, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Vetiver

Submitted by OblikoMorale, last update on 04.10.2019

3.0 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Eau Sauvage. Cheap.
8.1/10 at 122 reviews. Sounds great. It's just stupid that it doesn't fit in with what I'm seeing
I mean, sure, it smells like Eau Sauvage. And I like Eau Sauvage. Very much so. But let's face it, guys. Putting Green is missing exactly the melting that makes up Eau Sauvage. Even after all the reformulations, this is still something special. A simple lemon water with herbs can make many...

This one smells as if the Dior formula had been cleared of everything supposedly superfluous. It's too bad that that's the class and elegance of the composition. What remains is a completely sharpened print from the original. Penetrating cutting. Without depth and soulless to it.

That's Eau Sauvage. Cheap. And by that I mean for once not cheap, but really cheap. Because for this completely sterile work of art I find even the price called still too much
2.0 7.0 7.0 6.0/10

Eau Sauvage Clone
Yes, it is an Eau Sauvage clone and if you want a first orientation or don't want to buy Eau Sauvage immediately, you can reach for Putting Green. That's exactly what I did. Meanwhile I changed to the original. Putting Green is too sharp and edgy and this is especially unpleasant for many (at least in my environment) when it comes to citrus notes. Eau Sauvage is much rounder and more elegant. Anyone who loves a summery, fresh and spicy fragrance can literally fog himself in with Eau Sauvage. That would be unthinkable with Putting Green. That's where everyone would go berserk.
7.0 6.0 9.0/10

Rookie82
Simple Summer Opener 2019 or has the acceptance phase been reached?
Getting older ... we all know. Little tingling gimmick of life. You become calmer, but you can still sleep less long. There is less celebration, the more you sprint in the rut of everyday life in your hamster wheel, consisting of job and not infrequently obligations that just escape the amusement tax. One calendar week hunts the next and the 2nd building saving contract has been paid out recently. In the longing for youthful unconcern one starts to ride a motorcycle and even has success with it.
Matching it one carries his still in full splendour existing hair longer and more modern to a plait, no bud, oh well ... it's "Man Bun" ... sure, whatever else.
Shit nevertheless (sorry), you are now closer to a 4 in front than the per se more charming three and to top it all off you begin to prefer classic scent impressions originating somewhere in the mid 60s to a wide range of modern alternatives.

The summer is still young, but the morning ritual of perfume selection is decided the days before the bath was entered. It's hard to imagine that a day can start olfactorically better. Only a short time ago, when I was making a statement about Edition Blanche (EDP), I let myself be carried away by the statement that it was actually an ode to the citrus fruit.
Ridiculous and yet somehow comforting, this perhaps youthful carelessness?
Putting Green may be boldly cribbed. I take it with a shrug of the shoulders, I lack the comparison to the original. The top note guarantees the best mood, all ingredients work perfectly together, almost created for each other. Fresh harmony and happiness in perfection.
Another blessing ... this fragrance levelled off after about 4-5 hours but very close to the skin. To enjoy this top note twice a day is a privilege that must first be appreciated. But hopefully this knowledge is not based on this, uhhh ... Old wisdom? For now, I'll tell myself that I'm just smart.
Do they still say "smart" these days?

Does the whole thing now look classic or even old-fashioned? Not a second ... hopefully nobody around me dares to believe with his hipster puddles more sublime than to smell my humble self.
Honestly? I like to accept it, so that the previous phases of the traumatic experiences of getting older (denial / anger / negotiation / depression / ... ) are more limited, as the inclined reader might now suspect. :-)
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Good can be so simple
Really small money results in a simply good fragrance, which from front to back gives exactly what green ingredients are in it.
Who under "well" understands that a smell changes often and much and thereby complexly, will not become happy with Putting Green, but "simply" and "well" can mean also that one gets exactly for what one paid.

Exactly this is the case here, whereby one is surprised very positively, what is possible for small money at smell everything.
I don't know the alleged fragrance twin "Eau Sauvage", but I know the price - Putting Green has nothing to do with it - and that's good for several reasons!

