Love Potion 2011Eau de Parfum

Love Potion (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame
Bottle Design Studio Pi Design
Love Potion (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Oriflame for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Jean Jacques

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Ginger, Rum
Heart Notes Heart NotesCocoa blossom, White lily, Vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesChocolate, Tonka bean, Sandalwood

Submitted by TrueBlood, last update on 15.06.2020.

Germanblonde
Not a frag I will rave about
Well, this was a totally new experience. This fragrance smells differently on my right wrist from my left wrist. My right wrist smells really strongly of cacao, but on my left wrist the smell of mandarin oranges is predominant. I actually like the way it smells on my left wrist better. I have to do some research, if that is even possible, or if my nose is just fooling me. All in all it is an okay fragrance, nothing earth shattering new or innovative about it, but pleasant enough. Certainly not a fragrance I will be raving about to my friends.

Update: So I researched online if it is possible that one wrist smells different than the other wearing the same perfume - and it is not so uncommon. I found no real explanation for it, but it is good to know that I am not the only one who experiences it - for whatever reason. And strangely of all my over 100 fragrances this is the only one where I experienced this weird phenomenon so far.

I'm in Love!
This follows the notes amazingly well. I applied one squirt to the back of my neck/hair, once on each forearm, and once to my chest. The first blast is slightly tart from the mandarin and yet boozy from the rum; the ginger dances along the verge. Within 15 minutes, it's turning sweeter from the vanilla, but the rum is still doing its thing. I don't get either of the flowers over much until about one hour in, and they maintain a very soft presence. To me, this isn't primarily a floral scent. The chocolate and tonka on the dry down are amazing! Not totally foody, but all of those notes together combine into the most wondrous sweet-ish gourmand. There isn't a lot of sandalwood, for which I am glad, because otherwise it would be too screechy on me.

It is a bit different in that I can smell a sweet-tart mandarin/rum/vanilla combo wafting around me in the air, but when I stick my nose on my arm, it's mostly chocolate/vanilla. Very intriguing. I like this a LOT!!!

Sillage is definitely within arm's distance; it's not overly strong--I wish it were stronger! Longevity is maybe 5-ish hours. I reapplied in the afternoon to get the stronger initial notes back.

The bottle is pretty cool, too. I've never seen any perfume lid like this one!

I can't wait to try this in fall and winter. I bet it's going to be very warm and cozy: Like a mug of hot chocolate. As it is, today it's the end of July, and the high has been around 82, and I still am a huge fan. I think it will work all year round.

Promises kept
LOVE POTION is exactly the same, what you expect after reading the notes.
Ginger is too weak to float on the heart notes, it sinks to the same level as heart notes. Coffee, cocoa are very strong there, giving a small bitter background noise amongst the sweet and powdery vanilla and tonka bean. Lily and tangerine makes the fragrance more fresh, so the parfume is not stifling or heavy at all.
It is a totally gourmand, sweet and nice scent, easy to wear to gourmand fans.
Do not mix it with other parfumes, because the result may be terrible.
The slight bitterness makes me to want smelling LOVE POTION on a guy once.

The cap is awful, it took a lot of time to take it off. The designe is nice, but you can not grip it.

Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
A sweet-tart mandarin/rum/vanilla combo wafting around me w/ chocolate/tonka notes when I press my nose to my arm: a new intriguing concept.

by Irini
Schräg in Lila - für Fresh21. Upside down, boy you turn me....
by Somebody
by Somebody
by Sky22
by Sky22

Popular Oriflame

Mirage by Oriflame Sir Avebury by Oriflame Amethyst Fatale by Oriflame Amber Elixir Night by Oriflame Amber Elixir by Oriflame Architect by Oriflame Freya by Oriflame Enigma by Oriflame Pretty Swan by Oriflame Elvie by Oriflame Mirage Daydream by Oriflame M by Marcel Marongiu by Oriflame Felicity by Oriflame Paradise (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame Lovely Garden by Oriflame Giordani Gold Original / Giordani Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Oriflame De Marco by Oriflame Giordani Gold Notte / Giordani Man Notte by Oriflame Delice by Oriflame Giordani Gold Essenza (Parfum) by Oriflame