Very fresh lemon opens the fragrance with the light "spice" of basil (for the other notes my nose is not enough).
Lemon doesn't last long and then it goes from spicy to calm (jasmine) with the impacts of wood and very light "flower".
For every Euro (currently 8) the fragrance remains in the well perceptible range for one hour - so for a round of golf followed by dinner and chatting / alternatively one day in the office is enough.
And when you get home, you can say that you mowed the lawn (green) all day long, which is also due to the fact that the green freshness is and remains in the foreground all the time.

If "Eau Sauvage" and then "Putting Green" should be an oldschooler and possibly boring, I tell the lawn and the garden that he should finally get another scent - until then I would love to smell the scent more often in offices and the like, because then hopefully it's as relaxed as Putting Green is...and that's just as simple as it is good.
3.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10

Amazingly fair
I was recommended Putting Green by Omerta here in the forum in a thread about Eau Sauvage by Dior.
It is absolutely exactly the same, but costs only a fraction.
When I looked at the price and saw with joy how little the perfume costs, I dared a blind purchase.

A few days later then the surprise in the mailbox. Full of joy I opened the envelope and inspected the packaging. Solid. Opened the box and took out the bottle. The bottle looks really cheap. When I wanted to see if the spray head was compatible with a Travalo, it got rid of the silver cover. Okay, we're in the really cheap segment. But is Travalo compatible which always pleases me.

A few splashes of the fragrance on my skin and immediately you taste very dominant the lemon. Somewhat stronger than Eau Sauvage but surprisingly similar to Dior's water. Putting Green can rightly be praised as a substitute. What I would like to note, however, is that the fragrance appears a little sharper, somehow more angular, jagged. Eau Sauvage looks more childlike, rounder, finer. Hopefully someone understands what I mean and can even tell me the right terms, if there are any.
As fresh and citric as the opening, as warm and grounded is the base note, which appears after a good 2 hours together with the heart note. The fragrance becomes quieter which I like very much. The (white?) musk comes across great with the amber and the oakmoss gives the green pure or yet vetiver? Anyway, I like the base note enormously. Classic, masculine.

The shelf life is absolutely fine. Anyway, at that price. I sit in the office and spray two splashes in the morning and they last until after lunch, even if only close to the body.

The Sillage is average which is great, because especially in the warm season a scent should not be too intrusive. Of course the opening is a bit louder, but it is over relatively quickly and the heart and base note accompanies you calmly but present with.

Anyone considering Eau Sauvage (EdT) should try this fragrance first or afterwards. Not exactly the same, but pretty damn close
3.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Very sobering
Phew...after I paid about 60€ for the 50ml bottle of the Eau Sauvage EdT in the perfumery of my confidence, I am now slightly, well, shocked. For one sixth of the price you get twice the amount of the same quality. It even lasts as long as the original on the skin. The Sillage is with both predominantly body near.
This makes me once again question the pricing policy of the established suppliers. For fans of the Eau Sauvage-EdT, Putting Green is an equivalent substitute.
5.0 5.0 7.0 9.0/10

Mister Citrus
Final evaluation of my summer fragrances 2018.
Summer is coming to an end. The summer was hot, incredibly hot. So hot that any perfume with just a hint of complexity would have been too much for me. I was just thirsting for refreshment. Lemon came to my mind and so I started to pilgrimage from perfumery to perfumery to test the different scents in this direction. To my horror I had to realize that most of them evoked a Kloreiniger association in me. I was disappointed, I had a fresh, fruity but also bitter male smell of my spiritual nose.

I had almost rejected the thought again, then this smell came under me, it operated far under my radar. I knew his brother from Dior, who had changed a lot over the years and we had lived apart. At first I was not convinced, but in view of the price and the good valuations I took a shot in the blue and he went with me into the shopping basket.

It rang, I took the package, opened it and tested the rest of my order. Omertas Putting Green was still left. The bottle Average, with a classic touch. The lid's a disgrace. Cheap and without proper adhesion to the bottle. You already cracked my test claws, but well, you're not always supposed to be so superficial....
So I gave a powerful spray on my wrist. Wait a few seconds... and yes, damn it, there was the scent I imagined!!! Sparkling, fresh, citrus and at the same time serious and masculine. When I first touched the Falkon I had expected a cheaper smelling content.
I sprayed him right on my neck to spend the day with him.

For a few hours he accompanied me like a fresh shield through the heat, dividing the air in front of me and letting me breathe freely. However, he never moved further than a few centimetres away from me, which is not a shortcoming for me. I didn't expect a Silage Monster and didn't want one at the temperatures. After about four hours he became very close in the heat. Solid!

And so the summer came about through an intimate friendship between us. I wore it mostly in my shirt and in my office. In the evening it is too boring for me and it does not fit there. I also preferred other fragrances to the T-shirt. Not a summer all-rounder for me, but a good office fragrance or matching a classic men's wardrobe.

In comparison, I find it fits young and old, while I always found that Dior has something sublime, something more fitting for a more mature man.
Price-performance is top! Clear buy recommendation for the summer!
1.0 5.0 3.0 2.0/10

Badly imitated, very badly
the hint of cheap is unmistakable, the durability grottig, the Sillage embarrassing, me inexplicably like this evaluation could come off. No recommendation - a dubious scent, embarrassing
4.0 5.0 6.0 7.5/10

Happy Matthias
One of my undisputed favourite books as a boy was 'Robbi, Tobbi und das Fliewatüüt', written by the North Frisian writer Boy Lornsen. The book is about a boy named Tobias (=Tobbi) and a small robot (=Robbi), who together with a vehicle called 'Fliewatüüt' (which can fly like a helicopter, hence 'Flie', which can swim on the water, hence 'wa', and which can drive on the road like a car, hence 'tüüt'), invented by Tobbi and built by Robbi, embark on a journey, on which they have to endure adventures and solve puzzles. And they meet the lucky Matthias.

Lucky Matthias is a lighthouse keeper. He has lived for thirty-five years on his lighthouse (with 177 steps) in the middle of the sea and invites his surprising visitors to roast potatoes with fried eggs. He is also good friends with the fast Fridolin - a dolphin who pulls them to the North Pole with a rope. Happy Matthias lives a simple life - with fried potatoes, grog and his lighthouse - and is so happy in this simplicity. The sea. The wind. The sun. Pickled herrings for the Fast Fridolin. And from time to time maybe a visit from a small inventor and a small robot.

Omertas Putting Green would be the fragrance for someone like the lucky Matthias - if he were wearing one at all. In an uncomplicated way, friendly and masculine. Light-footed, but not banal. Fresh, but not insignificant. Unexcited, but present. Extremely inexpensive to buy and very economical to use - so more is left for a bottle of rum and an extra herring for the Fast Fridolin. Here I skip the parallels to that fragrance from France, to which it actually resembles quite astonishingly. That's already been said, it's all true - but nevertheless Putting Green deserves its own comment - and a friendly one.

Conclusion: a scent like a man alone on a dike, the sun in his neck, and the sea breeze in his hair. And for the lucky Matthias, as he looks out of his lighthouse from the Fliewatüüt, as it disappears on the horizon.

by Butzi
by Butzi
by Baran1984
by Baran1984

Popular Omerta

Putting Green by Omerta Oh So! by Omerta Express Sensualité Captive by Omerta Stand In by Omerta Conclude by Omerta Black & Silver by Omerta Vanilla Fun by Omerta Clouds of Love Man by Omerta Body Survival for Man by Omerta Wealth by Omerta Beach Call for Men by Omerta Pure Temptation by Omerta Code of Silence Gold Edition by Omerta Original Man by Omerta Untrue Lies Noir by Omerta Express Sensualité Printemps by Omerta Lilou by Omerta Twice So Nice by Omerta Untrue Lies Fragile by Omerta Desirable Sexy Night by Omerta